• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Official] TNA TV Shows Aftermath, Review & Ratings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it just me or did Taz's promo for Impact come off as pointless? They try to have this shocking reveal during the horrible wedding segment on last week's Impact, and then they follow it up by having Taz come out with Aces & Eights and give no reason for joining them that makes any real sense. And Taz as the group's mouth piece is not a great choice.. considering he's not good on the mic!

And then they drop the ball even further by giving Christopher Daniels a title shot and making him lose! Jeff Hardy can't go on the UK Tour, the Road to Lockdown tour, because of his felony charges and him not being allowed overseas... so they keep the title on him!? So the entire tour doesn't have their World champion to promote it? And UK fans, which is where TNA is actually biggest, get a middle finger as a reward for their loyalty to the company? Great decision! This was the perfect time to have Hardy fake an injury, while having him lose the title to a transitional champion like Christopher Daniels, who could have then gone on to wrestle and promote the tour in the UK... and instead they make Daniels lose and keep the title on Hardy. They could've even used this whole thing to build up to a rematch for Lockdown and have Hardy come back from injury and reclaim his title. TNA has no common sense, and Christopher Daniels totally deserves to be World champion, even if its just a short time.

Hell, they could've actually made the Aces & Eights storyline interesting and relevant again, while also doing something shocking and exciting, if they had planned a little better. They could've had the Aces & Eights cost Hardy the title, and then reveal the new Champion as the top star of the group. The group wouldn't be a useless, weak, ridiculous faction that has no credibility and is going absolutely nowhere.. instead they'd have the World championship and a credible leader (even if he's not THE leader, as that's the higher power). Christopher Daniels and Kaz could've both become members of Aces & Eights, giving it some much needed credibility and significance.

Or if they had planned better, and further along, they could've replaced Christopher Daniels with Mr. Anderson, never done this stupid storyline Anderson is in right now being alligned with the Aces & Eights, and then revealed him as a member by winning the title in the above fashion. Then HE'S relevant and important again, and he's also the face of the stable and the World champion. Certainly Anderson can talk, so he'd be far better in that role then Devon or Taz.. instead of just lurking around in the group needlessly.

As it stands, they need to just get this Aces & Eights angle over with already. Please.

To sum up: Impact was a let down this week.

I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree. I think Taz is good on the mic. he is a millions times better than Devon.
I like how Taz talked about his contract, saying nobody can touch him.
I'm going to wait and see more how he does on commentary, but I hope when on commentary he isn't going to talk Aces/Eights too much and take away from whatever match is going on.

if TNA felt that they needed a world champion for the UK shows, they would have had James Storm beat Christopher Daniels, and then have Storm beat Hardy. then they could have at least had a wrestler who has been main eventing lately as the champion. does the UK know who Christopher Daniels is? Daniels has been funny and entertaining, but has not been built up to the main event level.

lets wait and see what the crowd reaction is like for Hogan and Sting. still 2 of the top names in wrestling.

there are numerous stars in TNA who might not be champion now, but who have been champions before. Kurt Angle will main event next weeks show in a steel cage.

I did have a problem with the way the show ended last night, to write Hardy off for the month. ONE hammer shot to the back of his leg, and he didn't even sell it that good. he looked hurt worse in his recent ladder match. TNA should have had Aces/Eights beat down Hardy worse, so that there was no doubt it was enough to put him out of action for the next month.

here are the ratings for Thursdays show.
First Hour Break Down

Q1: Impact opened with a 0.96 rating for Taz explaining his heel turn after a replay of the end of last week's Impact. Included was one commercial. This was a big difference from a 1.16 Q1 rating last week.

Q2: Impact bumped up to a 1.08 rating for Tara vs. Velvet Sky in a Knockouts Title match, plus pre and post-match segments and one commercial.

Q3: Impact stayed the same at a 1.08 rating for various video packages leading to Joseph Park's in-ring promo. Included were two full commercial breaks.

Q4: Impact bumped up to a 1.18 rating for Zema Ion & Kenny King vs. RVD & Christian York in X Division action, one commercial, and Bully Ray and Brooke Hogan coming to the ring to address the wedding angle last week.

Second Hour Break Down

Q5: Impact jumped to a 1.36 rating for Bully & Brooke addressing the wedding angle, Sting joining the discussion, one commercial, and video packages on Jeff Hardy.

Q6: Impact's audience jumped down one-tenth to a 1.24 rating for Bobby Roode vs. Hernandez, one commercial, and a video package on Kurt Angle and Mr. Anderson.

Q7: Impact dipped to a second-hour-low 1.20 rating for Kurt Angle confronting Mr. Anderson, one commercial, an Aces & Eights video, and ring introductions for the TNA Title main event.

Q8: Impact increased slightly to a 1.22 rating for Hardy vs. Daniels in the main event, one commercial, and A&E attacking Hardy to close the show.

Why was Sting not on the tour to begin with?
No Sting had not been anounced for the tour, he was a replacement for Hardy.

It necessitates a title change because for FOUR weeks the champion of TNA, the top star of the company, the FACE of the promotion, the MOST important wrestler on the roster, is nowhere to be found. Is not going to be there, not going to be promoting the company or the next PPV, and not going to be wrestling for the loyal fans who paid to see a product that DEMANDS the champion of the f'cking company be present. That's what a champion is in that place for.

If you think it doesn't make a difference that the face of the company and the World champion is non-existent for the entire UK tour, then you're out of your mind.

It's a slap in the face to the UK fans because they've been loyal for YEARS, they've helped grow and expand the audience and TNA as a product overseas, even more then it's grown and expanded NATIONALLY, and instead of getting to see TNA's champion wrestle (or even be there in some capacity) they get nothing. If you don't think that's a big deal then you clearly know nothing about business and promoting a business.

They're not seeing one important, prominent member of the roster: The WORLD CHAMPION. The face of the damn company. It's not that difficult to grasp. Hogan and Sting don't wrestle, what are they good for in terms of giving the audience something they want to see on the tour, in the main event of the shows?

So you're saying that it's about the "champion" not being there, and as long as someone else is champ than this part of you rant is taken care of right?

or is it...

They're one in the same! Hardy himself is the CHAMPION. The champion, the face of your company, and the most important wrestler on the roster at this moment, is HARDY. You don't buy a ticket to a concert and then not be disappointed or outright insulted if the HEADLINER is suddenly not on the tour, but replaced by a famous name that no longer SINGS

Since when is the top star in your company a prop?
You can't have it both ways.

Hardy can't make the trip, so either way they are not seeing Hardy.

So which is it? The fans should be upset that aren't seeing Hardy? Or the fans should be upset because they're not seeing the championship belt?

If you want to make some case about Hardy not being there that is one thing, but just putting the belt on another roster member just because he IS going to be there changes nothing about the tour.

And as for the "promoting the company" bit, that is what Hulk and Sting are there for. No Hogan doesn't wrestle, but him just being in the building or doing a radio or TV interview about the tour is more effective promotion than Jeff Hardy could ever bring, with the title or not.

