• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Survivor Series: The perfect "opportunity"?

bringitback

Occasional Pre-Show
With the way that Survivor Series is shaping up, and judging from recent wrestlezone reports stating that creative is setting up for Wade Barrett to go over Randy Orton at Survivor Series, is this the perfect opportunity for The Miz to cash in his MITB briefcase?

Now before we start this discussion, yes, I realise that before every PPV it is thrown around that this should be The Miz's chance to finally take his shot. But for me, this seems to be the right time to give The Miz the proverbial "ball".

The Nexus/John Cena/Randy Orton situation is going to continue regardless of whether or not the WWE title is involved or not. Also, The Miz is currently basically feudless and appears to be hanging around and waiting for something to happen. If Barrett is to beat Orton and relieve Cena of his Nexus duties, this scenario would allow that storyline to continue, but also would give Barrett a chance to gain more experience before being given the strap, which is inevitably going to happen in the future.

Also, if other reports are to believed, it seems that Wrestlemania this year will be headlined by Cena/Orton and Taker/Barrett...neither which will need titles to be involved to make sense or to draw...this may just be an opportunity to give Miz a decent run with the gold until Mania and a further freshen up the Main Event scene.

So what do you think? Is Survivor Series a good time for Miz to take the next step? Or should the Barrett/Cena/Orton situation continue with the WWE title at stake?

Hmmm. Wade Barrett is most likely going to win the title at Survivor Series, because Cena is obviously gonna keep his job. This means The Miz, who is a young up and coming heel, would have to cheat another young up and coming heel out of the title; that's simply not right.

Not only would it severely hurt Barrett's credibility, but it's not gonna get The Miz very over as a heel; i mean, so what? He's screwing a bad guy out of the title...the best course of action would be to have Barrett win, hold onto it for a couple months, have a big babyface defeat finally defeat him, have Miz screw the babyface out of the title seconds after just in time for Wrestlemania. Then, at Wrestlemania, The Miz could retain and gain a lot of credibility, starting a solid title run. This avoids Cena having to leave, and helps The Miz get over even more as a heel.

Here's how i feel this is all going to play ou. I feel that Nexus will interfere in the matchup and Cena will have to decide to disqualify them or not. Then after the match John Cena does beat the hell out of Barrett like Cena said he would do on Raw. Then after the beatdown you have Miz run in and take the title off of Barrett by cashing in. Then at TLC I could see them having a tables match between Miz and Barett which Miz ends up winning. Then Taker can come back arouind elination chamber fight Barett you could have orton and cena feud and then Miz if he holds 0onto the title could face a royal rumble winner

I actually thought of this myself as soon as I heard the "you're free or you're fired" stipulation. Then when Cena told Barrett he'd kick his a$$ after raising his hand in victory, it all came together.

Cena screws Orton and gives Barrett the title. Barrett says he's a man of his word and Cena is released, leaving Cena free to attack Barrett and lay him out. Suddenly we hear the music....."AWESOME!!!!!". Miz runs to the ring. Cena, who is already in a ref's jersey, calls for the bell, and then with a huge grin on his face counts the 1,2,3 on Barrett.

With Sheamus seemingly in a feud with Morrison and Cena/Barrett having to continue, Orton needs something to do after SS. He's more fun chasing the belt anyway, so we get an Orton/Miz feud over the title with Miz as champ

I simply see the following happening

Survivor Series: Cena screws orton out of the title so he could keep his job

TLC: Some senerio comes up with nexus cena & orton with Orton facing Barret in a Tables match or TLC match

Royal Rumble: Randy Orton vs Wade Barret last man standing or some type of Stip match, after the match Miz Cashes in MTIB and beats the champion, then later in the night miz enters the royal rumble and wins becoming WWE Champion and RR winner in one night, so now we see a WWE champion facing the World Heavyweight Champion at wrestlemania for a title unification

AND BAM MIZ IS THE UNIFIED WWE CHAMPION:lol:

Really? I believe that report said that the Orton vs. Cena match would be for the title, so I don't see Miz being champion by then. Unless, he wins the title soon and loses it back to Orton or Cena by then. Another thing is that I'm not sure that Vince is ready for Miz to main event WrestleMania. To be honest, I think that they have made him look like a fool over the last month. I guess that they could be doing in order for him winning the title to seem like a surprise, but that's not a good way to make the guy who would be champion to look.

I actually like the matches that they are thinking of right now. Taker vs. Barrett makes a hell of alot more sense than Taker vs. Sheamus, especially after Bragging Rights. I think that Orton vs. Cena is a no-brainer as well since they are the top two stars on Raw. Perhaps 'Mania is the place for Cena's heel turn just like Austin at 17. He loses. He freaks out and destroys Orton after the match. Miz cashes in and leaves WrestleMania as champion.

