Backlash: Randy Orton vs. JBL vs John Cena vs. Triple H

summerslam 07 poster boy- hhh, returned n won
no mercy 07 - orton, 2 time champ, same night
no way out 06- orton - beat mysterio,
backlash 08' - undertaker...sorry people, unfortunately we are gonna have to see the washed up undertaker who does nothing all year except at wrestlemania where he magically wins everyear!

i would name more poster boys...but i don't feel like it..but thats just 2 prove that orton was gonna beat cena if he didn't get hurt n he's gonna win 2nite at backlash...come people its common sense...please have brains

This is exactly what is going to happen. Cena will FU JBL and pin him, get eliminated by HHH sometime later, but then trips will get kicked in the head by Orton who wins. Then the next night on Raw Orton is having a match against a random person and after he wins Regals music plays Orton looks at him. Regal says "Introducing the first pick in the 2008 WWE draft (insert smackdwon main eventer here) and the new #1 contender for the WWE title (above superstar's name here)!", crowd is stunned and Orton has stunned look on his face. Then at Night of Champions Orton beats this person.

well, whoever thought cena would win obviously still is dense enough to realize his movie takes precedence over wrestling right now. he is only at ppv to get people to buy. same with wrestlemania. and not sure when i read this part of the match:

Randy Orton (c) vs. John Cena vs. JBL vs. HHH #35

Cena immediately runs in and kicks Cena in the head and covers him. John Cena is eliminated

There is more than one john cena? who would've guessed that one

The Orton era was one of the shortest Ive ever seen. Just like his world title run, it was short, this just proves that alot of people can get lucky more then once.
I mean after all Ortons only moves are headlock, stomp, kick in the head and RKO.
Wow thats alot of talent!
Hes really no better than his old man, just luckier.
Out of all 4 men when it comes right down to it, HHH is the only one with any talent, the ladies only like Cena for his looks and no one like JBL.

To all the people out there that keep saying The Undertaker is going to lose his next match, which to them is every match, sorry but he will lose when he chooses to lose.
Only time hes ever dropped a title is when hes had an actual injury.
And the people he does lose to are the ones that he wants to put over.
Your 2 champions are the best wrestlers on both shows right now so get used to them.
Now all we need is a decent ECW champion and everything will be good, Id like to see Kane have a long run but all they ever do to him is screw him over and look stupid.

I like JBL, the guy is awesome. Plays the Heel better than anybody in the locker room atm (bar perhaps Edge) and given the right opponent, can pull of a really good feud. I thought his title run was one of the best in the past decade. Everyone wanted to see him drop that title every month. The guys awesome at what he does.
Orton on the other hand. Auful...

The Orton era was one of the shortest Ive ever seen. Just like his world title run, it was short, this just proves that alot of people can get lucky more then once.
I mean after all Ortons only moves are headlock, stomp, kick in the head and RKO.
Out of all 4 men when it comes right down to it, HHH is the only one with any talent, the ladies only like Cena for his looks and no one like JBL.

HHH= kneelift, spinebuster, pedigree, backflip from botched pedigree, occasional sledgehammer. I am BEGGING him to learn a new move.

Now he is WWE champ. When is the heel turn?

Dude held the belt for half a year. Can't really say that it was that short. You might look into Kane's '98 title reign. That's short.

Furthermore, this one was fairly predictable. No way that JBL goes over in this one, and Orton beating Cena with the kick just shows how big they are on him right now...but ratings are going nowhere with Orton as the champ, and Regal needs a solid face to feud with. Nothing like pitting "The King of the Ring" against "The King of Kings."

HHH= kneelift, spinebuster, pedigree, backflip from botched pedigree, occasional sledgehammer. I am BEGGING him to learn a new move.

Now he is WWE champ. When is the heel turn?

Not anytime soon. Triple H has reached the status that regardless of who he fights, the majority of people are going to cheer for him because he is at that immortal/untouchable pinnacle (i.e. Flair, UT, Austin, HBK). The only guy that is over enough face-wise to turn Trips heel is HBK. And I don't see those two feuding for awhile yet.

Plus, Triple H really hasn't had a significant face title reign in his career. He needs that to add to his resume.

