General Judgment Day Discussion

Montel_Vontavious_Porter

Dark Match Winner
With this being the WWE's next Pay Per View. Id like to starting giving me predictions on the matches.

WWE Championship
Randy Orton(c) vs. Triple H

If Randy Orton retains at Backlash, then i can definatley see this match happening, as Orton will probley repeat what he did at Wrestlemania. This is probley were Triple H takes the WWE Championship back

World Heavyweight Champioship
The Undertaker(c) vs. Edge

After Taker retains at Backlash, Vickie gives Edge another title match, hopefully this time in a gimmick, possibly Last Man Standing. Again, the Undertaker would retain his title, leading to one more match at One Night Stand

United States Champonship
Best 2 out of 3 falls;
M.v.p(c) vs. Matt Hardy

I would think Judgment Day will be the end of this fued, MVP gets a cheap win at Backlash, then at Judgment Matt Hardy will finally win the US Championship. Giving MVP his 1 year title reign, and hopefully he starts to get a push as a Main Eventer.

John Cena vs. John Bradshaw Layfield

After Backlash is over, these guys wont have anything too do, and since that they have already been fueding with each other, i can see them having a match here.

Im not sure about the other mathes, possibly a Triple Threat match between, Jericho, Shawn Michaels and Batista? I think Jeff Hardy will be back before this ppv so he will probley have a match, maybe with Mr.Kennedy?

We will probley see another Khali vs. Show match, in a gimmick match.

These are my predictions for Judgment Day:

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Underetaker vs Edge
I think their match will end in some sort of double dq or countout so this match will be some sort of gimmick either a last man standing or a last ride match but they might hold off on the last ride match until ONS.

ECW CHAMPIONSHIP
Kane vs Chavo Guerrero
Chavo will want another match so he will get it. I think kane will face the edgeheads and chavo's bodyguard on ecw in a handicap match and if kane wins he gets to choose the stipulation. Kane wins and he chooses an Inferno Match were chavo will end up getting his boot caught on fire or something thus ending this feud.

US CHAMPIONSHIP
MVP vs Matt Hardy
Mvp will cheat to win at backlash, so matt hardy gets another chance and this time it will be 2 out of three falls like last year when mvp won the title. This time matt hardy gets the win and his first major singles title.

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
Randy Orton vs ???
Orton will retain at backlash so i think he might face either hhh, cena or jbl in a singles match or maybe agaist mr kennedy when he returns. There would also be maybe a match between hhh and jbl or cena and jbl but i think they might wait till maybe summerslam to do cena vs hhh again. either way orton retains.

There will probably be something involving hbk batista and jericho maybe a number 1 contenders triple threat match and maybe bid show and great khali in a punjabi prison.

Another filler card. It won't be anything special. We'll probably see the end of the Edge/Undertaker feud. Most probably a gimmick match. I think a Hell In A Cell would work. But there was one in Noveneber so would WWE really have one again so soon? Yeah I do to be honest. And it does seem like the most logical ending to the feud. Unless they went with a TLC, but that wouldn't syuit Taker or the gimmick.

We'll probably see a WWE Championship match between whoever are the last two in tonights fatal 4 way. I'm predicting a HHH/Cena match. Which makes me glad that this PPV is on Box Office so I can miss it.

Mickie James vs. Nattie Neidhart is another guess. I read that they're going to have a Smackdown's women's champ. So she appears to be the most logical choice. I doubt it would be Victoria. She's been nobody in the whole promotion for over a year now.

Orton vs HHH
WWE Title Match

Orton to retain at Backlash, JBL gets eliminated then Clothesline From Hell on HHH for Cena or Orton to pin him. HHH gets the rematch after "getting screwed"

Edge vs Undertaker
World Heaviweight Title Ladder Match
Cant see there being a clean win at Backlash so the rematch happens here with Edge chosing a ladder match. Taker has shown he can pull off a quality ladder match when he had one with Hardy. Taker win to end the feud.

Cena vs Keneddy
Keneddy to come out on Raw and mock Cena for wasting his chance, battle of the big mouths on the mic leading to a number 1 contenders feud at one night stand and hopefully a push for keneddy

William Regal vs CM Punk
Punk challenges Regal to a rematch claiming he can beat him on a level playing field. Regal wins by DQ leading to a No Dq match or something like that at one night stand.

Y2J vs Michaels vs Batista
Jericho takes out both men at the end of the match at Backlash after both push him around, leads to a triple threat match here.

Umaga vs Jeff Hardy
Hardy will need someone to feud with to get his fitness back and Hardy/Umaga is always a good match.

Bearing in mind that Backlash has not yet happened, I'll run with the following:

Triple H v Randy Orton
WWE Title match
This seems to be the most popular choice, and I like the sound of it. Orton will retain at Backlash leading to this one-on-one match a month later. HHH will pick up the win here and become the new champ. I see an eventual heel turn although I would like HHH to be a face champ for a while at least - feuding with JBL for the belt into the summer (see below).

Edge (with Curt Hawkins, Zach Ryder, Chavo Guerrero & Bam Neely) v Undertaker
World title match
Undertaker obviously retains at Backlash leading to this match at Judgement Day. In the run up to Judgement Day Edge becomes ever more desperate, obsessive and maniacal about Taker and getting the belt of from him. After Taker being on the receiving end of numerous (unsuccessful) beatdowns on episodes of Smackdown, the odds are well and truly stacked against him for the Judgement Day match.

Vicki makes a match having The Edgeheads as well as Chavo and Bam in Edge's corner at ringside, also making it a no-DQ match. She too will go to increasingly desperate and one-sided measures to make sure her lover gets the title back...

And he does in this match! Edge walks out the champ! Although I would book this merely as a swerve. Taker regains the belt (or has it rewarded back to him by Teddy Long days later, or something like that).

I would like the feud to go on a bit longer, keep it simmering on Smackdown, Edge constantly messing with 'Taker. In his desperation at STILL not getting the job done properly, Edge turns heel on Vicki, spearing her or Edgecution in the ring, as he claims she was holding him back/he was only using her to get the title/he spits on the Guerrero name, etc. (Vicki and Chavo turn face).

I would then continue to book Edge as psychotic and desperate up until a blow off match at Bad Blood with 'Taker. Have an over-the-top storyline here - get Edge and the Edgeheads to kidnap Taker and bury him in a woods somewhere, effectively trying to 'kill' him. Yeah it sounds sucky and 'Katy Vick'-like but it could work. Leading eventually to their final match - a Buried Alive match at Badd Blood, or at a later PPV, - Taker retains. End of feud.

John Cena v J B Layfield
Number one contender match for the WWE title
It would be fun to see these two go at it again in another brawl, a no1 contender match.
I would have JBL pick up the win here. Keep Cena away from the title and HHH a while longer. I don't see anything wrong with Cena and HHH continuing a long, bitter feud over the course of several months, but in the future. They should feud, as they are the two top stars on Raw.

