Summerslam 2011 General Discussion/AFTERMATH - KEEP IT ALL IN HERE

NotoriousWWE

Pre-Show Stalwart
It seems as if the WWE Universe are all talking about Money in the Bank. Is Punk going to leave with the WWE Title? Are WWE once again going to take the lazy option and have Cena win cleanly? Will someone cash in on a champion? Yes, Money in the Bank has gained a ton of interest from us fans. But what about looking past Money in the Bank and into the future. Here I will give my match predictions for which I believe will take place and then I will share my very own Summerslam card. And feel free to reply with your own.

Well lets start off by examining the Poster.
WWE-Summerslam-2011-Poster.jpg
So as you can see NO Punk. Now im not going to jump to conclusions because doing that will get me bashed but it does raise questions. Sin Cara surprisingly featured I suppose instead of Rey. Orton looking vengeful and we all know what match he is to defend his title in tonight. Kofi Kingston featured there's a chance he won't even appear. And Cena with his same old kicking ass look. So there's the poster, here's what I think will go down in Los Angeles.

WWE Championship: Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. John Cena

Yes I do believe Del Rio will win Money in the Bank and cash in on CM Punk. Punk will leave not for long but take a break and Cena will challenge Del Rio for the title.

World Heavyweight Championship: Christian (c) vs. Randy Orton vs. Sheamus

I don't know where to go with this one but I came up with my most likely match-up. Look we all know there is no way this Orton/Christian saga just comes to an end suddenly this Sunday. There needs to be some sort of twist which enables Christian to become Champion. How about Sheamus runs in and costs Orton? We shall see but if Orton retains and has a new challenger which would most likely be Sheamus then this will be a repeat of last year's match with a different world title.

The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio

All you have to do right now is pick out of 5 other guys in the title pictures on Raw and Smackdown and have them feud. Miz's next face opponent has to be Rey so that most likely will be what we see. Boring I know.

Intercontinental Championship: Ezekial Jackson (c) vs. Cody Rhodes w/Ted DiBiase

I can't see Rhodes winning Mitb so this is where it leaves me with Rhodes. However I could see DiBiase costing Rhodes and we see a Miz/Riley feud in the form of Rhodes and DiBiase. Summerslam looks exciting doesn't it.... ;)

Mark Henry vs. Big Show vs. Kane

I'm not even gonna talk about why I think we might see this take place.

U.S Championship: Dolph Ziggler vs. Alex Riley vs. Jack Swagger vs. Kofi Kingston

I kinda didn't know where to go with this one. I thought maybe Ziggler/Riley but it didn't work in my eyes so I thought an old fashioned 4 Way.

Sin Cara vs. Wade Barrett

I was thinking maybe Daniel Bryan will turn heel but had second thoughts. This looks like a possibility and Barrett is my pick to be Mr. Mitb.

Divas Championship: Kelly Kelly (c) vs. Eve Torres

Eve has turned heel on her buddy and is attacking her instead of helping defend her from The Bella Twins. Your average Divas bout.

I'm thinking they'll throw R-Truth in a match on the night. After his loss to Cena at Capitol Punishment I don't know what's left for him. Still a classy heel. Maybe a match against Evan Bourne? Who knows.

Thanks for Reading and I hope you take the time to reply with your predictions. Now here are the matches I hope to see take place:

WWE Title - CM Punk (c) w/ Colt Cabana vs. John Cena
World Heavyweight Title - Christian (c) vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton
Intercontinental Title/US Title - Ezekial Jackson (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler (c)
The Kings of Wrestling (Hero and Claudio) vs. Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins
Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett
Kofi Kingston (heel) vs. Alex Riley
The Miz vs. Chris Jericho

All your predictions seem possible and some look ok. But, this is what I think it'll look like:

Singles Match for the WWE Championship
CM Punk (c) vs John Cena

Tonight, I believe Punk will defeat John Cena with help. I don't believe the Nexus will help, but instead maybe Colt Cabana can be placed in the crowed then help or Mr McMahon screws Cena and it turns out that if Punk won he would take the place of Cena and then Cena gets fired (I'm still waiting for the day where that actually happens). But, of course, somehow someway John Cena will return and challenge Punk.

Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Sheamus (c) vs Christian vs Randy Orton

I see Sheamus winning the Money in the Bank Contract and cashing it in on Christian who has just beat Orton. This will lead to Christian once again saying he was screwed out of his World Heavyweight Championship for the second time (for those not paying attention Christian lost the WHC 2 days after winning it). So, technically, Christian deserves a rematch, but Randy never got his rematch. So it seems obvious to have this match a Triple Threat.

