Judgment Day: Triple H vs. Randy Orton

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
WWE Championship Match
Steel Cage
Triple H vs. Randy Orton

I couldn't be less intrested in this match. For one it contains two wrestlers who I couldn't care less about. Two this match has been done to death. We had it twice at No Mercy. I admit I enjoyed the last man stading match. But it wasn't anything special. Then we pretty much had another match between the two at Backlash. After JBL & Cena got eliminated they went on for another 15 minutes. It was fine. But nothing to get excited about. And thirdly, why is it a cage match? Isn't One Night Stand about 4 weeks away? Won't that card feature about 6-7 gimmick matches? How boring.

The first thing I have to say off the top of my head, is if this match somehow ends in a draw, or a tie, with both men escaping the cage at the same time. I'm going to be majorly pissed off.

I was excited for the Triple H. v. Randy Orton feud.. in 2004. It fizzled out for me at the Royal Rumble in 2005, because they more or less drilled it into the ground. Then its been randomly popping its head back up here and there through the years. First with Edge & Shawn Michaels, during the DX/Rated R.K.O. feud.. Then most recently, ever since No Mercy has Triple H. been "hot" on Orton's tail for chasing the Championship.

I agree with Jake, One Night Stand is suppose to be the gimmick Pay Per View for the W.W.E. I randomly assume this means we'll get a Hell in a Cell match, instead of a cage match, since it'd be stupid to have back to back cage matches on p.p.v.'s.

Regarding this match being inside a cage, well the fact is neither guy has anything overly impressive about them that allows them to use the cage as a proper weapon. Most likely we'll see Orton oversell a Superplex from the top of the cage and Triple H. will lose massive amounts of blood from his head finding one of the beams. Outside of that, it won't be anything special.

I suppose out of every match style, this feud has gone through them all with exception of a Steel Cage. Might as well close out their feud (for now) with an utterly horrible match.

Naturally, I assume and predict Triple H. will pick up the victory.. only for J.B.L. to win over John Cena (also at Judgment Day) then Triple H. will fight J.B.L. in a Texas Bullrope Match at One Night Stand.

Funny enough, I realised on my drive home from backlash "well, shit, we know what the ME of Judgement day is" and it would seem I was correct. Like everyone is saying so far, not sure why we need a gimmick when the gimmick match PPV is coming in a few weeks. Not sure why we even need this another time, but I guess its an arbitary thing. Trips most probably goes over, just because shotting the belt right back at Orton is useless. Hopefully SD! gives us something more intriguing for a ME. Not that I think this will be shit, but its not particularly exciting. I imagine we get some interference or sa double finish like will said, leading to an HIAC.

I totally agree with you guys....what's the point of this? I wish they wouldn't even have this ppv and just wait (or push up) One Night Stand. That way, we can finish a lot of things. This just means we're going to get ANOTHER Orton/HHH match after HHH wins this one...when I'm already tired as all hell about it.

HHH wins by climbing out the side door so that they can stretch this out another time and bore the balls off me.

This is probably a good move for WWE in order to get PPV buys...

*waits to be owned*

Amongst the masses, Orton started to get over pretty well there toward the end of his reign, and I think a lot of people were secretly disappointed to see him drop the belt to Triple H...especially in place of Cena.

Plus, it's a cage match. As much as any of us hate it, the common wrestling folk will think:

*OOOOOO CAGE....VIOLENCE*

So, that automatically puts interest into the match. I think some wrestling fans would pay $39.95 to watch Mark Henry and Big Daddy V in a cage match, thus, explaining the reason for this match being booked.

I agree. Triple H and Randy Orton hve been going back and forth with the title and it's getting kind of boring. Now that Triple H is the champ he can work with better contendors than Orton. Maybe a rivalry with Kennedy or Shawn Michaels, but the rivalry with Orton is pretty old and tired.

Amongst the masses, Orton started to get over pretty well there toward the end of his reign, and I think a lot of people were secretly disappointed to see him drop the belt to Triple H...especially in place of Cena.

I'm not exactly keeping a secret with it. I was disappointed when Randy Orton lost the Championship to Triple H. The funny thing is, I was telling NorCal about a week back that I thought Triple H. would win the Championship.. then he replied with "Thats what they want you to think." So I really started thinking he's right, and Orton would retain to shock everyone and add more heat by retaining when everyone wants him to lose.

