SummerSlam: C.M. Punk vs. JBL

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
After last nights Raw you have to think it's either going to be a one-on-one Punk & JBL match. Or a Fatal 4-Way with Kane & Batista involved. But I'm guessing that those two will get a singles match. Or you might think that Cena will be involved in some cvapacity. But to be honest I don't see a place for him. Not unless he has a short feud with somebody like Jericho.

Punk & JBL has been done. So I've come to the conclusion that Punk's title reign wasn't planned. They came up with it one the morning and he won it on the evening. TNA style.

I'm assuming this will end up in some type of Fatal Four Way or even 5 way type match, with C.M. Punk, J.B.L., Batista, Kane and John Cena all involved. W.W.E. likely has it in their head that they don't want to destroy Punk's entire career by having him drop the title he never should've won, so they'll let someone like Batista, J.B.L. or Kane take the pinfall instead.

An interesting factor is the J.B.L. slip-up in his opening segment promo on Raw. He stumbled over his words, saying he would face the World Heavyweight Champion, then eluded to it being Kane?? I have no clue if that was just him being an idiot, or if there might actually be plans for Kane to randomly win the Championship off of Punk at a Raw or even Saturday Night's Main Event.

I honestly just can't picture C.M. Punk in the Main Event of Summerslam in general, but I doubt Triple H. will Main Event against someone less than Edge, and even that would be seemingly pointless, barring a gimmick attachment.

If Batista & Cena are both involved, I would completely look for a new Champion to be crowned. If it's just Punk against J.B.L., then no way Punk would lose that match. J.B.L. has taken so many losses since returning, including one (asterisk) to Punk already. I doubt it'd hurt him anymore to lose again. And Punk deserately needs to win something cleanly in order to remain anything worth mentioning as a Champion.

After last nights Raw you have to think it's either going to be a one-on-one Punk & JBL match. Or a Fatal 4-Way with Kane & Batista involved. But I'm guessing that those two will get a singles match. Or you might think that Cena will be involved in some cvapacity. But to be honest I don't see a place for him. Not unless he has a short feud with somebody like Jericho.

Punk & JBL has been done. So I've come to the conclusion that Punk's title reign wasn't planned. They came up with it one the morning and he won it on the evening. TNA style.

I see a Punk vs JBl vs Cena triple threat; for one since JBL beat Cena I think he will get his shot; you put Cena for two reason he's the brand biggest so you would want him the Main Event for one of the biggest PPV of the year; and two him JBL have a good feud so it makes sense he's the thorn JBL side trying to get back the title. I see Kane vs Batista in some style specialty match live a Inferno(has burned all of Batista shots at the belt),HIAC or buried alive match. Kane hasn't won a match since he's been on Raw so there's no need for him to get a shot at the belt.

It seems oddly fitting together if you ask me. I just don't see JBL Vs Punk as being good, or worthwhile. JBL will not win this match. Punk will lose the title shortly. It's all kind of just 'there' but with not much surrounding it.

I'm sure it won't be a singles match though. Cena will be in it, probably Batista too. Kane will get involved somehow, whether they decide to add him into the match or he just interferes. It'll be a match you could easily miss and not be any worse off for it.

I can't see Punk losing the belt just yet. He'll probably keep it until at least Unforgiven. Which isn't an awful thing. Sure, I can think of people better to have the belt on, but Punk isn't as bad as some says he is. Especially compared to some people we've seen as champion.

I think it will be CM Punk vs JBL. The way RAW unfolded, everyone pretty much paired up and JBL made his match against Punk and no one made any objections. I see Punk going over JBL, but I think either a Kane interference or finally clean.

This is an extreme long shot but I was thinking maybe a six man elimination chamber match for the World heavyweight Championship at Summerslam! The participants would be CM Punk, Batista, John Cena, JBL, Kane and Chris Jericho.
This kind of match would be an easy way to get the title off of punk but would not take away his credibility of being champion. I would love to see this match because of all the fued's being combined into one match, it would be a really explosive match.

As opposed to a 3 man Elimination Chamber match?