Singles Match for the United States Championship
Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Drew McIntyre

After what happened on Raw with Ziggler leaving McIntyre to die, McIntyre could return and beat up Ziggler and challenge him for the United States Championship. So a face McIntyre vs a heel Ziggler. Should be a good match and at least they both get TV and PPV time.

Singles Match for the Intercontinental Championship
Ezekiel Jackson (c) vs Cody Rhodes (w/ Ted DiBiase)

Should be an alright match. Cody gets a title match and I hope if this match takes place that Ted turns on Cody, costing him the Intercontinental Championship. Then those two can feud then Cody eventually wins the World Heavyweight Championship. Hope.

Submission Match for the Divas Championship
Melina (c) vs Gail Kim

This match is more of a hoping for match. Hopefully Kelly Kelly loses the Divas Championship to Melina (who can wrestle) and then Gail Kim (who also can wrestle) can challenge her. That should be a good match. Also, both are submission type divas so a Submission Match would at least put some interest into the match.

Fatal-4-Way Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
David Otunga & Michael McGillicutty (c) vs Daniel Bryan & Sin Cara vs Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel vs The Usos

This would be brilliant. Otunga & McGillicutty have come on in recent weeks so they deserve to be Tag Team Champions (for now). Daniel Bryan & Sin Cara. I can imagine them two coming up with some crazy ass stuff in the ring and potentially could be Tag Team Champions. Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel and The Usos are obviously in there because they are WWE's two best Tag Teams and that may not mean much, but, they are pretty awesome. So, this match again is a holding out hope match.

Singles Match
John Morrison vs R-Truth

I'm holding out hope that Morrison can return in time. Possibly Morrison returns tonight and costs R-Truth the Money in the Bank Ladder Match and they both have a history, so the match fits and people would want to see a new R-Truth vs a returning John Morrison.

The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio: Seems pretty obvious. Its probably the biggest mid card match WWE can make at the moment. More than worthy of a place on the SummerSlam card. It'd also be nice for The Miz to feud with somebody who can get the best out of him.

Christian vs. Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett:
After this Friday on Smackdown it seems like they're going with a Sheamus vs. Barrett feud. I've purely added Christian because he should win the world title tonight, unless WWE want to completely bury him, and if he wins he's not likely to have yet another match with Orton. Its no like there are many other match options for him.

Mark Henry vs. Randy Orton:
They're pushing Henry to be Orton's next opponent, that seems obvious to me. Weather or not its for the title I'm still not sure.

John Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio: I think Punk wins at MITB and Del Rio then cashes in after the Raw faces have given Punk the beating of his life. Which would then lead nicely onto this feud.

Cody Rhodes vs. Ezekiel Jackson: This match could happily be left off the SummerSlam card. Ezekiel Jackson just isn't where WWE want him to be and Rhodes has done nothing since the Mysterio feud. I actually think Booker T should face Rhodes considering his goons have been giving Booker paper bags for weeks now.

Another match, possibly a Diva's match, The New Nexus vs. Usos vs. Santino/Kozlov vs. Gabriel/Slater or a US Title 4-way. Overall an average card at best.

WWE Championship Match
John Cena (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio
I think Del Rio should win MITB and this match would occur due to him becoming the No. 1 Contender when Punk was 'suspended'. However, I think he should lose this match but then attack Cena afterwards, cash in his MITB and become the New WWE Champion. This would mean Cena can take a month off, returning after Night of Champions, in order to heal from his injuries. Then HHH and Undertaker should return and have a WM rematch at NOC with HHH winning and then having the rubber match at Hell in a Cell. I think they could afford to give Cena the time off if HHH and Taker return.

Triple Threat World Heavyweight Championship Match
Sheamus (c) vs. Randy Orton vs. Christian
Christian wins the title at MITB due to the clause in the contract pulling an Eddie Guerrero type DQ. Orton attacks Christian after the match leading to Sheamus to cash in his MITB contract and win the title.

United States Championship Match
Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Evan Bourne
Bourne beats Swagger in a No. 1 Contenders Match the Raw after MITB. I'm hoping that Bourne finally wins a championship, he deserves to.

Fatal 4 Way Intercontinental Championship Match
Ezekiel Jackson (c) vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Mark Henry
Ted DiBiase helps Rhodes win the title but at NOC in a Submissions Count Anywhere Match between Bryan & Rhodes, DiBiase finally turns on Cody, costing him the US title. Meanwhile, the big men Henry and Zeke can feud moving Zeke away from the IC title picture

Singles Match
Rey Mysterio vs. The Miz
This feud hasn't happened before although one was teased after Bragging Rights last year. Miz needs to win this match in order to regain some credibility even if he has to cheat to win.

