The [Official] Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 Thread

Create-a-move would be awesome. That way you could justify a Low Ki CAW. I'd love to be able to add in all his different kicks. It'd be useful for an Alex Shelley or Nigel McGuinness CAW too.

Hot damn, I'm Mrs. Sam!!

Edit - A Dynamite Kid Legend addition would be welcome.

Just because they have "creat-a-move" listed as an option, I don't actually think it'll be that. Does anyone remember the older SD! series game that had "creat-a-taunt?" I think "CAM" would only be similar, in the fact that you start off with a beginning to a move, add a middle & then an end.

I think W.W.E. would screw this up way to much to willingly allow people to create big time T.N.A. moves.. especially, to MY disappointment, moves like the Canadian Destroyer.. which they COULD give to Murdoch.. well, if they would've put him in the damn game. (on that note, why even bother placing Tag Team Championships in the damn game?) Cryme Tyme will most likely be the RAW Tag Team Champions, but who for Smackdown?!

Also - Regarding Dynamite Kid: I'm not saying he wasn't a great superstar, although I'm not saying he was either. I'm just saying, W.W.E. won't add him unless they add the British Bulldogs as a team.. which, if they add Bulldog & want him apart of a team, they'd most likely add Owen Hart instead of Dynamite Kid.

The fact that Benoit picked Kid's style of wrestling as his own, doesn't help matters either. And to end.. on the Benoit note. I hope his character is still IN the game, but just "hidden" & awaiting a hack-type/game-shark code to unlock him. Or at least none the less keep his move-set in, which again, I doubt they'd do.. because of the issues with the crossface.

I am so glad Sabu is in the game. Maybe we can FINALLY have a game that features the triple jump moonsault! Also, the video showing Sandman doing Arabian Face Busters with the chair is definatly for Sabu. Throw some flaming tables in, and I'll be making TONS of CAWs, because it will basically turn into a ECW game for me.

I'm glad they left Sabu in. As far as I'm concerned I'll just use him as a legend. Bit pissed off that RVD isn't in the game. Because you just know he'll probably be back sometime next year. Same with JBL I expect him to wrestle next year and I'll be pissed when he's not playable.

I don't know, part of me wants RVD back in the WWE so I have a reason to watch them, but part of me would LOVE to see him work some Indy's for a year. RVD on a relaxed schedule could produce matches of the highest quality. But yeah, his omission from the game is a let down, but I'm sure they will have his moveset predone in the game, much like Jeff Hardy was in SVR07. But I still can't get over Sabu being in, I'm so happy!

Seems like a decent line up but no WGTT or Cade and Murdoch what a crime oh well seems like should be a good game cant to play in on PS3. Though i hope this has a much better season mode as the last few have been boring but I know I will still get it. I'm glad Sabu is it as well as it be kick ass to play as him but I dunno I guess these rosters work

The average of CAW spots have been 30, I'll more than likely create all the missing stars.. but it pisses me off that some of the most "there" stars, especially Shelton Benjamin, aren't even in the damn game.

It was like last year's cruiserweight list.. or maybe the year before. How they had next to NO cruiserweights, yet I think Shawn Michaels & Ric Flair were on the list AS cruiserweights. lol (speaking of last yrs. cruiserweights, was anyone else extremely pissed that whenever you'd kick with Rey Mysterio, or any other, you'd only hurt yourself? Its one thing to put in a great size/weight disadvantage system, its another to go far enough to claim their kicks won't even effect anything.)

Just a quick rundown at who all I'd probably create: (W.W.E.)- Benjamin, Haas, Cade, Murdoch, London, Kendrick, Kevin Thorn, Big Daddy V, Rob Van Dam, Jericho, Benoit.. (T.N.A.)- Christian, Storm, Harris, Kurt Angle, Tomko, Styles, Dustin Rhodes, Bubba Ray, Devon.. (E.C.W.)- Taz, Shane Douglas, Bam Bam Bigelow, Mike Awesome, Raven... then the final spots & maybe a couple out of the above list maybe replaced for someone else.. especially depending on the available moves. I really hope Kevin Thorns moves are in, cause he has a great set of them, it'd be one thing to not add him, it'd be a complete other to not even put in his moves.

Well Sabu apparently has been moved to the Legends list. Not that it makes a big deal, but he did sign a Legends contract with the company which is how they got that gnarly figure made back in like 2004.

