• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are Kurt Angle's Comments Real?

I don't think it's totally real, but I just can't imagine any father thinking this was a good idea. Even thought it's "fake", the story line is still messed up.

It doesn't belong in pro wrestling! We watch wrestling to be entertained. It's about good guys and bad guys fighting it out in the ring. It's living comic books. People watch wrestling to imagine doing things they will never do in real life. People don't go around hitting each other with steal chairs, but they do get divorced. The American divorce rate is over 50%. That means there are a hell of a lot of divorced dads out there watching wrestling with there kids when they see them. I guarentee that a dad whos ex wife just got remarried isn't going to enjoy that angle. My parents got divorced when I was 10, and I know I sure wouldn't have wanted to tune into wrestling and see angles about custody battles. I just don't think any angle about peoples kids is good in wrestling.

Christ alive this is stupid.

First things first, the comments are fake. Obviously. I have no understanding of the situation between these guys, but you've got to be pretty fucking dense to assume that Angle didn't green light the whole angle. People questioning that is not the stupid part though.

What I find laughable is the hysterical "won't somebody please think of the children" squarking that is going on in this thread. Do some or you really think that children (especially those growing up in the TV industry) are unable to distinguish between real life and a TV fantasy. Do you think Angle are Jarrett's children believe that daddy kicks the shit out of people for a living? These are kids who are growing up in the wrestling business, they understand (rather better than a lot of the people in this thread it seems).

By your logic we should probably forcibly remove all child actors from film and television. Given that they are incabable of distinguishing between fantasy and reality it's simply not safe for them to be in the acting business. Whilst this philosophy would have prevented me having to sit through Home Alone, it still doesn't take a stroke of genius to conclude that this a fucking ******ed.

Does anybody have any rational reason to believe that appearing on TV for five minutes will have a negative affect on these children? No.

Does anybody have any rational reason to believe that these children were forced into a wrestling segment without both their own consent and that of Kurt Angle? No.

Does anybody have one tenth of the understanding necessary to rationally comment on Kurt Angle's and co's personal situation without sounding like an absolute tool? No.

It's their family, what they do with it is very much their business. Anybody getting into a lather about the segment is simply getting worked in exactly the manner that was intended. Which brings me on to the crux of my post... the segments worked.

Personally I didn't care for them much, I thought they were slightly over the top, but simply reading through this thread is enough to confirm that there were plenty of people out there who got taken in, which I'm pretty sure is the point of blurring the lines between reality and professional wrestling.

Good for Angle and Jarrett.

Just to echo Gelgarin.:

kay-fabe:

In professional wrestling, kayfabe (pronounced /ˈkeɪfeɪb/) is the portrayal of events within the industry as "real". That is, the portrayal of professional wrestling as being genuine or not worked. Referring to events or interviews as being a "chore" means that the event/interview has been "kayfabed" or staged, or is part of a wrestling angle while being passed off as legitimate.

Why pro-wrestling fans fail to grasp this concept even in todays day and age is beyond me.

Obviously the comments (if Angle even wrote them) are kayfabe.

He's playing into the angle, folks. Of course they're not "real".

This isn't the first time kids have been involved in a story line, though. Does anybody remember years ago when every week the Million Dollar Man was making a point of proving that everybody had a price? There was a segment on one night that involved a kid in the audience. Dont' remember if the kid was in the ring or on a platform near ringside, but MDM called a kid up, pretended he was going to give the kid a $100 bill, and then snatched it back and tore it up? My memory of the details might be a little sketchy but the gist of the segment was that MDM tormented this little kid and when the kid walked off with his head down MDM and Virgil just howled. An act among WWE roster is one thing but any kid watching was probably very disappointed in that.

There is no way these comments are real. Angle is just playing up the storyline that he does not like Jarrett. If Kurt Angle is genuinely Mad this Angle would not be happening period. Kurt Angle is one of the most important people on the roster and I doubt they would want to piss him off. Bottom line is if Angle really felt this way this story with Karen and Jeff would NOT be Happening.

