The Official LOLTNA Thread

I'd go as so far to say that their product from before BFG 09 til Jan 4th 2010 was the best TNA has ever been.

I remember when I loved TNA. The first TNA show I watched all the way through was Lockdown '07 (I believe) which was pretty fucking awesome from start to finish. But now... ugh.

I'd go as so far to say that their product from before BFG 09 til Jan 4th 2010 was the best TNA has ever been.

Fuck yeah don't forget that period either, that was primarily why I was so excited for TNA in 2010 initially with Hogan and Bischoff coming in, because the product was already fucking awesome. I was a big TNA mark just a fuckin' year ago because they just let AJ be the golden boy and defend again Joe and Daniels in AWESOME matches at Turning Point and Final Resolution. Plus you had Nigel McGuinness debuting and having an awesome feud with Kurt Angle, Beer Money, MCMG and the British Invasion were rocking the tag team scene and the X-Division was still fun. Then I'd say somewhere around April of 2010, things just took a nosedive and never recovered. Come August and September I was in horror at what the product had become.

I bought BFG, Turning Point, and Final Resolution in 2009 because of how awesome they had become. I almost never buy PPVs.

I remember when I loved TNA. The first TNA show I watched all the way through was Lockdown '07 (I believe) which was pretty fucking awesome from start to finish. But now... ugh.

Lol Lockdown '07 was one of the first TNA PPVs I actually bought as well. Good show with an awesome Lethal Lockdown main event, probably my favorite Lockdown match of 'em all.

I didn't buy it. It was put on free TV in England. Granted it had a fuckload of ad breaks (none during matches though if I remember correctly). My enduring memory of it is Shelley and Sabin pretty much carrying the Xscape match. Made all the more awesome because I had no fucking clue about the MCMGs before that match.

The electric cage match was pretty shit though.

The electric cage match was pretty shit though.

It wasn't a particularly badly worked match, but the cheesy ass sound effects and fake electrocution spots were so embarrassingly cheesy and lame that it totally killed the match. Was pretty damn funny though.

It wasn't a particularly badly worked match, but the cheesy ass sound effects and fake electrocution spots were so embarrassingly cheesy and lame that it totally killed the match. Was pretty damn funny though.

Pity the same can't be said of the blindfold match. And to think, Harris' career would only go down from there.

No matter. TNA was superior up until 2010 began. Amazing how one year could destroy an entire company that spent 8 years building itself in such a superior manner. They were rising faster than my junk at an Eva Angelina festival.

I've always compared TNA's drop in quality is when you compare Slammiversary 2009 to Slammiversary 2010. Hell comparing the X-Division matches speak for themselves.

I don't know what people saw in 2007 TNA. At least from the spring on. But I thought it sucked. The electrified cage, the deathbed, the fish market street fight, Lethal/Dutt, Samoa Joe losing momentum, Christian in the background. I found it worse than last year.

I don't know what people saw in 2007 TNA. At least from the spring on. But I thought it sucked. The electrified cage, the deathbed, the fish market street fight, Lethal/Dutt, Samoa Joe losing momentum, Christian in the background. I found it worse than last year.

The wrestling quality was still LEAGUES above what it was in 2010 and 2011 so far.

Lethan/Dutt wasn't as annoying as Jay Lethal being called the "Black Macheesemo" THAT IS NOT HOW MACHISMO IS PRONOUNCED, YOU DUMB FUCKS!

Lethan/Dutt wasn't as annoying as Jay Lethal being called the "Black Macheesemo" THAT IS NOT HOW MACHISMO IS PRONOUNCED, YOU DUMB FUCKS!

What?! Black Machismo was fucking awesome. Everybody loved that gimmick when it started. It just became insanely stale after awhile.

And yeah, Dutt-Lethal angle-wise was bad, but they had good matches together.

What?! Black Machismo was fucking awesome. Everybody loved that gimmick when it started. It just became insanely stale after awhile.

I have no problem with the gimmick itself. I just hated the way that they pronounced Machismo (ma-kiz-mo not ma-cheese-mo) that annoyed me about it.

And yeah, Dutt-Lethal angle-wise was bad, but they had good matches together.

There have been worse rediculous/awful angles in TNA without that upside.

I fucking hated Shark Boy at first when he was doing the Austin parody. Then I learned to lighten up and have a sense of humor and I fucking love Shark Boy. Shell yeah.

I fucking hated Shark Boy at first when he was doing the Austin parody. Then I learned to lighten up and have a sense of humor and I fucking love Shark Boy. Shell yeah.

I thought it was hilarious. And it was something different. And you can't forget...

HE'S HOT!

HE'S SPICY!

HE TASTES GREAT!

HE'S....CURRY MAN! KONNICHIWA!

[YOUTUBE]Qeo8qd0VkxY[/YOUTUBE]

Curry Man was/is awesome, but I love wacky comedy wrestling like that, Curry Man is a character straight out of Japanese comedy wrestling. I'd love to see Daniels work as Curry Man on a tour over in Japan for some companies like DDT and Osaka Pro, that would be rad-tastic.

And on the other end of the spectrum were Black Reign and Rellik. Killer backwards. Glad PJB outlasted them.

Not going through the entire show, not worth it. But if we're looking for the LOL moment of the evening, look no further than the T.V. Title match. If it can get any worse than that, I'll die of shock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back