Anime/Manga Discussion

I'm watching the Pokemon Diancie movie and noticed several things. The music is badly dubbed over. Ash isn't stuck at 10 years, he has Benjamin Button Syndrome. He looks younger and younger each season. He's also a stupid motherfucker that doesn't know what diamonds are.

And for all the cast changes, channel changes and generations and voice actors gone by, the narration is still done by the same fucker from 1998. Amazing. Even WWE has gone through 2 or 3 in that time.

So I just read the first chapter of the new DB Supers manga. Seems like they may be trying to tie in the BOG movie. Or they may end up retconning it a little. Too early to tell.

New chapter of Fairy Tail is so much like One Piece. Island setting and OPed god-like antagonists. If nothing else, Hiro Mashima sure knows how to draw his female characters. Erza looks great in the last few chapters and the new female antagonist looks great though her outfit looks ridiculous.

Anyone read any Korean stuff? Noblesse, Kubera and The Gamer are all worth checking out if you have the time and want to read via scrolling down instead of flipping pages like a pleb. Especially The Gamer, that's one that would be more popular than SAO if it were Japanese and it's actually written well. 10/10

Koe no Katachi (a silent voice) is the latest manga I've picked up and devoured, and it's damn good. It's the story of a final year highschool kid trying to atone for his actions towards a deaf girl that made her leave his elementary school. It's got laughter, attempted suicide and you'll both love and hate every main character along the way. Read the first 5 chapters and if you aren't hooked then you have no soul.

Anyone watch Dragon Ball Super? Loaded with potential scenarios to explore the characters. Too bad its just gonna be Goku being a jackass and fighting again.

Watching the Buu Saga of DBZKai because I'm a masochist and Jesus Christ this was horribly cut. It has more camera cuts than an episode of Impact. It's obscene. Not to mention how insanely fast things move along. This is a fucking horrible recut.

Watching the Buu Saga of DBZKai because I'm a masochist and Jesus Christ this was horribly cut. It has more camera cuts than an episode of Impact. It's obscene. Not to mention how insanely fast things move along. This is a fucking horrible recut.

Damn! You didn't answer my question.

The latest DBS. This was either brilliantly written by fanfic writers or this was horribly rushed and unplanned. Seriously, the latest episode is a callback to a dumb gag from the previous show packed with a 90's quality flashback, because there's millions of dollars coming in from games and such, but not enough to remake a 1 minute scene from DBZ.

So I finally finished the 4th episode of the Umineko manga. Powerful stuff that really causes you approach the mysteries on a philosophical level. The writing's impeccable.

Help please :'(
The brilliant train line newspaper has been discontinued so I've been reading my girly romance manga on the train to not die from boredom. Alas, I caught up to Skip Beat today and I have no idea how I'll make it through tomorrow :(
Has anyone got any suggestions for manga for me to read? Preferably girly romance stuff but if I get desperate I might resort to others.

Anyone watch Dragon Ball Super? Loaded with potential scenarios to explore the characters. Too bad its just gonna be Goku being a jackass and fighting again.

Actually, from what Akira Toryiama said in an interview, DBS is going to focus a lot more on other characters being able to save the day such as Vegeta, Trunks, and Goten. He said that other characters who once were important will gain purpose again. This leads me to believe Piccolo may become a bad ass again and we might even see more of Krillin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back