WWE Survivor Series 2011 - Team Orton vs Team Barrett

Very bad traditional Survivor Series match, in my humble opinion.

First of all, there is no Orton-Barrett rivalry, so Team Orton vs. Team Barrett seems odd. It would've made much more sense as Team Rhodes or Team Christian, since he's the self-proclaimed leader of the SmackDown locker room.

Second, Kofi Kingston has no business being in that match. Him there with out Bourne is just plain awkward. That should be Daniel Bryan's spot. Then it would've made some sense as:

Rhodes-Orton
Christian-Sheamus
Barrett-Bryan
Hunico-Cara
Swagger-Ryan

Not perfect, but at least believable.

Just asking a question but back in the late 80s and early 90s did all the ppv make sense? No that is what used to be cool about PPV is not every match was built up and seen a thousand times and you got special attraction matches that made me want to order more ppv.

Wrestling was different back then, it wasn't the 'soap opera' we see now. There was no Raw or Smackdown to develop storylines. Its lazy booking plain and simple.

Orton - Rhodes
Sheamus - Christian
Bryan - Barrett
Si Cara - Hunico
Jackson - Mahal

All Smackdown superstars, 4 have heat with each other, much more sense. Then do a Raw one aswell.

this match is a traditional elimination match.no problem with that.but the team captains,there is a problem,orton is the captain for his time,and wwe made barrett the team leader for the other.may i remind that right now orton is in a rivalry with cody rhodes.cody should be team leader,not barrett,because the last time that barrett and orton had a feud was survivor series of last year.take barrett out of being teram leader and cody in his place

To claim that this match means nothing is complete and utter rubbish!

This match features feuds from both brands (Orton/Rhodes, Christian/Sheamus, Sin Cara/Hunico, Kingston/Swagger) and I believe it will be a great tag team match.

Wade Barrett is the perfect guy to lead a Survivor Series tag team. He fits the bill perfectly and is truly believable as a leader. Rhodes, in my opinion, at this stage doesn't come off as a leader of a team. And with his current gimmick he comes off as an outsider/loner that doesn't interact with others.

The one obvious issue is the fact that it is Team Orton vs Team Barrett. Now I know what I said earlier but I think what needed to happen was Barrett team up with Rhodes and attack/beat Orton, setting up a co-captained type team. I believe they should have built the Barrett/Orton feud a little more before announcing this match.

I still have no problem with this match and I am looking forward to it!

Should be a fun match. A lot of people are complaining that it's random, but we don't know the whole story yet. They'll build up to it. It'll be fun. It's good guys vs bad guys, in wrestling logic, good guys hang out with good guys and are at least buddies, same with bad guys. Shit is checkers it ain't chess.

I really think this could be an interesting match in who will be the final survivor. All the guys have at least some shot. You could build up whoever wins this match into something more. I guess the obvious ones to last would be Orton, Sheamus, Christian, and probably Barrett at this rate. I would rather see Rhodes defend the belt, so that could be built up. But maybe Rhodes gets the win here to add another element to his character. So while, the teams are kind of randomly put together, I still think there's stories to be told. And with a 3 hour RAW on Monday night, maybe some of the guys will be able to interact with each other. We can't just have the Rock for all three hours can we?

I think that this will be a good match, given the personal history that many of the faces have with the heels. Two things that bother me about this match are:

I don't see the point of Sin Cara and Hunico in this match. I would rather prefer if they have some separate match involving Primo/Epico/Hunico vs Sin Cara and some guys(like Usos).

Now that Christian is supposedly injured, will replace be replaced or will he be in the match and be eliminated quickly. I think that it will be the latter if he is able to perform.

Anyway, i think that team Barrett will win and lead to a Barrett-Orton feud and Sheamus will move to the title picture.

With Christain out with a leg injury, i dont think hed perform or a quick and i mean quick elimination, if he doesnt compete than hed likely be replaced by Ziggler,
also more survivor series matches need to be added, seriously just 1 isnt good enough, we need atleast 3 for it truely be the survivor series

Team Barrett has a lot more to lose in this match if they lose to Team Orton. Barrett's push is beginning to take off, Rhodes is going over Orton and Ziggler is holding onto the United States Championship still. Orton and Sheamus will be fine with a loss here!