It would work. They could fill it easily. Problem is that they had one just 6 months ago. Actually they had two. And by the end of the night most people had, had their fill of Elimination Chambers for 2008. If WWE do that match too much then it'll become like every Cage match or Ultimate X. Pointless and not worth hyping.

I c a six man elimination chamber match as well but no jericho....some way r the other he will face off wit hbk to have a dramatic conclusion to their fued...I think the competitors in the chamber will be punk, batista, kane, jbl, cena and in a surprise return....randy orton...reports say hes ahead of schedule....I c punk pullin the upset there then orton going over at unforgiven where the new evolution will form as well..

I don't know if it's just me...but here are some thoughts on a few matches....this makes sense.

Okay, With summerslam being one of the BIG PPV's, I really don't see Michaels missing the show. With Four weeks untill Summerslam, I expect Michaels to be in very limited use up untill the PPV, but I do see him getting enough tv time to either challenge or accept a match vs Jericho, either I quit or Blindfold. Thats just me.

As for the WHC, I highly doubt they will add another superstar into the mix for Sumemrslam, the 5 wrestlers, Kane, CM Punk, Cena, JBL and Batista have all had enough time to make pretty decent fueds with each other and now with the way RAW went off air, I don't see a need to throw in a 6th man who is uninvolved and try to make him involved in time for the match. With all of their shenanigans they've been pulling the past3 or 4 weeks, I think they need to stick with the 5 of them. *Unless Randy Orton makes a return, since he was involved before the injury. Thats the only way I see it a 6 man. They will go HIAC over EC match because the 2 EC's at NWO.
Remember when Steph and Shane said that if the mayhem continues in Mr. McMahons absense, there will be severe reprocusions?
Well, they will stick to that, I promise you that. I just don't see the severe reprocussion being a gimmick match only....I see them stripping the WHC from punk, not because of anything he did neccessarily, but because of all the drama involving the belt. Then throw the 5 (6*)of them into a cell and have them tear each other apart untill there is a winner and new WHC.
Makes sense to me.

I think it will be hard for the wwe to get enough people to buy a ppv headlined by punk v jbl. So if that is the direction that they are taking for the whc it would most likely be put somewhere else on the card. Cena v batista ? IMO s/slam could be too early for them to market the feud correctly. If it was played out correctly this could be a feud of the year. so this leave us with either some form of tag match to build on this feud (cena/batista v dibiasie/rhodes) or a smackdown main event (hhh v edge in a cage).

Why not have an elimination chamber? I mean that would be awesome to have since everyone is trying to say he's a fluke champion and he comes out victorious. It could give everyone the chance to attack everyone and then set up feuds for unforgiven that are unsettled business? What do you think about that?

It is NOT going to be an Elimination Chamber match, I can guarantee you that, there were only five guys that were fighting eachother last night after the Main Event, six men is needed for the Chamber, not five. Chris Jericho will not be the other contender because he is still in a feud with Shawn Michaels, so that is out of the question, enough with the Elimination Chamber match. I think it is going to be a normal Five-Way match like last year's Night Of Champions match with Cena, Batista, JBL, Kane, and Punk. CM Punk will probably win it to finally prove he has what it takes to be World Champion, with Kane moving on to feud with Batista, and JBL and Cena will go their seperate ways into new feuds.

The next #1 contender will probably be either Chris Jericho(not likely, a Jericho vs Punk feud will not draw much fans even though their matches should be great), Shawn Michaels(A feud with Shawn Michaels will do CM Punk good, if Shawn is back in time), or the longshot, Randy Orton, this is the top choice, but it all depends on whether or not he will be 100% after SummerSlam.

damn this is a tough one but i think itll be cm punk vs batista vs jbl vs cena i see kane going into a seprete storyline for his mask soon leaving these 4 to settle it. personally if this happens i want batista to win idk why but i like batista he just has a good look to him and he deserves a title run but yea we shall see if this happens but after this raw im thinkin this will happen

I never thought that for a second. I admit that it may look like that, with Batista getting involved with Kane you may think it's Punk vs. JBL, but you need to look at the fact Cena and JBL are not finished and Batista at the end got into it with Cena. From the looks of it a fatal 4-way is more likely to happen at summerslam between Punk, Cena, JBL and Batista. That leaves Kane out; also what are they doing with Jericho? After RAW it looks more to me like they are involving Punk, Cena, JBL, Kane and Batista in the feud, now that leave 1 spot because a 5 man match is doesn't work due to it being an uneven number and leaves one man with nobody to fight, they need 6 to even it out so they can have 1 on 1, my guess would be Jericho as he seems ready to move on from HBK. They need something for him and there maybe unsettled business with JBL and the fact Y2J got screwed out of a title not that long ago.