It's not like Jeff is the only star or world class wrestler the company has. Guys like Sting, Hogan, and Angle are much more relevant guys to sell the company to an overseas crowd.

You're giving the presence of a "current world champ" way too much credit for why people will or will not care.

As opposed to leaving Jeff Hardy non-existent for four weeks? Jeff Hardy is going to come back and what... main event Lockdown against the entire Aces & Eights stable? Against some credible opponent like Devon or Doc? Or are they just going to allow a stable angle to get the rub for four weeks and then hot shot a main event feud with him defending the title against someone else entirely, with half the build up they COULD have had?

A&8s will get theirs at Lockdown, but not against Hardy.

And they will have atleast six weeks of Impact back in the States before Lockdown, if that is "hotshotting" somebody better tell the WWE, because they only have 3-5 weeks between their PPVs, so all of their main events must be hot-shotted then.

Hot-shotting would be Daniels winning a match that was announced as a number one contender's match the day that it happened for no good reason other than to book an Impact title match for the hell of it, and then suddenly turning that match into an uneeded title change, completely confusing the main event picture.

I don't see how Daniels being World champion, even for a shorter reign then others, is "hot-potato-ing" the belt. Daniels is one of the best performers on the roster, has had one of the best years of anyone on the roster, is credible and deserving, and should only be seen as a name that adds to the history of the title. Him winning the title from Hardy, then being involved in a good build up to Lockdown and a rematch, and then Hardy even winning back the title in that rematch, does nothing to hurt the championship. I think you're confused about the term"hot-potato-ing".

The great thing about the longer build to Lockdown is that they could have taken the title off Hardy, considering he isn't able to do what he's suppose to do and BE the face of the company for a month, establish Daniels as a credible main eventer and champion.. build to a rematch between the two that the fans can anticipate and enjoy, while giving Daniels time to shine in the spotlight (being as good as he has been in the main event scene instead of in the mid-card scene)... and then have a PPV main event at Lockdown that actually makes sense, tells a story, and returns the title to Hardy in a way that helps the buy rate.

Why does Hardy need to stay as champ for now? What's he doing in the next MONTH that he NEEDS to be champion for? He's certainly not wrestling or promoting the Lockdown tour, is he?

And now you'd rather see a rematch that makes no sense, as Aries is involved with Roode and another angle right now and not Hardy at all. It's also a rematch that doesn't have any interesting storyline, and one we've already seen before...

First you say that my reasoning is flawed about how they are using the time between now and Lockdown, because a good match against an oponent that has already been built to main event status can't possibly be set-up in six weeks. Then you tell me that four weeks is enough time to turn Daniels from a mid-card tag team guy into a main eventer who can increase the buyrate of a PPV. You have a wierd perception of how timing works in wrestling.

Daniels being catapulted to the title, and hoping that holding the belt is enough to justify him as the top guy going into a major PPV to face Hardy, makes more sense to you than having six weeks to position either Aries or Roode as the guy that faces Hardy at Lockdown??

Roode and Aries are already established main-eventers now, Daniels(no matter how great we know he is) is not. Putting the belt on a guy who hasn't sniffed the title scene besides just recieving a random Impact title shot with miniscule build. And then having him inevitably drop it back to Hardy in two months or less is "hot-potato-ing" the title. Keeping Hardy champ and setting up a match against one of the two guys who had solid title reigns last year and who have been booked as Hardy's equal, is how you avoid playing Hot Potato.

You are right, TNA has given Aries and Roode something to do besides chase Hardy for now. That is because the tour is going to happen without Hardy and they need a prominent way to keep both relevant and in an important spot on TV. Neither is being removed from the title picture, in fact everything about their union revolves around where their placement is or should be in the title picture.

And just because we have seen Aries/Hardy doesn't mean its still not a better option for Lockdown than Daniels/Hardy. Aries as the other guy in the main event will draw more, and probably produce a better match.

They fit the mold as much as Devon does. Or Mr. Anderson. Or f'cking Taz, for that matter. And Daniels and Kaz actually could fit into the "revenge" idea of Aces & Eights, with some sort of reason to be against TNA and the people running the show like Hogan, especially the way Daniels has been neglected by TNA, and never been given what he deserves. Taz doesn't. Mr. Anderson doesn't. I think you're incredibly short sighted and your entire argument shows that.

Yeah Daniels and Kaz fit better because the group is made up of other TNA originals with a longstanding beef against the company. Guys who are cool comedic heels who love to dance and clown around, and are smallish highly skilled technicians who you would never in a million years expect to see in a biker gang.

Wait?? You mean it's actually exclusively made up of guys who made their names in other companies outside of TNA, all of whom are more big, rugged, angry, brawlers who somewhat fit the biker gang mold?

Daniels and Kaz fit right in. ;)

You see the things that you are talking about are on-the-fly crash booking maneuvers, the kinds of things that killed the world title and made for questionable television throughout most of 2011. TNA has been booking itself with a more longterm vision that has made much more sense for the last few months, even the A&8s thing which has been horribly drug out, is starting to heat back up in time for Lockdown, which was probably the extended goal that none of us were really seeing. Sometimes the biggest problem with the modern wrestling fan is impatience.

The bookers seem to know what they're doing longterm, your "wishful booking" seems to know what would make you happy for the next five minutes. They have a plan, you have an itch. But I'm the one being "shortsighted".

So which is it? The fans should be upset that aren't seeing Hardy? Or the fans should be upset because they're not seeing the championship belt?

Both are unfortunate but Hardy not being there is unavoidable BUT the championship didn't have to be. I think Hardy should've dropped it to Daniels. He could've gone on the tour then dropped it straight back to Hardy when they came back. Daniels gets his first world championship. UK gets to see the world champ and then once TNa are back all is well with Jefferson and he can carry on as usual.

However... is it possible TNA could be keeping the belt on Hardy intentionally so he does "30 days" without defending and therefore has to vacate the title? Hardy can lose the belt while still staying strong. I mean he is pretty much invincible, if Roode and Aries combined can't beat him who can?

Anyway last Impact was pretty bad IMO. Taz's promo was such a letdown I was expecting so much better after a fantastic reveal but Taz was crap on the mic and "If you touch me I own this company!" I hope that is not literal because if that actually happens that would be ridiculous

Not to mention he was dressed awfully. He didn't look like one of the gang he looked like a child(in terms of size) playing dress up as an A&8's biker. I get you want the orange undershirt there but a yellow shirt and those shity tracksuit bottoms? He didn't look like he fit in at all he should wear an outfit more consistent with the rest of the gang.

Both are unfortunate but Hardy not being there is unavoidable BUT the championship didn't have to be. I think Hardy should've dropped it to Daniels. He could've gone on the tour then dropped it straight back to Hardy when they came back. Daniels gets his first world championship. UK gets to see the world champ and then once TNa are back all is well with Jefferson and he can carry on as usual.

Please see the discussion in the last few posts on why that would have been a bad idea.

However props to SpecialFNK for pointing out that if they were going to execute a hasty title switch, Storm going over at Genesis and being the one to take the title to the UK as champion would have made much more sense than pretending Daniels is a believable main eventer right now, despite having no build into that spot.