I am disappointed with this roster. Of course they created the tag team that recently got fired(Cryme Tyme) and did not create either of the Tag Team Champions(Rednecks and D&D). ONE tag team in the whole game?! You gotta be kidding me, but they probably made the damn Hardys a tag team and put the RAW tag belts on them since they were the last champs before the Rednecks. They really cut down the roster this year too, with 50 as oppose to 60-70 that they usually has, which tells me that they got rid of GM Mode because they hardly got enough superstars to do it. They did a good job getting the main eventers and mid carders in there though, even adding Kenny Dykstra in there which I would have thought been impossible since he was such an obselete superstar in the last year and a half. I might not get this SvR game because there are too many superstars left out and I never used the CAW mode since WWF No Mercy for the N64. If they makes the CAW mode more flexible where you don't have to hack to get all the good shit and your created wrestler turns out more authentic then I might consider getting this game.

I think the roster could be better, IMO!

The CW got screwed over and I believe there are only 3 of them! Come on, they need more then that!

The legends list was cut badly. No Eddie for PS3? I am suprised they'd do that! I am not in shock that Hogan didn't make it considering him and Vince don't really like each other.

The divas list is pretty lame as well. I am still pissed about the fact that Kelly frickin' Kelly made the game and Jillian didn't! Victoria stated awhile ago that she didn't want to be in such games so that's why she didn't make it! But at least Candice made it! :) Michelle McCool is another shock for me. She was inactive earlier this year and she still made it. It amazes me!

I find this to be one of the weakest rosters in years! There is only really one tag team in the game and they were released. I ahve also heard rumors that Batista and Rey would be tag champs! WTF?

I just realized someone deleted my thread/post about the actual whole roster? I don't get why, but okay.

Anyways.. I also just read someone mentioned that GM Mode will be left out. I knew they were doing a new Legend 24/7 mode that is suppose to be similar to that of Madden's Superstar mode.. (from what I've heard) but dammit, GM Mode was awesome. A little stupid at times though. (I had Triple H. v. Shawn Michaels running for 3 solid monthes, but they were getting beat out in the ratings by f'n Batista v. Chavo since every SD ran a damn gimmick main event between them.. & I wanted it to be more real.. so I ran tons of single's & tag team/no gimmick matches.. saving the gimmicks for the p.p.v.'s)

I also just read above that apparently there are only 3 cruiserweights in?! I'm so happy they'll screw over a Championship division. But are you counting correctly? Cause they'll probably have Dykstra, Mysterio, Chavo, Punk, Burke, Helms, & a couple others in the cruiserweight weight range.. just maybe not on the same show. And yeah, the Hardyz will most likely be one of the brand Tag Champs.. while Cryme Tyme may hold the other.

Finally.. Eddie Guerrero was probably taken out due to the steroid scandal. Granted it didn't really come up until just recently, but who knows.. they re-edited the game to take Benoit out.. so perhaps Guerrero & Benoit are both still in, just hidden by cheats? I'm still pissed they left Taz & Bam Bam Bigelow out.. & Shane McMahon.. sure, I didn't use him much.. but I used him more than Jim Neidhart, or Dusty Rhodes. (Its hard to run "storylines" & create your own show when you have the yester-year versions of Hogan, Rhodes & Piper. Granted.. it'd be funny as anything to see today's versions of them in the game.. I don't think they have enough cgi's or polygraphs, or whatever they are, to create all the wrinkles.)

There's some really cool videos on ign. It shows the Extreme Rules match. Looks pretty cool. Flaming tables, flaming barb wire bats. I've heard you can only play these in the ECW arena though which is a bit shit.

I just watched the IGN video of Batista vs Undertaker. Batista came out with the WWE tag team title belt on. It looks like Batista and Rey will be the tag team champions for Smackdown. When was the last time the held the tag belts together?

I'm considering passing on this game, I have bought every Smackdown title since the original but this game is looking like more of the same from last year. The roster is insanely outdated, no tag teams again, and the same animations including ones dating back to the original game for ps1 (ex. before Umaga does a hip drop he smacks his butt first because the used Rikishi's old animation). Flaming table and a few new characters won't justify $60.

Game companies are getting lazy, this game could not have taken a year to make. There's nothing really new here.