So this then sets up a JBL feud into the summer with HHH as champ, and still babyface in this feud. They will be brawling-style matches, lots of blading, these two wouldn't put on technical classics.

How about playing on Vince's real-life friendship with JBL and bring him (occasionally - no McMahon overkill here - but he's fun in SMALL doses as a dastardly owner) into it. By this I mean replay (sort of) the Rock angle with JBL being Vince's contender as the Corporate Champion, trying to 'dethrone' HHH.

Tommy Dreamer v Kane
ECW title match
I'd love for Tommy Dreamer to have a run in the title hunt/as champion. He sure deserves it. So he should step up and challenge Kane. Kane wins this as Dreamer bumps like crazy. Although have a rematch next month under extreme rules where Dreamer gets the win... Just an idea!

Matt Hardy v MVP
Ladder match for the US Title
After MVP wins at Backlash, the blow-off to the feud sees Hardy challenge MVP to a ladder match... and wins. Hardy is new US champion, this then sees MVP make a move over to Raw. The story could be that if MVP loses, he quits. (Smackdown, that is), but then turns up on Raw.

CM Punk v Mr Kennedy
Mr Kennedy is back, and who better first feud than the MITB winner, CM Punk?

Shawn Michaels v Chris Jericho
I'd love these to have another feud. Though I'd also love for both of these to move to Smackdown. Think of the new possibilities! (Jericho or even Shawn v Taker for the title anyone?).

This comes about as a result of the previous PPV where Shawn Michaels thinks that a 'tweener-ish' Jericho screwed him out of the win. The storyline in a series of matches between these two is that Jericho portrays Shawn as a has-been who should retire himself. The promos will be amazing, as will the matches.

Big Show v Batista
After Batista beats Shawn Michaels at Backlash, he comes up against Show at Judgement Day (who beat Khali at Backlash). I would have a Batista heel turn in between, keeping Show as a bad-ass face.

So there we go! I got carried away a bit for which I apologise. Hope you like anyway...

:undertaker2::fuckoff:1 Big show vs undertaker world heavyweight title I thing edge loses to taker at backlash and they should fight at ons because it's a gimmick pay pandig show beats batista and edge for where the winner faces undertaker at judgment day for the whc where taker wins with a gogolptha and faces edge at ons in a three stages of hell match.
2 Randy orton vs Triple h wwe title I think orton retains the title after jbl hits the game with a clotheline from hell and orton rkos him nad wining the match then on raw hhh says he was screwed and wants a another title shot but then regal comes out and says if you want a shot you have to beat cena and jbl in a triple theart match which he wins I think this is where hhh takes the title cause of the bad rating of kotr he thinks if he wins the ratings go up and turns heel afterwards
3 ecw title edge vs kane kane retains the title at backlash but chavo wants a another shot but he has to beat edge the winner faces kane edge wins then out comes kane and chockslams the hell out of edge the match should be good where edge goes for a spear but kane moved and tomestones him for the win but then the edge heads bam neely and chavo come but kane gets a chair and hits all of them then he grads edge and tomestones him on the ecw table
4 intercontinental title chris jericho vs mr kennedy when kennedy returns he says he wants the intercontinental title but y2j comes and its a brawl but regal comes out and says it will be y2j vs kennndy at judgment day where kennedy wins after a good match with a mic chick and starts a fend between the two.
5 john cena vs jbl the two fend after backlash should be a real brawla no dq where cena over comes the odds and wins
6vp vs matt hardy us title ladder match mvp wins at backlash with a cheap win and hardy wants a anothe shot he gets one where he picks the match and it is a ladder match tis would be a one year regin for mvp and why not have it end tonight sorryabout the my earlier thing my compter wasn't working back to the match matt finllay wins the title.

hmmmm lets see .

World Title- Undertaker vs. Edge- Well I can def. see the Taker/ Edge feud lasting probably up until One NIght Stand since its only 2 weeks after Judgment Day and wouldnt make any sence to start a new feud so I see These two going at it again in another great match with a gimmick. I can see last ride or casket, then save probably a buried alive match for One Nigt Stand to end the feud. Take wins this and retains as edge becomes crazy and desperate to get the belt back.

WWE Title- Triple H vs. Randy Orton- This is where Triple H wins the big one finally ans hopefully keeps it for more then a few hours. I see them battling in maybe an I Quit Match or Hell in a Cell.

ECW Title- Kane vs. Chavo- Chavo get one last chance at the belt. Maybe an Inferno match or No DQ's match. One match will be here the other save for One NIght Stand to end the feud.

Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho vs. Batista- Triple Threat finally happens and Jerichos Int. Title is put on the line to make it exciting. Id like to see Shawn win this and have a little run with the Int. Title would be interesting to see. Then have Shawn and Jericho going back and forth with the belt in some matches to get some credibility back into the belt.

Matt Hardy vs. MVP- Matt Hardy finally wins the U. S. Title here and MVP moves on to bigger and beter things- WWE/World Title and maybe over to Raw.

Not shure what else will happen but would love to see something involved with Wiliam Regal.

(*)=winner and (c)=champion

World Heavyweight Championship Match:
Edge Vs The Undertaker(C*)
Well in this match i can see Undertaker retaining in both Backlash and Judgement day and the fued still goes on.

ECW Championship Match
Kane(c*) vs Bam Neely
Chavo fails to retain the ECW championship so he gave Bam Neely a chance to claim the Championship but he fails too.

WWE championship
Triple H(*) vs Randy Orton(c)
Randy Orton retains the championship and now Triple H cuts a promo after backlash and claims a rematch but JBL and Cena comes out and Regal comes to say that it will be a triple threat for the #1 contender spot.

United states championship
Last Man Standing match
Matt Hardy(*) vs MVP(C)
MVP loses by DQ in backlash and Matt claims that he is scared to fight him and MVP tells him that it will be a rematch and will be a last man standing match at judgement day.

Batista(*) vs HBK vs Chris Jericho
Chris Jericho ends up leaving both hbk and batista and batista and hbk wants a rematch and Regal comes out to say that it will be a triple threat at judgement day.

Big Show vs Jeff Hardy(*)
Big show comes out and interferes and makes Hardy lose in a match and that starts the fued.

world heavyweight title : so i think undert(aker vs edge at judgement day because when edge will return on smack down he will say u can t beat me by pinfall or any otherway if u donot have that submission u will notbe able to beat me so undertaker give edge a rematch but he let edge decide

SO JUDGEMENT DAY 2008 WHC
NDERTAKER VS 3EDGE IN A TLC MATCH

Speculative Predictions:

WWE Championship - Triple H versus Randy Orton
--Boring rematch. Triple H retains.

