• Angle

• Joe

• Draw, Double dq etc

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PauLwaLL

Here you will find all anything about Genisis.. Including cards, news, notes, updates etc.. Please dont put up another Genisis PPV Thread..

Ill start off with what I believe will be the card..

NWA Championship - Sting vs Abyss

X-Division Championship - Aj Styles vs Chris Sabin

Tag Team Championship - LAX vs AMW

Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe

Raven vs Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Bobby Roode vs Christopher Daniels

Austin Starr and Alex Shelley vs Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal

Christian Cage vs Rhino (Last Man Standing Match)

I believe we will see at Genisis remember these mark Chirstain cage one year since Joining TNA and man what a year it has been for him I hope he win the NWA title that would be cool

NWA Championship - Sting vs Abyss vs Christian Cage Vs Rhino

X-Division Championship - Aj Styles vs Chris Sabin vs Jay lethal(sp)

Christopher Daniels vs Low Ki

Austin Starr Vs Alex Shelley winner get Nash as their manger

Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe

BJ james vs Kip James

The Naturels vs Team 3D in a hardcore macth

Brother runt Matt bently and Raven vs ???( whoever i guess)

I cant wait for this PPV. Wow i still cant beleive angle vs Joe. That is a dream match my #1 dream match. This is gonna be crazy and the card around it is gonna be good with Abyss most likley facing Sting.

Sting v. Abyss
Stipulation: NWA World Heavyweight Title match
Winner: Sting

Christopher Daniels v. Robert Roode
Stipulation: None
Winner: Robert Roode

AJ Styles v. Chris Sabin
Winner: Toss up

Kurt Angle v. Samoa Joe
Winner: I think this will end in a no contest. Unless it's the main event, in which I think that it's a toss up.

LAX v. AMW
Stipulation: NWA tag team title match
Winners: LAX

Alex Shelley v. Austin Starr
Winner: Austin Starr.
or
Alex Shelley & Austin Starr v. some tag team

Christian Cage v. Rhino
Stipulation: Barbwire cage match
Winner: Toss up

I'm divided how the Joe/Angle match should go. On the one hand Angle should'nt loose his first P.P.V. match and on the other Joe should'nt get pinned. Also the match should have a conclusive finish.

PauLwaLL said:
Here you will find all anything about Genisis.. Including cards, news, notes, updates etc.. Please dont put up another Genisis PPV Thread..

Ill start off with what I believe will be the card..

NWA Championship - Sting vs Abyss

X-Division Championship - Aj Styles vs Chris Sabin

Tag Team Championship - LAX vs AMW

Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe

Raven vs Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Bobby Roode vs Christopher Daniels

Austin Starr and Alex Shelley vs Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal

Christian Cage vs Rhino (Last Man Standing Match)
of all the cards Ive seen this one seems like the most likley, I would make some changes to it though, here they are:

the Starr/Shelley/Dutt/Lethal match should be changed to a X-Division Showcase with Senshi and Petey Williams added

Christian Cage & Raven's Flock(Raven,Bentley,& Kazarian) Vs. Rhyno & Team 3D(with Brother Runt as part of Team3D)

and The Naturals vs. Hoyt & Truth

This has to be it, this has to be the end of the streak, Joe's streak has to end some time and there is no better way to do it than to have the biggest star in TNA's arsenal go over at Genesis. my question basically is do you agree, who should win?

I've been thinking about this question a lot lately, and I still haven't come up with a good conclusion to the match. i really like samoa joe, and don't want his undefeated streak to end just yet. I would rather see it broken by a young upcoming wrestler to give him a huge push, rather than angle who doesn't really need that accomplishment. I don't wanna see Angle lose his first PPV match in Tna either. Now it comes down to a dq ending or a double count out or something in that area. Personally i think that would be the worst ending for this match. this could possibly be one of the greatest matches we've seen for a long time, and having a bad ending like a DQ, would hurt that match a lot, and i don't think tna would want to do that. Every possibility for the outcome of this match is one i truly don't like, so I guess I have to wait and see what Tna does to it

^^^^^^

You are right, there is no happy ending for this match I guess it just comes down to who you like more. The thing is as I say with undefeated streaks it can be hard to end them without it looking like a joke, and they need a big star like angle to end the streak in a realistic way and which Joe does'nt come off looking bad

I don't really give a damn who wins. It had better be competitive, though. I want 20+ minutes of the best smash-mouth, technical wrestling around from these two. The match had better live up to the hype, and I really think it will. I don't want a completely dominating finish, either. Something creative that really keeps everyone on the edge of their seat. Angle/Michaels from WM21 comes to mind. That match was scripted wonderfully and had a great build to it. Especially the end when Angle played possum and nearly tore Shawn's damn foot off.