However... is it possible TNA could be keeping the belt on Hardy intentionally so he does "30 days" without defending and therefore has to vacate the title? Hardy can lose the belt while still staying strong. I mean he is pretty much invincible, if Roode and Aries combined can't beat him who can?

I don't think there is any chance of seeing this happen since that would be like management "letting A&8s win". When an injury angle is set up to keep the champ from defending for unavoidable means then you never really see this old-school clause invoked. Just like we didn't see it used for Punk's title after he failed to defend at TLC because of surgery.

Also that would be pretty kayfabe hypocritical considering that ODB/EY haven't defended their pointless paper titles in what feels like decades.

Not to mention he was dressed awfully. He didn't look like one of the gang he looked like a child(in terms of size) playing dress up as an A&8's biker. I get you want the orange undershirt there but a yellow shirt and those shity tracksuit bottoms? He didn't look like he fit in at all he should wear an outfit more consistent with the rest of the gang.

Yes Taz's outfit was comically obsurd.

But I'm just not ever put-off by his height. He was the same height when I was there live watching him trash people in ECW back in the 90s. Back when he was release-overhead-tazplexing guys like Bam Bam Bigelow. So he may be a few feet shorter than the likes of Knox and Festus, but I still imagine that if this was the kayfabe world he would probably be able to make them cry and tap in seconds for not calling him sir.

No Sting had not been anounced for the tour, he was a replacement for Hardy.

That wasn't my question. Pay attention.

You can't have it both ways.

Hardy can't make the trip, so either way they are not seeing Hardy.

If you want to make some case about Hardy not being there that is one thing, but just putting the belt on another roster member just because he IS going to be there changes nothing about the tour.

What the hell are you talking about? I'm surprised you didn't confuse yourself. Jeff Hardy is the TNA World champion. The TNA World champion should be on a UK tour promoting and building towards the next PPV.. therefore if Jeff Hardy remains champion, as he did and is, he should be on that tour. I don't know why you're confused and trying to make some convoluted point that comes across as nonsense.

The fans should be upset they aren't seeing Jeff Hardy.. THE TNA WORLD CHAMPION.

And as for the "promoting the company" bit, that is what Hulk and Sting are there for. No Hogan doesn't wrestle, but him just being in the building or doing a radio or TV interview about the tour is more effective promotion than Jeff Hardy could ever bring, with the title or not.

What are you smoking? The fans buy tickets to the show to see the WRESTLING, not to see someone cut a promo or to see Hulk Hogan promoting the tour outside of the SHOW. They want to see the company's top star in the ring, in the main event, and they aren't getting that.

It's not like Jeff is the only star or world class wrestler the company has. Guys like Sting, Hogan, and Angle are much more relevant guys to sell the company to an overseas crowd.

You're clueless.

You're giving the presence of a "current world champ" way too much credit for why people will or will not care.

No I'm not. Not at all.

A&8s will get theirs at Lockdown, but not against Hardy.
Then why are they involved with Hardy!?

And they will have atleast six weeks of Impact back in the States before Lockdown, if that is "hotshotting" somebody better tell the WWE, because they only have 3-5 weeks between their PPVs, so all of their main events must be hot-shotted then.

This has nothing to do with the WWE, stop being one of "those" guys who can't have a TNA conversation without bringing up WWE.

Hot-shotting would be Daniels winning a match that was announced as a number one contender's match the day that it happened for no good reason other than to book an Impact title match for the hell of it, and then suddenly turning that match into an uneeded title change, completely confusing the main event picture.

That's not hot-shotting anything. They built up to that point in a logical way, hence how you just explained the build up to that point.

First you say that my reasoning is flawed about how they are using the time between now and Lockdown, because a good match against an oponent that has already been built to main event status can't possibly be set-up in six weeks. Then you tell me that four weeks is enough time to turn Daniels from a mid-card tag team guy into a main eventer who can increase the buyrate of a PPV. You have a wierd perception of how timing works in wrestling.

Daniels being catapulted to the title, and hoping that holding the belt is enough to justify him as the top guy going into a major PPV to face Hardy, makes more sense to you than having six weeks to position either Aries or Roode as the guy that faces Hardy at Lockdown??

Why have an extra month to build towards a PPV if you're not going to use it? :lmao:

Roode and Aries are already established main-eventers now, Daniels(no matter how great we know he is) is not. Putting the belt on a guy who hasn't sniffed the title scene besides just recieving a random Impact title shot with miniscule build. And then having him inevitably drop it back to Hardy in two months or less is "hot-potato-ing" the title. Keeping Hardy champ and setting up a match against one of the two guys who had solid title reigns last year and who have been booked as Hardy's equal, is how you avoid playing Hot Potato.

Totally not true. How did Aries become a main event star and credible champion to begin with? He was champion of a mid-card title and outshined the roster in doing so, then was given a championship match and beat the champion as an unproven main eventer. Then he proved himself as champion. Why would that have been any different then Daniels? Daniels is in the exact same position Aries was.

You are right, TNA has given Aries and Roode something to do besides chase Hardy for now. That is because the tour is going to happen without Hardy and they need a prominent way to keep both relevant and in an important spot on TV. Neither is being removed from the title picture, in fact everything about their union revolves around where their placement is or should be in the title picture.

And just because we have seen Aries/Hardy doesn't mean its still not a better option for Lockdown than Daniels/Hardy. Aries as the other guy in the main event will draw more, and probably produce a better match.

You have no proof that Aries will draw more or produce a better match then Daniels would with Hardy. Stop pretending your short sighted and illogical views are somehow fact. They're not.

Yeah Daniels and Kaz fit better because the group is made up of other TNA originals with a longstanding beef against the company. Guys who are cool comedic heels who love to dance and clown around, and are smallish highly skilled technicians who you would never in a million years expect to see in a biker gang.

What does size have to do with being in a biker gang? Since when has Taz, anywhere in the history of his career, been viewed in any way that would fit into a "biker gang". Daniels and Kaz are no different then Garrett Bischoff or Wes Briscoe in size. No one in Aces & Eights right now has any kind of "beef", let alone long standing beef, with the company, which is why the stable is such a failure.

Wait?? You mean it's actually exclusively made up of guys who made their names in other companies outside of TNA, all of whom are more big, rugged, angry, brawlers who somewhat fit the biker gang mold?

Wrong.

You see the things that you are talking about are on-the-fly crash booking maneuvers, the kinds of things that killed the world title and made for questionable television throughout most of 2011. TNA has been booking itself with a more longterm vision that has made much more sense for the last few months, even the A&8s thing which has been horribly drug out, is starting to heat back up in time for Lockdown, which was probably the extended goal that none of us were really seeing. Sometimes the biggest problem with the modern wrestling fan is impatience.

No, the biggest problem with the modern wrestling fan is short sightedness. You're showing you definitely have that. And there's nothing about the Aces & Eights thing that is heating back up in any way.

The bookers seem to know what they're doing longterm, your "wishful booking" seems to know what would make you happy for the next five minutes. They have a plan, you have an itch. But I'm the one being "shortsighted".

