SummerSlam: C.M. Punk vs. JBL

I still think they can't do CM Punk versus JBL...because not only have they already done it, but it was boring as hell the first time.

For all everyone says about Summerslam being the "second biggest ppv of the year".....they sure as hell never really show that. The Royal Rumble match alone is usually better than Summerslam's entire ppv combined.

Simply put, Punk vs JBL will not put asses in the seats. Punk vs Kane has a better shot, but even that isn't really that great of a draw. A triple threat...meh........then there's also the option of Punk vs Regal, but that isn't worthy of the supposed "2nd biggest ppv of the year" either.

No matter what, I think we need Kane to take the title here by going apeshit and putting the mask back on (or whatever they're planning for him). We need something new, as we can't just have every single Raw episode from now on being "the five people get on the mic at the beginning of the show, argue about who is the #1 contender, all attack each other, are put into a tag team, and Punk somehow defeats them by DQ, Countout, or interference". That's already getting boring.

Well, I originally thought that there would be an Elimination Chamber, until they announced Hell in a Cell and Cena vs Batista.

My guess is Kane will end up facing JBL in a grudge match (shudder), leaving Y2J open to face CM Punk. I don't think Shawn Michaels will be back for SummerSlam if WWE really wants to sell that "career ending" injury. Chances are Y2J will come close to winning until Michaels interferes, allowing CM Punk to escape again with the title.

Another option is a Fatal 4 Way match with Y2J, JBL and Kane competing for the title. Again, I think HBK will interfere to screw Y2J out of the belt and then their feud will culminate at Unforgiven.

With Batista vs Cena and not announcing the World title match yet , I think it will be CM Punk vs the returning Randy Orton.Y2J will face HBK to end their feud maybe in I Quit match.JBL vs Kane or somethnig like this to reveal Kane's mask or if Orton dont wrestle at SS it will be Triple Threat for the World title Pun kvs JBL vs Kane.But if it will, why the didn't announced yet? Hope for CM Punk vs Orton and Orton to win the title.

Now that we have Batista vs. Cena I hope I Don't have to see a triple threat involving JBL vs. Kane vs. Punk. It won't be a huge draw. SS is a big PPV WWE can't waste it with matches like that. I Pray for Orton's Return now. We have a HIAC but this is WHC we r talking about folks. I just can't c wat WWE wants 2 do with this angle.

What is up with Summerslam??? Who cares about The Great Kahli and HHH??? And CM Punk and JBL, and dont even get me started on Batista and Cena, boring!!!!!! The only decent fight is Edge Vs Undertaker and thats a bit old too. Even I am looking forward to Ortons return, and I cant stand him.

They completely ruined it. They could of had 2 HIAC matches, Edge vs Taker and Punk/Kane/Cena/JBL/Batista and maybe 1 more for the title. Would of made Summerslam worth buying. Now i dont really feel like its worth it besides the HIAC (though i feel like thats late now)

Your a fan of gimmick matches aren't you? Two HIAC cell matches? Why on earth would you want to of the same gimmick matches on one card? It's not like they're not going to be very similar. Gone are the days when somebody will jump off the cell.

With the Cena/Batista match now happening I'm sure we'll be seeing Punk/JBL gain. It's ok. Nothing special. No Kane involved in this one. He'll take out Batista in his match. So the WHC will get a match probably in the middle of the card, and it'll probably get little reaction.

I'm beginning to think we aren't even going to get a World Heavyweight Championship match. To be completely honest, I could willingly see Adamle "forget" to even book one. It'll be great too, as I won't have to endure more shit Punk matches against one or more guys that he never should've been in the ring with.

If we end up getting a Championship match, I'm completely hoping it'd be Chris Jericho and/or William Regal. And the odds of either of those matches happening are just NOT going to be. Jericho and H.B.K. is going to be a lock as of next Monday, I'm practically sure of that. Meanwhile, Regal likely won't be seeing the inside of a Championship Main Event p.p.v. match short of being the guy who booked it.

If I have to sit through another J.B.L. v. C.M. Punk match, I'm gonna be sick. Literally. Punk would likely get the face-value victory over the guy who defeated Cena a month ago, completely killing anything J.B.L. had, yet somehow managing to not hurt his credibility because J.B.L. sucks.