Singles Match
Kofi Kingston vs. R-Truth
The Raw after MITB Kingston loses a US title rematch against Ziggler w/ Vickie banned from ringside due to a distraction from R-Truth. He says that Kingston has also been kept down by the conspiracy because he's black (but said in a more PG freindly way). If Morrison is ready to return then he should cost Truth the match but if not Truth needs a win in order to make him seem more credible in the main event scene even if it is a underhanded victory

Tag Team Match
Justin Gabriel & Sin Cara vs. Wade Barrett & Heath Slater
Slater and Gabriel and Barrett start a three way feud but then Barrett starts with Sin Cara. Slater and Barrett are forced to team together while Gabriel & Sin Cara (who have said to have worked well together in South Africa) start teaming together. Slater loses the match for his team as he can't work with Barrett meaning Wade doesn't lose anymore credibility since he as already lost a ton with the failed Corre and 10 week losing streak.

No. 1 Contender Divas Battle Royal
Eve vs. Gail Kim. vs. Beth Phoenix vs. Brie Bella vs. Nikki Bella vs. Maryse vs. Melina vs. AJ vs. Kaitlyn vs. Natalya vs. Alicia Fox vs. Tamina vs. Rosa Mendes
I don't know who would win this match and feud with Kelly Kelly for the title, possibly a SD Diva. I would actually have Vickie Guerrero win the match but I need to save that explanation for a thread I have to create

DVD Extra/WWE.com Exclusive
The Big Show & Alex Riley vs. Jack Swagger & Drew McIntyre w/ Tyler Reks

I feel Cena and Punk will not be involved in SummerSlam. i really think they are both taking time off, but THE ROCK needs to make an appearance right? I also think hes filming GI Joe around that time so maybe we have to wait til Survivor Series. IDK this whole Money in the Bank main event is screwing with my mind.

Randy Orton (c) vs. Sheamus

*Triple H vs. The Undertaker* [the more and more closer to summerslam were getting i dont see this match happening anymore so thats why there is an asterisk next to it]

Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. The Miz [interference by Alex Riley]

Ziggler (US) vs. Rey Mysterio

Christian (Well liked Heel) vs. Mark Henry (Not liked Heel) [unofficial #1 contender match]

Melina vs. Kelly Kelly (c)

Jack Swagger vs. Wade Barett (interbranded match)

DARK MATCH: Zack Ryder vs. Drew Mcintyre

WWE Championship
Alberto Del Rio vs. John Cena(c)

I think Punk is definitely leaving after MITB, and this was set up when Del Rio won that faux #1 Contenders Match when Punk was suspended. Del Rio won't win the briefcase, but he still remains next in line for a WWE Championship match after Sunday.

World Heavyweight Championship
Randy Orton vs. Sheamus vs. Christian(c)

Like Del Rio, Sheamus has been portrayed as the favorite to win the SD briefcase. I don't think he will, but he has been heavily involved in the Christian/Orton feud for quite some time. The WWE this week really hammered home the fact that Christian can win via a DQ, so I don't think we'll see that. However, I believe Christian will win on the "bad officiating" clause that WWE so conveniently forgot to mention this past Friday Night. Everything culminates in a Triple Threat @ Summer Slam.

The Miz vs. Alex Riley​
I was tempted to go Miz/HHH, but I think they're saving that for Wrestlemania. These guys will have the blow off to their feud. It might be a gimmick match, possibly 2/3 falls. Probably not with as many matches as I have listed. But it'd be nice to see them change up the formula with something.

No Holds Barred
Big Show vs. Mark Henry

I don't forsee a clean finish @ Money in the Bank. This will carry over into Summer Slam, as it has been a very surprisingly hot feud as both big men are as fresh as ever. They'll settle their score in an environment that suits both men's destructive nature.

Sin Cara vs. Cody Rhodes​
The whole Mask vs. Mask thing is what really helped me settle on this match. I don't know why, but this seems like a logical match up.

R-Truth vs. John Morrison

Morrison will return from his neck injury with the most obvious feud in waiting with R-Truth.

Wade Barrett vs. Daniel Bryan

My guess is one of these guys will win the SD! MITB contract. Their feud will center around their involvement in NXT Season 1, Nexus, last year's Summer Slam, and their respective rises as former Intercontinental and United States Champions.

United States Championship (Fatal Four Way)
Kofi Kingston vs. Rey Mysterio vs Jack Swagger vs. Dolph Ziggler(c)

Honestly, I don't see anything for these guys to do. But Mysterio HAS to be on the card, and Swagger is a big enough name to warrant a spot as well. Put these guys together, and let em go. Fuck it. I could actually see them throwing Kofi and Ziggler into this mix as a Fatal Fourway for the United States Championship. I'm going to change it to that for the sake of the card.