I'm not itchy at all. But yes, you are the one being "shortsighted".

Then why are they involved with Hardy!?
Because they needed a way to write him off tv for the duration that they would be airing England based Impacts. Because A&8s beatdowns on uppercarders is their modus operandi. Because it helps to make A&8s look strong by hurting the world champ. Everything about them attacking Hardy makes sense.

What doesn't make sense? Some undeserving member of A&8s being rewarded with a title shot because they did attack Hardy.

A&8s doesn't have great individual talent, and they have to supplement that through sneak attacks with hammers and/or group beatdowns. That is logical. It makes sense.

Hardy being to preoccupied with A&8s and focusing on them at Lockdown instead of the title or even worse feeling obligated to give an A&8s member a shot just to get his revenge would playing into A&8s hands- that would be dumb. Hardy recognizing that there are other members of the roster who have also suffered the same type of attacks that are capable of taking A&8s out without him while he defends against a worthy challenger at Lockdown is the more sensable approach to the situation. Hence why it will be booked as such.
That's not hot-shotting anything. They built up to that point in a logical way, hence how you just explained the build up to that point.

Making a match a number one contenders match the day of the PPV just to make it feel more relevant isn't very logical. But, ultimately its forgivable because it allowed them to set up an Impact main event that allowed Hardy to squeeze in a title defense before he misses some television. What would not be forgivable or logical? Turning that defense into a shock-tv title change.

Why have an extra month to build towards a PPV if you're not going to use it? :lmao:
But you see, they are going to use it. Apparently in your world Lockdown will only have one match. You saying that is basically you saying that the entire tour of the UK which will feature four weeks of Impact will have absolutely no bearing on the build to Lockdown. Guess what? It will. It will start to toward building all the stories that will produce all of the matches that will make up the Lockdown card.

Totally not true. How did Aries become a main event star and credible champion to begin with? He was champion of a mid-card title and outshined the roster in doing so, then was given a championship match and beat the champion as an unproven main eventer. Then he proved himself as champion. Why would that have been any different then Daniels? Daniels is in the exact same position Aries was.
Aries was an unbeatable singles champion who held his belt for record time and who gave up his title without losing it to pursue the world title. Daniels is a now former tag champion whose team lost the straps to multiple teams during their run. And can't even beat a team of Chavo and Hernandez who Aries and Roode are currently be booked to be far superior to. And other than one win against a down on his luck long time rival who he had consistenly been buried by, Daniels hasn't been able to pull off any clean singles wins, and has needed Kaz to help him get "W's". So no despite how entertaining, and even well booked, Daniels has been he has not been booked to look even a fraction as strong as Aries looked when he was boosted to main event level.

You have no proof that Aries will draw more or produce a better match then Daniels would with Hardy. Stop pretending your short sighted and illogical views are somehow fact. They're not.

Two of the four highest buyrate PPVs that TNA put on last year featured Aries in the main event. That is my proof that he draws.

He was featured in all four of the most highly praised and well recieved world title matches that TNA had last year. He had two one-on-one matches with Hardy for the belt that were consensus 4.25-4.5 star matches. He was just in another world title match with Hardy at Genesis that is so far the match of the year in TNA in the early going of 2013, and was atleast a four star match in its own right. That is my proof that he produces the best matches, especially against Hardy.

And there's nothing about the Aces & Eights thing that is heating back up in any way.
The much hyped 1/3/13 show was hyped as Sting getting his revenge on Aces and Eights. That episode drew the biggest rating in six months. Aces and Eights were involved in the highest rated segment the show had put on in nearly a year two episodes ago. That week drew an even higher rating. The follow-up episode drew an even bigger overall rating from people who tuned back in the next week to follow the aftermath of how Bully and the Hogan's responded to Aces and Eight's attack.

So you may not think that there is rekindled interest in the A&8s storyline, but viewership proves otherwise.

That seems to be one big difference in alot of this little routine we're having. I'm bringing some figures and examples. Actual substance. You're telling us what you think.

But yes, you are the one being "shortsighted".
Please explain how, because you have yet to do that.

I felt the most fun thing about last night's first episode from the UK tour was the way the talent seemed to just be "eating-up" the atmosphere provided by the large vocal crowd. Everyone really seemed to turn it up a notch on the energy level and deliver on the mic in a more dynamic way. Especially the more comedic heels- Kaz, Daniels, Aries, Roode, and even Robbie E appeared to get off on the crowd, delivering their shtick in an even more exagerated manner.

It makes me wonder also if the talent was aware at the time of taping these shows about the impending move to take Impact on the road, and were trying to really play-off the boisterous Manchester crowd to help get a jumpstart on preparing themselves for the transition to regularly performing the television show in front of the larger more organic wrestling crowds that they don't get to play to in the Impact Zone.

The main knock that I have with bringing these UK tour events to television is that the cost-prohibitive nature of traveling overseas prevents them from being able to bring a traditional stage set-up, eliminating an entrance screen and essentially eliminating entrances in general. Though, they do a good job with the camera configuration of drawing your attention away from that, never really allowing you to view the wrestlers emerge from backstage. I do prefer that in light of this, they went ahead and used the extended ramp that leads directly to the ring apron, something they didn't use on last year's tour.

TNA Impact Wrestling review 31/01 TNA arrives at the UK (I know this is last weeks but I haven't seen the recent episode as I live in the UK, and just thought that I should review this episode).

So TNA started off their first UK show off in Manchester, and the crowd was great. I just feel for the elderly in the crowd. This is why travelling is so immense, you go to arenas with people who have been waiting for a lifetime, to see their favorite wrestlers do what they do best. Whereas travelling to the new places, gets stale as the crowd are basically seeing something over and over again, and the hype for attending feels; natural.

Devon vs Magnus

Well this match was clearly booked, to get Magnus to avenge his injury, and to get the crowd buzzing for the rest of the night, as Magnus is from England. Devon did an amazing job as the heel as always, and Magnus really showed off his skill tonight, he performed many new moves I haven't seen before and looked "hungry". He dominated inside the square circle and for a large man, he is extremely agile; in a few years, he can be the response to WWE's Sheamus. He's only 26 and the crowd loves him, he's got a look of a superior superstar, his physique is astonishing, plus he's a tremendous in-ring contender.
Then there's his mic skills, not that there's anything incorrect with them; he gets the crowd to roar, and he gets me to listen to him, but the man can't decide if his accent is British, or American. Obviously it's because he lives in the States now, but he really needs to sort it out, it's what puts him down, and what makes him sound ridiculous.
Later on in the match, DOC and Knox (who hasn't even got an official name yet for whatever reason) attacked Magnus, making him win via disqualification. Magnus then single-handedly, took all three men out, again, making him look dominant, and also a huge star, in front of his home country. If only Magnus threw on more matches like this.
Overall grade: B

