Summerslam 2011 General Discussion/AFTERMATH - KEEP IT ALL IN HERE

World heavyweight championship Ironman match:Christain (c).vs. Randy Orton Their feud isn't over yet , but this would be the perfect way to do so ,we haven't seen an ironman match in a while but these two would pull off a great match, I'd say make this the main event.

WWE championship unification match: CM Punk .vs. John CenaCm punk returned with the title last night and Cena won the title from Rey Mysterio,so now they can have a match to see who is the real champion, maybe this can be some sort of gimmick match.

John Morrison .vs. R-TruthNow that Morrison returned last night this match has to happen ,Jomo returns in his hometown of Los Angeles and wins.

#1 contenders match: Rey Mysterio .vs. The Miz
Mysterio lost the belt last night and Miz lost aganist Mysterio in the tornament finals, so the set-up is pretty simple.

Intercontinental chamionship match: Cody Rhodes .vs. Ezekial Jackson(c)
Big Zeke gets the victory , after the match Rhodes blames his loss on Ted Dibiase , Dibiase then attacks Rhodes and turns face.

United States championship match: Dolph Ziggler(c) .vs. Evan Bourne .vs. Jack Swagger .vs. Alex Riley

Alberto Del Rio .vs. Kofi Kingston
Both men have victorys over one another, this can settle their feud.

#1 contenders triple threat match: Mark henry .vs. Wade Barrett .vs. Sheamus
Henry has been on a roll lately , Sheamus is also in the title picture , Barrett and Sheamus look to be starting a feud so I'd insert Barrett in there as well.

Diva's championship match : Kelly Kelly(c) .vs. Eve/Beth Phoneix/Natalya
I wasn't sure who to put as K2's opponent but one of those 3 diva's are my pick to win the battle royal next week.

i hope they do some FINAL closure to Christian and Randy match. It was exciting and all, but their long feud is getting on my nerve. Hope the writers end it @ Summerslam.

wrestlezone.jpg
"
Click here to find out more​

CM Punk v John Cena

- I think this match will happen for the success it received from MITB, and a unification title match will be something that is expected. The Cena and Punk feud is far from over, so I guess to build up the feud you need only one person to hold the title.. I see Cena walking away with the title here..

Christian v Randy Orton (NO DQ)

- The "can you feel me" manager just made the announcement, so no need to state a reason.. It's official..

John Morrison v R-Truth

- Makes sense and MUST happen.. JoMo needs to get back at Truth and what better place to do it than in his hometown at L.A

Daniel Bryan v Wade Barrett (Smackdown MITB Briefcase on the line)

- With Barrett jamming on DB on his twitter account and even on Smackdown makes a potential match for Summerslam.. With his promo on Smackdown, I think DB will want a piece of Barrett at SS..

HHH v Undertaker

- Not sure if this might happen due to HHH being CEO and stuff, but I read somewhere that they want a rematch to happen in SS.. There is still some potential of it to happen.. But chances just lowered because of this week's RAW..

Undertaker may return just cause he returns at every Summerslam.. But I'm just hoping he returns for a match..

Cody Rhodes v Ezeikel Jackson

- It just needs to happen.. Zeke just bores me as a champion and I think Rhodes has a potential to elevate the title to something more..

Other than that, I'm not even close to 60% close about how to book Sheamus, Mark Henry, Mysterio, Del Rio just cause Del Rio and Mysterio have no potential opponents.. While I think Miz v Alex Riley has only a 40% chance of happening cause it has lost a lot of attention since Miz was in the tournament..

Main Event
WWE Championship
CM Punk vs. John Cena
-Maybe do some sort of gimmick like falls count anywhere or cage match. Read my Rey/Miz explanation and have this match end with interference or something.

Last Man Standing
World Championship
Christian(c) vs. Randy Orton
-need something different than Orton/Christian its been going on to long. through henry in here cuz for some reason hes getting a massive push lately and with Show and Kane out this is the only thing i see for him.

United States Championship
Dolph ziggler(c) w/ Vikki vs. Drew McIntyre
-I think someone else mentioned this. Dolph left McIntyre to die out there and this could be his revenge and much needed fresh start being a face. Id have these two feud for teh title for a few months, maybe have this match end in contraversy where no clear winner is decided adn have a best of seven series. Would bring some importance to the title having ppl actually trying to win it.