NorCal out-did himself, however, as he then went on to say the only reason he could see Triple H. win the Championship would be if they went on to push him against the likes of William Regal, J.B.L., and all the other top heels. (not counting Orton) By the looks of it, NorCal's assumption on this, was right.

The only reason I'm disappointed is I fail to see the point of Triple H. winning at Backlash, as opposed to winning at Mania. So this is what I've come to think.

1. Randy Orton made himself a top named heel, a Main Event heel, by retaining at Wrestlemania over arguably the two biggest (face) names in the business today, let alone, the two biggest names in the industry, period. So Triple H. won at a second-rate Pay Per View, because hes on his 12th Championship.. and people start to forget reigns 5-12.. so regardless of where it happens, it just becomes another number to add to how many he's received, not when, where, how & why.

2. Jake tipped on the thought that at Mania, the winner was the one who pinned someone first. Whereas at Backlash, it was an elimination match, which makes Triple H. look stronger than all three of the likes of Randy Orton, J.B.L. & John Cena. So naturally, if you wish to think Triple H. has tons of pull.. then this is why he won in a 4-way elimination match.

Personally, I still say its ******ed and stupid to have not just given Triple H. the Championship at Mania. Win or Lose, Orton won't be remembered as anything great.. even with a Mania victory. Orton's lost Mania chance was against the Undertaker, not H.H.H. & Cena.

And all placing the title on Triple H. now did.. was prolong the forseeable. Just like sooner or later, John Cena will win the Championship back.. whether its this year, or at next year's Wrestlemania.. it'll happen sooner or later.

Plus, it's a cage match. As much as any of us hate it, the common wrestling folk will think:

*OOOOOO CAGE....VIOLENCE*

I agree with this too. The old school wrestling industry used Steel Cage matches to be the violent and bloody end to every hardcore/heated type of feud. I think W.W.E. is just trying to make this feud look "old school" in ending it (assumably) inside a Steel Cage.

So, that automatically puts interest into the match. I think some wrestling fans would pay $39.95 to watch Mark Henry and Big Daddy V in a cage match, thus, explaining the reason for this match being booked.

Sadly I'd likely be one of them. I think the important issue needs to be that I'd buy any Pay Per View, regardless of how shitty the card was. I'm a die-hard wrestling fan.. and likely one of the only one's who orders every T.N.A. p.p.v. and W.W.E. p.p.v. simply because I love wrestling in general.

If I were to actually not order a Pay Per View because I felt the card was gonna be awful, then my collection wouldn't hold half as many T.N.A. p.p.v.'s as it does.. and it likely wouldn't even hold last year's Summerslam & Survivor Series events.

God i thought wwe was going to make a good call and let us off with the title match on raw and let Trips move on,and damn was i wrong. I wish these two could move on it seems like they have been feuding since DX vs Rated RKO. Does wwe even realize these two are not the kind of wreslters who can have good matches with each other time and time again,Don't get me wrong im not bashing them becuase im actually a fan of both but they have no chemistry in the ring together.

(note that this is an annoying rant)

I like where this is going. If the WWE wants to have a GOOD storyline, reminiscent of RAW IS WAR, a take over! Triple H is the new WWE Champion, now twelve-time champion, and he's feeling pretty good. He's got the highest spot in the WWE, married to not-only-but the bosses daughter... he starts thinking it's time to get his piece of the pie.

Oh, but there's someone backstage who's not having it. Coming off a RAW where he cut the live feed to one of Triple H's matches, King of the Ring winner William Regel isn't having any of it. The two clash heads come a PPV after Orton's last grasps at continuing his reign, and they clash hard. With their styles of fighting, you could see a nice arena wide street fight.

But that's not enough... Regel wants his due shot at the belt. Triple H of course, not to be out done, insists that it's a Title vs GM Position match (you are supposed to gasp here) and Regel agrees.

Triple H wins, wreaks havoc, yadda yadda yadda on his heel turn we're all waiting to see. Then a face comes in bringing the troops and kills the kings reign, completely over with the crowd and takes the title back, for the people.

....that and I am pretty high right now

NOTE: Now that I think of it, CM Punk was the Money In The Bank winner. This gives him direct access to Triple H, whom with his new GM position makes it a living hell for Punk. But Punk will prevail as the baby face, so on and so forth.

1.HHH did not look dominant at BL, and the way the match was put together wasn't meant to make him look dominant. Dominance would have been HHH eliminating all the other 3 in quick succession, not over selling a move on the outside and then pinning the other remaining guy.