Austin Aries vs Chavo Guerrero

This was a match to decide the number one contenders for the tag-team titles, and the match was terrific. The opening promo was entertaining, but Chavo then came out and used his simple words, simple sentences and same Mexican lines he always does. On to the match, it was somewhat different to the promo. It was really fast paced which made me enjoy it and the crowd made the atmosphere, more pleasant. One thing I would like to note is, Chavo is doing a good job reviving Eddie, but he's using his signature moves too often. He needs to make himself more original, and ue his old Gory-bomb. I'm not saying he should scrap the 3 amigos and frog-splash completely, but use them less often. Anyhow, as predictable as this match was, it was still entertaining and got me hyped for the week after (which I have not yet seen). I know that these guys aren't in the X-division, but to matches on like that is terrific, that's one of the main aspects, that made this enjoyable. There's great chemistry between these two performers, they both have so much in common inside that ring, especially the fact that their both high-flying technical's.
Overall grade: B

Velvet Sky and James Storm vs The Hollywood Couple

As arbitrary as this was, we still had a James Storm involved. When Velvet Sky needed a male tag partner, as opposed to Jesse, she called out one of the most charismatic men in TNA; The "Cowboy" James Storm. The crowd tore the roof off of the Manchester when his music hit, that's why he was a great choice, he even made Jesse look good, so to help put him over, he did a fantastic job. I didn't see the Velvet and Tara do much, but I see a big match between the Knockouts on the horizon. They've been feuding for a while, and Velvet is till after the title, so we can expect a match at this years Lockdown. I have seen people complaining about Storm, stating things like "James has fallen so far down the ladder", or "Storm has been getting buried this year", but I think this is building up to him, joining the Aces & 8's. We know a majority of the members now but they don't sound interesting, or dominant at all. Storm could change that for the group, the angle of him as an accused member could have just been a swerve. Most of the members have been complaining about not getting a push; the same thing is occurring to Storm right now. No matter how he loses, the general-manger Hulk Hogan doesn't act like a general manger, i.e: not taking any action as Storm gradually loses. Even after his win with Velvet, he left the ring quickly, with an aggravated look on his face. Just for the sake of argument, I discovered another sign, his jacket, resembles to an Aces & 8's jacket, with a white skull on the back, and the whole jacket with a black and white theme, in addition to most of the jackets features, appearing on the back. For those Hormone-crazed Romeo's out there, Velvet has gone back to her old look, where her hair is straightened, the over-use of make up has vanished, and her gear has gone back to being less modest (if you know what I mean).

Overall grade: C

Robbie E vs Joseph Park
This match here was predictable, and boring. Robbie showed off some slick moves but it was nothing too interesting. If anything, Joseph should have been facing Robbie T. The bigger Rob is from the UK, is gradually turning face and it could have portrayed Joseph, as a better face. Robbie E wanted that match desperately, but the crowd wanted Robbie T in the same emotion, due to his background. Joseph replying negatively to Robbie E would have played a good face, would have made the crowd happy, and it would have developed the fact that Robbie T seems to be turning on his companion.
Joseph made everything look good as he was debuting, but the match choice was awful.

Overall Grade: -C

Bully Ray and the Hogan's.
Bully came out with Sting, and begged Hogan to be reinstated so he can help take on the Aces & 8's, and eventually Hogan granted Bully his wish. One thing I never understood is, why should Hogan be saying he doesn't/didn't trust Bully, when he's the one that turned his back on the WCW fans, the WWE fans, and even the TNA fans, aligning himself with the nWo and Immortal? I see Bully Ray joining the Aces& 8's later on, him suddenly becoming a face doesn't make sense, as he was the number 1 heel in TNA, an his whole "I love you Brooke" doesn't suite him. He resembles one of the newest members we saw attacking Jeff Hardy with a hammer, which could be the way to bring him in; feuding with Hardy, and then getting the rest of the troops involved. Something TNA has to be careful with, is that if Bully does join the Aces and Eights, they better come up with an idea for not suspending him again. It could happen but the chances are very small, as such logical sanctions, never take place in storylines like this, which doesn't make sense. In any company that is, not only TNA. For instance, take a look at what Brock Lesnar did to Vince McMahon two weeks ago; Brock injured Vince, and he wasn't even fired! I know how its all story, but they need logical explanations, for not taking any suitable actions, on the companies employees. By the way, for a man that was suspended from TNA, Bully Ray sure did spend a lot of time showing up on Impact Wrestling's broadcast. Now the promo itself was boring, with Bully and his "you gotta trust me Hulk" lines, and then with Hogan showing up, stating the obvious and merely reinstating Ray. Was there even a need to suspend Bully in the first place?

Promo Grade: B-

Mr. Anderson vs Kurt Angle-Steel cage match
In a match that was much anticipated, and has built a legacy in TNA, this match really was what one will call great (for TV that is). Both of them put on an an amazing match, and stole the show. Though there wasn't many attempts to escape the cage, they sure did make this main event; feel that of PPV material. Of course, it wasn't as good as their first match, as that was actually a PPV match, but it was good enough for me. However, when I look back at they hype for this match, Mr. Anderson really had much time on the mic. He's one of the best and entertaining in his promos, from today's era, but the bookers haven't given him that time as of late. The match ended off with a great chain of events, and then a common Aces and Eights member scaled the cage. After Wes Brisco, who was in Kurt's corner locked the cage, one thing led to another. The Aces and Eights member who climbed in the steel cage, unmasked himself, turning out to be Garrett Bischoff. Angle then targeted Garrett, until Wes clipped the leg, of Kurt Angle, revealing himself as a member of the group. Brisco then untied his hair, exposing himself to be the member of the triad, with the long blonde hair, which we see every week. After taking their jackets off, both Garrett and Wes turned out uncovered themselves as Patches of the Aces and Eights, which means they're staying in TNA, however long the biker gang are in TNA.

Overall grade A-

In this review, anyone would get the impression that I was pleased with the show, which I wasn't. Now the Wrestling, that put on a fascinating show, but as far as storyline goes, it was lacked, heavily. The longest promo, was probably Hogan coming out, just to say he was going to reinstate Bully Ray. As well as that, all we learnt tonight is that Austin Aries and Bobby Roode are the new tag-team title contenders, and that there are two new members of the Aces and Eights, who a majority of people saw coming. I want to see what these men have to say for themselves, but I didn't want them to be involved in this. UK or not, I was bored watching this, the crowd was the only thing that kept me awake tonight while watching this, they don't also need to focus on impressing the audience, but also the viewers, in the US, it seems to be the other way round.

Impact Grade: B

they don't also need to focus on impressing the audience, but also the viewers

I do see where you're coming from on this, but...

This is part of a once a year tour with a very limited number of shows. The UK fans are one of TNA's most passionate and important fanbases. They have to make sure that they give the crowd a good amount of quality relevant wrestling. They don't get to see their favorite TNA stars live very often, they need to let the crowd leave feeling like it saw a good "wrestling show" not just a few hours of mostly storyline filler leading to a PPV that's an ocean away.

Considering they did get progression in the Roode/Aries duo and their quest for all of the gold, more seeds of Rob Terry's faceturn, the re-instatement of Bully which is a big part of a major storyline, plus maybe the last reveals of A&8s rank-and-file members, under the circumstances it seems fair to say that they did get a reasonable amount of storyline progression on the first episode. What they didn't get is many seeds that relate directly to the build for Lockdown, but it is likely those occurences will be a focal point of the London tapings.

