• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The New Nexus isnt working.....

darbare

Getting Noticed By Management
I dont know about you guys, but Nexus has seriously fallen off for me...they dont have Husky Harris anymore....CM Punk is their leader but he uses different music, and has his own storylines.....Otunga isnt even getting mic time anymore...McGillicutty is good in the ring, but he needs more development...Mason Ryan is still learning....I seriously think they need Skip Sheffield back to seem even remotely intimidating....Mason Ryan just isnt intimidating because he makes goofy faces most of the time....I also think they might wanna get Michael Tarver back in the group...it will at least feel the original group in some ways...Tarver is always hanging around backstage doing nothing as it is....they could have Punk, Sheffield, Otunga, Ryan, McGillicutty, and Tarver.....theyre just not initimidating anymore...I think bringing Skip back and possibly Tarver will make them legit once again...whataya think

I like Skip a lot. I think whatever they do with him, will make the situation they put him in, much more relevant. I think it is a matter of time, when he returns, that he becomes a big name.

I am starting to think WWE should just do away with The Nexus. They are nothing like they were when they were formed under Barrett. Though Barrett was the clear cut leader of the group, it seems like the rest of them have been pushed further down because now they are absolutely nothing but Punk's lackeys.

It is the SES all over again, basically. I think Punk will do awesome either way, he doesn't need the Nexus at all and it will not hurt Punk to do away with that storyline. But it seems like it is hurting the rest of the guys because they truly aren't doing shit.

I agree. And what is up with still refering to them as "new Nexus" still? Can they be Nexus now? Wade moved on and has his team with the tag belts. I feel Otunga is key. He needs Mic time and maybe they can start doin something.

I actually agree. They're still the "New" Nexus? And this sucks because I like the Nexus. I just think Wade Barrett should've stayed leader(although I love the Corre) and CM Punk should be feuding with Daniel Bryan(remember when they had a confrontation like last summer? yeah, if they can mess up two good feuds in the matter of one night(Taker v. Kane and HHH v. Sheamus) there's no way they'll pick this back up).

The New Nexus IS working. The difference is who the Nexus is working for. The original Nexus basically helped all the members get over in some way, even just a little bit. While Wade Barrett was a focus, you saw every member get mic time, and a little bit of story behind each one. The New Nexus is all about CM Punk. That's not really a bad thing for me, because I don't care about the rest of them, and I don't mind them playing Punk's henchmen. The New Nexus IS working, but it's only working for him. It's really just a second Straight Edge Society. Which is something that should have never ended to begin with. People are still interested because CM Punk is the top heel in the company, and he's fueding with Randy Orton. So whether you like the direction it's taken or not, that doesn't mean the Nexus has failed. It hasn't- it just has a new purpose. And that purpose is to be a cult for CM Punk's dominance, and eventual title reign.

I'm not so sure if it is just the fact that ,for the first time since they debuted, they aren't in the main storyline right now. They need to have a couple weeks of them destroying Randy Orton to make them legit again. And also isn't it about time for the other members of Nexus to actually start wrestling? Maybe have Otunga feud with Daniel Bryan for the US Championship or something. Or Ryan and McGillicutty against Gabriel and Slater for the tag titles.

The problem with breaking them up is, what would Otunga, Ryan, and Michael do? Otunga still needs his inexperience hidden (he probably does a lot of house show work), Ryan (see Otunga), and Michael could possibly do ok if he broke out right now. But look at what happened to Young, he is on the lower card of Superstars. They should do fine as long as they don't get unlucky like the SES did (fired, injured and fired, no one cared about the last guy). They should have the other members in more matches with more of the mid-card instead of them facing the main eventers all the time.

Simply put, the problem is Punk. He is a terrible leader. He is a great wrestler, but anybody who has been in a Punk group has either been endeavored or sent to FCW or Smackdown.

Husky, Slater, Gabriel, Gallows, Mercury, and Serena have all fallen victim to being in a Punk led group. At least when Barrett was the leader, most of the people who left the group (Tarver, Skip, Bryan) were either forced out do to injury, or, in Bryan's case, fired for choking out Justin Roberts. Darren Young looks like the only one who failed under Barrett's watch.

And seriously, why did the New Nexus get to keep the Nexus name when they only have one original member. What Nexus lost, with the arrival of Punk, was their purpose. They came in wanting contracts, mission accomplished. Raising hell for a bigger picture. Every member getting their moment to shine every night, be it in a match or during a gang type jumping of another superstar. They all got to hit their finishers on whoever they attacked. I can't remember seeing Husky, McGillicutty, or Otunga do anything on tv since Husky got punted and the rest got initiated. Meanwhile on SD, Slater and Gabriel are 3 time tag team champions and the Corre is staying relevant.