I think Angle's pushing the storyline. Really, if it were something that he is uncomfortable with, I don't think he'd do it. To air legitimate grievances on Twitter doesn't seem like the best way to get the angle killed. I think if Angle had second thoughts about the whole thing he could certainly have it squashed.

That said, I don't think it's a very proper or very interesting storyline. Reality and wrestling sometimes can create interesting and worthwhile story lines, but to me, the airing of personal laundry like this is really disinteresting.

Interesting that TNA gives people an angle done so well that they think it is real yet they complain about it because of that very quality. If you cannot tell the girls know they are playing around in those clips then just wow. Angle's daughter had already been on camera in TNA in the past and the other girls are Jarrett's anyway. It is amazing that people take such over the top segments so seriously.

I think its a combination of both Angle's way of pushing the storyline and being a tiny bit legit. The video does make Angle seem like a bad father but on the other hand if he had a problem doing it he wouldnt do it

It's a work, just like everything TNA related now a days. They tried doing everything as a "work" that nothing is believable anymore. You would think Russo would learn, but I guess not. Also, I really can't stand Jarrett. He hasn't been significant in over a decade, and he really needs quit with his current, "MMA" gimmick.

Also, the whole Jeff/Karen thing is completely awkward, and on a real note, I'd feel for Angle. Now the whole Twitter thing is fake, but the guy probably does, or should, feel uncomfortable with the whole situation. Shamefully, it's one storyline I'm interested as much as I can't stand Jarrett.

Christ alive this is stupid.

First things first, the comments are fake. Obviously. I have no understanding of the situation between these guys, but you've got to be pretty fucking dense to assume that Angle didn't green light the whole angle. People questioning that is not the stupid part though.

What I find laughable is the hysterical "won't somebody please think of the children" squarking that is going on in this thread. Do some or you really think that children (especially those growing up in the TV industry) are unable to distinguish between real life and a TV fantasy. Do you think Angle are Jarrett's children believe that daddy kicks the shit out of people for a living? These are kids who are growing up in the wrestling business, they understand (rather better than a lot of the people in this thread it seems).

By your logic we should probably forcibly remove all child actors from film and television. Given that they are incabable of distinguishing between fantasy and reality it's simply not safe for them to be in the acting business. Whilst this philosophy would have prevented me having to sit through Home Alone, it still doesn't take a stroke of genius to conclude that this a fucking ******ed.

Does anybody have any rational reason to believe that appearing on TV for five minutes will have a negative affect on these children? No.

Does anybody have any rational reason to believe that these children were forced into a wrestling segment without both their own consent and that of Kurt Angle? No.

Does anybody have one tenth of the understanding necessary to rationally comment on Kurt Angle's and co's personal situation without sounding like an absolute tool? No.

It's their family, what they do with it is very much their business. Anybody getting into a lather about the segment is simply getting worked in exactly the manner that was intended. Which brings me on to the crux of my post... the segments worked.

Personally I didn't care for them much, I thought they were slightly over the top, but simply reading through this thread is enough to confirm that there were plenty of people out there who got taken in, which I'm pretty sure is the point of blurring the lines between reality and professional wrestling.

Good for Angle and Jarrett.

Finally, a similar rational comment that holds a comparison with my own. For anyone to even question how real Angles comments on twitter regarding the skit were, is fucking ridiculous. I don't understand how anyone can even say "hey maybe Kurt really is pissed". I'm not calling anyone a dumbass but shit people use the logical part of your brain when thinking about easy answerable questions such as this. If it's on TV, it's definitely not a problem for anyone.

I'm sure they are. I agree with Angle. TNA made Karen look like a big ****e last week on Impact in those segments even though we already knew she is a ****e.

I think Angle will come back to WWE sooner or later. He is not ending his career with TNA trust me. Angle is better then that. Why would he want to end his career in TNA? TNA is nothing. It's all about WWE in the wrestling buisness.