Grudge Match
Wade Barrett vs. Sheamus
-there match last week makes it seem like maybe Sheamus is turning face which i would hate but i love the monster hes beoming lately. These guys could put on a great brawl and maybe make it a #1 contenders match or something.

John Morrison vs. R-Truth
-we all know this is going to happen. not much explanation needed

Intercontinental Championship
Ezekiel Jackson vs. Ted DiBiase w/ Rhodes
-I want ted to be in this cuz i think Rhodes is on the verge of the main event and could possibly feud with Orton next. DiBiase should win this, he deserves it after the shit he went through from End of legacy-till smackdown period. Also i see nothing in Jackson, just a meat head who should play body guard and rarely jump in the ring. Maybe tag him with Tyson Kidd cus he could use a body guard type with him.

Daniel Bryan vs. Alberto Del Rio
-Dont have much for either guy so figure lets see whos teh better MITB guy. Del Rio could cheat to win or Bryan could get a surprise victory via roll up or something. I dont think either man should win via Submission cus it would just bring down the others momentum.

The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio
-Both got screwed on raw. Rey especially. Make this a number one contenders match, maybe have Cena & Punk end in a no contest and have two WWE Title Matchs at NOC. Cena vs. Rey rematch adn Punk vs. Miz(feud would be awesome). Then i believe HIAC is after that have Cena vs. Punk HIAC Unify the belts.

Here's how I'd book it, with the matches in this order...

WWE Championship Ladder Match: John Cena vs. CM Punk

Punk needs to win to keep the huge head of steam that he has going for him now. We all know Cena will have another title run before the year is over, maybe defending it at Survivor Series against Del Rio. Maybe some outside interference from someone to set up a triple threat match for Night of Champions.

Fatal Four-Way #1 Contenders Match: Rey Mysterio vs. The Miz vs. Alex Riley vs. Alberto Del Rio

The Miz needs to win this one to set up a feud with Punk and a match with him for Night of Champions. Again, maybe a triple threat involving Cena. It would be nice to see Cena in his own feud and match that DIDN'T involve the title for a change. I'd much rather see Punk and Miz 1 on 1.

World Heavyweight Championship No Holds Barred Match: Christian (c) vs. Randy Orton

Orton should win it back here so they can lead up to a title match with him facing Mark Henry. Christian brings a chair into the ring and tries to land Orton's head on it with the Killswitch, but Orton somehow reverses it into the RKO onto the chair. So help me God this better be the last match between Orton and Christian for the rest of the year.

Singles Match: John Morrison vs. R-Truth

I believe Morrison should win and he deserves a serious push now that he's back. I'd love to see him challenge for the title in a PPV towards the late fall/early winter. Or at least get him in a feud with Ziggler for the US strap. I know Christian's the World Heavyweight Champ, but I really thought they should've had Truth interfere in the match on Smackdown. Instead they had Christian win clean, so what was the point of even showing R-Truth watching the match backstage?

Intercontinental Championship Match: Ezekiel Jackson (c) vs. Cody Rhodes

I don't believe Jackson has won a single match on Smackdown since becoming IC Champ. Pretty messed up. I'd give him the win by DQ here, but I wouldn't split up Rhodes and DiBiase. If Rhodes can't draw as a top heel to challenge Orton, then together with DiBiase they could make pretty decent tag team champs. I'd also have Jackson drop the IC strap at Night of Champions to Jinder Mahal, who would eventually lose it to Sin Cara. Maybe Mahal even comes down with Khali and attacks Jackson to cause the DQ.

Singles Match: Sheamus vs. Mark Henry

With Kane and Big Show on the shelf, they've gotta turn Sheamus face now or at least neutral in order to give Henry an opponent that can measure up. With Henry next up for a title shot at Orton I believe, he gets the win in a pretty decent match here.

Singles Match: Daniel Bryan vs. Wade Barrett

Here's another one they're clearly setting up for the PPV after watching Smackdown. Barrett's in a bit of a slump since losing the IC Title, but I think they'll eventually let him get back on track. However, Bryan's the MITB winner so it should only be wins for him for a while if they want to keep him credible.