2. Orton has had his rematch already, why is he getting another one exaclty? Shouldn't he move down the ladder and let others rise up? No, because WWE creative aren't aware of 'should-land' so they don't follow its rules.

3. I fell asleep within 2 minutes of HHH hitting the barrier on sunday, so another one on one match will do the same. Plus cage matches aren't really a draw in my view anymore.

4. Regal apparently has to deal with Kennedy b4 doing anything else, instead of making Kennedy job in countless handicap matches for his insolence and giving himself as many title shots as a heel GM should. To get why this isn't happening see point 2.

Looks like this should be the end of the feud as jbl has already stated his desire to get his shot at the championship...wwe seem to be going overkill on title shots at the moment tho...one on raw..3 on smackdown..womens title change few weeks ago...no doubt santino/carlito get their title shot soon...cryme time (assuming wwe havnt forgotten) still have a title shot from their last run...takers title defence on sd against batista...
its all getting a little too much...too many title shots weaken the title in the same way that 2 few title defences weaken the belt...while its good to see the title defended on raw/sd sometimes...they shouldnt follow that up with another title shot at the next ppv...and then undoubtedly at the one night stand ppv 2 weeks later...
as for the match itself...this is going to be the same match weve seen 100times except they will throw each other into the cage instead of the barrier...hopefully hhh gets a clean win and moves on...altho i still think orton should be champion as his run with "the age of orton" was just really kicking off...but then hhh wants to be top heel so whos surprised to see a good gimmick cut short?

WWE Championship Match
Steel Cage
Triple H vs. Randy Orton

I couldn't be less intrested in this match. For one it contains two wrestlers who I couldn't care less about. Two this match has been done to death. We had it twice at No Mercy. I admit I enjoyed the last man stading match. But it wasn't anything special. Then we pretty much had another match between the two at Backlash. After JBL & Cena got eliminated they went on for another 15 minutes. It was fine. But nothing to get excited about. And thirdly, why is it a cage match? Isn't One Night Stand about 4 weeks away? Won't that card feature about 6-7 gimmick matches? How boring.

Yeah, I'm pretty turned off at the prospect of these two going at it, again. They fought on RAW for the title. Wonderful. Now be gone with this rivalry. Why not let Val Venis have a shot, just for shits and giggles. We all know what's gonna happen. And what will they do for ONS if the stip match has already happened?

Again I am forced to defend HHH. You ask why a cage match? Who can honestly say with the exception of the occasional ones, that WWE gimmick matches are not better than a regular match? Especially considering that HHH and Orton have had just regular matches as of late. Just winning the title from Orton is not an end to a feud. Orton was the champ and would look incredibly weak if he just lost it and moved on.
As for HHH, yea the man has power due to be the boss' son-in-law but you have to be able to look past that. His career has been nothing short of spectacular. It followed the trend of most up-and-comers in that he was in a few small feuds, joined a faction, moved to midcard for a while, and eventually got to the world title picture. Who can forget the classic feuds he had with the Rock during the Nation/DX rivalry? Or the later ones with Austin, Taker, Angle, Foley, Michaels? He has had an injury keep him out nearly a year twice! And then he gives Flair one last boost and makes superstars of Batista and Orton in Evolution, which regardless of what anyone thinks, was easily one of the best factions ever...reminiscent of the Horseman.
He has had classic matches time and again and still he remains one of the best performers in the company.
If you don't like the product, no one is forcing you to watch. But at least have some respect for a man that has had a classic rise to the top just like Michaels, Rock, Austin, or Hart.
Yea maybe this feud is getting old, but what else do you want them to do? There just isn't much world title stars on Raw. JBL would be terrible as champion and I hope he never wins it again, Cena will win it back later in the year. Michaels and Jericho could be if utilized correctly, but they clearly aren't. The only others right now are HHH and Orton..you can make a case for Umaga, Regal, or Kennedy but none of them can really carry the title, though I think with build Kennedy will be ready soon. Hardy would have but he screwed that up and I hope that is eventually able to get back in the title picture.

Point being is, instead of just talking down on the two, look at the facts. There just aren't that many that can do it.