World Heavyweight Championship - Undertaker versus Edge
--Probably a gimmick...maybe a Last Man Standing match or something, I don't know. I can't see them doing a Hell in a Cell this close to the last one, but gimmicks usually end the feud and I can't see it going past one more match.

ECW Championship - Kane versus ???
--Probably Bam Neely or Chavo, which sucks. I wish they'd forget Chavo exists lol.

King of the Ring - William Regal versus Mr. Kennedy
--I don't know if this will be on the card, or if they'll work on it for Raw-only, but I can see them having a feud now that they had that segment tonight. Possibly, Regal puts up the title of King of the Ring on the line, and either Kennedy wins and re-sets their original plan, or loses and helps to solidify himself as a face.

United States Championship - Matt Hardy versus MVP
--Matt retains.

Women's Championship - Mickie James versus Beth Phoenix
--Mickie retains. This is purely for the rematch aspect.

Cena versus JBL
--Unfortunately, I think this is going to be on the card, instead of just being on Raw. Cena wins, as they haven't had him come out on top of a ppv match since the Royal Rumble.

Batista versus Jericho
--I doubt this will happen, but I don't see them keeping these two off the card, so who knows?

TheOneBigWill's (early) Judgment Day 2008 Predictions:

Confirmed:

W.W.E. Championship: Steel Cage: Triple H. v. Randy Orton: I just got done expressing my feelings on this match in the thread designed for it. Overall, I'm not pleased it'll be wasting space on yet another Pay Per View. I don't care if its a single's match, gimmick match, or multiple man match.. the focus point of Triple H. v. Randy Orton has been lost on me since 2005.

Rumored:

#1. Contender's Match: John Cena v. J.B.L.: On Raw, J.B.L. issued the challenge that he wanted John Cena, and then he wanted his damn torch back! This has all signs pointing to a Judgment Day #1. Contender's match in which the odds on favorite will be John Cena, however in following with this year's assumed plan.. Cena will once again fall short to gaining a Championship match, until a bigger named Pay Per View comes along.

I say J.B.L. picks up the shock-value victory, and goes on to face Triple H. at One Night Stand.

Grudge Match: Lord William Regal v. Mr. Kennedy: After Monday Night Raw, if this match doesn't happen then Paul Burchill v. Mr. Kennedy will. Kennedy returned as a face and looks to be the number one guy to challenge Regal's "kinghood" first.

If this match does happen, it confuses me majorly. First, I wouldn't know who would end up winning because I can't see them having Kennedy return to job. (again) However they just gave Regal quite possibly the greatest spot on the Raw roster, not being a World Champion.. and for him to lose would be pointless in giving him all this power.

So I've come up with two logical points of view on the outcome. The first would be to have Regal lose via Disqualification, only to change the stipulation to No DQs. Then to lose via pinfall, only to change the stipulation to Submission match, only. Thus, he finally picks up a victory.. after screwing Kennedy out of two clear-cut wins.

The second would be having Paul Burchill interfere, helping Regal win, in exchange for an Intercontinental Championship match. Naturally, as you can tell either theory pushes Regal for the victory, yet wouldn't hurt Kennedy. If Kennedy wins, Regal's run as "King" will have already taken a major blow.

World Heavyweight Championship: Undertaker v. The Big Show: I read a report that Edge will be "out of action" for upwards of 2-3 monthes. The report I read said that in real life, Edge has been hurting for quite some time and wants a rest. The "reason" will be Taker's unwillingness to release the submission hold at Backlash, thus resulting in a "serious injury."

As a result, Vickie Guerrero will be looking to get revenge for her fallen lover. And lets face it, the revenge she'll be looking for, damn sure won't be at the hands of Zach Ryder, Curt Hawkins or Chavo Guerrero. As a result, I think the Big Show wins some type of number one contender match.. or is put up against Undertaker, against his will, and he accepts competing since it'd be for the Championship.

Grudge Match: Chris Jericho v. Shawn Michaels: They've been building for these two to face off since before the Batista/H.B.K. storyline was finished. While I'm unsure if Batista will just take a Backlash loss and move on.. after seeing Jericho's ass-like promo against Shawn on Raw.. I'm almost certain Shawn will want to go against him.

As a result, Shawn's "injury" will likely play into the match, and Jericho will likely pick up a victory with his Walls of Jericho. Shawn and Judgment Day have never seemingly gotten along.

Raw Tag Team Championships: Hardcore Holly & Cody Rhodes v. Santino Marella & Carlito: I'm begging, pleading and hoping this ends up being a random Raw match. But more likely than not they'll phase it into the Pay Per View to randomly make me suffer.

If this ends up being a Pay Per View match, Carlito & Santino are almost as good as gold to win the straps. If its a regular Raw match.. it shows the W.W.E. isn't willing to promote their Tag Team division (yet) back on Pay per view and as a result, aren't comfortable with Carlito/Santino.

E.C.W. Championship: Kane v. Bam Neely or Shelton Benjamin: I don't think Chavo will factor into another rematch. That being said, Bam Neely provides a big bodied opponent for Kane to go toe to toe with. Mark Henry is also another likely choice.

If they decided to step away from the Big v. Big situation, then I still don't see Chavo getting a rematch and I see Shelton Benjamin finally getting his shot. If it happens this soon, I definately don't see the Gold Standard picking up any gold, however.

Overall Thoughts: C.M. Punk through my predictions is still being left off the card. And for once I don't intentionally mean to do so. However, I have no spot for him. Short of C.M. Punk v. Matt Hardy, or possibly M.V.P. v. C.M. Punk for the MITB case I don't know where Punk could, would or will fit into play on this Pay Per View.

I'm liking the rumored matches so far for Judment Day.

HHH/Orton in a cage should be good (even though I'm sick of HHH being champ). HHH will retain. My guess is he will be champ at least through Summerslam. Hopefully I'm wrong. I would love for Jericho or JBL to prove me wrong!

Jericho/HBK would be great. I think they are headed that way. Jericho is playing the tweener part great. Guess what folks? JERICHO IS BACK!!! He may not have saved us from Orton, but he's found his stride again I think!

Kane needs a new fued. I like Chavo, but I'm ready for Kane to move into a new fued to freshen up ECW. I'm not gonna be picky about who should challenge him, just please give Kane a worthy opponent. Kane should retain at Judgment Day, and hopefully have a nice run until at least Summerslam too!

Kennedy/Regal looks very promising. I'm a big fan of both. These two could fight each other to the top. Rock and HHH did it back in the day. I would love a series of fights between these two. There again Summerslam of Great American Bash could finish these 2 up with a Hell in the Cell. Even without the title, these 2 would greatly benefit from a match of that calibur. I'm sure wwe wouldn't go for that, so I'll settle for a Last Man Standing.