United States Championship Match: Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Kofi Kingston

This is another feud that needs to end after this PPV, just like Orton/Christian. Both men have wins over the other and they put on good matches, but it's time to move on to something else. Ziggler should get the win and also deserves a major push. His ringwork is excellent and he gets better on the mic every time they let him on it. I could see a feud with Riley, Mysterio or Morrison where he eventually loses the U.S. Title and then gets to work his way up into main event status.

Divas Championship Match: Kelly Kelly (c) vs. Eve Torres

Eve wins the battle royal on Raw and they'll set up a silly storyline about how Kelly and Eve are best friends and have so much respect for eachother. The match will go for 5 minutes and Kelly will retain the title. They'll either hug afterwards or Eve will attack her out of jealousy. Either way, everyone will be taking a piss break and not notice.

Dark Matches:

Justin Gabriel vs. Jinder Mahal

Mahal with the win, but I can see a nice future for Gabriel in singles competition.

Zack Ryder & Evan Bourne vs. Drew McIntyre & Jack Swagger

Ryder and Bourne get the win to give all the Ryder fans what they want. McIntyre is being very misused.

Lately WWE booking is reminding me a bit of the old days. It seems like there are several potential matches that could go to SummerSlam. We already have four announced matches. Current storylines suggest we could get at least six more. The following are all possibilities.

Ezekiel Jackson vs. Cody Rhodes
Dolph Ziggler vs. Alex Riley
John Morrison vs. R Truth
Rey Mysterio vs. Miz
Daniel Bryan vs. Wade Barrett
Kofi Kingston vs. Alberto Del Rio

If these matches go to SummerSlam that would make ten matches. We all know ten matches is most likely not going to happen. The first few SummerSlam events had ten matches but nowadays eight seems to be the most on any show that’s not mania. We may not even get eight if this C Lo Brown or D Lo Green or whoever he is performs. So assuming only four of the six matches I listed get on the card who is going to get the shaft?

Is anyone else a little confused/even a little worried about SummerSlam this year? SS is supposed to be the second-biggest night of the year, and over the years have been home to some of amazing matches with great build-up. And this year we get:

CM Punk (c) vs. John Cena (c) w/HHH as guest referee. The saving grace for this PPV. They definitely have the opportunity to do something interesting with this one. It seems that Trips is gonna have to side with someone, and either way it can be compelling.

Christian (c) vs. Randy Orton. Part...4? 5? I'm all for long-running feuds, but this one seems to have ran out of fuel a while ago. I feel like if a feud is gonna last this long, it should involve a little more than "I can beat you" "no you can't". That said, these two put on great matches, so whatever.

Sheamus vs. Mark Henry. Yawn. I like Sheamus and what they're doing with his character, and while I'm more pleased with Henry than I ever have been, that's not saying much.

Kelly Kelly (c) vs. Beth Phoenix. Yawn.

That's SummerSlam this year? No US Championship match? No IC championship match? (Could be booked tonight on SmackDown, but even still, I have a problem with SummerSlam matches being booked less than a week before the event -- where's the buildup?) No Miz? No Del Rio? Thoughts on this?

im going to have to agree with you. the cena/cm punk match will obviously be the one match to look forward to, im kinda looking forward to christian/orton, only because its a no dq match. other than that, we have nothing. i like the idea of sheamus/henry match, that one could be good. but still we have the diva's match that NO ONE cares for, that is basically a bathroom break. you know all these other matches will be announced tonight, or the day of the ppv as a last minute addition to the card. summerslam may be good sunday, but i like matches that acually have a nice build up to it, not just some random match with no meaning or build up, where is the excitement to that?

It's quite sad actually. It let's you know how far the IC, US, and tag team titles have fallen over the years to not even appear at Summerslam. To be honest, the only match I knew about was Cena vs Punk, up until last night when they told us. VERY disappointed. No miz, no Del Rio, No Mysterio, Truth, Morrison, and (obviously) Undertaker. They know good and damn well they could have squeezed in a street fight between Morrison and Truth. They should not have fought on Raw last night! Just a very poor card.

