• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sweet Game/Waste of Time for movie geeks.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Flickchart.com

The idea of this is simple: pit movies against each other and pick which you like better. The site keeps track of your picks and puts together your list of movies. My first two were Chinatown and 10 Things i Hate About You. I picked Chinatown, so that became my #1 with 10 things being my #2. The next two were Fight Club and Vertical Limit. I picked Fight Club, which since it was the second movie that I picked it went to #2, while 10 things fell to 3 and Vertical Limit went to 4. Make sense? I spent about 30 minutes messing with it and got 145 movies in my list. it's really simple but really addictive with little thought to it. You can keep track of top 20, top 50, top 100, top 250 etc. and can set it for just movies in any of those lists, movies you haven't ranked yet, all movies etc. it's really fun. One thing though, for some reason the registration took a bit to get the email to me, but it got there. Try this out, it's very addictive if you're a movie guy.

Yeah it takes about 3-4 hundred picks to really get a list going. Eventually they come up against each other and you get a more legit list.

I think you'll have to do it close to 1,000 times for it to give you a real top 10. Bruce Almighty is in my top 10, mostly because it keeps coming up against things I hate.

Reactions: X
Same here, just joined and the first one I get is Harry Potter 5 against a film I hate. Harry Potter 5 still sits as my number 1 because they don't give me my favs against or they put the other films against ones I like!

Great find KB!

Yeah, it has Gladiator as my 5th favorite movie despite the fact that I don't really even like that movie THAT much. Guessing it's because it keeps pitting it against movies I really hate.

Once you get a bunch of movies that you've rated in your list, you can just mess with those and not have new ones come in. The odds of getting a decent top 10 works a lot better then.

I'm almost scared to see what happens when Showdown in Little Tokyo comes up against Bloodsport.

I rewatched SiLT Jake, I'm scared. Its so ridiculously good.

My main problem is remembering if I've seen stuff and if I should vote for stuff I've seen but I can't remember.

My main problem is remembering if I've seen stuff and if I should vote for stuff I've seen but I can't remember.

True that...plus that straight up ignored two of my account requests...and for a long time they kept Men in Black at the top of my list.

God damn this thing is addicting. Thanks KB for finding me something to do to waste my day at work here.

It's so fun. I tend to mess with my top 20 for a bit, then top 50, 100, whole list, then start over again.

I got frustrated with it when it decided my top 3 favorite movies were Ghostbusters, Back to the Future 2, and Harry Potter.

That's so insulting I couldn't even be bothered to convince it otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back