So has Batista & Undertaker, that never stopped the WWE before and won't stop them now. I don't see why his reign wouldn't have been planned; Steph has been planning it and pushing for it since before Wrestlemania. They moved the WWE title to SD, so they knew one title had to be moved back to RAW and with Punk holding the MITB case he was the best option.

My initial thoughts after raw went off the air was a 6 man hell in a cell with Punk, Batista, Cena, JBL, Jericho, and Kane because all of those guys have a claim to be the #1 contender, but after reading about what is going to happen on smackdown i'm not sure if they will go that route. they could have 2 hell in a cells on the show because they had 2 elimination chambers earlier this year and they also have a hell in a cell dvd coming out sometime this year so it would make sense. otherwise i think ther will just be some kind fatal 4 way or something like that. there wont be an elimination chamber because they just had two of those and for those who think jericho will still be fighting hbk at summerslam there is no way that the wwe will bring hbk back only 4 weeks after they said his career was over, hbk probably wont return to the ring for a couple of months. with hbk out jericho can make a claim to the title by saying he ended the career of hbk on of the greatest superstars ever

I also think the best choice to have an Elimination Chamber match at Summerslam. The only reason I find that hard to happen is because t's highly unlikely to have 3 Elimination Chamber matches in one year, especially after 2 was on one night (No Way Out). It should be Punk defending against Batista, J.B.L., Cena, Kane, and hopefully that returning... RANDY ORTON. I don't think that will happen thought, but it's good to have dreams. I think they will do a corny Fatal-Four way match between Kane, J.B.L., Batista, and Cena again and have Batista win againm but lose at Summerslam. I don't like Batista as champion anymore, but I'm sick of him whining and bitching, and moaning aobut him regaining the gold and never doing it. Quite frankly, I want Cena to win the gold from Punk to set up a feud with Batista and Cena at Wrestlemania and have Cena defeat him and hae Batista winning at Backlash or Judment Day. Then they can have Kane win the ''Money in the Bank'' and cash it in at some point.

After watching Raw this week it looks like Cena and batista will be fueding at Summerslam. wich means that its either going to be Kane, JBL or Jericho. I dont think it will be Kane as he is involved in his own storyline. I also dont think it will be JBL becouse CM Punk has already defended the title with him and won. So that only leaves Jericho, and why not Jericho has just (Hopefully) came out of a fued with HBK that has perhaps made him one of the Top heels on Raw and it would actually be a more entertaining match. That i wouldnt mind seeing. But then again i dont care who versus him as long as they win.

Weel (Im using beef as they got into each other face)

Cm punk has beef with jbl
Cena has beef with jbl
Batista has beef with jbl
Kane has beef with everyone
Jbl has beef with everyone
Cena had beef with batista this week
Batista had beef with cena
Kane had beef with batista
Cm punk had beef with kane

and thats why i think all 5 will be in the match. Since wwe seems to like having 2 (elmination chamber for example) of the same special match in 1 night. Since HIAC is probally the 2nd most "extreme" kind of match (after EC) and since there hasnt been more then a 1 on 1 (besides dx vs mc mahons and big show) in a HIAC since december 2000 im sure they can fit in a 5/6 man HIAC. Maybe randy orton might make his return in the match or something.

I hope they give us something interesting to watch.

Weel (Im using beef as they got into each other face)

Cm punk has beef with jbl
Cena has beef with jbl
Batista has beef with jbl
Kane has beef with everyone
Jbl has beef with everyone
Cena had beef with batista this week
Batista had beef with cena
Kane had beef with batista
Cm punk had beef with kane

and thats why i think all 5 will be in the match. Since wwe seems to like having 2 (elmination chamber for example) of the same special match in 1 night. Since HIAC is probally the 2nd most "extreme" kind of match (after EC) and since there hasnt been more then a 1 on 1 (besides dx vs mc mahons and big show) in a HIAC since december 2000 im sure they can fit in a 5/6 man HIAC. Maybe randy orton might make his return in the match or something.