I always like the shows in the UK. Last year they almost had a ppv feel to them as the crowd was so into the shows. This year they did progress the regular stories enough, and I think it is important to please the UK crowd as they only get a couple of TNA events per year. The UK got to see two new members of Aces and Eights, and Aries and Roode win tag gold. Not a bad deal for them or the fans watching on tv.

I always like the shows in the UK. Last year they almost had a ppv feel to them as the crowd was so into the shows. This year they did progress the regular stories enough, and I think it is important to please the UK crowd as they only get a couple of TNA events per year. The UK got to see two new members of Aces and Eights, and Aries and Roode win tag gold. Not a bad deal for them or the fans watching on tv.

still 2 more shows in the UK as well.
TNA taped 4 episodes in something like 4 days. they were back in the USA on January 27 (according to Dixie's twitter) which was even before the 1st UK show aired on TV.

Once again, the TNA put a great show. It could be better but I really liked it and Bobby Roode and Austin Aires are reallye ntertaining as always... Oh and by " could be better " , I mean get Brooke Hogan the fuck out of TNA, seriously, she sucks. You NEVER believe her, her acting is one of the worst ever, where is the intensity ? She just read a text...

I don't care about Velvet's title win. After another forgettable reign, she'll probably drop the belt to someone else in a matter of months, and Velvet's time as champ will come and go without any noticeable impact on the women's division. The announcement of Angle VS Brisco in the cage at Lockdown didn't excite me, but Lockdown has become Angle's home for the annual "OMG!" spot in the cage. And I'm DYING for Jeff Hardy to come back. The Hogans, Bully, and Aces & Eights drama is starting to drive me nuts, and hopefully Jeff's return will push this storyline into the background.

It was another enjoyable show from London, but I'm hoping for the Aces & Eights angle to reach the finish line in the coming months, and Garret Bischoff is still awful.

All this buisness I hear about Impact being so surperior "in ring" I sincerely cant remember the last time I saw a truly stand-out match. In months.

Still, the show has been at least watchable lately, which is far more than I could say for it a long time. Less Brooke and Hulk would be wonderous.Thanks for wasting my fucking time last week with those No.1 contender matches.

I really wish that Sting would go to WWE, since apparently he has the ability to work about a thousand more dates per year than Undertaker.

Nothing great, nothing too bad.

C

TNA Impact Wrestling
February 21, 2013
Wembley Arena
London, England

Opening Segment - I'm mixed on last night's opening segment. The positive, for me, was mostly Bully Ray. Even though I'm not wild about his babyface character, he continues to be highly entertaining on the mic. I was turned off by Ray & Hogan going down on each other throughout much of the segment. I just knew that Bully Ray was going to be named #1 contender for the TNA WHC, I just knew it. Not that it's a bad thing, it just made about 95% of what happened on last week's episode completely meaningless. Announcing Hogan for a match will probably guarantee that people will tune in for the novelty of him being involved in a wrestling match, though I honestly couldn't care less. Thumbs In The Middle

1. Chavo Guerrero, Hernandez, Cowboy James Storm & Joseph Park vs. Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, Christopher Daniels & Kazarian - An okay match I suppose, nothing all that good but nothing all that bad either. It was pretty paint by the numbers as it was obvious that the heels were going to have a clash of egos even before the match started. I know a lot of people are digging Joseph Park and the character does have its charm, but it's starting to get a bit stale for me. I also still can't get over the fact that Cowboy James Storm is now a member of mid-card Purgatory. Daniels & Kazarian no longer seem like a real force in the tag team picture, not with them jobbing out to everyone from Storm to Park. After the heels implode & the tag champs take off, it goes downhill for Daniels & Kazarian. Park winds up getting the win for his team via splash from the top a little past the 12 minute mark. **

2. Rockstar Spud vs. Robbie E - For the most part, this felt like an underwhelming Gut Check match. Given Spud's size, I was expecting some displays of speed & athleticism but, frankly, the guy didn't look all that impressive. The London crowd was eating it up but, then again, London crowds are especially hot and energetic. The match was probably a treat for the London crowd but it didn't do anything for me as a TV viewer. Rather than be something of a showcase for Spud, Spud was mostly a bit player as the focus of this match ultimately became Robbie E & Rob Terry splitting up. Robbie tries to take the clipboard from Terry, but Terry holds onto it. Spud comes up from behind with a roll up and gets the win around the 3 minute mark. *

3. Tara vs. Velvet Sky vs. Brooke Tessmacher vs. Gail Kim in a fourway Elimination Match for the TNA Knockouts Championship - Pretty decent match, the most entertaining of the show thus far. The action was decent but, frankly, the most I got out of it was four hot women in revealing outfits. I was surprised to see that Tara was the first one to be eliminated, meaning a new champ was guaranteed. Velvet Sky looked better than she usually does, as far as her in-ring ability goes, but she's still a little awkward in there. It comes down to Velvet & Gail Kim with Velvet scoring the win via In Yo' Face at the 8.5 minute mark to become the new TNA Knockouts Champion. **1/4

4. Samoa Joe vs. Garett Bischoff - Another match that, to me, just felt like it was simply there. Nothing good or bad, just there. Bischoff got in some offense, a little more than I figured, but I thought the pace of this match was brutally slow. Like Khali vs. Mark Henry slow. Joe eventually gains the upper hand until Wes Brisco runs out and attacks Joe, getting the DQ win for Joe at the 5 minute mark. They get the upper hand on Joe until Kurt Angle comes out for the save. Angle then gets on the mic and announces that he'll face Brisco at Lockdown inside the cage. *1/2

5. Rob Van Dam vs. Kenny King for the TNA X Division Championship - This match was okay but I'm tired of seeing it. I think TNA has had a couple of opportunities to advance Kenny King forward as both a character & presence within the X Division, but they've squandered them. This match with RVD was no different. RVD has slowed down tremendously over the past couple of years. He's no longer the near inhumanly agile innovator that he once was. It's understandable as he's well into his 40s now, but maybe that means he should try to adopt a somewhat different style. RVD gets the win at the 6.5 minute mark via the Five Star Frog Splash. *1/2

7. Sting & Bully Ray vs. Aces & Eights - I have a lot of mixed feelings about this match. On one hand, I have no problem personally with the fact that Hulk Hogan didn't actually participate. On the other, it sucks for people who may have tuned in with the hopes of seeing Hogan in the match. If the guy can't wrestle, don't put him in a match. The match itself was okay, you were kept wondering exactly when Aces & Eights were going to strike more than anything else. The heels work over Ray for a while until he makes the hot tag to Sting. Sting cleans house for a while, including getting a near fall via Scorpion Death Drop on DOC. As Sting & Ray had things in hand, the other members of Aces & Eights come out onto the stage holding Brooke Hogan and her old man, who had been beaten up. Ray runs from the ring to make the save, allowing the heels to gain the advantage over Sting. Aces & Eights overpower Sting to get the win at the 11.5 minute mark. As Ray is on the ramp tending to Hogan, the rest of the group piles into the ring and beats Sting down. **