SummerSlam this year is a one match show. However, that match is a rematch of a match of the year candidate. I am of the belief that because the former match went 45 minutes, Cena/Punk want to top that and we don't know if someone cashes that case in(Del Rio) after the match. That is why they aren't filling up the card with 7-8 minute matches. Think about it between Christian/Orton and Cena/Punk that is an hour and a half gone. Rey Mysterio getting hurt is a big blow because they wanted to do Miz/Mysterio. They'll add two bouts on Smackdown though. Probably Bryan/Barrett and maybe a triple threat match for the US title with Miz/Kofi/Del Rio. Probably good matches but this show is all about Punk/Cena.

Although I'm sure similar has happened before, this is the first for me that I have seen. Going into Summerslam, following the end of the go-home edition of RAW, the RAW brand only has two matches for the PPV. Punk v Cena (w/HHH as the guest ref) and Beth Pheonix v Kelly Kelly. There were rumored matches of Miz v Mysterio and truth v morrison but those happened on raw (except Mysterio getting injured b4 the match). Internet rumors are stating that they had those matches planned, but did them on raw instead (didnt say why). It also indicated that the matches will most likely be longer due to this. Has anyone else seen this before? I know SD also has two matches on the card, but being less than a week away from their 2nd biggest PPV of the year (or 3rd depending on how people view the Rumble)I would think that their biggest show (Yes, Im referring to RAW, SD fans) would have more than two matches booked. Thoughts on what they are going to do, or why they did this????

I'm sorry but no matter what way you cut this, this spells horrible in so many different ways.

I will give you Punk/Cena is the reason people will be buying, myself included. I will go as far as to say I'm actually looking forward to Orton/Christian yet again, even though it's their 5th title match over the last 2 and a half months.

But to have only 4 matches announced, one of them being a Divas match... just so utterly disappointing. Unless I see matches revealed on WWE.com today or tomorrow or some matches announced at tonight's Smackdown tapings, I am going to seriously consider passing on Summerslam for the first time since 1997.

What is the reason for blowing Truth and Morrison on Raw when a PPV match made so much sense? If Rey is healthy enough to go for the WWE title on Monday night, why wasn't a match against the Miz announced right then on Raw instead of HHH announcing through a referee that he'd be facing Kofi and no mention of Summerslam.

I would think Daniel Bryan/Wade Barrett will be announced, giving us 5 matches, but come on, can't we have matches announced in advance?

All surprise matches at the 2nd biggest show of the year? Come on. This is why I consider the Royal Rumble the 2nd biggest. At least then, we know we're getting a match guaranteed to be over an hour which is one of the best matches of the year and two title matches and a divas match at bare minimum.

Weak.

I'm disappointed as well. It seems like creative is putting all their energy on punk/cena and nothing else. Kinda sad that the engine that's the heart and soul of this billion dollar industry couldn't come up with more story lines for this huge PPV. I wonder what goes on in those meetings:

Vince: Summerslam is coming up, what have you got?
Staff 1: We're gonna build up cena/punk
Vince: Good, what else?
Staff 2: That match will sell the PPV, who cares about all the others.
Staff 1: Yeah I agree, just put up some random matches to fill the remaining card. No one will care.
Vince: Hmmm... that's a good idea. A lot of dumbasses are gonna buy SS anyways...

I think if the WWE hired anyone of us here on the forum, we would be able to put together some solid feuds/build ups for the rest of the Raw/SD roster. Hell, I'll even write the damn thing for free if the WWE is willing to take it.

Is anyone else a little confused/even a little worried about SummerSlam this year? SS is supposed to be the second-biggest night of the year, and over the years have been home to some of amazing matches with great build-up.

Actually I would have to respectfully disagree with that. The last few years, the summerslam cards have been lackluster, and I am almost positive that last year and maybe even the one before also we had something similar--only a few announced matches leaving folks scratching their heads.

I know that summerslam is supposed to be one of the big 4, but I can't remember the last time I was actually interested in a SS pay per view. I also can't remember the last time I read about the results afterwards and seeing it getting generally good reviews. It looks like summerslam this year will be no exception.

Personally, I'll save my money for Night of Champions.

We are four days away from the biggest party of the summer. I really have to wonder why anyone would order Summer Slam. It's the second biggest PPV of the year and we have 3 matches announced! (Yes, the Divas makes four, but it will be 5 minute filler at most) On top of that, the matches don't look good at all.