I will be honest I was Shocked when HHH won, I thought Orton was going to keep his belt, you really don't expect title changes during minor PPV's like this but I give WWE credit for not being so predictable

Triple H has reached the status that regardless of who he fights, the majority of people are going to cheer for him because he is at that immortal/untouchable pinnacle (i.e. Flair, UT, Austin, HBK)

:headscratch:
I don't know about that, HHH will go down as one of the greatest ever but he is not on that level and I think injuries is why he is not up their, everytime HHH was on the verge of a huge title run he seems to always get hurt and goes out for a 6-8 months, they want current fans to hold him up as this Era version of Ric Flair and I honestly don't see that, Ric Flair, Hogan, HBK those guys Carried and entire organization at one point, I would say HHH is up their with Stone Cold and The Rock that level but Ric Flair, Hogan, HBK, Undertaker??? HELL NO!!!!

:headscratch:
I don't know about that, HHH will go down as one of the greatest ever but he is not on that level and I think injuries is why he is not up their, everytime HHH was on the verge of a huge title run he seems to always get hurt and goes out for a 6-8 months, they want current fans to hold him up as this Era version of Ric Flair and I honestly don't see that, Ric Flair, Hogan, HBK those guys Carried and entire organization at one point, I would say HHH is up their with Stone Cold and The Rock that level but Ric Flair, Hogan, HBK, Undertaker??? HELL NO!!!!

How is it not obvious? If you remember, they tried to play off Triple H as a heel-tweener against Cena for WM24. That didn't work because people are sick of Cena and love the contribution of Triple H to the history of the business. He's easily this era's version of Triple H, or at least close to it.

How is it not obvious? If you remember, they tried to play off Triple H as a heel-tweener against Cena for WM24. That didn't work because people are sick of Cena and love the contribution of Triple H to the history of the business. He's easily this era's version of Triple H, or at least close to it.

he is considered the "Rick Flair of This Era" because that is what WWE want us to believe that is why HHH is the one that induct him into the Hall Of Fame, that is why they put Flair with HHH towards the end of his legandary career to make it as if he was "passing the torch" to HHH

I am not taking anything from HHH he is a legend but just not on that Rick Flair level, the more I think about it not even sure if he is even on that Stone Cold and The Rock level, both of those was and still is bigger stars then HHH ever was, and the more I think about it those guys was getting the pushes when it was suppose to be HHH era so when exact was it ever HHH era? yeah he had the title a lot I guess that is one reason why they try to sell him as the "new Ric Flair" and if he end up winning the title more then Rick Flair(which I think is the ultimate plan) that is a damn Joke

also not to forget the Backstage Politics, at least Flair was respected by all of him colleagues, HHH is probably not all that liked much by the Current WWE roster, some kiss his ass maybe for job security and/or to keep "Mainevent Status"

he is considered the "Rick Flair of This Era" because that is what WWE want us to believe that is why HHH is the one that induct him into the Hall Of Fame, that is why they put Flair with HHH towards the end of his legandary career to make it as if he was "passing the torch" to HHH

I am not taking anything from HHH he is a legend but just not on that Rick Flair level, the more I think about it not even sure if he is even on that Stone Cold and The Rock level, both of those was and still is bigger stars then HHH ever was, and the more I think about it those guys was getting the pushes when it was suppose to be HHH era so when exact was it ever HHH era? yeah he had the title a lot I guess that is one reason why they try to sell him as the "new Ric Flair" and if he end up winning the title more then Rick Flair(which I think is the ultimate plan) that is a damn Joke

also not to forget the Backstage Politics, at least Flair was respected by all of him colleagues, HHH is probably not all that liked much by the Current WWE roster, some kiss his ass maybe for job security and/or to keep "Mainevent Status"

For one thing, I don't buy this pairing him with Ric Flair at the end of Flair career nonsense. There seem to be a genuine friendship there. I also don't think anyone can be compared to Flair. Not Triple H, Shawn Michaels or anyone. Flair came out of another era, and it seems pointless to compare any wrestler now or even in the attitude generation with him.

I think it was smart to put the belt on him. This allows Orton to further his heel character, and work with a guy that will put him over. If he beats HHH during a feud then it give more credit to him actually winning instead of having it handed down because of injury. I also don't buy this backstage politics thing. I've not heard a creditable argument for this mastermind of the backstage that is HHH. It just seems to be a bunch of nonsense. If he wanted the belt so bad, and had the sway people say he has. He would of beat Cena at Wrestlemania two years ago.

