For those who care (Which is EVERYONE)- The WZ Movie Tournament Seedings YAY!!

The decades are 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s. We're going to be doing 4 of the 16 matchups per day monday through thursday.

I've got it scheduled so that we can power through the first round in a week, and yet there will be four days to discuss each match-up.

Here are the movies I will be 100% solidly behind:

1970’s
2. Taxi Driver
8. The Deer Hunter
10. One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest

1980’s
4. Raging Bull
8. Back to the Future
27. The Karate Kid

1990’s
3. Pulp Fiction
5. Goodfellas
9. Terminator 2: Judgment Day
16. Titanic
26. Good Will Hunting

2000’s
2. The Departed
12. Kill Bill, Vol. 2
30. Superbad

And there are a few films that I would've liked to see on here, but I think Papa Shango did a tremendous job overall putting this list together. The two only real faults to it is that that piece of shit "300" is on it, and I just have no idea how "The Bourne Supremacy" made it over "The Bourne Ultimatum". Maybe it's just me, but Ultimatum > Supremacy in all aspects.

In all honesty... haven't gotten around to Ultimatum yet. I'm waiting for a good Collector's Edition of all three. I figure I liked the first two, I'll like the third. But Supremacy was kick ass-tastic, so I put it in there.

14. A Clockwork Orange vs. 19. Halloween
1. Raider’s of the Lost Ark vs. 32. The Goonies
8. Back to the Future 25. Blade Runner
9. Batman vs. 24. This Is Spinal Tap
14. Aliens vs. 19. The Shining
13. The Shawshank Redemption vs. 20. Fight Club

A couple of great matches there.

I see no Clerks, no Mallrats, no Chasing Amy, no Dogma, no Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, no Jersey Girl, and no Clerks 2, yet I see a piece of crap film like Blair Witch Project which has all but forgotten for the most part, yet to this day I still hear people referencing lines and scenes for Kevin Smith movies, the man is a fucking cultural icon, and yet he's completely left out of this tournament?!? to say I'm highly disappointed would be a huge understatment to say the least

While I think Clearks wouldn't have been out of place in the tournament, the others would be. Chasing Amy is good, as is Clerks 2, but the rest are nothing special. I love them, but they're not great. He's also a terrible director.

I'm surprised A Beautiful Mind didn't make the tournament, that movie is one of my all time favorites, a truly beautiful work of art, and would have been pushed heavily by me

You are joking?

In all honesty... haven't gotten around to Ultimatum yet. I'm waiting for a good Collector's Edition of all three. I figure I liked the first two, I'll like the third. But Supremacy was kick ass-tastic, so I put it in there.

Ultimatum kicks ass, I personally did not like it as much as I liked the second, but still that movie owns. If you watch the entire series from front to back, starting with Identity few other series even come close to matching the power, the intensity, and the storytelling of the Jason Bourne series

Personally I felt Pt.1 of the Kill Bill Duology to be the superior film.

More enjoyable. Vol 2 divides a lot of people. In a Tarantino film that has a lot of talking and several monologues, people expect something quotable. And Vol 2 isn't nowhere near as quotable as Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs & Jackie Brown.

Also isn't it really just one film? Likewise with the Lord Of The Rings.

More enjoyable. Vol 2 divides a lot of people. In a Tarantino film that has a lot of talking and several monologues, people expect something quotable. And Vol 2 isn't nowhere near as quotable as Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs & Jackie Brown.

Also isn't it really just one film? Likewise with the Lord Of The Rings.

When I think of Kill Bill, I just combine the two Volumes. The film was originally supposed to be one big movie (like Dances With Wolves), but it was released in parts so that the audience could get a better feel for the movie and not get so overrun by the massive length

I did. Over a day with a couple of breaks. Horrible.

As individual films, the first is the only one that works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back