Mark Henry vs. Big Show:

So Show is going to go through all the big guys till he gets stopped by Taker. WWE must think this will build him up, and he'll suddenly become a credible challenger. Problem is that Big Show hasn't been credible in the 9.5 years he's been in WWE. It's not going to suddenly happen now. He's also defeating wrestlers who've hardly been pushed in months. Defeating Khali might have worked before September last year, but it won't now. Same with Henry. He's not going to get over that way. Finlay isn't doing anything. May as well pair them up. If he can get a good match out of Khali then he can with Show.

Ok, so, someone direct me to why exactly Kennedy Vs Regal isnt happening here?? At least the first in a series of matches??? Or hey, here is an idea....If they would go ahead and form the brit stable, and actually give Birchill some direction, we could easily have a fine Enemy Vs Enforcer match right here. Kind of a "you have to get through my stable to get to me" type thing. But no. Birchill squashes Super Crazy on heat (pointless) and Kennedy squashes Snitsky on RAW (also pointless). How is this all so easily overlooked??? This would be a very good mid card match up, with direction. So as of right now, we have, no US title match, no match for Batista, Kennedy, MVP, Umaga. WWE is utterly confusing sometimes.

That feud has potential. It won't make a good impression if they announce it a couple of days before the show. It'll happen, just not for a few weeks. I'd much rather see Kennedy come out at JD and cut a promo. Only for Regal to come out with Birchill and announce a handicap no DQ match. Have Birchill win, but with the stipulation, a hard fought match and frequent Regal intervention it shouldn't harm him, it'll make him look like he was screwed. That should help him as a face.

Yea, thats basically what I was getting at. Just the initial face off, beginning of the fued, with Kennedy going down in flames and getting his ass whupped by Regal and the boys. Setting up a hardcore match of some sort, between Kennedy and Burchill at ONS, and a road eventually leading to Regal. Ah, in a perfect world....Maybe we will get something simular, with a sudden Kennedy promo, or a regal interruption, or something. COme to think of it, Hardy came back last night, and doesnt have a match either....

If they werent morons, and had established this damn stable already, Hard and Kennedy Vs DH SMith and Burchill wouldve been a good mid card fued building tag match,

Predictions:

Triple H vs. Randy Orton

I couldn't care less about this match. I've seen it before. I was unimpressed in 204, unimpressed in 2007 (TWO TIMES IN ONE FUCKIN' SHOW) and I'll be unimpressed in 2008. I couldn't care less. Glad this isn't on Sky, that way i can avoid it until I buy the DVD like the dumb prick I am. Triple H wins. Isn't it obvious.

The Miz & John Morrison vs. ECW Champion Kane & CM Punk

This is anybodys. I don't think Punk & kane can lose this without looking weak. I don't see why they can't add Chavo & his man friend. It'll add another eliment. Stack the cards against the team with stars, it also wouldn't make them look inferior if they lose.

Undertaker vs. Edge

This feud got old quick. Edge will take it. The way Smackdown is being booked I can't see it any other way. That result will also shock more people. It's not liek taker lost the title anyway. Edge wins tomorrow, Undertaker wins it back at one Night Stand.

Mickie James vs. Beth Phoenix vs. Melina

This will be average. People go crazy for Mickie & Melina. Yet neither is great. Nobody gives a fuck about Beth, yet she's got genuine wrestling talent. Go figure. Mickie retains.

JBL vs. John Cena

This will be horrible. I'm unsure. Cena can't lose again on PPV can he?

Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels

I couldn't care less about this. That shows how boring both are. It's not 2003. They might steal the show, but they don't really have any competition now do they. Batista causes HBK to lose.

Additional Matches:

Big Show vs. Mark Henry

Somebody gives a shit. Probably Henry's mother. Bad match. Big Show will never be taken seriously as a main eventer.

Lance Cade vs. Trevor Murdock

Face it. There's no point booking them in a feud, or even announcing a match a couple of weeks in advance. Nobody will care. Murdock trips over tumbleweed, Cade rolls up for pin.

This has to be the first time since Royal Rumble 2007 that Batista hasn't had a match on PPV. Refreshing change. It's good how they got the new U.S. Champ on PPV. Way to push him WWE.

Overall:

Wanktastic.

you know something. even though iits virtually a glorified episode of RAW, this PPV is kinda sick, becuase its one of the most unpredictable shows in a LONG time. Honestly, Trips Vs Orton is the only one im 100% sure on. I have no fucking idea whatsoever about any of the other matches. Small build time makes it hard to tell were they want to go with things. So just that makes me want to see this, becuase I have no idea who may or may not win. craziness.

TheOneBigWill's predictions for Judgment Day 2008:

W.W.E. Championship: Steel Cage Match: Triple H. (c.) v. Randy Orton: Ironically enough something clicked in my head that triggered a stupid gene. I'm not remotely excited to see this match, and I haven't the slightest idea why. I don't recall Orton or H.H.H. having a cage match before and I'm interested to see if they'll actually interact with the cage, or if it'll just be a structure in the way of better camera shots.

Maybe I'm excited because I'm remotely believing that this will be the last time Orton & Triple H. will be in the same match against each other, short of it being on Raw, for at least a year or two. (minus Elimination Chamber matches, or over 4 men involved matches) In the end, Triple H. should get the nod. I doubt very seriously they have him drop the Championship less than a month after winning it. However it wouldn't completely shock me if they did. The passed few Triple H. Championship reigns have looked "Flair-like" in which he wins them, then loses them quickly. I still can't see Orton winning.. period.

World Heavyweight Championship: The Undertaker v. Edge: The World Championship is vacant, so you'd assume this match will at least fall under no countouts, no disqualifications, right? Yet the Undertaker can't use his submission hold, otherwise Edge will win (by DQ?) and become the new Champion. Thats kinda a hidden gem in this clusterf*ck of a grudge match.

Overall, this could go either way and even with Edge winning, it still hurts him greatly because he'd be expected to drop the Championship in TWO F*CKING WEEKS!! (At One Night Stand) Overall, they should've gave Edge the Championship at Backlash, or ended that match in a manner in which the title could've been stripped more properly. With Vickie just taking it from Taker because he used a submission hold, (that wasn't illegal until after he used it) then randomly putting Taker in the match to determine a new Champion withOUT making him reearn the spot.. what was the point? Edge, even at cheating, still had to 'earn' a spot in this match. Whereas Taker, who was stripped and punished, was still rewarded with the open spot to face whomever?! Thats T.N.A. stupidity booking.

I'm hoping Edge wins, and maybe between now and One Night Stand they forget giving it back to Taker. If not, then just let Taker win and be done with this already. Its only killing Edge slowly as a threat of any kind in the Main Event spot, short of having him jump and defeat Triple H. for that title. (which likely isn't happening, soon anyways)

Intercontinental Championship: Chris Jericho (c.) v. Shawn Michaels: So first the match was going to be half-assed because we thought an injury angle was going to keep Shawn Michaels from fully showcasing his abilities. Now we're assuming the match will be half-assed because he expressed to the world how he faked the injury, so Batista's going to show up and cost him the match.