This forum is named "Backlash: Orton vs HHH vs Cena vs JBL" so that's what I plan to talk about. Backlash as a whole on paper (reading the results) seemed to be pretty good. I am happy that the title runs of Kane and Undertaker are still going. I am also happy that Matt Hardy has been rewarded with the US Championship. BUT, will the WWE head-chiefs PLEASE quit shoving HHH down our throats. I will NEVER see him in any category with The Rock, Austin, Taker, Hogan, HBK, or Flair. HHH's legacy will forever be tainted by the BAD TASTE he left in everyone's mouth(burying opponents right and left---for no reason). The only thing I want to see is anybody be champ but HHH!!!! I realize that's a BOLD statement, but I would rather have Khali be champ than HHH. I don't mind watching HHH wrestle, but the sole reason for him getting any world title is so he can reach Flair's amount. Flair's number of title reigns should NOT be passed, or even tied!!!!! I even heard the other day that Kurt Angle has 13 title reigns!!!There are so many others like: Jericho, JBL, KANE, Big Show, HBK, Kennedy, & Punk that would far greater benefit from a title run. HBK and Jericho specifically DESERVE one over all the others mentioned. I'm so GLAD that WWE rewarded KANE with the ECW belt. He was champ for 1 day back in 1998, while HHH gets them handed to him like paper!!! I'm completely fed up with "paper titles"!!!!!!!

BUT, will the WWE head-chiefs PLEASE quit shoving HHH down our throats. I will NEVER see him in any category with The Rock, Austin, Taker, Hogan, HBK, or Flair. HHH's legacy will forever be tainted by the BAD TASTE he left in everyone's mouth(burying opponents right and left---for no reason). The only thing I want to see is anybody be champ but HHH!!!! I realize that's a BOLD statement, but I would rather have Khali be champ than HHH. I don't mind watching HHH wrestle, but the sole reason for him getting any world title is so he can reach Flair's amount. Flair's number of title reigns should NOT be passed, or even tied!!!!! I even heard the other day that Kurt Angle has 13 title reigns!!!There are so many others like: Jericho, JBL, KANE, Big Show, HBK, Kennedy, & Punk that would far greater benefit from a title run. HBK and Jericho specifically DESERVE one over all the others mentioned. I'm so GLAD that WWE rewarded KANE with the ECW belt. He was champ for 1 day back in 1998, while HHH gets them handed to him like paper!!! I'm completely fed up with "paper titles"!!!!!!!

<IC25 takes his gloves off, takes a deep breath.>

Are you kidding me!?

Who is shoving HHH down anyone's throats? It's been quite sometime since he's had any kind of title run. The "shoved down our throats" thing is the same exact whiney argument people have been hitting John Cena with for the last few years. The guy is a star - do you expect the WWE to keep him off of TV and out of the main event?

Why is God's name would you rather see Khali with the belt!? What has he done to deserve it!? HHH is a fantastic wrestlers, moves well around the ring, and creates ratings as champion. Khali can hardly wrestle and tells a shit story.

What makes Flair's number so special that it shouldn't ever be tied or broken? What makes the number so sacred!? I suppose because he is regarded as the greatest ever by many fans (not all - many) he should always hold the record for world titles. HHH won't come close to the total, don't worry. He's already said he didn't want to.

Ok, now for the biggest crock of your argument. You listed the following guys as being better suited / able to benefit more from a title run. Reminder - WWE's goal isn't to BENEFIT the wrestlers with title runs, it is to make money. It's a business. That's all.

Jericho- Has only been back a few months after a 2+ year hiatus, WWE ruined his return, he is getting little heat as a result.

JBL- Just returned from doing commentary and has engaged in two failed feuds with Jericho and Finlay. Well past his prime.

Kane - Is in the middle of a meaningless (so far) ECW Title run. Has not been able to sustain any decent booking momentum in years. Just recently got out of the "glorified jobber to the stars" pile.

Big Show - Again, what is with you and rushing these recently returned stars to title reigns? Show just came off a Wrestlemania loss to Floyd Mayweather! When you give a fresh guy a title right off the bat, what kind of momentum does it have?