Final Thoughts - For me, there was no real spark to last night's show. It was one of those shows in which everything was simply there. Ray being named #1 contender for Jeff Hardy at Lockdown should make for an interesting feud, even though it rendered last week's entire show as meaningless. Wrestling action on the show as a whole was pretty ho hum. The most entertaining match, to me, was the KO title match. Velvet scoring the win is the right call as she's easily the most over KO on the roster right now. The eight man tag match was pretty much a paint by the numbers match to give the crowd a feel good moment. The X Division Championship match was pretty meaningless. We're seeing RVD face a small number of guys for the title, as Austin Aries did, only RVD isn't nearly as entertaining as Aries. Rockstar Spud didn't impress me at all last night. His match came off, for the most part, like a Gut Check match. TNA has really done a shit job, overall, of generating positive first impressions of young talent they've signed. The main event finally saw Aces & Eights gain a win, though it was meaningless. Again, basically, it took the entire group working together to defeat two men. The only difference being that they took the Hogans hostage rather than jumping the ring & getting the other members disqualified. If the group had been portrayed as a significant force, last night's win would've been perfectly fine.

Grade: C-

With its first episode back in the states, and therefore first live episode since January, Impact drew over 1.49 Million viewers and pulled in a 1.14 rating. The number was a more than 10% increase over last week's.

Also of note: Impact registered a year high in the 18-49 year old male demographic, cracking the top-15 in that demographic for the first time in 2013.

These are very good signs for TNA with only one Impact left before not only Lockdown, but also the move out of the Impact Zone.

As a side note, this was also the best combined performance that Spike has gotten from its 4-hour TNA/Bellator block since debuting Bellator on the network. And that is despite the fact that this past week's Bellator card didn't feature King Mo or any prominent former UFC fighters that would help viewership. This has to be a very happy day in the Spike TV offices.

Awesome news. I was sure that once they would go back live, the ratings would be better and they are going to be incredible next week I'm sure.

- Last week before Lockdown

- We are going to know who is the VP of Ace's and Eight

- The story of AJ Styles will continue

The Aces & Eights angle needs to die. If you're going to drag out an invasion angle for THIS long, you need to give the audience some kind of satisfying payoff. D-Lo Fucking Brown is not a satisfying payoff, like at all. D-Lo's biggest claim to fame is being a member of the WWF roster during the Attitude Era, and he's remembered for ending a man's career.

The show as a whole felt like a dud, and this is one of the weakest go home shows I've seen from IW in a while. I still don't care about Mr. Anderson or Gail Kim, and the Sting/D-Von match was quick, but shitty at the same time. But Hardy VS Aries was a good opening match, and the Gut Check segment was full of drama. I know it's the Impact Zone, but that crowd was legit PISSED about Ivelisse's rejection. Besides being a tall and bulky woman, I honestly didn't see anything special in the other woman (don't care to know her name).

Wes Brisco is atrocious on the mic, and I'm not looking forward to the match with Angle. Well, maybe Angle's yearly death defying spot in the cage, but that's about it. The final promo between Hardy and Bully Ray made me roll my eyes. Performing ******io on each other must be a requirement for every TNA wrestler and authority figure (heel or face) during dueling promos, and it's kind of annoying most of the time. The big and predictable brawl at the end was expected, so it didn't bother me too much.

D+

Well, despite the almost universal opinion that TNA did itself no favors with its Lockdown go-home edition of Impact, the ratings didn't see any noticeable dropoff.

The show did a 1.13 rating with 1.425 million viewers, down only slightly from last week's 1.14 and 1.49 million, respectively.

Considering the combination of going on the road next week, plus the usually expected bump in viewership from fans who will tune in to discover the PPV fallout, next week would normally set-up well for a nice rating number. We'll see if that is indeed still the case following the questionable quality of last night's show.

Let's hope Lockdown delivers and renders much of last night's relative stagnancy irrelevant.

Sting vs. Aries, AJ Styles' return & Bully Ray were the highlights of last night's show in my opinion.

Aries seemed to bring out the best in Sting last night and had a far better match that I was expecting. Sting looked better here than he's looked in quite a long time. I honestly expected TNA to kind of feed Aries to Sting, but I'm glad they didn't go down that road. The way the match ended had to be what most expected before the bell start, though I thought it ended properly. Sting & Aries haven't had any interaction and neither one really needs a loss at this point.

Styles' return worked because is left more questions than answers. I know a lot of people love Bad Influence but I'm just kind of tired of them. I just hope that last night doesn't mean that TNA is going to pick back up with Styles vs. Daniels. I know it seems logical but I have no desire whatsoever to see this again.

Bully Ray did a good job on the mic last night and was able to successfully build a good amount of heat. While it's still too early to tell about Aces & Eights and if the group has reached a turning point for the better, the group as a whole didn't impress me. Right now, to me at least, it's looking like the group are going to be low level thugs doing Ray's bidding. Given the massive lack of star power in the group, I don't see that perception changing unless TNA's booking of the group as a whole is changed in a big way.

The rest of the show was just kind of there. I think if people were expecting a show of truly epic proportions, then last night didn't deliver. The show wasn't bad, but it didn't feel all that spectacular for TNA's first event out on the road permanently. In spite of that, however, I have a feeling that last night's show will turn out to be TNA's most watched of the year thus far.

LSN's Impact Hits and Misses 3/14/13

Impact Hits:​

Impact in Chicago: I don't think anyone is going to become nostalgic for the Impact Zone anytime soon. While there's an inherent fallacy in going live one week and taping the next weeks show right after, it's a minor complaint. The show looked big-time, and the switch to Taz, Tenay, and Keneley ringside rather then on top of the ramp also enhances the show. TNA feels far more legitimate now that they've left the Impact Zone.

Bully Ray Opening Promo: There were logic holes in it, for sure, such as why Bully allowed himself to be beaten down by members of his own gang for months on end, but that can easily be inferred that it was to gain Hulk Hogan's trust. And if the sacrifice of getting beaten down a few times was to become World Heavyweight Champion, then the beatdowns were certainly worth it, I'm guessing. Ray brings instant credibility to a group that had none, and I loved the line of "When you ride with Aces and Eights, you never walk alone." Great stuff from Bully, whose title reign got off to a great start last night.

Mickie James and Velvet vs Tara and Gail Kim: Ideally, these matches should be used to set-up a title feud for Velvet, rather then a Gail vs Taryn the referee, but the match quality was as good from women as Ive seen for some time that I can overlook it. This was the sharpest Velvet has ever seen in the ring, and Mickie is always a solid, so it was good to see her back. She seems the next logical challenger for Velvet, as Tara seems out of the picture, and Gail and Taryn's feud is just starting. It's a feud, especially if Mickie turns, that I could get into. **

Bad Influence mocks the Road Warriors: Kaz and Daniels continue to excel on the mic, and I'm hoping for a feud between them and Aries/Roode. I wasn't a fan of Daniels losing to Storm in under 4 minutes, as it makes his victory at Genesis over Storm seem meaningless. However, Kaz and Daniels have turned into a great tag team, with just the right mix of comedy and intensity on the mic. They're great at drawing heat, and I hope they stay together for the long haul. Just keep AJ and Daniels apart, and I'll be happy.