Either way, anyone getting their hopes up that this will be even remotely like 2003, or better, is going to be greatly disappointed. I'm hoping I get proven wrong, but if Batista interferes, I won't be. Furthermore, putting the Intercontinental Championship on the line is almost like Superman's kryptonite, as its midcard gold to the Main Eventer in Shawn Michaels. Its almost common nature that he won't win a Championship that could be considered "beneath him."

In the end, sadly, I see Chris Jericho picking up the victory, short of Batista being a complete moron and just giving Shawn Michaels the win via DQ.

Grudge Match: John Cena v. John 'Bradshaw' Layfield: While Jake isn't happy about these two butting heads, for the first time in a while I'm remotely excited about a John Cena match. Maybe its because he isn't involved, or even considered to be close to being involved in a World Championship contest? I don't know.

I'm still not big (never have been) on J.B.L., and I do agree with Jake that this will be a shit match, with two brawlers who try to pass off knowing wrestling holds. If this were a no DQ match, or an I Quit match like it was 2 years ago, it might be remotely interesting and completely exciting. However, its not. I still see J.B.L. picking up the shock-value victory, off a remotely clean win. Somehow I see him getting out of the F-U, then connecting with a Clothesline from Hell.

W.W.E. Tag Team Championships: The Miz & John Morrison v. C.M. Punk & Kane: I'm really unsure on how to determine this match. The only way Kane and Punk can afford to lose, is if Punk turns heel on Kane and justifies dropping (yet another) high profile match to two guys that are still considered midcard level, at best.

I'm excited to see John Morrison once again get the opportunity to shine, especially in a Tag match on Pay Per View. (when was the last Tag match on p.p.v., that was for the titles?)

In the end, I think Kane & C.M. Punk will come out victorious and become the New Tag Team Champions. This is only building on the same storyline from last year, that involved Matt Hardy and M.V.P. most likely. Punk will in the long run, cash in on Kane, only after teaming with him to learn his weaknesses. I bet thats the case. Lets just hope this storyline ends a LOT sooner than a year from now.

If you truly wanna shock me regarding a Punk match. Have him turn heel on the p.p.v. and cash in to win. I might attempt liking him again. (might)

Women's Championship: Triple Threat Match: Mickie James (c.) v. Melina v. Beth Phoenix: I'm still excited for this match, but the outcome is likely Mickie James retaining over Melina, which won't kick Beth from the Championship race. The reason most people are apparently hyped and excited is for good reason. This will be a contest between three talented female wrestlers, not divas.

Furthermore, having Melina and Beth at each other's throat leaves it wide open to truly be unlike any Triple Threat before, in which it'll be everyone for themselves, instead of two on one. (Dispite I'm sure Beth and Melina may still work together) In the end, Mickie James will more than likely retain. It'd be stupid to give the belt back to Beth, as at that point it'd only be trading it off like a piece of candy. I'm sure the next Women's title change will be at Night of Champions, if they have the rumored ladder match that was talked about.

Overall Thoughts: Once again I'm in agreement with Jake. I love how they crown a new United States Champion, only to leave him off the following Pay Per View. Furthermore, I completely enjoy how Mr. Kennedy is being apparently shoved in a HUGE push.. yet the guy shockingly defeats a jobber on Raw, and isn't anywhere near this Pay Per View. (minus some type of backstage segment, which is more or less what they're getting at claiming hes only worth)

It was rumored that Big Show v. Mark Henry might be added to the card. I'd be more willing to see William Regal v. Jeff Hardy, or even Mr. Kennedy. (which I honestly have been eagerly waiting for that match-up.) If Show/Henry is added now, instead of One Night Stand I'll be more thankful that it'll end quicker. But (once again in agreement with Jake) having Show dominate all the other Super-Heavyweight's doesn't make him any more massive or powerful.

Mark Henry and the Great Khali have both lost to guys like Rey Mysterio and Finlay. If Big Show DIDN'T beat them I'd be shocked. So when he does, I fail to see why he deserves anything more than a cookie.

In the end, I'm with NorCal. This p.p.v. is exciting because of the unknowns that can happen in a lot of the matches. Victories can be decided on either side (minus the H.H.H. match) and it'll be a chance for the W.W.E. to throw in a couple shocking moments, perhaps.

FINAL JUDGMENT DAY PREDICTIONS

WWE Championship: Triple H vs. Randy Orton
--Frankly, I don't give a damn about this match in the slightest bit, which annoys me, as theoretically, I should care the MOST about the WWE title. Triple H flatlines a lot of the time for me as its just the same old, same old. Orton, while being something different, is starting to get into that pattern as well. But far outshining that is the fact that we've seen these two go at it time and time again and the matches themselves are repetitive. How long into the match are we going to see Orton go for the RKO, HHH push him forward, Orton to go the ropes, turn around, get kicked in the stomach, then the Pedigree happens? I hope that they end this match with Triple H walking out of the door as opposed to getting the pin/submission or climbing over the top. Why? Because it'll be a nice way of making it seem like Orton had a chance and Triple H barely won the match. Because of that, though, I can't honestly say I think it WILL happen, because Triple H likes to book himself to look dominant most of the time. So all in all, I expect Triple H to come out the winner by pinning Orton, then standing on the top of the cage and posing.

World Heavyweight Championship: Undertaker vs. Edge
--Giving the belt to the Undertaker, despite how we all know he'll come out in the long run on top, would be stupid right now. Why strip him just to give him the title back immediately? Preferably, what I'd like to see happen, since One Night Stand is only 2 weeks away, is the following: Undertaker looks like he's going to win, but he goes for the chokehold, which would get him disqualified. He realizes it, so he stops, but this allows Edge to somehow get the upper hand, cheat, and win the title. The next Smackdown episode, Teddy Long comes out and says he's had yet another meeting with "the board". Due to Edge's cheating throughout this whole time, including last night, and Vickie's betrayal of the board's requests in the past, EDGE is now stripped of the title, Vickie is fired/demoted, Long is the new GM, and we still have no champion. However, since One Night Stand is coming up, he decides that it needs to end once and for all. Undertaker versus Edge, Last Man Standing or Casket Match, and the winner is the champion, however, the loser cannot request a rematch for as long as the other is champion. Still, though, I expect WWE not to put that much thought into it, so this match will probably end with either Taker winning and Edge just getting ANOTHER rematch at ONS, or Edge cheating to win, Taker getting a rematch at ONS, and then that's it.

Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels
--We all know Batista is ruining this match. That way, they can have a triple threat at One Night Stand and end it. Should be decent up until the big oaf comes into play.