HBK - This is one I will let you get away with, but he's put together such strong feuds without title runs lately, and the Batista feud is fantastic. Why put a title on a guy who may be on his way out?

Kennedy- The most egrgious sin on your list. What has Kennedy done to deserve a major title? He's screwed up EVERY chance he has been given, and now his crowd heat has dwindled to shit. And you want to give him the big title?

CM Punk - What makes you think he's ready!? He has the MITB case and has now lost two straight weeks to Jericho and Edge. He's on the cusp of main eventing, but he is nowhere NEAR proving he is worthy of carrying the entire company on his back!

Then, you say HBK and Jericho DESERVE titles. Let me tell you something, kid, NOBODY just DESERVES a title. It has to be earned. HBK has earned a mess of titles and is not working some other programs. What Jericho did prior to his hiatus means NOTHING if he doesn't show he can do it now.

And this crap about HHH holding people back!? Good god no! Like who? He put Jeff Hardy over clean (and then Hardy blew it), he put Shelton Benjamin over clean (and Benjamin blew it), he's put Cena over clean (Cena's the only one using it) and he's put Orton over BIG TIME! HHH also put over the likes of The Rock, Mick Foley, etc for years! You want HBK to have a title, but accuse HHH of holding people back? Hell, HHH was held back for a while BECAUSE OF MICHAELS! This is such a crap arguement.

And then, the idea that the ECW Title was a "reward" to Kane is just garbage. They didn't give him the belt as a pat on the back. They are giving him a chance to run with a glorified mid-card belt. And what the hell did Kane do that was so special to deserve a major title anyway? I like Kane holding the belt, but you make it seem like people were doing a disservice to him by not giving him the belt.

Please, go get your head checked.

*Marks out for IC25*

Triple H is the best combination wrestler/draw in the industry today. Period. Maybe UT could compete with that, but let's be honest, Triple H has the look, the mic, and the in-ring skills to boot.

Jericho - He's holding the lesser mid-card belt and serving as special guest referee in a non main event match of which he was just basically thrown into, having NO connection to the feud whatsoever.

JBL - The guy is boring in the ring. He can use a mic, but he is not the whole package. His character is not one to absolutely despise, and that's what WWE needs in a heel right now. Someone that they can hate.

Kane - I like him with the ECW belt, but he's not built up enough for the WWE belt. I like the path that he is on, currently, but considering the younger talent around and Kane's supposed desire to put over younger talent, it's not likely that he will ever hold the biggest belt again.

Big Show - He will once again be in the main event, but is he THE guy? Nope. He seems to be limited to the role of the heel big man antagonist. He could prove this wrong, but it would take some evolving and would take some time to develop.

HBK - THE man, but not more than Triple H. Furthermore, if you look at Shawn since his 03 return, he's only held a heavyweight title for a month. Instead, he's been putting people over left and right. Why? Because I think that his religious convictions keep him from wanting the spotlight for himself. He'd rather see others carry the torch, but he understands that he has the star power to make that happen. I think Shawn could be the champ if he wanted to be. I just don't think he wants it. He wants what is best for the business that made him.

Kennedy - This guy might be the most overrated figure EVER in wrestling. You want to talk about guys being shoved down our throats? I've been choking on Kennedy for months now. He's nothing special in the ring, and his cocky attitude is getting rather old because he hasn't been able to take advantage of the opportunities he's been given. Someone, please give me the Heimlich maneauver to get Kennedy unstuck from my throat.

Punk - He's not ready. Not even close. I haven't even heard him on the mic, to add to the fact that he is not impressive whatsoever in the ring. Morrison. Morrison. Morrison. Punk is leaps and bounds behind him in terms of all aspects of the business. Being "straight edge" doesn't serve as a good role model when you still have Playboy all over the place on a program that kids watch.

The WWE title canNOT be about who NEEDS it. That's what the IC belt, US belt, KOTR, etc. are for. The WWE title is simply about who is THE BEST. Who is the guy who is best for the company at the top. Right now, that is clearly Triple H. No doubt about it. The kids are going to watch John Cena whether he is champ or not. It's us smarks that need to be kept in the seats right now.

Vince isn't playing Monday Night Wars with TNA. TNA isn't his biggest threat. It's MMA. MMA is on the rise and serves as a VERY dangerous threat to the sports-entertainment conglomerate. That why Triple H needs the belt. He has the belt, and I couldn't be more pleased (unless Hardcore Holly had the belt :p).

