The [Official] Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 Thread

as far as i havr read, that is one area they havn't commented on, so they either haven't made any imporvements and its still going to be quite poor, or they are saving it till last as they mave made a massive improvement

With 360 technology they should do major improvement on the CAW, Because SDvsRAW CAW wasn't too good.

your spot on there. I am just gettin excited cos I read somewhere (might have bin in this thread) that there is a chance of u bin able t hook up t Xbox live an update the roster every now n again

Damn that's greats.. I heard that somewhere to I also heard that they also revamp the general manger mode.

Taken from Wikipedia

The season mode and general manager mode from the previous games now have been merged to form the WWE 24/7 mode. Instead of the player fighting their way through the ranks of the WWE to win a world title at WrestleMania, the main quest is for the player to become a WWE legend and ultimately be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame by completing a list of objectives. Depending on how established the player's wrestler is, the difficulty and amount of time it takes to become a Legend will vary

that is it, so now season mode could b well long depending on how gd u are an who u start wi

yup, could last even longer if u av t wrestle on all shows when ur new.

say ur a CAW and you have t wrestle on Raw, ECW and SD to get better, how sweet would that be

yea man. I honest to god, dnt know why WWE/TNA creative don't search through these types of forums, and why game developers dnt do same thing. there product would b shit hot

Well it looks like I'm going to pre-order this bad boy next month. I'm a little tired of SVR 2007. So which wrestler are you guys going to use for the season mode first?

I will be using Kennedy.....Kennedy.

Just take a look at this little video from the official website, click on media and watch:

http://www.smackdownvsraw.com/

It doesn't show you a lot but it still gets the lips licking. The only ECW star in the video is Sandman but it shows that you can set tables on fire which will be interesting to play.

I think it will be very good with the more interactive features you have access to, but will you be able to set it alight, or will it just be a video feature?

the game sounds awesome! i cant wait to see the new features and i hope 24/7 will be good and very long. whats still bugging me and i may sound stupid...but its the wrestlers' bodies. i mean the graphics are awesome.. but come on! ric flair with abs and pecs looks a little irealistic! they need to look and draw every wreslter's body the way they really are! and the other thing IMO that they should improve is when we raise our arms, we cannot see our muscles, are pecs! take randy orton for exemple. when he performs his trademark, it doesn't look that good because you still see his pecs! i hope that everybody understands what i mean??.. so for me, on the graphic side, they should consider improving the wrestler's body and make them look more realistic. i mean the only superstar on svr07 who doesnt have abs are henry, show and viscera! maybe there is more but anyway i hope you get my point! an other thing that they haven't improve yet is the hair! they still have difficulties improving that point cause we still get bogs. for me the faces are incredibly well done! but they need to check on the bodies and make them look more realistic. and for the question that was asked earlier, ill definitly be playing as Randy Orton!:) still hope they improved his RKO... he doesnt jump that far!

depending on who you start with and how good you are will depend on the length of this 24/7 feature. because u have to get to legend status, which if you start with a CAW, then it will be very long, because you will be unknown, but been randy otron, trips, hbk, taker etc then it won't be as long because they are so high up on the status. But I am very excited and I will be pre-ordering it soon enough

Honestly I'm a freaking ****E for these games, I'm going to be quad dipping sadly =(

Ps3 version at midnight day of release via Meijer and play until other stores open...unless there's a Collectors Edition version of PS3 copy at some sort of store then I'll get PSP version at midnight.

Last year Gamestop had exclusive collectors edition, best buy had a calendar, and FYE gave you survivor series 2005 or 2006 with purchase. I ended up getting psp version at FYE and the GS CE for 360.

So this year I'll hit up the stores and if best buy or gamestop has exclusives/crap given away picking up a copy there. Other wise other then midnight ps3 version getting all 3 other versions at FYE since i get 10% off with their card.

Ps3 version- Some of my friends own a Ps3 so I'd love play against them.

PsP version- Do I have to explain? 06 was terrible, but 07 they fixed load times quite a bit and was a fun game for when I wasn't at home, I expect 08 to be even better obviously.

360 version- Same as Ps3 with some friends owning it and not a ps3, along with custom music *GIVE IT TO ME SONY* and achievements= most played version most likely.

Wii version- Unless it BOMBS in the reviews I'm interested in the arcadey somewhat simulate the moves/taunts to do them version.

This game is going to take a MAJOR chunk out of my wallet =( It's all good, love wrestling and there's been shit for games out as of late so haven't bought anything recently.

Sorry for long post :D I'm freaking pumped, this is my most wanted game this year.

Alex~Vab

More Images:

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2008-20070814081622460_thumb_ign.jpg

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2008-20070814081621101_thumb_ign.jpg

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2008-20070814081619789_thumb_ign.jpg

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2008-20070814081618476_thumb_ign.jpg

I knew Punk would be in the game. But I'm glad they've added Burke as well. I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd been left out.

The Sandman has also got his proper entrance. It looks pretty cool. And I think Rey comes out with that stupid head gear he wore at W.M. 22.