Of course his comments aren't real. He's just playing along with the angle. Nothing that happens on TNA tv isn't approved by both Kurt and Karen when it comes to their kids. That being said, it's still horrible to watch and I hate seeing the whole thing playing out, and having it on Impact at all. It's in bad taste and it does nothing to get over any talent. Just horrible stuff by TNA right now.

Of course his comments aren't real. He's just playing along with the angle. Nothing that happens on TNA tv isn't approved by both Kurt and Karen when it comes to their kids. That being said, it's still horrible to watch and I hate seeing the whole thing playing out, and having it on Impact at all. It's in bad taste and it does nothing to get over any talent. Just horrible stuff by TNA right now.

Does EVERYTHING have to get over any talent? You do realize that this is a feud between Jeff Jarret and Kurt Angle, not AJ Styles, Jarret and Kurt Angle.

What's wrong with the storyline? The way I see it, it's a great storyline.

1.It's based on something real. Boy is it good to see that every once in a while.
2.Both men have done a great job in their promos. Angle and Double J invested tons of emotion in their mic work and it's evident that it works due to the crowd's reactions, which if you haven't noticed are loud boos and cheers, which means they're into it.
3.It's booked correctly, and it'll end in a great match between two great wrestlers.

The storyline is personal, that's the fucking point and maybe what people don't like about it. Then again, I can't remember a time when YOU liked any TNA storyline, so why the hell am I wasting my time.

I'm sick and tired of stupid ass storylines focused around belts. People have been fed bullshit over the last 11 years so much that they forgot what the key for a good storyline is.

1.Two conflicting characters - Angle and Jarret are perfect for that. Angle is a wrestler, he's a machine and he has morals, Double J on the other hand cheats all the time and clearly has no morals.

2.A REAL conflict, a personal grudge - Double J is using Angle's kid(s) and his ex-wife to get under his skin and make this more personal than it already is. Angle on the other hand simply wants to fight the guy and cut the BS.

3. Fan association - the fans, each and every one of them, can clearly feel for Kurt Angle (if you're not a smark. If you are, then that's a whole different story, you don't watch the show as a fan you watch it as a laptop jedi, a.k.a critic). Things like that happen in real life and I'm sure a lot of the fans have experienced something similiar to that. You feel for Angle and you hate Double J for it. You get emotionally invested in the storyline, unlike belt storylines where you HAVE to cheer for some other dude to win a prop. What satisfaction am I going to get when say Wrestler A beats Wrestler B for a belt, and that's it. There's no conflict, there's no grudge, there's just a piece of tin.

Every single storyline these days is simply about a belt. Have you noticed that WWE has just about no storylines that do NOT revolve around a Championship? The most recent SL that wasn't about a belt was Cena/Nexus and that shit wins let-down of the fucking century. Talk about having something good and absolutely shitting on it. Every storyline is Wrestler A comes out and challenges Wrestler B who is the champ. Then they attack eachother every week, maybe have a tag match, and then they fight. Big fucking whoop. Rinse and repeat. There's no storylines based on some issue, something that we can associate ourselves with, something outside of wrestling.

Double J-Angle is just that, and it's great. If I remember correctly, Randy Orton was a helluva heel back when he cuffed Triple H to the post, RKO'd his wife and kissed her while she was out cold. Oh yeah, WWE fans ate that shit up, it was awesome. Then Triple H broke into his house and threw him through a window. Yeah man! Triple H! RKO! WWE! Woo! Then TNA does something's that's based on a REAL grudge, also makes it personal between the two characters, and people go "that shit sucks". Give me a fucking break.

I can't believe people are not only questioning if his comments are real (of course they are not) but also if Kurt has any issues with the angle. He probably suggested it! Do you guys realise that Kurt was actually Jeff's best man at his wedding when he married Karen? Why would he be the best man at jeff and karen's wedding but get upset over something that is scripted? Kurt is re-married, just had a kid and probably couldn't be any happier with his life at the moment - and from what I've read on various sites, he was pretty pleased to actually be rid of Karen....once a stripper, always a stripper...