I just think that personally Nexus has run it's course. It was never great anyway's. Also CM PUNK should be by himself, not surrounding himself with nobody's

Nexus as members doesn't get enough TV time under Punks leadership. McGillicutty reallly has a lot of untaped potential. I could see a great US title match with Daniel Bryan sometime in the future and have Otonga and Ryan go after the tag titles or something. Punk really doesn't need the Nexus and the "New" Nexus doesn't need him.

I just think that it makes more sense to bring back Sheffield and Tarver....Skip needs something to come back to seeing as how he was never kicked out from the group to begin with....Tarver could be brought back because its under new management seeing as how Barrett fed him to Cena pretty much with no remorse...Tarver has no beef with Punk...they would look even more intimidating with Tarver with the facemask and Sheffield flexing around....nothing is intimidating about McGillicutty...Otunga has his own thing....Mason Ryan looks like a big doofus caveman when he comes out...and to be truthful Punk does need the New Nexus because he doesnt look intimidating whatsoever....he has that Charles Manson thing going on where he is more intimidating with his mind.....with loyal followers that makes him more threatening.....we all know he kicks ass in the ring, but he doesnt match up physically with Cena or Orton or a Triple H

yeah i dont like how they dragged this nexus thing out since june. the tlc match between cena and barrett should have ended nexus and left it as is. i think the punk and orton feud would be a lot better if it was just them two.

Simply put, the problem is Punk. He is a terrible leader. He is a great wrestler, but anybody who has been in a Punk group has either been endeavored or sent to FCW or Smackdown.

Husky, Slater, Gabriel, Gallows, Mercury, and Serena have all fallen victim to being in a Punk led group. At least when Barrett was the leader, most of the people who left the group (Tarver, Skip, Bryan) were either forced out do to injury, or, in Bryan's case, fired for choking out Justin Roberts. Darren Young looks like the only one who failed under Barrett's watch.

And seriously, why did the New Nexus get to keep the Nexus name when they only have one original member. What Nexus lost, with the arrival of Punk, was their purpose. They came in wanting contracts, mission accomplished. Raising hell for a bigger picture. Every member getting their moment to shine every night, be it in a match or during a gang type jumping of another superstar. They all got to hit their finishers on whoever they attacked. I can't remember seeing Husky, McGillicutty, or Otunga do anything on tv since Husky got punted and the rest got initiated. Meanwhile on SD, Slater and Gabriel are 3 time tag team champions and the Corre is staying relevant.

Are you serious? Serena was fired because of her party lifestyle, Gallows was going to be future endeavored before they gave him one last shot in the SES and he didn't deliver. Mercury was previously future endeavored but was hired back for the sole purpose of training in FCW and they figured they'd give him one more run on one of the big shows.

Slater and Gabriel were apart of a group run by CM Punk for about 45 minutes, and Husky Harris was taken out because of a decision by creative. Do you always just talk out your ass?

Not including Punk the best part of Nexus is Husky Harris. He has all the tools to be, no pun inteded on Brock Lesnar, The Next Big Thing. Bring him back and let him the badass he is. Mason Ryan sucks. Also if anything I think originally Jackson and Ryan should be each others role.

LOL I love your signature pic!!!!! reps to you! with the pokemon cena pic...

New Nexus is getting overshadowed by major feuds but they are still a stable. I have a feeling that wwe setup themselves pretty good (and thats very rare, at least of recent history) to have open storylines with a stable vs stable in new nexus vs old nexus/corre for WM27. We all know neither group is going to headline by themselves but with each other that could be a plus along with taker vs hhh, lawler vs cole, miz vs cena, del rio vs edge, cm punk vs orton, possibly sheamus vs morrison/daniel bryan, and ziggler in a dark horse match or somehow triple/quadruple-threat matches. perhaps something with tag team championships up for grabs cuz that division really is lackluster.

New nexus is not done but they're just getting lost in the heat...wwe needs something post wm27 and the stables are here to stay at least for a while. they have to showcase their new talent and with tough enough coming soon...and older superstars rumored to leave, they need talent to be stablized.

I used to LOVE Nexus...Its not ran its course but i have changed my mind on em...CM Punk is awsome as a singles wrestler. The rest are lucky to be in the WWE. Wade Barrett was in line to be the NEXT World champion, before 2010 was complete.

NOW hes lost in the upper midcard...Nothing like when Nexus ran the roost. I still like Barrett and Gabriel but "the core" just isnt cutting it for these two...Shoot, the move to Smackdown was the dagger...