Undertaker not able to carry a federation? What have you been watching? Hes beat EVERYONE.
Theres no one else in the federation that can say that.
And no matter if anyone agrees with what is being said about him now, its true, he has adapted to the changing styles of wrestling around him , cant say anyone else has.
Quit being haters the truth is that The Undertaker has beaten EVERYONES favorite more then once.
And as far as Orton goes, talentless, what the hell is a punt to the head?
he carried the belt for half a year because of instances like the one where HHH pedigreed Cena and Orton kicked him in the head and jumped on Cena, in other words Orton cant get the job done, hes like most peoples bosses out in the real world, you do the work and he takes the credit. I would be a big Orton follower if they would have him learn some more moves, the constant headlocks and stomping gets on my nerves.
I will say this for Orton, he is a far better wrestler than Cena.

Undertaker not able to carry a federation? What have you been watching? Hes beat EVERYONE.
And no matter if anyone agrees with what is being said about him now, its true, he has adapted to the changing styles of wrestling around him , cant say anyone else has.
Quit being haters the truth is that The Undertaker has beaten EVERYONES favorite more then once.
he carried the belt for half a year because of instances like the one where HHH pedigreed Cena and Orton kicked him in the head and jumped on Cena, in other words Orton cant get the job done, hes like most peoples bosses out in the real world, you do the work and he takes the credit. I would be a big Orton follower if they would have him learn some more moves, the constant headlocks and stomping gets on my nerves.

Ok, so you're next? Awesome, welcome to class.

Randy Orton is the successful reincarnation of Jake "The Snake" Roberts. Very cerebral, very quick to strike, extremely ruthless. With the whole sporting world VERY sensative to post-concussion syndrome, (see: NFL Football Players Union, Chris Benoit file, etc.) a kick to the head is simple and lethal. Is it "visually impressive?" Maybe not, but it tells a story of an evil, heartless champion doing whatever it takes to win a match, even if it means putting an opponent out permanently.

So, since you are obviously an Undertaker mark, let me take you back to the early days of Taker, including his first title run over Hulk Hogan. 50%+ of his matches were a choke hold. Not a fancy choke like he does now - his dark, gloved hand clutching an opponents throat. By your accounts, that sucked because "it was just a choke." It is simple, and told the story of a dark, evil soul trying to squeeze the life out of them using his deliberate power and ruthlessness.

Orton is an effective heel, and he doesn't need a moveset the length of a Regal, Benoit, etc. He performs several maneuvers effectively, and from the thought process of being a heel, he isn't supposed to use these visually impressive moves to make the crowd cheer. He gets a great crowd reaction, and the build up he gets as he stalks his opponent for the RKO is similar to that of Shawn Michaels "tuning up the band" and Edge bouncing in the corner in anticipation for the spear.

Randy Orton is the new Jake "the Snake" Roberts, "now without nose candy!"

For those of you that said HHH is on Rock/Stone Cold level...no. Rock and Stone Cold carried the WWF on its back when WCW were killing them and when Michaels couldn't get the job done, HHH did NOTHING close to what Rock and Austin has, stop preaching the crap WWE feeds you.

For those of you that said HHH is on Rock/Stone Cold level...no. Rock and Stone Cold carried the WWF on its back when WCW were killing them and when Michaels couldn't get the job done, HHH did NOTHING close to what Rock and Austin has, stop preaching the crap WWE feeds you.

Another newbie weighs in. Welcome newbie.

I actually quasi-agree with your long run-on sentence. Austin and Rock transcended the usual championship caliber wrestler and became mutil-media mega stars. And god bless them for it.

Just remember, HHH was a cog in THAT wheel, too. Before Rock got to become a mega star, he led the Nation of Domination as a heel faction against HHH's DX. When Austin feuded with The Rock and the Corporation, he did so along with DX and Mick Foley.

I agree that HHH isn't on the level of Rock or Austin, regardless of the number of title reigns. But HHH was a part of their success too, albeit a small part, and ABSOLUTELY Rock and Austin were a massive part of HHH's success.