Personally if they really want the Miz to be their go-to heel in the future, I'd do it at wrestlemania. It wouldn't work at survivor series either way because if he cashed it in on orton after he won, barret would start going for Miz and that doesn't really work, Miz isn't an orton beat the shit out of everyone type. And besides it would be Nexus against Miz ie heel/heel and that doesn't work in this climate. I think the last time that happened was royal rumble, orton vs sheamus and it wasn't engaging for the viewer.

Now if the Miz cashed in on barrett if he won, then you'd get the same outcome, nexus going after Miz for stealing the title from barrett, doesnt work. Now the fact is either barrett is going to win OR orton will win and Cena will turn heel and find a way to stay in nexus ORRRRRR, and yes I am going to call this........you ready........ SURE........I'M PROPOSING................THAT THE MYSTERY GM WILL BE REVEALED AT SURVIVOR SERIES!!!, THERE I SAID IT. Thats my call and I'm making it now.

I dont think the Miz will win the belt yet..... because I feel nexus need the title to keep the story focused on them. Then I think that orton and cena are going to feud with nexus and each other and at the next PPV it will be a triple threat match, barrett vs orton vs cena. Who wins that I'm not sure, probably barrett again. I honestly dont see Miz cashing in any time soon because story wise it wouldnt make sense. He can't feud with orton becuase he's got no beef with ortn, same with the cena, only guy he could feud is barrett and as I already stated it doesnt make any sense that way.

I personally think and I'll stand by this that if orton and cena face each other at thye big WM the miz will cash in on the winner, it's the best way to put him over easily. It's a guaranteed fast-track to the big time and it makes the most sense out of any other outcome IMO.

When Miz cashes in, it's more likely going to be cashed in on a face to generate heat. Heels cashing in on heels isn't really the best idea, think Swagger on Jericho. No heat, no nothing really. Would have been better to take the belt off Edge at Wrestlemania than Jericho a week later. No, I don't think Miz will cash in on Barrett, or at all at Survivor Series. Besides, the focus of this match is on Nexus and Cena, Miz cashing in at this time would probably be overlooked because of it.

My scenario for the whole angle would be to have Cena reluctantly let Barrett win, and then attack him after the match, but TLC will see Orton get his rematch and Barrett will win again with help from Nexus who also stop Cena from costing Barrett the title. Barrett refuses to GIVE Cena a title shot until he earns it, and the GM agrees saying Cena will have to win the rumble to earn his shot at Barrett. Cena enters the Rumble but is screwed out of winning by Nexus.( Miz wins the Rumble and says he will fight the Smackdown champ maybe Edge? at Wrestlemania) Cena can get one more chance at a title shot with Barrett, but he must win an Elimination Chamber match with him and 5 members of Nexus at the EC ppv. Super Cena wins, possibly because of some arguing and fighting between Otunga and Nexus members in the chamber, and we get the most awaited match of the year Cena vs. Barrett at Wrestlemania which is where I feel a match with this much build up deserves to take place.

Cena beats Barrett at Wrestlemania and is then attacked by Nexus after the match... the new World Heavyweight Champion Miz comes down holding his briefcase and cashes in to beat Cena and win both world titles at Wresltmania, because he is the Miz and he is AWESOME!

My scenario's a little bit different. I say Cena should attack Orton AND Barrett, throw them out of the ring, and count them both out(they could get around the Wade Barrett/WWE Title situation somehow). Then at TLC, we have Orton vs Barrett in a TLC Match where there MUST be a winner. But, Miz comes out DURING the match after a big spot that takes out both guys, cashes in, climbs the ladder, and wins the title!!!

I don't think Cena will turn yet because he already said he wants Barrett after everything is over. I'd love to see Orton retain because of Cena, then have Barrett fire Cena, then reveal the Mystery GM to save Cena and have Barrett and Cena feud for a while. Then have Orton defend his title the next night on Raw and have Miz cash in. Then have all 4 of these guys going after the title. Unlikely because the WWE doesn't seem to like to do anything major on Raw nowadays but this is the kind of thing that would bring me back to when wrestling was unpredictable and the stories all intertwined.

I think the way the match should go is to have Barrett win the title at Survivor Series. Cena can walk away from Nexus. Then RKO can have his title rematch guaranteed. Then that way Miz can be thrown into the mix. But the way things have been floating around, of a possible Barrett/Taker feud for WM 27? But that's still a ways away, let's stick to the next month or two for now. In all honesty, I'm for new talent getting a shot, but as much as Miz is fun to watch, this would be a great opportunity for him to LOSE his MITB chance especially with Barrett being the one if he wins the belt. In the old catch phrase of Hurricane Helms..."I'm just sayin...."