John Cena vs. JBL
--Been saying it for a while, unless they want to push Regal as the next challenge, which I don't think will happen until Night of Champions, JBL will be HHH's opponent at One Night Stand. This gives them a gimmick to work with, as JBL is horrid in the ring, and prevents another HHH/Orton match. Despite not being a fan of Cena, and not wanting to see Cena/HHH either, I'm kind of feeling bad for the guy. He's been working his ass off and when he comes to Raw or a ppv, he just loses and gets booed lol. Since it looks like Kennedy isn't getting a feud with Regal (not sure why....) I could see Regal shutting the lights off in this match, costing Cena the win, and then having Cena/Regal at One Night Stand.

WWE Tag Team Championships: John Morrison & The Miz vs. C.M. Punk & Kane
--This match intrigues me the most out of the entire ppv, because, as Jake, NorCal, and Will have said, its totally up in the air who wins it. I wouldn't be opposed to The In Crowd dropping the titles, as Punk and Kane are high enough on the scales to warrant the win, but only if Morrison gets boosted to the main event (which I think they've been testing him for, with his matches against Batista and Kane) and Miz goes to challenge Hardy for the US title. I wouldn't mind a Punk heel turn here, especially now that Kennedy is face, but I don't really see it coming. However, you never know...but if he turns heel, he'll do it by cashing in on Kane, and if he wins that, he's stuck on ECW. If he doesn't win it, he'll look like an idiot.

Women's Championship: Mickie James vs. Melina vs. Beth Phoenix
--Mickie will retain by pinning Melina. We're all calling it, and I'd bet my car that we're right.

Possibility: Big Show v. Mark Henry
--I hope this just becomes a Smackdown feud instead. I'd much rather see something with Hardy, Kennedy, or Regal. Whenever this happens, Big Show goes over.

JUDGMENT DAY REVIEW

JBL vs. John Cena
--Well, as you can read above, I was really expecting JBL to win. Proved me wrong. I don't really see the point in Cena winning outside of just flat out giving him a win since he's lost so much lately...but is this still a #1 contender's match as it seemed like it was in the beginning? I doubt it. Decent match, for JBL/Cena. Nothing great.

The In Crowd vs. Kane & CM Punk
--Morrison came out looking pretty strong in the end, which is good. Good match for the most part, nothing spectacular. Glad to see them retain, though I hope they drop the titles in a way that continues how they're building up to better things.

Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho
--Very solid match. Captured my attention the whole time. But is that really a surprise, with these two great performers? Some great reversals and counters in here, the Sweet Chin Music on the edge of the apron was nice, but my favorite part was the simple handshake. Idk, I'm a sucker for faces shaking hands after a match due to "mutual respect" lol. I expected a Batista run-in, but I'm glad they didn't do it.

Mickie James vs. Melina vs. Beth Phoenix
--Solid Diva's match, which is a major compliment lol. Beth's double back-breaker was cool. The ending was a bit rushed, it seemed, but they almost always end in something like that, so it wasn't too much of a shock.

Undertaker vs. Edge
--Pretty good match. Better than their Backlash one, not as interesting as their WrestleMania one...though that might just be due to ambiance and mood. Undertaker winning by a countout, meh....Vickie really couldn't remember her dialogue, I guess, as she dragged out her speech way too long. Took her like 4 minutes to say "Championships don't change hands with count-outs and DQ's."

MVP vs. Jeff Hardy
--Decent. Nothing fantastic. Letter grade would be a "B". Hell of a lot better than watching Big Show/Mark Henry lol. I'm a fan of Jeff, and I'm a fan of MVP, but I wish it didn't end with a Whisper in the Wind. Still, this match probably doesn't matter in the long run. I doubt there will be a feud brewing or something.

Triple H vs. Randy Orton
--Still not liking Orton's music. It killed all the momentum again. That, combined with Triple H's constantly long entrance, just made me wish I could fast forward. I hate that. Maybe it was this entrance, maybe it was their styles, or maybe it was just because we've seen it a million times in the past year, but I just couldn't get into this match. How many times did we have to see Orton hanging on the edge, waiting for HHH to get there, looking totally out of place instead of just dropping? HHH pins Orton, the most dominant way of winning (figures lol), and I was hoping that HHH would just leave the cage and win that way, as that would let Orton look pretty good as well in the process. This match just didn't do it for me.

All in all, decent ppv, not worth 40 bucks so I'm glad I didn't pay for it. Some tweaks would've made it better, but I wasn't going into this expecting something amazing.

Match of the Night = HBK vs. Y2J
Overall PPV letter grade = C+

TheOneBigWill's 'take' on Judgment Day 2008: May 18th, 2008:

The Matches:

1. John 'Bradshaw' Layfield v. John Cena: We open the Pay Per View with the biggest grudge match on tonight's card, as J.B.L. is out first followed by the golden boy. I'd say for a regular match with rules, it was definately everything it lived up to as far as a brawl goes.

J.B.L. controlled roughly the entire match with shear dominance and overall power, working over Cena's shoulder and ribs to a major extent. The match went about 20 minutes, if not a bit over, and in the end dispite working over the shoulder throughout the whole thing, Cena managed to somehow cut through the pain, and catch J.B.L. in a quick F-U to pick up the (honestly shocking) victory.

J.B.L. sat in the ring in disbelief, as Cena continued to sell an injury that he somehow forgot he had in the progress of delivering his shoulder based finisher.

It gets me how the man has an equally powerful submission hold that J.B.L. tapped to, just last month, that he could've used even better and still majorly sold the shoulder injury. Yet instead of giving J.B.L. ANY type of credit, he just completely for a split second and the deciding moment of the match decides to fuck everything, Bradshaw did, over.

2. W.W.E. Tag Team Championship: The Miz & John Morrison v. C.M. Punk & Kane: The first Championship of the night, not surprisingly, is the Tag Team titles. Miz & Morrison are out first followed by the MITB holder, C.M. Punk, and the E.C.W. Heavyweight Champion, Kane.

Once again, when Punk is in the ring with talent, the guy looks above average and downright amazing. I don't get why he falls off the learning curve when hes the guy thats looked to be leaned on. I'm still hoping the rumored heel turn will help that perhaps. With all due respect and just credit, Punk really did perform above average in this match and connected on several great high flying moves throughout the match, including a great suicide dive outside the ring.

Kane on the other hand looked very sluggish against his cruiserweight sized opponents and it definately wasn't the best of match-ups for him. Then again more than half of the E.C.W. roster isn't the best of match-ups for him, but I'm still thankful hes getting the push he half-way deserved.

On the flip side of the ring, the Miz looked good, but nothing that I haven't seen any other time. And John Morrison (as always, to me) pretty much shined in the match.