Punk vs. Cena- It will probably be a good match. It will probably be an exciting match. However, there is NO way it will be anything like the match at MITB. MITB was epic because we had never seen anything like that before. A guy cutting an insane promo talking about backstage politics and saying he's going to leave with the WWE title. We knew his contract was up and nobody knew if he was going to resign. On top of that, the match was in Punk's hometown. Summer Slam has none of that excitement. Punk is now back full time, and he's just wrestling Cena in another match. Triple H will probably pull a swerve as ref, but if you know it's coming it isn't really a surprise.

Orton vs. Christian- These two have good chemistry, but that's about it. This is the FORTH PPV in a row they have wrestled each other. That's not even counting the matches they had on Smackdown. There is nothing else these two can do in a match. Yeah, it's a street fight, but those don't mean shit in the PG era. For the life of me I can't remember that last time two guys wrestled for the title at that many PPV's in a row.

Henry vs. Sheamus - I like Sheamus, but Henry is god awful. Probably won't be a bad match, but no one is going to buy a PPV because of it.

So there you have it. That is the second biggest PPV of the year. Does that make anyone want to spend 50 bucks?

I honestly wonder why they don't just fire half the roster if they think they are this unimportant. Where the hell is everyone else?

Miz
Alex Rilley
Alberto Del Rio
R-Truth
Morrison
Jack Swagger
Dolph Ziggler
David Otunga
Michael Migillicutty
Evan Born
Kofi Kingston
Ezekiel Jackson
Wade Barrett
Justin Gabrial
Daniel Bryan
Cody Rhodes

That's the meat of the WWE right there, and none of them are on the card. I'm sure most of them will end up wrestling at Summer Slam, but it wont mean a damn thing. No promo's. No build. No reason to care about the match. I just don't get it. There making the second biggest PPV of the year into a two match card. The Smackdown title match has been done to death, and the Raw title match can never live up to the excitement of the last PPV. Why can't they give us a couple weeks to actually hype an IC and US title match? Why can't a team come out and make a challenge to the tag champs for a match at Summer Slam? It would take 2 minutes of air time away from Punk bitching about WWE Ice Cream Bars. But they won't do it. We'll just get a random IC match, a random US title match, and a completely random tag match. Just kidding, there's no way they would have the tag titles on PPV.

Why would anyone buy Summer Slam?

Is anyone else a little confused/even a little worried about SummerSlam this year? SS is supposed to be the second-biggest night of the year, and over the years have been home to some of amazing matches with great build-up. And this year we get:

CM Punk (c) vs. John Cena (c) w/HHH as guest referee. The saving grace for this PPV. They definitely have the opportunity to do something interesting with this one. It seems that Trips is gonna have to side with someone, and either way it can be compelling.

Christian (c) vs. Randy Orton. Part...4? 5? I'm all for long-running feuds, but this one seems to have ran out of fuel a while ago. I feel like if a feud is gonna last this long, it should involve a little more than "I can beat you" "no you can't". That said, these two put on great matches, so whatever.

Sheamus vs. Mark Henry. Yawn. I like Sheamus and what they're doing with his character, and while I'm more pleased with Henry than I ever have been, that's not saying much.

Kelly Kelly (c) vs. Beth Phoenix. Yawn.

That's SummerSlam this year? No US Championship match? No IC championship match? (Could be booked tonight on SmackDown, but even still, I have a problem with SummerSlam matches being booked less than a week before the event -- where's the buildup?) No Miz? No Del Rio? Thoughts on this?

My thoughts exactly! The build for this year's summerslam card is pathetic. We have five days left and only 4 matches announced?! One of which has decent hype and the rest are an afterthought. I went on wwe.com and no matches have been added. Maybe because of the stupid concert, we are going to be treated to only 5 or 6 matches. The one or two matches that will be added will be meaningless "bonus" matches. Can't they charge us a little less than $55?!

Well I plan on Buying Summerslam simply because well its Summerslam. I think by Sunday we will get a Full Card like Rey Mysterio vs Miz, Zeke vs Cody for the IC Title, Dolph Ziggler vs Alex Riley for the US Title, and maybe John Morrison vs R-Truth to round things out. So stop complaining and know the WWE is not going to leave it with 4 Matches with everything else being added the day of the Show.