AJ Styles return: AJ looked bloated and strung out, which after the Claire Lynch abortion of an angle, seems to be a poor choice. But it was good to see him closeline Storm after clearing the ring of Kaz and Daniels, keeping with his promo from months ago that he was doing things "for himself" these days. If it sets up a Styles/Storm feud, it could help elevate both men out of the holding pattern both seem stuck in.

Joseph Park and Matt Morgan: The timing of the Carbon footprint was bad, and looked like miscommunication between the pair, but the overall segment was solid. Park continues to be a great character, and got a great reaction in his hometown. Morgan got good heat for his bullying of Park as well, and while it seems TNA has no idea what to do with Morgan currently, his promise to "remove Hogan's mistakes" could lead to an intriguing angle. A loss by Park to Morgan won't hurt Park either, as he's an "inexperienced wrestler" going against a legitimate monster. My only complaint is that this segment could have been saved for next week, allowing more time for Daniels/Storm.

Austin Aries vs Sting: Sting looked as good as he has in the ring in some time. A lot of the credit has to go to Aries, who's seemingly capable of making anyone look good. Sting came across as a bigger deal outside of the Impact Zone, and he did a good job of playing to them, and Aries of mocking him in return. It was a good call to go to a non-finish, as having Sting make Aries submit could have damaged Aries' going forward. Sting and Aries worked a nice, long-form match that didn't see the usual shortcuts of a Sting match in 2013, so well done by both men. Solid TV match. ***

Aces and Eights bests the TNA locker room: After months of losing consistently and looking like scrubs, this was what Aces and Eights needed more then anything. Hulk Hogan sent out the locker room, and it looked like TNA's roster would put a chink in the newly rejuvinated Aces and Eights, but the bikers beat down TNA's best in a straight-up fight. Bully's dressing down of Hogan to end the show was fantastic as well. Bully ended the night positioned like a legitimate star, a true top heel.

Overall Show: This was a great start to TNA's foray out of the Impact Zone. The goal of the show was obviously to position Aces and Eights as legitimate with Bully Ray at the top, and it worked. The women had a nice match, as did Aries and Sting. Kazarian and Daniels continue to be entertaining,and AJ Styles return was well handled. But the goal of the evening seemed to be establishing a "new day" for Aces and Eights with Bully Ray as World Champion and leader, and TNA was successful in that regard. B+ overall.

Impact Misses:​

No Jeff Hardy:
Yes, I know he was part of the locker room that got beaten down at the end, but him not confronting Bully at the beginning of the show or having his own promo time to show legitimate anger over being screwed out of the title he held for 6 months was a miss. I understand TNA wanting to put as much heat on Bully Ray as possible, but Hardy just seemed like "another guy" at the end of the show, not the man who was just screwed out of the championship.

Daniels vs James Storm: A virtual squash victory for Storm, who dispatched the man who beat him at Genesis in less then four minutes. The outcome never seemed in doubt, even with Kaz interfering on the outside. Daniels was just in the title picture right before TNA left for London, and while I understand this match was a set-up for AJ's return, this should have been a far more competitive, longer-form match then it was, perhaps cutting some of the filler, like the long Jospeh Park/Matt Morgan segment. *

Robbie E vs Rob Terry: Terry dominated Robbie E at Lockdown, with more of the same here. Terry should have stuck to the bodyguard role, because despite TNA investing years in him, he hasn't improved as a wrestler and is nothing more then a comedy character and filler. Robbie E has potential, but needs a gimmick change. I'm not sure where either goes from here in the current incarnations of their characters, and the match last night was again bad. 1/2*

The initial numbers show that it dropped just slightly in viewers from last week. According to tvbythenumbers.com, last night's Impact Wrestling drew 1.41 million viewers, down rom the 1.425 million last week. I'm guessing the rating will be about 1.12.

Its a solid number but I figured it'd be well north of 1.5 million this week given that TNA was coming off of a ppv that resulted in a big title change and heel turn.

I would really like someone who thought Impact this week was good to explain to me how it was good? Bully Ray comes out as the new World champion and the President of Aces & Eights, and doesn't do anything to explain to fans how any of the Aces & Eights angle over the last nine months makes sense. He gave nothing to clear loop holes and plot holes, all he did was make silly nWo references and throw out some catch phrases. Woo hoo! Aces & Eights is suddenly awesome now!

And please tell me how a stable that couldn't win a match, and couldn't even hold their own against the TNA roster - besides when they were outnumbering them - suddenly can not only stand toe to toe with the roster, but annihilate them and dominate them. Since f'cking when? We're suppose to take them seriously now? We're not suppose to watch that segment and laugh because of how silly it is. Oh no, whose going to stop this crazy stable of unstoppable talents... like Devon Dudley, Garrett Bischoff, and Wes Briscoe. Oh, and a few other WWE rejects who were getting dominated a few months ago in TNA.

Bully Ray is Jesus! He's suddenly made Aces & Eights invincible. All he needed was to win the World Heavyweight championship!

And then they promote AJ Styles returning to Impact this week.. and all he does is come out, scare off Daniels and Kaz, and then stand there. Why in the hell would they promote a wrestlers return and not have a reason behind doing it? The segment was entirely pointless and really made no sense at all. If he had just made a surprise return, okay, as people could be left to guess why he returned and what his motivation is.. but to promote it? And then to have nothing happen when a star returns, is just plain silly.

Now AJ Styles is being portrayed as some modern day Sting, the Aces & Eights as some modern day nWo, and Bully Ray as some modern day Hollywood Hogan, and we're suppose to find all of this entertaining and awesome? Its not. It's being done horribly, it's unoriginal because its so obvious, and if anyone wanted to really see it done well, and exciting and shocking, then they might as well go watch the old shows from WCW. This is just getting ridiculous now.

The only thing that was any good with Impact was Daniels and Kaz, who are always entertaining.

Oh, and whatever happened to those segments that hinted at Matt Morgan finally breaking out and becoming the monster he should be?

Pretty fucking phenominal episode of Impact. If this is what its gonna be like on the road, then fuck yes. Its only up for TNA from here.

Lively, enthusiastic TNA crowd, big show A+ professional feel. If anything, I felt like the set was TOO gaudy. Lets keep the expenses low, so we can keep this thing rollin.

Great reactions all night, including a goosebump-raiser when Sting came out.

Only problems...were was the X Division? Why not let Sting and Aries finish the match (which was a damn good match during)

Phenominal show, looking forward to next week.

A-

The reports from backstage in the aftermath of the double TV taping from Thursday are that the talent, company officials, etc, are very happy with how the first live taping turned out. This could hopefully help to quell reports that morale was down amongst talent over the loopholes in contract language created by the new format.

In fact their was so much satisfaction with the crowd turnouts and reactions to the show that Chicago is now one of the chief locations being considered to house this year's Bound For Glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back