I hope they give us something interesting to watch.

This match will barely make the hour 1 Main Event, much less anything close to the actual Main Event, so it won't be involved in any type of gimmick match. In the end, it's likely going to be C.M. Punk against J.B.L.. And I'm assuming purely that Punk will finally get that elusive clean victory he's been searching for.

For whatever reason it may of been, Batista wasn't defeated cleanly and as I believe Jake mentioned in the Bash threads.. he really could've been. Batista has been in most of the World Heavyweight Championship matches since 2005. And he's lost a hell of a lot more than he's won, yet he kept getting shot after shot. So him losing cleanly wouldn't of hurt him.

Now, if the match does end up Punk v. J.B.L. it'll once again set up the perfect ability to give Punk his clean victory, and allow him to finally say he's done something. It'll mean shit because anyone can defeat J.B.L. these days, but at least Punk will finally feel special.

Tonight, it's assumably going to be announced that the Undertaker will return, to face Edge.. inside Hell in a Cell. Edge/Taker = H.I.A.C. will be the Main Event.

they should definately not have cena vs. batista at summerslam, that is a huge match whether u like them or not that must be saved for wrestlemania. that is one of the very few legitimate big time wrestlemania matches the WWE has to offer and they cant throw it away. They should build that match steadily from now until mania with batista and cena never colliding one on one then by the time mania rolls around ppl will be pumped up for that match.
as far as the title match fro summerslam goes they should do some sort of multi man( it wouldnt really make sense to have kane get a shot tho becuz he was pinned in the number one contenders match and he lost to punk clean one on one, but whos keeping track anyways) No matter what they do the WHC will not close the show.

I see Batista vs. Kane vs. Cena vs. JBL at SummerSlam ending the fued with all of these guys and the winner faces Punk at the next PPV. Punk faces Jericho ending in Lance Cade interfering. JBL wins FatalFourWay. He faces Punk at Unforgiven. Then have Cena vs. Batista vs. Kane at Unforgiven. Then at Survivor Series make Cena,Batista,Kane,JBL,Punk team up to face a team from Smackdown.

If it wasn't for
the HIAC match with Edge vs. Taker at SummerSlam
, then I would have said an Elimination Chamber match could've worked between Punk, Batista, Kane, Cena, JBl and another unnamed superstar but since we just had that in Feb.it wouldn't seem likely. This is the ppv that Punk is likely to lose his world title and I see Punk vs. JBL vs. Cena vs. Batista vs. Kane in a five man match with either Batista or Cena walking away with the strap.

I don't see them putting punk, jbl, cena, kane, and batista all in the same match. Right there, that is the top 5 raw stars altogether in what is (arguably) supposed to be the 2nd biggest PPV of the year. I just don't see the wisdom in placing all their stars into one match.

What would make more sense, and what I could see happening is punk vs. cena, or maybe punk vs. cena vs. jbl. it makes more sense to have batista vs. kane in their own match. and kane doesn't seem interested in the title right now anyway.

However you slice it though, I just don't see Punk losing. I think they could get mileage out of somehow despite the odds, punk retaining and proving that perhaps he does deserve the belt. Or you could have him "steal" a victory somehow, and then we could still get mileage out of whether or not he really deserves to be champion.

For the World Heavyweight Championship match at Summerslam, I think they may go with a Fatal-4-way. CM Punk vs JBL vs Batista vs John Cena. With Kane interfering wearing his mask. Id say that CM Punk retains but sets up a fued against Kane at Unforgiven.

Given that Adamle made the huge match of Cena vs. Batista at SummerSlam, and given this is pure speculation and not a spoiler, I would have to guess that the World Title Match will most likely be w triple threat match of CM Punk vs. JBL vs. Kane. Jericho announced he wanted into the title picture, but my gut says Michaels will be back to face Jericho at SummerSlam so Jericho is pretty much booked up, unless Michaels stays off RAW untill after SummerSlam then it could turn into a fatal four way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back