I AM SO SICK OF TRIPLE H the only reason he won the championship is because he is nailing the bosses daughter and she is the head of the Creative Writing i mean WWE i guess didn't want the WrestleMania 24 being Predictable so they made Orton win (which i think was a crappy Way to end such a match that was being hyped up so much) but either way i'm happy it wasn't Triple H WWE if they wanted it to happen could've made Triple H Champion at WrestleMania 24.....But now what Orton vs Triple H in a Steel Cage Match? well first of all i don't like the fact it's in a steel cage match i mean what is it for seriously is JBL gonna interfere or somthing (Which i highly doubt because of the Message sent to John Cena on RAW this pass week) I think this is a crappy match and WWE Has a crappy Champion Right now they better do somthing about it quick cause they've been doing a crappy Job lately

So here we go again. Another HHH vs Randy Orton match. I'm pretty sure we've seen this exact match before... I think we have I'm not positive though. Anyways... I would be very pleasantly shocked if Orton wins the belt back. I just do not see him winning it back though. HHH as a few of you already mentioned has been chasing for quite a while now. However once this feud with Orton is over... Who is HHH going to feud with. See that's the onl thing that I'm questioning. You got besides Orton... Mabey one or two heels on Raw who HHH could feud against. If HHH wins at JD I expect a heel turn soon after. The heel champion has a lot more to work with on Raw with the likes of Cena, HBK, Jeff Hardy possibly, Umaga possibly, along with a few others. You just don't have that with the face champion. You have JBL and Orton, and that's really it. So I expect to see a typical WWE cage match of utter insignificance here as HHH will most likley retain. If Orton manages to win though... All bets are off as to what could happen next...

This feud should end after this match, we have already seen a Cage match between Orton and Triple H a few years ago with Trips picking up the victory, and I can see the same happening here too. The most likely scenario is Triple H and JBL both winning their matches so they can start a program over the WWE title, which I am interested in seeing since those two never feuded before.

But, there is something that happened on RAW last Monday that makes me think that Triple H may not walk out of Judgement Day with the WWE title. I have already thought it was going to happen at Backlash, but it didnt, I am talking about CM Punk cashing in his MITB to win the WWE title. After the Main Event on RAW Monday night, Triple H went on a rampage and nailed multiple ECW superstars with a steel chair, CM Punk included, which caught my attention as being odd. CM Punk now has a motive to screw over Triple H and beat him for the WWE title after he beats Orton in a brutal Cage match(maybe that's why WWE made it a Cage match to begin with, hmmm..). I know it is a longshot, but WWE has been pulling plenty of tricks out of their asses lately, so I won't discredit the thought of it just yet.

Maybe it's just me, but I am so sick and tired of HBK and Triple H. These guys are constantly in the spot light and winning. It's getting so predictable. You know that HBK will "SUPERKICK" Jericho to win the Intercontinental Title...
Boring...

I'm sure Triple H will beat Orton. Orton was a good champ. The reason was he was a bad guy. There are currently no Heels as champions right now across all 3 brands of WWE. Why?

I hope that CM punk will use his MITB contract and win the WWE title...

I don't think that they are using Mr. Kennedy, Umaga and the Great Khali to their potential. Khali can't beat anyone anymore... So bad...

Batista vs Taker at JD.... Boring... Haven't we seen this like 100 times already.. Time to have new blood rise to the top. Make it interesting.... Not so predictable....

I'm curious why RAW brought back JBL if he isn't there to win something substantal. I don't think he has beaten anyone with a name yet...

My Champions....
WWE - CMPunk
Smackdown - Big Show
Intercontinental - Mr. Kennedy
US Champ - Edge
WWE TagTeam - Umaga and JBL
Smackdown Champs - Khali and MVP
Women's - Beth Phoenix

The fued will definately end after this match. It has gone on long enough for anything more to get squeezed out of it.

This match will probably be a pretty back and forth match-up. I imagine that there will be a few highspots, as well as the cage being 'used as a weapon'. Nothing too diffrenent will come out of this match.

The chances that CM Punk will cash in the belt for the title at Judgement Day are somewhat unlikely, because he isn't that over. I do understand your point though Skullz, but it is unlikely.

Triple H will walk out of the match winner, and walk out of Judgement day with the belt. Probably in a dominant end.

Look on the bright side, at least its a gimmick match instead of another long and boring singles match between these two. I'm assuming Triple H will win and this feud will finally be officially over as I think one of these two need to go to Smackdown!.

I don't think Punk will go for the WWE title as he isn't over compared to guys like Trips and Orton and I think Trips reign as WWE champ will come to an end at Unforgiven or No Mercy.

I think this match will be quite good despite it being rather predictable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back