In the end, they focused on the streak Miz and Morrison are beginning to snowball into, while Punk is still on the incredible downside push since becoming MITB. Miz grabs the attention of Punk, who almost had it won, only for Miz to take one hell of a f*cking Chokeslam by Kane on the outside of the ring. Meanwhile, Punk turns into the Midnight Drive by Morrison, who picks up the victory as the Tag Team Champions retain. In the end, Kane is left staring at Punk, who remained sitting in the ring, as he looked like he was about to breakdown from his sudden impact in realizing he sucks.

3. Non-Title Match: Chris Jericho v. Shawn Michaels: MATCH OF THE NIGHT! Also the most controversial match of the night. For the title, not for the title? Build as a Championship match on wwe.com, replaced as a grudge match on wwe.com at very last second. Way to lie to the fans in an attempt to sell to more.

While the entire way through the match I had it on my mind that H.B.K. was likely going to get screwed over by Batista because there was no way I felt they'd give him a 'midcard Championship' I was completely IMPRESSED by how great this match was. I went in fully expecting a half-assed, crap match that couldn't compete with their original Wrestlemania XIX match-up and I was pleasantly and fully surprised with how amazing these two still continued to work.

I love how each man knows exactly how to counter the others finishing move, and Jericho's counter of the Superkick into the Codebreaker was beautiful. Simply beautiful. The fans in Omaha must of been high on corn, as during part of this match after several close call finishes, they decided to break into major "Batista" chants. I was honestly disappointed in these morons, as this was the best match of the night, and quite honestly, possibly of the year. Yet the crowd had nothing better to do, than chant for a guy that can't even sell a muscle tee.

In the end, Shawn Michaels picks up the victory, and I LEAPED (yes, leaped) from my chair with the following statement: "Holy SHIT! Shawn Michaels just fucking won the Intercontinental Championship?! SHAWN MICHAELS JUST FUCKING WON THE MIDCARD TITLE!!!!" Then I see him leave without the title, followed by Jericho leaving WITH the title, FOLLOWED BY Jerry Lawler utter the priceless words that could've been mentioned BEFORE THE MATCH STARTED.. "Good thing the title wasn't on the line."

Uhm, yeah.. good thing the people on wwe.com know how to lure you into false belief of a Championship match, ********.

4. Triple Threat Women's Championship: Mickie James (c.) v. Melina v. Beth Phoenix: Continuing in the ways of Championship matches, the Women's title is up next. Upon the three Ladies entering the ring, Beth quickly attempts dispatching Melina by opening the middle rope for her, and demanding that she leave the ring due to not being in her league. Melina responded the only way I know a female wrestler to respond. With a kick to Phoenix, sending her outside the ring as the match gets under way.

As predicted, a very solid Triple Threat match with a couple close calls by both Mickie and Beth, unfortunately Melina was the odd one out who kept getting worked over. At one point Beth Phoenix did something that half the cruiserweight roster and Colin Delaney likely can NOT do.. and thats not only lift both Mickie James and Melina up onto her shoulder, but proceed to keep them there in a double torture rack/bear hug submission hold. When they escaped the hold, and Beth rolled backwards I almost questioned if she just threw out her back.

In the end, it was Melina capitalizing on getting Phoenix out of the match, only to get caught by an opportunistic Mickie James with her Mickie-T and the 1-2-3. Mickie retains in a very entertaining Championship match.

5. World Heavyweight Championship: The Undertaker v. Edge: For the third straight Pay Per View, the Edge/Taker rivalry continues as its even eluded that this match is a year in the making since the original Edge/Taker feud 'began' last year before Judgment Day. (nice) As their previous two encounters, the third was once again a very evenly based match-up, with Taker slightly having a power advantage and Edge having the mental ability to out-think Taker's next move.

During this match, Edge at one point forgot who he was, as he decided to attempt walking the ropes. (Seriously?!) Taker also forgot his submission finisher was illegal, as he almost locked it in, then quickly released Edge as the official quickly reminded him. (Definate disadvantage already paying off for Edge) Taker discovered that his finishers aren't just effective, they double as lawn darts. I say this because not once, but twice did he take Edge from a chokehold position and toss him into the turnbuckle violently, but then he hooked Edge up into the Last Ride position, only to toss him against the turnbuckles, violently, again!

On the note of the Last Ride & Edge. I'm honestly getting a bit tired of Taker's gay tendencies as both times he tried lifting Edge up, he found a magical way to pull Edge's tights DOWN! Edge hit a spear, but it wasn't enough to put the Deadman away. The fight spilled to the outside of the ring, as the official began the count of doom. This proceeded to turn into a race back to the ring, which ironically Taker beat the count instead of the Ultimate Opportunist, as the world thought the Undertaker had won back his World Heavyweight Championship.

THUS IS NOT TO BE! Vickie Guerrero came out to the single loudest heel pop of the night, literally being booed for a solid 5-10 minutes and all the way through her promo. Vickie explains that while Taker may have won the match, the World Heavyweight Championship can NOT be decided on Disqualification, or Countout. Therefore, the Championship will remain vacant. (Why do I smell a T.L.C. match at One Night Stand, for the 4th straight meeting on p.p.v. between Edge & Taker coming up???)

6. M.V.P. v. Jeff Hardy: Impromptu match as M.V.P. comes out and cuts a promo about being the highest paid Smackdown Superstar, and one of the best talents on the roster, yet still remained unbooked and left off the card. He issued an open challenge to anyone willing to accept, as the familiar Hardy music ques up, and Matt comes out.

M.V.P. smiles and demands that Hardy bring his ass to the ring, and bring his United States Championship with him. Matt says that he has nothing left to prove against M.V.P. because he already proved HE was better than him, however he brought someone with him that also wants to prove hes better than M.V.P. -- JEFF HARDY!

The match begins with M.V.P. quickly destroying Hardy, much like J.B.L. did John Cena and this match was ALL M.V.P. with power, quickness and authority. However much like most of Hardy's matches, in the end it was one quick high risk move that decided the fate of the winner, and Hardy gets lucky by hitting a very slow looking "Whisper in the Wind." (dispite J.R. & the King overselling how sudden and unexpected it looked to them, "I" seen Hardy waiting on the top rope, then slowly twisting and diving into an on-waiting M.V.P.)

The slaughter of young talent continues, as first Mr. Kennedy is held off the card completely, and now Jeff Hardy's drug abusing push continues over a guy who hasn't done anything to deserve the suddenly losing streak he's on.

Segments/Promos:

Mickie James/J.B.L.: Moments before Mickie's 3-way, she's asked about how she feels for that match and somehow it gets turned into how her night with Cena went, after Raw. (slag) Her puppy dog, lustful response of the golden boy turned into the slag getting ran off by a very pissed off J.B.L. J.B.L. at which point asked Grisham to ask him a question. Who stupidly replies with.. "How do you think you'll do in the coming weeks and monthes, after suffering a loss in his fight against Cena."