A few things do bother me, though, newbie. Michaels "couldn't get the job done" because of injury, mostly. It was Bret Hart who had some issues drawing big numbers. And give credit where it is due - HHH has come back from several injuries to pursue his legacy. Austin tried to do it but his knees wouldn't let him any more, nor would his neck. Rock, well, greener pastures...

Of course Triple H never carried the company… the company is carried by the top FACE. Triple H spent the vast majority of his Main Event career (by which I mean while he was/is World Champion) as a Heel, and I will say a damn good one at that, possibly one of the best there has ever been, but that’s for another debate. Look back at when Austin and Rock carried the company, when Austin carried the company there were barely any top faces, look at 1998 for example the WWE had to resort to pushing Foley in late 1998 to the title in order to get the belt off Austin and stop him becoming stale because he had beaten everyone. When The Rock carried the company in 2000 while Austin was out, there was no other top faces apart from Foley. Undertaker came back eventually but he was no where near as over, or as pushed as he was previously. Triple H is now one of the top Face’s but the fact is he doesn’t NEED to carry the company and if he isn’t needed to he wont. With people like, Cena, Undertaker, Batista, Michaels etc… on the roster there is enough star power to cover for the fact that Triple H probably isn’t the most over of face’s.

I really hate the fact that people are already calling bullshit on this title reign, how many times has Triple H put people over in the last few years… he hasn’t had a decent run with the belt since dropping it to Batista at Wrestlemania 21… that’s three years. But of course he is fucking the bosses daughter so he must be politicking backstage to get one more run with the belt… maybe the creative team thought he fucking deserved it, maybe someone else was pulling for him, or maybe… just maybe it was the right fucking thing to do. Cena seems to jet off to do this movie or that movie every other week these days, and he was the only other viable option when it came to them putting the belt on someone else, the WWE picked someone reliable and in my opinion it’s the right move.

No one is discrediting that UT could be the top man in the company. He has all the talent, experience, and respect backstage to garner such a reputation. But Undertaker does not have the look that Triple H does. Undertaker's aura lies in his ability to perform his character and create a mystique. He doesn't have that He-Man physique that kids grow up wanting to have. Triple H has that. Triple H has been on the undercard, spent way too long on the mid-card, and has been the most consistent guy the business has seen in some time. That's why he is the man. Undertaker is the perfect supporting role. He can carry and headline the company, but he is much better served being the #2 guy.

Plus, Triple H really hasn't had a significant face title reign in his career. He needs that to add to his resume.

It's a shame he's never really had a decent face run with the belt, the only reason his 2002 reign reign was so short lived was because of hot shot booking, he (discounting NM07) technically hasn't held the regular WWE title for nearly 8 years(discounting NM07), since way back when at back at king of the ring 2000 when it was the WWF title.

AGREE 100%

that is all I was trying to say, is HHH the best today??? NO question but clearly HHH has not made the impact Austin and Rock did, during their time the WWF/WWE was doing just as good as Monday Night Football, that was not because of HHH that was during The Rock Era as well as Austin vs McMahon fueds

sorry I am just not buying this HHH the "new Flair" stuff, maybe the new era fans do, I am not that old but I remember Flair in his prime during NWA then WCW when he was carring that entire organization on his back

HHH has never carried the WWE, I guess you can say now but this current WWE era is clearly the worst ever just look at the ratings

anyway back to the Backlash PPV, I thought it was a good match and HHH winning suprised me, even though I knew he would win the title again I thought it would have end up being at a major even like SummerSlam or something but good for him, he could win the title 20 times and he will still not be on the level of The Nature Boy:flair:

I think the WWE has finally gotten it right. Triple H as the WWE Champion seems right. He has had several short inconsistant runs with the title, most surrounded in contraversy and choas, but never a true face run. Considering the other alternatives for the night he was the logical choice.

Orton has proven he is a brash and dangerous, but he is more exciting chasing the title than having the title. Sad isn't it?

Cena has too much heat either way. They love him! They hate him! He's a thug! He's a patriot! (These two concepts do not go well together). He needs to decide and if he keeps the thug, he needs to go heel

JBL...LOL...snicker...laughs a little bit longer at the Wrasslin Gord...I have never bought the JBL concept since his rebirth from mean hardcore texan to businessman and millionare.

Now that the WWE has made the right choice. Get rid of the stupid spinner title, find a real championship look and let the reign of the Game begin!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back