Here's mine. A little different than everyone else's.

Kane defeats Edge (probably by cheating) at Survivor Series. This brings the Edge/Kane match at TLC. Edge wins cleanly, but barely. Miz hits the ring and wins the belt from Edge.

Miz then talks about Edge's problems with him (when he stated it on Raw.) He also talks about how no one on Raw appreciates him, and that he never got that lack of respect when he was on Smackdown.

Smackdown's new #1 heel-Miz.

I think the way the match should go is to have Barrett win the title at Survivor Series. Cena can walk away from Nexus. Then RKO can have his title rematch guaranteed. Then that way Miz can be thrown into the mix. But the way things have been floating around, of a possible Barrett/Taker feud for WM 27? But that's still a ways away, let's stick to the next month or two for now. In all honesty, I'm for new talent getting a shot, but as much as Miz is fun to watch, this would be a great opportunity for him to LOSE his MITB chance especially with Barrett being the one if he wins the belt. In the old catch phrase of Hurricane Helms..."I'm just sayin...."

i like this idea :lol: i think miz should be the first one to cash in and lose!! i mean i like him, not as much a everyone else, but i cannot take him serious as a maineventer. although he has improved he still needs a little more. i think he needs a good fued before this happens.

The Miz cashing in at SS makes good sense. But not on Barrett or Orton. He will cash in on Edge. Yup thats right. I'm a fan of a Kane but let's face it Smackdown needs some help right noew. Undertaker costs Kane the title via special effects and Edge is our new champ. Miz cashes in and we have a fued that can carry the brand for a couple months.

No Rey, Taker, Punk or any credible heel just makes this sound even more probable. Can you think of any reason to watch Smackdown right now? I can't but this would do it.

I actually thought of this myself as soon as I heard the "you're free or you're fired" stipulation. Then when Cena told Barrett he'd kick his a$$ after raising his hand in victory, it all came together.

Cena screws Orton and gives Barrett the title. Barrett says he's a man of his word and Cena is released, leaving Cena free to attack Barrett and lay him out. Suddenly we hear the music....."AWESOME!!!!!". Miz runs to the ring. Cena, who is already in a ref's jersey, calls for the bell, and then with a huge grin on his face counts the 1,2,3 on Barrett.

With Sheamus seemingly in a feud with Morrison and Cena/Barrett having to continue, Orton needs something to do after SS. He's more fun chasing the belt anyway, so we get an Orton/Miz feud over the title with Miz as champ

This is honestly what I see happening as well. Of course I would add Cena AAing Miz and Riley too after the match.

And as far as heel cashing in on heel. I dont see a problem with that. You have to remember no one in the locker room likes Nexus. They're a separate faction that are a different set of heels then the rest of the locker room. And the WWE is on the same page when it comes to the Nexus and that is they have got to go.

Yeah this is the time. We've covered this once before in another thread.

Cena helps Barrett win. Cena lays out Barrett. Miz cashes in.

Perfect scenerio, unless they keep the cash in for RAW. WWE has a history of giving lesser draws a championship run during this time of the year. They have a the holiday season coming, which usually gives them a small break. A bunch of 3 hour shows coming, which could be draws. Royal Rumble is always a good draw due to the concept. This is the time of year to let someone like Miz make a run.

Miz seems to mention how it's a guaranteed world title run since he's carrying the MIB case. Eventually someone has to cash-in and fail. Unfortunately, I think Miz could be that someone. He has too much potential, so losing his opportunity wouldnt damage him as bad as one would think. Granted they continue pushing him the way they have the past several months.

I'd like to take this time to consider a totally different scenerio!

Here we go! Barrett wins via quick pinfall and a fast count by Cena. But it ain't over yet folks!

Cena gets set free but he's still in the ref uniform and he's an "official" ref for the night.

He beats Barrett to a pulp, Miz goes to cash it in, but there's a problem. Randy Orton is invoking his MANDATORY rematch clause... RIGHT NOW. Orton wins the "Triple Threat" match by pinning Barrett after Cena takes care of The Miz.

This allows for the IMPORTANT things to continue:

Cena keeps his job
The Miz can claim he was SCREWED and not lose any momentum as a future main eventer. This will allow him to continue to build more credibility and build his character.

Of course that still leaves Wade and Nexus in the picture but did anyone honestly believe they'd be out of the picture in 1 night?

Just an outside the box thought! I know someone has said something about Orton using a rematch at some point but how many times has someone used it THAT night in recent memory? my 2 Cents

My, my, we do all have fertile minds today. Unless creative does something bizarre and idiotic, Barrett walks out SS champ. Miz can't, as pointed out, then cash in because a) he would over a heel, not enough to make him legit ME. b) It would put the nexus focus on him, which would make a situation involving orton and cena too complicated and mean heel v heel - which simply won't happen. Oh and for the brightspark who said cena could layout Barrett after the match, that won't happen, as it would mean cena taking a hiatus which would kill the current vibe over the turn.