If a big man MUST be involved, I'd at least like to see Kane against Punk. Why? Because it's yet to happen, and they were pushing it in E.C.W. for a while, so why not. Also, give Kane the title. :lmao:

I have already put up a post on this topic but, now that they have announced Cena vs Batista, I think they will have yet another JBL vs CM Punk match with Punk getting a clean victory over JBL which would be BULL SHIT because JBL just had a clean victory over Cena last month. Hopefully they will go a different way with Jericho being in the contest too. Then, this match wouldn't be as bad. But, CM Punk would most likely still beat them both which would also be BULL SHIT because they both had victories over top superstars at the last PPV.

Right now, it looks like the only 3 options they have that won't be a total, total bore:

1. CM Punk versus Chris Jericho = But that also will suffer, because we know HBK would screw Jericho out of the win, so Punk once again looks like a weak champion...which may be their intention anyway.

2. CM Punk versus Kane = But only if two things happen. One, he needs to have done the storyline reveal. That story has just almost phased out of existence already, as they don't focus on it, and there hasn't been a payoff yet. Two, Kane has to win the title.

3. CM Punk versus Randy Orton = Best option, especially if Orton takes the title from him.

As I stated before, Punk needs to get out of the title picture and put in an "upper midcard" feud. His reign started off as kind of interesting, but now its just pathetic, as everything revolves around "who is the #1 contender and the next person to lose to Punk via DQ, countout, or interference?", not "CM Punk is the new champion and man is he ever beating the competition left and right". I'd love to see something along the lines of a heel (Orton, Kane, or Jericho...not Regal or JBL) becoming champion, holding the title until Survivor Series and dropping it to Cena/HBK...then having Edge win the Royal Rumble and challenge the Raw champ (Cena or HBK) for WrestleMania. That would be a fantastic main event, as HBK always steals the show, but if it was Cena/Edge, the two have learned a lot since their previous feud and have become two of the top five guys in the business right now.

It's a bit of a mess at the moment. Before this weeks Raw, you had Cena, Batista, JBL and perhaps even Kane as potential number one contenders.

This week saw Cena and Batista taken out of the mix, but Jericho adding himself to the list.

It seems unlikely that Jericho would get a title shot, due to his feud with HBK. The only real way around that would be to have a Cade vs HBK Summerslam match, but there doesn't seem to be much sense in that.

I think a triple threat Punk vs Kane vs JBL match is most likely, unless Kane's 'Alive or Dead' story reaches some sort of climax.

It's a bit of a mess at the moment. Before this weeks Raw, you had Cena, Batista, JBL and perhaps even Kane as potential number one contenders.

This week saw Cena and Batista taken out of the mix, but Jericho adding himself to the list.

It seems unlikely that Jericho would get a title shot, due to his feud with HBK. The only real way around that would be to have a Cade vs HBK Summerslam match, but there doesn't seem to be much sense in that.

I think a triple threat Punk vs Kane vs JBL match is most likely, unless Kane's 'Alive or Dead' story reaches some sort of climax.

i agree with you there.
it seems that thats the direction their going towards after seeing raw last night.
in my opionion its a pretty awful choice especailly when summerslam is suppose to be the 2nd biggest ppv of the year.
the only way i can enjoy this match if is kane wins and pulls his mask out of the bag puts it on and does his kaboom thing to end the show that would be a pretty cool way for it to end.
:rasta:

How about...

A five man inferno match.

CM Punk V Kane V JBL V Jericho V Winner of Cena/Batista match.

Staged under elimination rules.

Kane has his face Kayfabe burned and goes under the ring with the bag, comes back out masked, decimates everyone, setting them all on fire. Adamle declares Kane the winner (As Adamle forgot the rules of the match). Kane is new WHC.

Nah, WWE would never do anything that cool.

Okay this is my theory and I have doing some research here on wrestlezone cause I'm seeing summerslam live, so yeah anyways I think its going to be this : JBL v. CM Punk v. John Cena v. Batista v. Kane for the world heavyweight title. This is coming only because these 5 men have been fueding with each other since well GAB so the John Cena v. Batista match prolly wouldnt work because two weeks isnt long enough to build up a great match the 5 way dance would be great !!

I'm kinda of seeing it another way, i'm thinking they might got with a fatal four way match at summerslam. With Batista and Cena out of the running for the belt am seeing Punk vs Jericho vs JBL vs Kane. If done properly, this could help everybody involve in this. Punk could get a big win by beating Kane and JBL and Jericho don'T lose any momemtum into the respective feud with Cena and HBK. Let'S face it, we got a couple of month left before C.M. Punk Lose the belt and it will probably be against Batista so until then i really hope that they decided to do something with punk and give him a couple of big wins.

Seeing now that it will be Cena vs Batista at Summerslam, lets take them out of the title picture for now!