There's some really cool videos on ign. It shows the Extreme Rules match. Looks pretty cool. Flaming tables, flaming barb wire bats. I've heard you can only play these in the ECW arena though which is a bit shit.

I went back and searched for this. Yeah it sounds cool but you can only do it in an ECW extreme rules match.

There are also exclusive features for PS3 and 360. Sorry PS3 owners, you got screwed. PS3 gets a first person view of the entrances which you can controll where you want to look during your characters entrance. It sound like you can't control where they walk.

360 owners can add custom soundtracks and have any song you have on your xbox be your characters entrance music.

This article somewhat got me more interested but the videos are not promising as it looks like the feel of the game has not changed. The collision detection still looks horrible.

360 owners can add custom soundtracks and have any song you have on your xbox be your characters entrance music.

This sounds like W.W.F. Raw 2 for the xbox all over again. I loved creating entrances w/ actual music & having that in a SD v. Raw game would be great. I just hope they take a page outta the ps2 version of last years for the 360 & get rid of that damn crotch blur.

I'm not going to make nude caws, but it'd sure be nice to spell stuff on their tights again without wondering why Nunzio's tights read.. "F. #. I." Or the same with America's Most Wanted. "A. #. W." I can't stand that, & its ******ed that they block that anyways.. if some little 14-16 yr. old teen wants to make a naked diva, or male wrestler for that matter.. let him.. the game already offers violence with flaming bats, I think they've pushed the barrier for "holding back."

This sounds like W.W.F. Raw 2 for the xbox all over again. I loved creating entrances w/ actual music & having that in a SD v. Raw game would be great. I just hope they take a page outta the ps2 version of last years for the 360 & get rid of that damn crotch blur.

I'm not going to make nude caws, but it'd sure be nice to spell stuff on their tights again without wondering why Nunzio's tights read.. "F. #. I." Or the same with America's Most Wanted. "A. #. W." I can't stand that, & its ******ed that they block that anyways.. if some little 14-16 yr. old teen wants to make a naked diva, or male wrestler for that matter.. let him.. the game already offers violence with flaming bats, I think they've pushed the barrier for "holding back."

Raw 2 and Wrestlemania 23 were the only games you could do this for, but they were god awful. You're right about this features importance though. The only reason I don't create current superstars not in the game is that it bugs the crap out of me that their music is different. That will no longer be a problem. Whats your take on the animations Will, this is a big deal I have with the game.

Well, the new (up-coming) SD v. Raw game.. the animations that I've seen are kinda botchy. The con-chair-to is weird looking, & I haven't seen a lot of their redone moves-animations.

I read that you said Umaga has Rikishi's old "ass slap" drop thing. That type of stuff pisses me off faster than anything too. Its similar to Orton's R.K.O., its unbelieveably awful & I hope its been recreated. It seems the only finisher they recreate every year is the pedigree.. & the one where he plants them face first & they stay that way, is the best. (in my opinion)

Also, I want a solid Superkick, without the dancing behind it. I love the H.B.K. from the corner, Superkick.. but I hate that he dances afterward. I want him to connect with the kick, then either stop all together, or do a fall on top of the opponent & go into a cover. Same with Edge's spear. Don't do that damn cheer/pointing thing at the end.

One last thing, do we truly need 20 different suplexes, ddts, & clotheslines?

Well, the new (up-coming) SD v. Raw game.. the animations that I've seen are kinda botchy. The con-chair-to is weird looking, & I haven't seen a lot of their redone moves-animations.

I read that you said Umaga has Rikishi's old "ass slap" drop thing. That type of stuff pisses me off faster than anything too. Its similar to Orton's R.K.O., its unbelieveably awful & I hope its been recreated. It seems the only finisher they recreate every year is the pedigree.. & the one where he plants them face first & they stay that way, is the best. (in my opinion)

Also, I want a solid Superkick, without the dancing behind it. I love the H.B.K. from the corner, Superkick.. but I hate that he dances afterward. I want him to connect with the kick, then either stop all together, or do a fall on top of the opponent & go into a cover. Same with Edge's spear. Don't do that damn cheer/pointing thing at the end.

One last thing, do we truly need 20 different suplexes, ddts, & clotheslines?

I thought it was cool at first because you could give your created wrestlers different style and feeling to them because there suplexes and clothslines looked different. But now I wouldn't mind them reducing that number to make room for other moves that have not been featured (Stevie Richards face buster). They should be ashamed that all the finishers remain the same, at least redo the big one i.e RKO, Sweet Chin Music, Tombstone, the FU.