Alright well just so I stay on topic, the Twitter comments were obviously a work as just about everyone except the OP seems to have understood in the first place. Contracts in TNA can't be so iron clad that they can force you to put your children in a TV angle. Kurt wouldn't sign off on it if he really felt uncomfortable with it. But on to my issue.

Every single storyline these days is simply about a belt. Have you noticed that WWE has just about no storylines that do NOT revolve around a Championship? The most recent SL that wasn't about a belt was Cena/Nexus and that shit wins let-down of the fucking century. Talk about having something good and absolutely shitting on it. Every storyline is Wrestler A comes out and challenges Wrestler B who is the champ. Then they attack eachother every week, maybe have a tag match, and then they fight. Big fucking whoop. Rinse and repeat. There's no storylines based on some issue, something that we can associate ourselves with, something outside of wrestling.

Double J-Angle is just that, and it's great. If I remember correctly, Randy Orton was a helluva heel back when he cuffed Triple H to the post, RKO'd his wife and kissed her while she was out cold. Oh yeah, WWE fans ate that shit up, it was awesome. Then Triple H broke into his house and threw him through a window. Yeah man! Triple H! RKO! WWE! Woo! Then TNA does something's that's based on a REAL grudge, also makes it personal between the two characters, and people go "that shit sucks". Give me a fucking break.

So here you guys are, having a simple conversation about a TNA angle, then the conductor of The Dumb Cunt Express just has to turn this into yet another WWE vs TNA thread.

First of all, you're wrong. We have Randy Orton vs Nexus, Cody vs Rey Rey, Drew McIntyre and Kelly Kelly, The Corre vs Nexus, all of which aren't for any championships. If none of these are your cup of tea that's all fine and good, not everyone is into disturbing angles about the emotional status of children, but you were wrong in your initial statement.

Second of all, where do you get off trashing people for not wanting to see an angle about something like this? Personally I could care less, but I understand why people find angles with children appalling. But to be fair, it is a rather lazy angle. How much energy do you really think creative put into this? It's been done before(better too) and everyone was sickened with it then. This isn't a "TNA sucks for doing this angle" thread, everyone hated the Eddie/Rey/Dominic angle as well.

Alright well just so I stay on topic, the Twitter comments were obviously a work as just about everyone except the OP seems to have understood in the first place. Contracts in TNA can't be so iron clad that they can force you to put your children in a TV angle. Kurt wouldn't sign off on it if he really felt uncomfortable with it. But on to my issue.

First of all, you act like Double J raped his own daughter on television. They were simply IN the segment. They were not branded with hot iron for cows, they weren't whipped, Jarrett didn't beat the shit out Angle's offpsring.

I ask again, and again and again and I never get an answer - what happened to wrestling fans? Why did you all turn into such big *****es? Especially the WWE fans. (yeah, I mentioned WWE in my post, I do that a lot, insults, jokes, sarcasm. It's mostly negative because I fucking hate that company, go call your mother for a hug if ya can't read through a post of mine without crying your ass off.)

"Oh my Goood Children on TV this is horrible! Personal issues! Oh my God! Run away!"

We all watch movies, we all watch TV shows where children are beaten, killed, yelled at, used for ransom, emotionally scarred and so on. How is pro wrestling, another form of entertainment, any different? It wasn't real you moron. They were all ACTING. If The Undertaker can shoot fucking LIGHTNINGS and be over with the crowd, then kiddies on TV is not too horrible. TNA is not .. crossing the line .. with this, they're not doing anything WRONG, it's simply dramatic and emotional. They're not shooting eachother, they're not killing eachother. It's advancing the storyline and putting Jarrett over as a major ass heel.

The CM Punk - Rey's daughter thing was absolutely GENIUS. I loved every minute of it and it was a glimpse of something good in an otherwise boring and meaningless feud.

Go shove some tampons up that pussy, you're leaking. Christ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back