For those who care (Which is EVERYONE)- The WZ Movie Tournament Seedings YAY!!

Thank god two of the most overrated films of all time are not in this. American Beauty and Born on the Forth of July. Im looking forward to Batman Vs. This is Spinal Tap.

Why would you put that film in? Yeah there are a couple of definitive films missing. But Field Of Dearms isn't one of them. It's a nothing film.

You won't post in it anyway, so what does it matter?

thats ridiculous anyways... Field Of Dreams is a way better film than Bull Durham.

I will post in it.. Defending Jerry Maguire, Goodfella's and One Flew Over the Cuckoos nest

[youtube]3aifeXlnoqY[/youtube]

Walsh: Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.

Man with Knife: You're a very nosy fellow, kitty cat. Huh? You know what happens to nosy fellows? Huh? No? Wanna guess? Huh? No? Okay. They lose their noses. [flicks knife, cutting open Jake's nostril] Next time you lose the whole thing. Cut it off and feed it to my goldfish. Understand? Understand!?

Mrs. Mulwray: Tell me, Mr. Gittes: Does this often happen to you?
Gittes: What's that?
Mrs. Mulwray: Well, I'm judging only on the basis of one afternoon and an evening, but, uh, if this is how you go about your work, I'd say you'd be lucky to, uh, get through a whole day.
Gittes: Actually, this hasn't happened to me for a long time.
Mrs. Mulwray: When was the last time?
Gittes: Why?
Mrs. Mulwray: It's an innocent question.
Gittes: In Chinatown.
Mrs. Mulwray: What were you doing there?
Gittes: Working for the District Attorney.
Mrs. Mulwray: Doing what?
Gittes: As little as possible.
Mrs. Mulwray: The District Attorney gives his men advice like that?
Gittes: They do in Chinatown.

thats ridiculous anyways... Field Of Dreams is a way better film than Bull Durham.

Untrue in every way, shape, and form.

Robert Wuhl would fuck up James Earl Jones.

Hey, I just realized that there are TWO Robert Wuhl movies in the tournament. How the hell did that guy fuck up his career? Oh, right. Arliss.

Loach: What happened to your nose, Gittes? Somebody slam a bedroom window on it?
Gittes: Nope, your wife got excited. She crossed her legs a little too quick. You understand what I mean, pal?

I'm hoping he was referring to the beginning of my war with every other movie in the tournament.

i can't remember now...indeed i should go to bed? who knows

Why would you bother warring with every other movie in the tournament? Wouldn't your time be best served campaigning exclusively in the 70's bracket?

I was going to say that, but I realized that if I am successful it will go on to face the top in other brackets.

Probably not gonna happen. I know I ranked Chinatown fifth in the bracket, but the truth is that you're gonna have to campaign hard if you want it to beat The Godfather, Star Wars, or Rocky, which personally I think are the three films most likely to win the bracket.

Course, the plus side, if enough people lend their support to Chinatown, then a few people may actually go out and rent it. As far as I'm concerned, if just ONE person goes out of their way to see a movie recommended to them during the tournament, and it turns out to become one of their all time favorites, then the tournament will be a success.

I know, I'm setting my expectations very low.

On a personal note, I plan to judge films on more of a personal level rather than judging them on how many awards they won or how well they did at the box office before I cast a vote. While don't totally agree with the roster, their are a number of movies that made the list that I do enjoy and I will be pushing heavily. On the other hand their are a number of movies that made the list that I did not enjoy, and will not be voting for.

Probably not gonna happen. I know I ranked Chinatown fifth in the bracket, but the truth is that you're gonna have to campaign hard if you want it to beat The Godfather, Star Wars, or Rocky, which personally I think are the three films most likely to win the bracket.

I know their huge films that everyone will identify with, but I think that at least two of them are overrated and that Star Wars by itself can't beat Chinatown.

When I say can't beat, I mean it probably will be beat, but I think that Chinatown is better.

The films I plan to push more than others are One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Halloween, ET, Empire Strikes Back, The Sixth Sense, Titanic, Million Dollar Baby, and The Bourne Supremacy (among others)

*sigh* somebody explain to me how in the blue fucking hell this man
kevin-smith-heroes-origins.jpg
is not represented in this tournament at all

I see no Clerks, no Mallrats, no Chasing Amy, no Dogma, no Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, no Jersey Girl, and no Clerks 2, yet I see a piece of crap film like Blair Witch Project which has all but forgotten for the most part, yet to this day I still hear people referencing lines and scenes for Kevin Smith movies, the man is a fucking cultural icon, and yet he's completely left out of this tournament?!? to say I'm highly disappointed would be a huge understatment to say the least

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back