Orton gets a rematch at TLC - now, here, without the need for outside assistance might be an opportunity, but again same problem B as above. The only logical occasion, and i know logic has nothing to do with booking, is at EC. By then Cena will be caught up feuding as a heel with orton anyway. Barrett, if Taker is a go for Mania, will need to drop the title at the latest that ppv, as there is no way VKM is going to risk put the strap on Taker again given his upcoming retirement and recent injury.

If Miz walks into Mania as Champ, facing maybe JoMo, then it always wwe to increase his profile as champ and in a high profile match, while having enough good draw nontitle matches around as co-ME Cena v Orton, Barrett v Taker, that there is a safety net there in case Miz, as I expect, blows as champ.

Ok. I know Miz has a lot of momentum and all, but can you honestly see Wade Barrett losing his title to anyone NOT named John Cena? Keep in mind that Wade has psychologically destroyed Cena (something that hasn't been done to Cena) and has more on screen time in one week than the entire Raw mid-card (including the Miz). Do you really think they would just chuck the title to someone else not involved in the angle? This is the same title that Wade as been forcing Cena to help him get. :disappointed:

I think Barrett will win at Survivor Series...... then Orton gets his rematch at TLC where he wins d title back..... then at TLC d Miz cashes in d briefcase and wins d title..... then we can have Cena versus barrett which does not require the title to be in d picture and RKO versus Miz for the title....... barrett can be brought into d title picture immediately after wrestlemania..... i still think undertaker if he's available at WM should face a heel HHH...... just my thoughts....

With it being so blatantly obvious that Barrett has to win and therefore allow Cena to keep his job (i doubt they're going to hold cena off TV with a "fired" angle) I feel WWE is going to pull a little swerve. Sure Cena said he was going to beat Barrett down after winning. But, what if, during an intense staredown following the match... Cena shakes Barrett's hand. I mean... what else could this "greater picture" possibly be?

Then the Miz's music hits, and instantly the crowd goes nuts (after witnessing what just happened), and Miz starts his push towards the top face. In my opinion, the Miz can get over as either a heel or face, and if the WWE turns their top babyface, they're going to have to compensate. What better catchphrase than I'M AWESOME do you need as a good guy? Then you'll have orton/miz vs. cena/barrett however you wanna pair them off, and it will certainly change things up in the main event scene.

anyway, just trying to think outside the box here. WWE has gotten disgustingly stale over the last year, outside of the nexus angle, and they need SOMETHING to change.

I can definitely see Cena do something to help Barrett win the title...while Barrett celebrates, Cena beats the living hell out of him, then Miz comes in to take the title. This puts Cena and Orton in a program, and Barrett/Nexus vs. Miz/Alex Riley. Maybe some sort of NXT rivalry develops between Riley & the newcomer Nexus members, throw Otunga into the mix...maybe he does something to screw over Barrett, and Miz gets a title and a couple of NXT-ers to watch his back.

Or hey, maybe Cena helps Barrett win, then still helps out Nexus and stays with them; then you have your Cena monster heel turn, and HHH comes in to save the day. You never know...

I would say that it's not the perfect opportunity for Miz to cash in. If Barrett wins, then the man deserves to have a title reign. Miz cashing in immediately would render Barrett's win and push to be pointless. Miz could hold onto the MITB until Elimination Chamber or even Wrestlemania. I say that during THAT timeframe would be the perfect opportunity for him rather than now. I know you all want to see him cash in, but be patient. It needs to be at the right time. The Barrett/Cena angle could continue into a title feud if Barrett wins at Survivor Series, and Miz could still get involved later on. He should not cash in until either the perfect chance pops up or until they need for him to because once they use up his cash-in then it's gone. They need to save it for later until the timing is perfect.

I cant see the miz cashing in on ss because as its been said it will make barretts big push seem pointless! Think cena will finally be revealed as the real leader of the nexus at ss, helping barrett win the title and we will have a good fued continue with the nexus and orton eventually with orton - cena at mania! You could have the undertaker come back and cost Barrett the title at ec because of what happened at bragging rights?! (which hasnt really been mentioned which is weird) and push their match at mania making the undertaker 19-0!

I think the miz will cash in before mania but how good would it be for him to cash it in and win then have the winner of the mitb match at mania cash it in on the miz the same night????

Also someone mentioned that he could cash it on Egde if he beats Kane but I was under the impression that he can only cash it in on the raw champ because he won the raw mitb match????!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back