J.B.L. replies with explaining to Todd that while its obvious to see hes never been in a fight in his life, J.B.L. completely destroyed John Cena for 20 plus minutes and even though Cena got lucky with a quick finish and a pinfall, J.B.L. still maintains that it was him that won the fight.. as Cena is the one in the training room, being checked over from the massive ass-whoopin' he just received. J.B.L. then told Todd that if he ever proceeded to ask another stupid question like that, he'd be in his first.. .. and last 'fight.'

Batista/Shawn Michaels: Dispite not showing up during the match like Batista eluded that he might. He went face to face with H.B.K. in the locker room saying that Shawn's time will come, but it won't be when H.B.K. says, or knows. It'll be on Batista's terms and on his decision. (So, One Night Stand it'll be, since Tista's long-range memory isn't the best)

Main Event: Steel Cage W.W.E. Championship: Triple H. (c.) v. Randy Orton: Overall I wasn't expecting anything great out of this match, but I was hoping for a proper use of the Steel Structure that they were (assumably) ending their feud in. I was still disappointed, because the biggest use of the cage was merely attempting to climb over.

The best part of the entire match was the opening bell, when Orton almost out-did himself in his baseball-like slide and almost slid directly OUT of the ring. lol This happened a couple more times, as Orton brought a steel chair into the ring and in the end, it was Triple H. (not surprisingly) picking up the victory and retaining the Championship.

This match was a major disappointment because Triple H., the king of blood-loss in matches like these, didn't lose a single drop!? The interesting note is that William Regal was shown throughout the whole night, so its pretty clear they're leaning toward a H.H.H. v. Lord Regal feud in the near future.

Overall Thoughts: I thought this Pay Per View was very on top of its game. (no pun intended) While some things were a disappointment, for the most part I was pleasantly surprised with a lot of unexpected events.

The J.B.L./Cena match, while Cena picked up a pointless victory that will lead to a gimmick based rematch in 2 weeks where J.B.L. will likely win there, the match was perfect in setting up a return brawl between the two. I'm still hoping it can be either an I Quit (rematch of sorts) or a Bullrope match. Either way, I'm almost sure a rematch will happen within 2 weeks time.

I was happy with Morrison not only retaining the Tag Team Championships with Miz, but Morrison also getting the pinfall victory. This only continues my theory that they're majorly pushing him for something big within this year, and possibly a Main Event spot toward next year.

The Jericho/H.B.K. match was on par, if not a better chapter than their original match-up on Pay Per View. I was completely shocked to see Shawn win, which is unusual for me considering I'm a huge Shawn Michaels fan. However, had I of known it was a non-title match.. I wouldn't of been shocked at all. I'm disappointed in the misunderstanding that W.W.E. played off of.

The Women's Triple Threat match was one of the best female matches W.W.E. has put on in quite some time, and I'm hoping the Beth Phoenix/Melina feud continues into One Night Stand. Hopefully W.W.E. creative won't drop the ball on this one.

Edge/Taker NEEDS TO END! Seriously, I'm more than convinced now that if Edge doesn't win the World Heavyweight Championship at One Night Stand (in what I only assume will be sided toward him, in a ladder type match) I will be completely and utterly pissed off with the fact that it will be FOUR straight MAJOR p.p.v. World Championship losses. Thats Batista type stats, and any self-respecting Superstar does not want that!

Jeff Hardy's "Gawd-like" push is astounding to me. But not unlike the "Punk-like" treatment M.V.P. has received ever since dropping the United States Championship to the lesser Hardy.

Rather disappointed completely in the misuseage of the Cage match. When blood isn't lost in a structure designed to "rip flesh" you're doing something wrong. Thats all I'm going to say on that.

Overall, dispite the disappointments I had, the action in each match was great and well played out. I rate Judgment Day 8 outta 10.

I'm kind of confused. Having not watched the show I can't be sure what really happened. But was their a MVP/Jeff Hardy match? What for. Sure as a bonus match it would be better than Henery vs. Big Show. But they'd booked that match on TV. MVP/Hardy came from out of nowhere. No point to it at all. That match is also kinda high profile to just give away. That's at least a Summer Slam match if you ask me. Certainly not an unannounced filler match.

I'm kind of confused. Having not watched the show I can't be sure what really happened. But was their a MVP/Jeff Hardy match? What for. Sure as a bonus match it would be better than Henery vs. Big Show. But they'd booked that match on TV. MVP/Hardy came from out of nowhere. No point to it at all. That match is also kinda high profile to just give away. That's at least a Summer Slam match if you ask me. Certainly not an unannounced filler match.

M.V.P. came out and cut a promo about how hes been misused (more or less) since the last Pay Per View. And he said hes sick of it, and hes still the best Superstar on Smackdown (and highest paid, etc, etc) and yet doesn't have a match.

He opened a challenge. Matt came out and said he brought someone who accepted. Jeff.

The point in the outter world, behind the scenes, is that the W.W.E. wanted Jeff Hardy to make a surprise appearance on the Pay Per View. And it was apparently reported on a couple other rumors sites that Hardy v. M.V.P. was going to happen, as early as Saturday. WZ news just didn't report it quick enough.

I agree that it was or should've been more of a high profile match, but for what it ended up being, I'm glad it wasn't booked. M.V.P. controlled the entire match and completely wore down Hardy. Only for Hardy to hit the Whisper in the Wind (which is apparently his new finisher?!) and pick up the victory.

Overall, M.V.P. is receiving the "Punk-Push."

First of all i would really like to said that i'm so glad that i got to see this PPV for free because it was one of the most boring WWE ppv since last years No Mercy.

The things is that i'm tired of these PPV with the same guys on every PPV. I know that guys like HHH and Shawn Micheals are the main attraction and that they are what the fans want to see but why have them on every PPV. I miss when you only had 4 ppv where every brand where on the card, you at less had a variety in the single brand ppv leading up to the major event. Now you get stuck with the same matches over and over again and it becoming boring.

This was the case with this ppv, Am getting tired of seeing HHH and Orton fighting each other. That match last night was just plain boring and didn'T deliver any drama because you knew that HHH would win. Same thing goes for the Undertaker vs edge match. When will that feud actually end because they had the exact same match for the last straight ppv. I'm also getting tired of Seeing HBK win over everybody. He should help put over guys like Y2j And Batista but instead all he'S doing is make them look ridiculous. Also what with the fans actually cheering for HBK, with all the heels tactics he's been using lately i would believe that the guys should be hated but no instead people cheer him and boo is opponent. I actually did enjoy the woman match but again i could see mickie james winning by beating Melina because that why see got put in the match in the first place. The other 3 match were pretty good but outside of the Cena Jbl match, none of the match meant anything and will probably be forgotten in a couple of days anyway.

If i had to give this ppv a grade i would give it 5/10 simply because even if it was a very boring ppv, some of the matches were really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back