Who else can smell an ROH style 60 minute classic. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I was just going over the card for Genesis and it is so bare. There is not much going on match-wise. I don't know if there are another 3 matches announced on Impact! this week but right now TNA has left more than enough room on the card to give Angle-Joe a full hour. And IMO this is the only way for this match to end satisfactorily.

I agree a double-DQ and double count-out would be the absolute stupidest way to end this match. But you can't have either man go over either. A draw after 60 minutes, on the other hand, would leave the crowd on its feet, going ballistic with applause for the efforts of the two men, and the match ends with both having learnt a lesson. They put aside their hatred and shake hands in respect of the fight in eachother. This would be without a doubt a classic moment in TNA history if done in a way similar to this. Can you imagine a 60 minute draw in TNA. I mean its happened in ROH, its happened in ECW, why not in TNA. It would be awesome.

Y 2 Jake said:
I'm divided how the Joe/Angle match should go. On the one hand Angle should'nt loose his first P.P.V. match and on the other Joe should'nt get pinned. Also the match should have a conclusive finish.

you got a good point here. I mean like by conclusive finish what do you mean? Like are you talking about contreversey, or like someone cleanly winning. I think someone should cleanly win. I think Joe should win in like a 25 minute bout. This match has potential or maybe like both of them being in a Submission move then they both tap at the same time, that would be the only contreversal finish i would like to see.

attila said:
Who else can smell an ROH style 60 minute classic. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I was just going over the card for Genesis and it is so bare. There is not much going on match-wise. I don't know if there are another 3 matches announced on Impact! this week but right now TNA has left more than enough room on the card to give Angle-Joe a full hour. And IMO this is the only way for this match to end satisfactorily.

I agree a double-DQ and double count-out would be the absolute stupidest way to end this match. But you can't have either man go over either. A draw after 60 minutes, on the other hand, would leave the crowd on its feet, going ballistic with applause for the efforts of the two men, and the match ends with both having learnt a lesson. They put aside their hatred and shake hands in respect of the fight in eachother. This would be without a doubt a classic moment in TNA history if done in a way similar to this. Can you imagine a 60 minute draw in TNA. I mean its happened in ROH, its happened in ECW, why not in TNA. It would be awesome.
You know, man. I've been thinking about it, and if someone wins, then interference is likely to be a factor. Either with a returning Jarrett, or with Christian as he's always into stirring up s***. There could be a couple of others who could interject themselves into it, but all I want is a competitive match that is worth the buy.

For Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle I would like to see Angle win but IDK will happen. I think that once this feud is over though Angle and Joe will "be at opposite ends of the table" and Angle will be in the title hunt and then they will meet up again at a later PPV for a #1 Contenders Match or something like that.

Kasey said:
You know, man. I've been thinking about it, and if someone wins, then interference is likely to be a factor. Either with a returning Jarrett, or with Christian as he's always into stirring up s***. There could be a couple of others who could interject themselves into it, but all I want is a competitive match that is worth the buy.

Exactly what I feel. If they do it any other way they fucked it up. You got perhaps the two best wrestlers alive going at it in the ring for the first time in a dream match people thought would NEVER EVER happen as far back as two months ago. And now its happening!! Anything but a long, hard-hitting, breath-taking competitive one on one matchup with no outside interference would be wrong.

To make the fans happy on this, they have only one option. Keep it a WRESTLING match. No sports entertainment is welcome in this match. And TNA should know this. If anyone so much as takes a step out of the tunnel into the Impact zone during this match, that Orlando crowd is gonna shit all over them. TNA will be hit with a barrage of boos (and in a bad way) like they never thought possible.

Predictions:

Joe Vs. Angle-This is one of the hardest matches to predict in a while. As long as it doesn't end in a DQ or something I don't care. It has to go at least 25 minutes. A 60 miniute draw would be awesome, but it won't be able to go that long. I'm saying Angle wins it.

NWA Title: Sting Vs. Abyss-A solid match. I'm pulling for Abyss but I think Sting holds on to the title for a little while longer.

NWA Tag Titles: LAX Vs. AMW-This will be the second best match of the night. I'm hoping LAX wins it. If they don't TNA is hurting the NWA tag titles. I'm picking LAX to win.

TNA X-Title: Fallen Angel Vs. Sabin-Another great match. If Sabin wins, TNA officicially blows haha.

AJ Styles Vs. Christian Cage-And look at this, another what should be great match. Not much build up, but I don't care. Both these guys are amazing. Christian wins.

Voodoo Kin Mafia vs Kazarian & Maverick Matt & Devine-This may be the worst match on the card, aside from Roodes match. VKM wins.

Ron Killings & Lance Hoyt vs Alex Shelley & Austin Aries-Shelly and Aries (Generation Next TNA version) will have some communication problems leading to a Truth and Hoyt victory.