Anyone know what the other versions might have that the PS2 version doesn't? And the graphics look amazing. If they have backstage brawls in this game.....hopefully they'll make you win them by pinning your opponent. I was so irritated on the 07 one cause I did a vertebreaker with super crazy and wanted to do a backflip from the cherrypicker but the opponent got K.O'd by the vertebreaker which made the match less fun. If anyone has word on that problem please please post it.

those are awesome especially sandmans its even cooler in real life especially when he right in front of you. this looks to be a great game defenitely getting it right when it comes out

The following is from wikipedia so itmay or may not be 100% true:

Anounced roster

The following characters were confirmed to appear in at least one version of the game by IGN, Nintendo, and other sources. The day before WrestleMania 23, Nintendo published an article confirming that Chris Benoit was to appear in the game as a Superstar. However, due to the circumstances surrounding his and his family's deaths in June 2007 and the WWE's pulling of his merchandise and appearances within videos, he has been removed entirely from the game.

Superstars
Divas
Referees

Commentators

Announced match types

The following match types have been announced or seen in screenshots:

Playable Arenas

Televised Shows
Pay-Per-View
Announced soundtrack

sounds like a really good game so far, but too bad that Sabu was released, I reallly wanted to play as him without having to create him. Also with the limited roster space and the inclusion of ECW now, we could be having less of everybody being on the rosters including legends. I hope they somehow, find a way to include most wrestlers people want to play as, and not wrestlers like Snitsky, or The Miz, or even the cruiserweights nobody cares about (Shannon Moore, Funaki, Nunzio,etc.) Lets also hope for new match types and CAW improvements too. Ill be getting this the day it comes out, so I cant wait till what else is announced for the game as Im pumped for it!

well ign.com just realeased the whole roster and its garbage. no worlds greatest tag team,cade and murdoch,kendrick and london. and the legends are old news. only 43 playable superstars and a few legends.its crap

Current Superstars:

Ashley
Johnny Nitro
Ric Flair
Batista
JTG
Sabu
Bobby Lashley
Kane
Sandman
Booker T
Kelly Kelly
SHAD
Candice Michelle
Ken Kennedy
Shawn Michaels
Carlito Kenny Dykstra
Snitsky
Chavo Guerrero
Marcus Cor Von
The Great Khali
Chris Masters
Mark Henry
Tommy Dreamer
CM Punk
Matt Hardy
Torrie Wilson
Edge
Melina
Triple H
Elijah Burke
Michelle McCool
Umaga
Finlay
Mickie James
Undertaker
Gregory Helms
MVP
William Regal
Jeff Hardy
Randy Orton
John Cena
Rey Mysterio

Non Playable:

Armando Alejandro Estrada
Lillian Garcia
Stephanie McMahon
JBL rocking a suit
Maria
Tazz
Jerry Lawler
Michael Cole
Theodore Long
Jim Ross
Mickie Henson
Tony Chimmel
Joey Styles
Mike Chioda
Triple H rocking a suit
Jonathan Coachman
Nick Patrick
Vince McMahon in a suit
Justin Roberts
Shane McMahon in a suit

Legends:

Bret Hart
Roddy Piper
The Rock
Mick Foley
Steve Austin
Rick Rude
Terry Funk

It's not a bad roster. There's all the main stars. Yeah it would be better with a few tag teams. But you have ECW to blame for that. I'm glad Sabu is still included. But where's RVD?

I wish Vince & Shane were playable.

The legends are great. The only one that's missing is Hogan. Rick Rude I cant wait to see. There's no need for loads of legends. Personally I'd be happier with a more expansive WWE roster.

Every year I buy the Smackdown Franchise game for the PS2. I own an Xbox 360, but have always liked the SD! series on the PS2 & I tried last years (only) 360 version.. I didn't like it.

This year, I'm excited that its going to have a big 24/7 Legend type season mode. Especially for CAWs, to go on almost forever. I'm also excited for the fact that it'll have several different chair attacks.. such as Sabu's various ones, & the con-chair-to. (I also think I seen the neck breaking one too)

I've seen rumors everywhere of "create-a-move" & I'm excited to see what exactly that'll be about, but I somehow doubt it'll be what people are building it as. If it is, I'm definately making some T.N.A. moves.. W.W.E. really needs to branch out & put some in. (especially a better looking Style's Clash & the Canadian Destroyer. Also, the Angel's Wings would be awesome in too)

The only thing that pisses me off personally, is that they took Chris Benoit out. Yeah, I know why.. but still. And I can't for the life of me understand why Sabu has been left in, yet R.V.D. isn't. Furthermore, its more than a little odd that Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Thorn, & Cade/Murdoch didn't make the cut..

I don't use the Legends much, but when I do create my own storylines & all that.. I normally use Roddy Piper, Mick Foley, Steve Austin & The Rock. I'm excited for Rick Rude & Terry Funk.. (especially if Sabu is in) but it pisses me off that they took out Taz. (as a playable character)

Also, one last thing to add. Each year, they always add like 8 or so Divas.. & how many guys who play this game, actually use them anyways? Especially divas like Kelly Kelly & Ashley.

Create-a-move would be awesome. That way you could justify a Low Ki CAW. I'd love to be able to add in all his different kicks. It'd be useful for an Alex Shelley or Nigel McGuinness CAW too.

Hot damn, I'm Mrs. Sam!!

Edit - A Dynamite Kid Legend addition would be welcome.

I doubt they'll add Tom Billington as a legend. When average fans think of the British Bulldogs. They think soley of Davey Boy Smith. And Chris Benoit aped his styles, which makes it even more unlikley that he'll ever be in a WWE game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back