I see Team Barrett still stealing the win here to not make Orton or Sheamus look too weak on SmackDown! I think it'll end with Barrett and Rhodes teaming up on Super Orton to get the win here or something. Should still be a nice match including several stories that have been going on for a while now.

It's a damn shame that Christian's injured and removed from the match but having Ziggler wrestle two matches can benefit him, especially if he ends up being one of the survivors for his team. I agree that Team Barrett really needs to win here especially since the pushes of those on Team Barrett are starting to set in. Especially Barrett who beat Orton on Friday. Should be a very fun match.

My prediction is that Team Barrett takes the win here with the survivors being Barrett, Rhodes, and maybe Ziggler.

I think Team Orton wins. With Barrett beating Sheamus and Orton in singles matches on Smackdown. I cant see them not beating Barrett team at SS.

I'm not too much in love with traditional Survivor Series match ups. They usually feature the same type of build up and not much else. With that said, there are a lot of guys in this match with huge amounts of potential. This match features the Superstars of tomorrow. On Barrett's team you have a very solid line up with the United States Champion Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, Hunico, Jack Swagger and of course their team leader Wade Barrett. I loved how they incoporated Barrett's history with leading teams and factions. It played a solid role here. In the other corner features Randy Orton's team of Sheamus, Kofi Kinston, Sin Cara and the shitty Mason Ryan. Not too bad either.

But all in all, this match features some very great talent and has the potential to be a very very very good Survivor Series match up. I see Randy Orton's team winning simply because faces usually seem to win these type matches. However, Orton's team features faces that are very over at the moment and I'm more than sure it won't hurt their momentum or crediilty to be defeated here while Team Barrett have a lot more to lose.

Hamler's Prediction - Team Barrett will defeat Team Orton.

Ah yes, the traditional Survivor Series matches. I always look forward to these no matter who is in them because I love tag team elimination matches. Barrett is on a huge roll as of recently and I can see that continuing. Orton will remain over if he loses here but will still put up a fight. Team Barrett emerges victorious after last eliminating Randy Orton due to Wade needing a big win in this match. Should be an awesome match!

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Team Barrett will defeat Team Orton

this match will be a lot of fun. You have a mix of big-time guys and mid card fliers. So my 2 favorite forms of elimination tags. Too bad Bourne had to fuck up and get suspended, I like the dive-trains that we could have seen (and should still see really).

If there is one word I can use to describe how I predict this match, it would be "fun".

Don't care who wins, they have a plan so if barrett loses, he'll bitch that it was his team's fault and that as a solo guy, he's better. If he wins, he's the shit. Either way they can make it work.

i really don't have much a preference as to who wins, as long as the match delivers. they have a handful of interesting feuds in here and if christian is ringside again tonight, with vicki, some interesting things are bound to go down.
what i would really love to see happen here is rhodes eliminating orton. cody hasnt gotten a significant win over randy throughout their feud, so if they do this randy doesn't suffer a solo loss to cody and cody still comes out looking good.
at the same time, randy has that record of always being the last member left on his team which is very interesting, and they could be wanting to add to that record, meaning cody could win the match (if they listen to me at least ;)

Traditional Survivor Series matches really don't do anything for me now a days, but this should be a solid match. Randy Orton is still pretty over with the fans, and he has had an outstanding year in 2011. He really doesn't need a win here, but things are different, when you think about Wade Barrett. Wade Barrett hasn't received any major material since last year, and he hasn't done anything memorable in months, so he could use a momentum building win here. I'm picking Team Barrett as the winner here, and Wade Barrett could receive a stronger push after this pay per view. This doesn't excite me too much, but both teams should deliver an entertaining match tonight.

Very weird Orton Vs Barret this storyline doesn`t make sense, since when is orton a rival with barret i have not noticed it. Just throwing a bunch of wrestlers together. Disappointed in the WWE again.

I agree. SS is suppose to involve captains who have been feuding, who have a history together. It feels incredibly akward the way the orton rhodes feud ended and yet didn`t and know rhodes is there, but not the captain makes no sense. :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back