The Naturals w/Shane Douglas vs Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal-Should be a solid match. I don't see the Naturals losing this one.

Bobby Roode issues an open challenge- No idea who it's against. Don't really care.

My only complaint is Low Ki if left off. Hopefully he wrestlers on the pre show or something, he's one of the best wrestlers today.

Ok, so the whole day i have been thinking if i want to order this or not... but i finally decided that im gonna order it, becuase i just can't let myself miss the joe/angle match live. If it doesn't live up to the expectations which everyone has im going to be really dissapointed. This ppv also has really really good undercard, which prolly made me lean toward the decision of ordering it, anyway i can't wait for this, and this could possibly be one of tna's greatest paper views of all time

I think that Joe will win, he'll counter something from Angle and go for his sleeper and Angle will refuse to tap and eventually pass out, that would be the best way to end it in my opinion, though I do like the idea of a 60 min draw, and if their is two guys in the company that could pull it off it's these two.

as for the NWA title match, I'm hopeing that Abyss wins, but I don't think thats going to happen, I have a feeling that Sting is going to retain his title because it appears as though they want to set up a feud between him and Christian, I do have an idea for next months ppv though, they could have sting and Abyss further their feud for one more title match and then have Angle vs. Joe vs. Styles vs. Christian in #1 contender match

I do have a few questions about the card, where is Rhyno, Senshi, Petey Williams, and Team 3D, IMO they should have had Team 3D vs. the Naturals since they are clearly doing an angle there, hell make it a six man tag and put Rhyno with Team 3D and the Franchise Shane Douglas with the Naturals, then have it be a table match this time make it so you have to put all three oppents through the table, and if they want to have Dutt and Lethal on the card then put them in the Hoyt/Truth vs. Shelley/Starr match and make it a three team match, as for Petey and Senshi, I'm hoping that one of them answers the Roode challenge, imagine Roode vs. Petey and Senshi is always just great to watch. I don't get the whole VKM vs. Bently, Kazarien, and Divine match, it just doesn't make sense to me, I thought VKM was trying to pick a fight with WWE, so why are the going in and beating up on a bunch of Goth wannbes?

carson08 said:
Predictions:

Joe Vs. Angle-This is one of the hardest matches to predict in a while. As long as it doesn't end in a DQ or something I don't care. It has to go at least 25 minutes. A 60 miniute draw would be awesome, but it won't be able to go that long. I'm saying Angle wins it.

NWA Title: Sting Vs. Abyss-A solid match. I'm pulling for Abyss but I think Sting holds on to the title for a little while longer.

NWA Tag Titles: LAX Vs. AMW-This will be the second best match of the night. I'm hoping LAX wins it. If they don't TNA is hurting the NWA tag titles. I'm picking LAX to win.

TNA X-Title: Fallen Angel Vs. Sabin-Another great match. If Sabin wins, TNA officicially blows haha.

AJ Styles Vs. Christian Cage-And look at this, another what should be great match. Not much build up, but I don't care. Both these guys are amazing. Christian wins.

Voodoo Kin Mafia vs Kazarian & Maverick Matt & Devine-This may be the worst match on the card, aside from Roodes match. VKM wins.

Ron Killings & Lance Hoyt vs Alex Shelley & Austin Aries-Shelly and Aries (Generation Next TNA version) will have some communication problems leading to a Truth and Hoyt victory.

The Naturals w/Shane Douglas vs Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal-Should be a solid match. I don't see the Naturals losing this one.

Bobby Roode issues an open challenge- No idea who it's against. Don't really care.

My only complaint is Low Ki if left off. Hopefully he wrestlers on the pre show or something, he's one of the best wrestlers today.

yea i was pretty bumed about low ki (senshi) bein left off too. But i think he will interfer with the AMW vs LAX match n will join LAX.

By the way it is nice to be able to come in the tna forum and their ppvs threads again, I had been working a lot and missed about a month and a half worth of impacts and bound for glory but I had taped them all so I had a TNA marathon this weekend so I could watch the Genisis. Im kinda hoping that Daniels wins tonight cause im tired of seeing the X-division belt change hands what seems like every week.

The Cage-Styles match was very fun to watch. It looks a Styles-Daniels feud is coming up now, cause Daniels came down to help Styles and ended up costing him the match.

wow, JC came out after LAX won their match and said that LAX are stripped of the tag titles, not sure if that was the best move because the crowd sounded like they were chanting bullshit even though they booed LAX most of the match. Im expecting them to have another match or something on Impact for the vacant titles and LAX will win them back.

Abyss is the new NWA heavyweight champ. He won the title because Sting got a dq for hitting the ref. Sting hit the ref than threw Abyss threw 2 tables with barbed wire on them. It's going to be around 10:23 before this Angle-Joe match gets underway so im hoping this isn't just a 15min match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back