I agree that they have just lost some of their purpose. They were the cast on NXT who didn't win, they wanted contracts, they wanted revenge for being treated like garbage by the main roster talent, they wanted to shake things up. Well, now they are full blown members of the roster, the feud with Cena is done, their leader is on a different show, and people are constantly coming and going from the group. Punk as leader isn't really going anywhere, it made for a shocking reveal, but that's it. Don't get me wrong, if you want to keep a faction alive by giving it a new leader, Punk is a great choice because he can pull off just about anything. I dunno... I hesitate to say Nexus has completely run its course already, but I also don't want them to completely water down the memory of the huge impact they made on their debut when they destroyed Raw, the feud with Cena, the controversy of Daniel Bryan being fired, maybe they should just let those few months stand for themselves instead of dragging it out.

To me it would make more sense to have Barrett's new group The Corre carry on the Nexus name. Beside the fact that they are more of a unit a help each other as the original Nexus did. They have three original Nexus members in Gabriel, Slater, and Barrett.

The New Nexus are just lackeys to CM Punk with Untonga being the only original Nexus member. I think Punk makes a great leader to a stable, but it shouldn't be called Nexus in my opinion. Like I said they're just Punk's lackeys and don't serve the same purpose as The original Nexus did. I don't see them lasting much longer. They probably will disband soon after Wrestlemania.

Are you serious? Serena was fired because of her party lifestyle, Gallows was going to be future endeavored before they gave him one last shot in the SES and he didn't deliver. Mercury was previously future endeavored but was hired back for the sole purpose of training in FCW and they figured they'd give him one more run on one of the big shows.

Slater and Gabriel were apart of a group run by CM Punk for about 45 minutes, and Husky Harris was taken out because of a decision by creative. Do you always just talk out your ass?

I'll conceed on Slater and Gabriel. But it seems like WWE puts people they have very little faith in with Punk. With SES, you say WWE was giving both Mercury and Gallows one last shot, but then didn't write anything for them? What sense does that make?

Husky Harris got moved down by creative because he wasn't doing shit after Punk took over. Just like Otunga, McGillicutty and now Mason Ryan. Expect them all to be back in FCW after WM.

Punk can't lead a group and in 2 months, he won't have to. Nexus will be dead and you can come up with 3 more excuses for why Punk is not the problem.

personally i liked the S.E.S. (didn't hurt that serena was Sexy) but I don't like the new nexus, to me they r basically just the S.E.S. without a purpose and The only reason I really liked the original nexus was because of barret and gabrial and now that that r in the corre the nexus has lost its best members, hopefully they will bring back skip and let him succeed on his own instead of putting him with another group where he is a follower.

I mean all he does now is cowers behind Nexus and orders them to attack, then he picks up the scraps. The only noticeable difference between him and Barrett is that he [Punk] actually wrestles his own matches, which is kind of not giving many other Nexus members anything to do but run out and attack. It just makes his character look weaker when he doesn't fight one on one.

What do you think?

How is it any different than Evolution?

How is it any different than the heel D-X?

How is it any different than The Ministry Of Darkness?

It's his gimmick, he's supposed to play the arrogant, yet cowardly heel.

It doesn't make him seem weak, it makes him seem like a cult leader capable of manipulating the minds of his followers, and it's working, I love his work with Nexus as of late, he does a great job of playing the psychotic cowardly heel.

They should've kept s e s, far better for the role your describing there for punk. What I will say that perhaps the poster was trying to convey, was the lack of dialogue and promos cut by punk with the nexus, as none of them are seen in backstage segments like they were a month ago. Perhaps we can blame it on the 'rushed' nature of the RTW, but I think wwe is failing With the nexus, and the call to denote Husky Harris was a bad one.

How dosen't he benifit? Look at it this way, punk was a main event calibre wrestler before he got injured. But really after he got put on the broadcast team, that kinda stated to me that he really didn't have a storyline. So wwe puts a group kind of like Ses behind him and lets him play the slimeball heel. He's now be in a program with two of the top faces in the company, and got a monster showing at both the rumble and EC. He's now going into mania not for a title, but in a main event grudge match. Sounds like a good deal to me, he gets to be back in the Main event and gets to help some new commers with wrestling and his mic experence. He's a heel mouthpiece for them, its quite simple.

He could have worked the programs with cent and ortom without nexus though. Also, he was on the broadcast team keeping his face on tv while he recovered from injury, at least to keep him in the minds of the viewers. Nexus didn't get him these feuds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back