Another thing is how they won't add too many new wrestling moves in. Yet they'll keep moves like "Judgment Slam" in, & I've never seen anyone use that before.

If they aren't going to add T.N.A. style moves, or upgrade the current ones, especially the crappy Styles' Clash they have.. then why bother with stupid looking moves. Don't get me wrong, I like the "Judgment Slam," but I'd rather have moves in that I've seen people use before.. & noone, to my knowledge, has ever used that move in W.W.E. at least Crash Holly used the Styles' Clash.. can't remember what he called it though, I think "Crash Landing."

I also want them to add "Create-A-PPV" but more than just what they have. Remember the Warzone game for Playstation?! You could put banners & lights, & a lot of different things.

You'd think with the updated tech work, you'd be able to create a p.p.v. thats 100% original. Throw in some fake looking designs, & give a huge list of possible p.p.v. names, similar to how they throw in stupid "nickname announcements." (how many people have called their guy "The Unstoppable Force?")

I never thought about that (apparently they haven't either). The create a PPV for Attitude was awesome. You chose the banners, lights, and rope colors; basically creating your whole arena. If they added a logo creater that would be perfect.

You could use the custom soundtrack to even give your PPV a theme. The current creat a PPV is lame. You basically pick a series of matches you want to play in a certain order and in a certain venue.

Eww, buying that 360 over the PS3 just looks a little better for me. Besides Halo coming out, now I can add real theme music to the wrestlers, that is bad ass. Now the question is going to be, how many people can you have for create a wrestler.

I think people dont appreciate how good attitude was. I had a mega memory card, which I created about 230 wrestlers with, ya, I had no time. But the cool thing was is youc ould go from page to page, and the ps would load that character off of one page, while you switched to another, it was great. Plust the create a pay per view, surprise, you actually got to create the whole look and feel for it.

Still, this game looks pretty sweet, and I usually buy it once every 3 or four years, so Im due.

Eww, buying that 360 over the PS3 just looks a little better for me. Besides Halo coming out, now I can add real theme music to the wrestlers, that is bad ass. Now the question is going to be, how many people can you have for create a wrestler.

I think people dont appreciate how good attitude was. I had a mega memory card, which I created about 230 wrestlers with, ya, I had no time. But the cool thing was is youc ould go from page to page, and the ps would load that character off of one page, while you switched to another, it was great. Plust the create a pay per view, surprise, you actually got to create the whole look and feel for it.

Still, this game looks pretty sweet, and I usually buy it once every 3 or four years, so Im due.

If you only but it every 3-4 years you may not notice the repeating animations as much so it will be worth it. The only reason I complain is because certain animations are the same from the original and I expected a change 8 years later.

You could use the custom soundtrack to even give your PPV a theme. The current creat a PPV is lame. You basically pick a series of matches you want to play in a certain order and in a certain venue.

I already have next to no life when playing this franchise game.. if they added custom music & custom p.p.v.'s.. I'd live in the game. I buy the ps2 version because its been what I've lived for.. I rented the 360 version a few monthes back & it just wasn't the same. Especially because its sole purpose is playing people online.. & I don't know about the ps2 side of that, but the 360 side won't allow any CAWs with tattoos, which 98% of any CAW will have tattoo/designs, so whats the point?!

Anyways, ever since SD 2, when the franchise mode was the very best.. it went on forever.. anyways, I've created p.p.v.'s since. I've never gotten past a full year of p.p.v.'s though, as I do 4 Raw & Smackdown shows before each p.p.v... yes, I'm a geek, but I have a huge imagination, so it works for me.

if you can make your caws with music from your 360
and you can create a move im going to buy a 360 only to play this game!!!!

if you can make your caws with music from your 360
and you can create a move im going to buy a 360 only to play this game!!!!

I was just gonna ask about that before you mentioned it, but whats the news on actually vreating a move of some sort? I'd love to make my own finisher, because I almost never use an actual wrestler, it's CAWS all the way for me. For that reason, I'm hoping they do somthing about the designs you can put on the charecters. My CAw usally wears tights like Shelton and Carlito, but you can't put any designs there. You can put the either right above or below it, but there is dead space right ythere, it's so annoying! Fix This, it's more important than removing benoit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back