We now have JBL, Kane and maybe Chris Jericho as potential contenders for Punk's World title. But knowing that if Y2J actually gets the shot at the title, he'll most likely get screwed by Michaels, having for a second straight ppv, a DQ finish! So lets also forget jericho.

We have now Kane and JBL. JBL vs Punk and Punk vs Kane looks like two horrible main event for the "Second biggest PPV of the year". Even having a Triple Threat would be boring as hell to watch!

So, what would i like to see is somehow having kane and jbl involving in some sort of feud. I dont know... having them screwed each other of the main event shot. Now the interesting part! It leaves Punk without any opponent for SS. So he comes down to the ring, asking who could possibly face him for SS, and then out of nowere, gets RKO'ed by the Returning Randy Orton! Hopefully Randy wins the strap, ending Punk's horrible reign and reinstating the Age of Orton!:icon_smile:

What is up with Summerslam??? Who cares about The Great Kahli and HHH??? And CM Punk and JBL, and dont even get me started on Batista and Cena, boring!!!!!! The only decent fight is Edge Vs Undertaker and thats a bit old too. Even I am looking forward to Ortons return, and I cant stand him.

Totally agree here. HHH is getting boring as face champion, and I hope he loses @ Summerslam and goes back to being heel or something. The JBL/CM Punk/Batista/Cena crap was boring from the start, and is to to this day. If Kane gets his mask back @ SummerSlam that will be a high point. The ONLY REASON I'm watching SummerSlam is for Edge vs. Undertaker.

Did anyone else notice that the main event at PPV's has been Undertaker's match? Since he left, it's been HHH or Cena's matches as main event; good lord BORRRRIIINGGG!!!! As for Orton, I dun think he's back @ SummerSlam. I read somewhere on WRESTLEZONE that he was advertised for a house show on August 31, but you never know, he COULD suprise everyone @ SummerSlam

You want Khali to be champion again?????? Slap yourself in the face right now!!!!

Personally I'm not a HHH fan, but I'd rather see him with that belt, then Khali! Cena/Batista is going to draw some big PPV crowds, regardless of how anybody here may feel about them! The first showdown between these two will be a big one indeed! I'm actually looking forward too it.

In my opinion, your whole view on 'Taker main eventing makes a lot of sense, and it's a testament as to why he's still on top!

But back to the subject at hand here. Personally, I think they've screwed up with Punk from day one, and it looks like it'll be Punk/JBL/Kane! Now if they want a match to put Punk over the top, a match between those two washed up hacks, isn't going to do him any good. Even if he wins, I'm guessing he'll spend the match, selling for those two, and just get the win out of nowhere. After watching the "Highlight Reel", I was actually hoping they'd go Jericho/Punk, it's a guy Punk's never beaten, he's a top superstar, the match would be really good, and it'd be a good launching pad for Punk. I'm not saying a victory over JBL (who he's already beaten btw, which makes me wonder why he gets another shot) or Kane wouldn't do him any good, I'm just saying it'll probably be built up as a fluke or something! As of now, Punk is going nowhere fast, and it's just sad! As much as I love the fact he's a champion, something more has to be done.

well seeing how batista and cena was suppose to be the main event of wreslmania i just cant see them actually wrestling each other at summerslam becauuse it was just slapped together with no real rivalry. so i can see them somehow being involved in the world title but wat im rlly hoping for is the return of rko to take the title from cm punk and for the kane mask/bag thing to come to some climax and rlly who cares about jbl he sucks, hes out of shape and shuld never maint event a ppv especially a ppv that is said to be the 2nd biggst of the year

Hopefully what the news is saying stays true that theres a possibility that they could change the Cena/Batista match & find a way to put them in the Title match. The 1 on 1 match could tryed to be held off till WM25. With them in a singles match this leaves Kane/JBL/Y2J (All Heels I my add) out in open. A 4 Way no way, & a 3 Way to determin the contender I don't think is going happen. Chris Jericho in the Title picture right now anyway is a toss up till we see what appearance Shawn Michaels will make on RAW they are talking about. If Michaels appears LIVE on at Raw then there maybe another HBK/Y2J match brewing for SummerSlam, but if by chance Michaels appears on RAW by satellite then theres still a chance Jericho could be back in the title picture but for right now we don't know but all I know is that in my view, Cena/Batista match should be held off.