I will be attending this year's SummerSlam and purchased my tickets well before any matches announced. I am now also worried and puzzled as to why there are four matches on the card and why Del Rio and Miz were not given great opponents for the event. I am pretty sure we will see another match or two announced on Smackdown! or hell even on Sunday and that's just ridiculous. Isn't SummerSlam one of the big four or five PPV's of the year?

Well I plan on Buying Summerslam simply because well its Summerslam. I think by Sunday we will get a Full Card like Rey Mysterio vs Miz, Zeke vs Cody for the IC Title, Dolph Ziggler vs Alex Riley for the US Title, and maybe John Morrison vs R-Truth to round things out. So stop complaining and know the WWE is not going to leave it with 4 Matches with everything else being added the day of the Show.

I get what you're saying, but don't you see why everyone is a little puzzled about this? You have to admit it's a bit troubling that they've announced only 4 matches; two of which are a Divas match that will be about 5 minutes and a match with Sheamus and Mark Henry that I honestly can't see going more than 10 minutes. It worries me that Cee Lo might not have a single performance, but more of a traditional concert set at minimum as long as Kid Rock's at Wrestlemania a few years back which was complete overkill.

For everyone saying that it's definite there will be more matches, yes I do agree with you and I'm fine with 6 matches. I actually prefer the 6 matches on the card more than 8. PPV's with 8 matches we tend to see a lot of 8-9 minute matches which are relatively short. Money in the Bank last month is a perfect example of what a PPV can do when every match is given the time. However, those you saying Punk/Cena can be an hour and Orton/Christian can be 45 minutes... to that I say no thanks, while Cena and Punk clocked in at 34 minutes last time out, doubling that is not a good idea. Orton and Christian went about 13 minutes, so we're going to multiply that by 3?

No matches announced yet on WWE.com. They might add a full card of surprise matches on the actual PPV once the PPV has gone on the air, but I don't trust they're getting a good buy rate with only 4 matches announced before the show starts. I know me personally who hasn't missed a Summerslam since 1997 just wouldn't order this with 4 announced matches, one of them being a Divas match.

At least last year they went into it with 6 matches and most of the matches had major storylines.

For some strange reason Morrison and R-Truth already happened on RAW. I don't see why they didn't wait until Summerslam. They also had The Miz vs. Mysterio already on RAW.

What I think might happen if they have an elimination gauntlet style match with the top stars w/o a match and the winner gets a title shot at Night of Champions.

I am thinking we could have The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio vs. R-Truth vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. John Morrison vs. Wade Barrett vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Ezikel Jackson vs. Cody Rhodes vs. The Great Khali vs. Sin Cara vs. Ted Debiase type elimination gauntlet bout that could take 40 mins (+ another 20 for intros).

What a bonus match that would be

Being that this supposed to be the second biggest PPV in the WWE, I seriously doubt there will only be 4 matches with one of them being a Divas match. Like someone said earlier, Im going to order the PPV because it's SummerSlam. Hopefully they will add something worth watching. Maybe they will do a rematch of Morrison/Truth. That clean finish on Raw was clearly a de-push of Morrison due to Melina(at least that's what I think). Maybe a rematch and Morrison coming out on top. Have the Miz up against ADR and maybe do something crazy and put the tag team champs on a PPV for a change.

I find the lack of announced matches...disturbing.

SummerSlam is all of three days away. This is a card that usually features around seven matches. There are all of four announced. This is rather problematic. Even more worrying is that only one match has a truly big feel to it. Orton vs Christian is great, but we've seen it on PPV many times now. Sheamus vs Henry is decent. Beth vs Kelly? Alright, but it's not drawing anything. Right now this is a one match show. They tried this last year, if you'll remember, and it didn't work. Buyrates went down. They're doing it again but arguably with a match less likely to draw. Punk vs Cena is huge, but it's got a few things going against it from a business standpoint. One, no gimmick like the big 7 on 7 tag match. Two, we've already seen it. Considering any other matches that get slapped on this card won't mean a damn thing since nobody promoted them, this is definitely a one trick pony. With TV ratings not as expected for this angle, you've got to worry about the buyrate here if you're sitting in Stamford.