If Jericho is in the title picture then I think it should be

WORLD HWT. CHAMPIONSHIP
CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho

STRANGE BEDFELLOWS TAG MATCH - 2 #1 CONTENDERS FOR UNFORGIVEN
Batista & Kane vs. JBL & John Cena

If Jericho is not in the title picture & HBK does return to the ring, should be

FATAL 5 WAY - WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
CM Punk vs. Batista vs. Kane vs. JBL vs. John Cena

Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho

I think wwe will keep the cena batista match. They could still have the match at wm25 if there is not a decisive finish. They easily could have kane jbl or someone else (orton) interfere and stop the match. I think wwe is just trying to see if cena batista can really draw. As far as punk and the title goes i think he will defend against jericho. It is too early for hbk to return he will be live via satelite monday. They need hbk to sell his injury a little longer. Punk would go over jericho clean to give him the win he needs to legitamize his reign.

Hopefully what the news is saying stays true that theres a possibility that they could change the Cena/Batista match & find a way to put them in the Title match. The 1 on 1 match could tryed to be held off till WM25. With them in a singles match this leaves Kane/JBL/Y2J (All Heels I my add) out in open. A 4 Way no way, & a 3 Way to determin the contender I don't think is going happen. Chris Jericho in the Title picture right now anyway is a toss up till we see what appearance Shawn Michaels will make on RAW they are talking about. If Michaels appears LIVE on at Raw then there maybe another HBK/Y2J match brewing for SummerSlam, but if by chance Michaels appears on RAW by satellite then theres still a chance Jericho could be back in the title picture but for right now we don't know but all I know is that in my view, Cena/Batista match should be held off.

If Jericho is in the title picture then I think it should be

WORLD HWT. CHAMPIONSHIP
CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho

STRANGE BEDFELLOWS TAG MATCH - 2 #1 CONTENDERS FOR UNFORGIVEN
Batista & Kane vs. JBL & John Cena

If Jericho is not in the title picture & HBK does return to the ring, should be

FATAL 5 WAY - WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
CM Punk vs. Batista vs. Kane vs. JBL vs. John Cena

Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho

Yes I agree with the 5 way dance this is the 2nd biggest ppv and so far the highlight is going to be edge vs taker I can honestly see this Mike Adamle saying the world heavyweight title match CM Punk v. Jericho v. Kane v. and a mystery oppoent of his choosing and out of no where Randy orton comes out and RKO's c.m. punk and gets the title back tht way raw has more angles to go with.

Cm punks title win might not of planned but its nice to see punk kane batista cena jbl and now jericho all in the race for the title.. I think they should give us either a elimination chamber or a match including all six like they did in the past wit undertaker, kurt angle, rock, austin, triple H, and rakishi.. And exciting match building kurt angles title reign and pushing the fact that the world title means something with a lot of guys aiming for it

Looks to me like a fatal-4-way coming around the corner.
Punk (c) vs JBL vs Kane vs Jericho
Kane goes insane and goes for Lance Cade after he interfered (stole the bag) HBK distracts y2j and y2j goes after him or Shawn nails him with Chair or sweet chin music. Jbl is distracted and punk does the gts on him to get the win

or kane vs jbl and jericho vs punk with michaels or lance cade screwing the match michaels then comes to protect punk from a 2 on 1 assault.

or Randy Orton comes back and is put in a tilte match (one of the above, taking jericho's place) and wins or interferes in the fatal-4-way rkoing (is that a word?) jbl allowing punk to win and starting a feud between those two.

Whatever the case, we will probably get the answer tonight, if hbk is not against y2j at summerslam, y2j will be in the title picture.

IF Y2J is busy with michaels at ss, then orton comes back hopefully or if he does not return witch will probably be the case, it will be a triple threat match kane vs jbl vs punk, with kane going insane at some point in the match and punk doing the gts on a distracted (or pinning a chokeslammed) jbl

Punk will probably retain or drop to rko

So, er, ok, are we just going to have a WHC match announced the damn WEEK before what is supposedly the second biggest PPV of the year?? This is the WWE's issue as of late, with ALL the fucking PPVs they have. No time for any kind of build or planning. it seems so often they just slap some shit together. And to think out of all this, we may just end up with CM Punk Ve JBL. which we have already fucking seen, on monday night RAW, and which I have little to no interest in seeing again. Im not sure why they would go here with this, or what it will accomplish. The smartest thing for them to have done, was to have the super cool Highlight reel the night after GAB, and at the end, Jericho challenges Punk,and we have THAT as our main event.

Or, hey, we could just do nothing, and have no discernable direction for any of these guys. Yea, I guess thats much smarter booking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back