Of course, I'm no WWE Executive and I'm much more concerned with the lack of announced matches from a fan perspective. It tells me that the WWE doesn't really care about many of the upper midcarders on Raw or SmackDown, which is worrisome. I like these guys, and I want to see them featured. I don't want them slapped on a card last minute, I want announced matches, I want build. I want the basic premise of a modern wrestling storyline for the upper midcarders who, right now, look to be thrown onto the card at the last minute. As a fan, I'm less pleased and less interested with this booking style. Is it so hard to announce a match a few weeks ahead of time, and then build to it? The answer, if you're struggling, is no.

To be honest, I don't mind having a mostly blank card because that's something the WWE has experimented with a lot in recent years. Last year, they did some decent numbers in the later half of the year with incomplete cards. Then again, you had a killer John Cena vs Wade Barrett thing going on. :p (hey, I brought all the PPVs from Summerslam - TLC for it haha)

I think the problem with card is that the matches so far don't really have enough steam to carry the show:

- Punk vs Cena w/ HHH as the ref didn't have nearly the buzz that Punk vs Cena w/ possibilities of Vince. It could be that shooty shoot stuff never last long; with Punk losing material to pull out of his ass. It could be that they have sorta alienated their main audience with said shooty shoot stuff. Heck, it could be that they are shoehorning HHH into the mix. He has been back for a few weeks now and I am still wondering "why?"

- Christian vs Orton has done horrible numbers for SD. "Horrible" as in lowered the ratings. Ouch considering one of them was suppose to help SD's numbers. It is also a feud that shouldn't be a "summer feud." It has been booked odd (So, the heel is complaining because he kept getting cheated? yeah. Good storytelling.)

- Sheamus vs Mark Henry is what I am personally ordering the show for. I know da internetz have been shitting on it, but it seems like the only segments on SD lately that have gotten any visible reaction from the fans. I think it is going to be a fun to watch, but very physical and brutal match. The problem with this one is that it is on SD, the show no one watches.

- Kelly vs Beth.. Er...Um.. One is loaded with charisma but has gotten increasingly lazy with her ring work (which wasn't good to begin with). The other has absolutely no charisma and has always seemed lazy because she is still doing the same shit that didn't get a reaction some four years ago.

It's fucking pathetic that are only 4 matches recognised 3 days before the event. This is WWE's 2nd biggest PPV and we have 4 matches? I know there will be 3/4 fillers added on the day but fuck me, who gives a shit about them with little story or build behind them. I can watch Superstars for that.

No wonder WWE's PPV buy rates are shit. They should be selling tickets based on fueds and matches. Get the IC and US Belt on the show for fucks sake.

It's fucking pathetic that are only 4 matches recognised 3 days before the event. This is WWE's 2nd biggest PPV and we have 4 matches? I know there will be 3/4 fillers added on the day but fuck me, who gives a shit about them with little story or build behind them. I can watch Superstars for that.

No wonder WWE's PPV buy rates are shit. They should be selling tickets based on fueds and matches. Get the IC and US Belt on the show for fucks sake.

Well, I know you're saying you need build for the matches and I agree, but to me what's most troubling is there are matches that have build that haven't been announced! John Morisson and R-Truth didn't need any build. It's a classic revenge story and they blew that off on Raw and by the way, Morisson hasn't won a match since returning and R-Truth takes him out 4 months ago, takes him out a second time several weeks ago, Morisson comes back and Truth soundly defeats him. At this point in time, there's no reason for it to even go on at Summerslam as they blew it on Raw, unless maybe they add a falls count anywhere since a lot of the match took place on the outside. Side note: Morisson was so close to breaking through the glass ceiling last year, the huge push he got against Sheamus through his main event at Extreme Rules. Morisson now looks about as credible as Johnny Nitro did at the end of his run.

OK, moving on we've established there is build for Morisson/Truth and it was blow. Miz/Mysterio has build, not a great build, but there's definitely a reason why we'd see this match and that's all that matters and I understand this is dependent upon Rey's health, but I'm hoping it happens.

You also have a build for Wade Barrett and Daniel Bryan. I am shocked nothing has been announced yet. Possibly they'll do a voice over at Smackdown! announcing it with a graphic.

Point is, they've got build for 3 solid midcard matches and didn't do anything about it and to me, that is the worst part. Yet matches like King/Cole are announced weeks in advance. Something wrong here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back