DIVA'S Championship
Eve vs. Kelly Kelly(c)

Hopefully not, but probably (definitely?) more likely than at least a few of the above matches.

John Cena vs. CM Punk - WWE Championship - I don't think Punk will leave. Even if it is the most likely scenario, I think Vince and company have done way too much with this storyline to just let it end on Sunday. If Punk is smart, he stays. He is bigger and more popular than ever, there is simply no denying that. If he leaves, not only will the wrestling world always say "what if..." but he will be the one always wondering what could have been. This can't just be an ordinary match though, make it a street fight or something of that sort, give them 20-30 minutes and we have one of the best Summerslam matches of all time.

Randy Orton vs. Christian vs. Sheamus - WH Championship - Christian might win the title this Sunday. But even if he loses, I don't think he's completely done with Orton. This is feud of the year calibre and it can't just be completely dominated by Orton. Sheamus is definitely involved in this storyline and I really can't see Vince giving Orton and Christian another singles ppv match.

The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio - What else is there for Miz to do? He's never feuded with Rey and he can really help put him over. Miz is not the flashiest in ring worker and hasn't had any really good PPV matches in my memory. Rey is arguably the best person to help him do it.

John Morrison vs. R Truth - I think this is a given. I'm loving Truth the past couple of months and this feud is definitely going to open up again.

Alex Riley vs. Dolph Ziggler - US Title - Is it too early to put a singles title on Riley? I don't think so. What better time to do it than now? And what other midcard face is there on Raw to feud with Ziggler? We've seen enough of him and Kofi.

Cody Rhodes vs. Ezekiel Jackson - IC Title - Rhodes is the best heel midcarder on Smackdown. He needs to win his first singles title soon...real soon.

Big Show vs. Alberto Del Rio - Is it me or did it seem like this feud never really ended? I can see Del Rio getting involved in the Mark Henry match at MITB and reopening the feud. Maybe even have Show team with Kane and Del RIo team with Ricardo Rodriguez? That wouldn't be a bad idea imo.

Sin Cara vs. Wade Barrett - What else is there for Wade to do? He is definitely main event material imo, but he's just not ready to join the WHC picture on Smackdown just yet. Have him feud with Sin Cara now that the Corre is history.

Heath Slater vs. Justin Gabriel - I think we will see this. The feud has definitely taken off and a ppv match between the two is just waiting to happen.

Well this is how I see the thing

ADR(c) vs John Cena WWE Championship - I see Punk beating Cena tonight and ADR cashing Money in The Bank

Orton vs Christian vs S(h)eamus(c) WHC - Christian finally wins it but the S(h)eamus chase in and we have triple threat.Plus Christian/Orton should continue simply because it is candidate for feud of the year

Riley vs Ziggler(c) vs Mcintyre US title - This past RAW ZIggler left Mcintyre and we may see a face Mcintyre.As for Riley it's time for him to shine

The Miz vs Rey - With this one I agree with most of the posts

Big Zeke(c) vs Rhodes(w/DiBiase) IC title - Like most of the posts I agree Ted will cost Cody's match and in the process will turn face

I think that Punk is going to win but someone will cash in and take his title, this way Punk will leave and Cena might be resigned
And about WHC match, it doesnt have to be Sheamus or whoever wins MITB to cash in the same nigh or same month, remember EDGE, he cashed in after almost a year, I have feelings that Chris Jericho is going to return and cost Orton his title and at SummerSlam its going to be Y2J vs Christian(c) vs Orton for the WHC

CM Punk (c) vs John Cena - WWE Championship

Punk is the hottest thing in wrestling at the moment. So I see him extending his contract and winning at Money in the Bank. I dont know how they are gonna do this exactly, but I think this match will indeed happen.

Randy Orton (c) vs Christian vs Sheamus - World Heavyweight Championship

At Money in the Bank I see Sheamus getting involved in the WHC match, and Im not talking about a MITB cash-in, maybe he will attack Orton, and have Christian DQ'd. Christian will complain about getting screwed again, but to not have Orton vs Christian again, Sheamus can get involved in a triple threat at Summerslam

Rey Mysterio vs The Miz

I agree on this one. I think Miz's next feud will be with Rey Mysterio. As this is kinda the only thing that they can do with The Miz at the moment.

Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Alex Riley vs Evan Bourne vs Kofi Kingston vs R-Truth - Scramble Match

I hope they bring back the Championship Scramble. I dont see another Kofi Kingston vs Dolph Ziggler match, so I think at Summerslam they could do a multiperson match. Maybe a Fatal 4-Way maybe this

Ezekiel Jackson (c) vs Cody Rhodes - Intercontinental Championship

I think this match could happen. Maybe DiBiase could cost Rhodes this match, starting a feud between the two of them. I have Rhodes as my guess for a MITB winner, but that doesnt prevent him from going for the IC title for some time

Wade Barrett vs Daniel Bryan or Sin Cara

Im not sure which one of them. Barrett and Bryan have history with NXT and Nexus, so that would definately be an entertaining feud, so I kinda hope that will happen. But I guess WWE could put Barrett with Sin Cara

Mark Henry vs Big Show - No Holds Barred

I dont think it will be a clean finish at Money in the Bank, so they will have a rematch with a stipulation, with Mark Henry going over. This match would obviously not get much time, but it would be an entertaining match.

Im not really sure what to do with Alberto Del Rio on this card. He doesnt really fit in anywhere. If Punk leaves, then it would be Del Rio vs Cena. But if not ... Maybe they could bring back Triple H ?

WWE Championship Match - CM Punk (c) vs The Miz
I think John Cena will lose, and the Miz will cash in, and LOSE. I think John Cena will be "fired" and The Miz will return as a HUGE face, beating down Punk.

World Heavyweight Championship Match - Christian (c) vs Randy Orton vs Wade Barrett
Christian wins at MITB. Barrett wins the MITB, and has a Triple Threat. Christian should retain, and be given a chance.

United States Championship - Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Drew McIntyre
I love Drew Mac, and I think he deserves a chance, to RE-prove himself.

Intercontinental Championship - Ezekiel Jackson (c) vs Ted DiBiase
This would be a good match up, and I want to see Ted DiBiase win the title here.

Fatal Four Way Tag Team Championship - David Otunga and Joe Hennig (c) vs Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel vs The Usos vs Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins
This would be an amazing match,and renew the tag team division.

i really dont think punk will lose tonight to the mitb winner, its too obvious, the wwe will know that everyone is expecting it so im expecting a big shock tonight and you've gota believe that vince is gona have some say and with the role punk is on, the wwe may think that because of john cena having some niggling injuries they dont want the main event of WM28 jeopardised so maybe have john cena being kayfabe injured to nurse the real injuries he currently has

WWE Championship
Alberto Del Rio(c) vs John Cena

I see Punk winning the title at Money in the Bank, during the match, I see ADR cashing in the MITB contract right after. Cena and Del Rio have a good build up to the match which culminates at Summerslam.

Randy Orton(c) vs Wade Barrett

Barrett wins the SmackDown MITB match. He comes out on SmackDown and tells the WWE Universe he is cashing in at Summerslam. During the PPV however he is attacked by Christian(who has just lost his job, LOOK BELOW). Christian steals the briefcase and sneak attacks Orton as he waits for his opponent, Christian cashes in and becomes World Heavyweight Champion. Teddy Long comes out and says the match will restart and this time it will be a Triple Threat, Orton vs Barrett vs Christian(c). Orton wins the match and the championship, this furthers the storyline of Christian underacheiving, losing the belt after 15 minutes rather than 5 days. It would be great for Christians heel character.

Street Fight
Triple H vs CM Punk

After losing the title to ADR at MITB, The Chicago crowd is giving Punk a standing ovation as he gets to his feet, Triple H returns and lays him a serious sledghammer beat down. Punk comes out on Raw the next night and says he is staying in WWE to gain revenge, this sets up a great fued between these two all time greats. The two men spend the next month attacking each other, trashing talking on the mic. CM Punk is white hot right now, Triple H is a legend. It would be great to see these two face off on the microphone on Raw.

WWE Intercontinental Championship
Ezekiel Jackson(c) vs Cody Rhodes (w/Ted DiBiase)

I see Rhodes running down DiBiase for weeks up until this match, just when everybody assumes DiBiase will cost Rhodes the match, he helps him, Rhodes wins the match and the Intercontinental Championship. In the weeks that follow, DiBiase starts to gain a winning streak over SD talent (Daniel Bryan, Ezekiel Jackson, Kane, Trent Barreta etc). When DiBiase is over and popular, Rhodes will turn on him and the two could have a lengthy fued over the Intercontinental Championship, changing hands a few times. As for Cody, I honestly see him facing RKO for the World Title at Wrestlemania 28. DiBiase is super talented and deserves a push as well.

Singles Match
The Miz vs Rey Mysterio

These two start a fued after MITB, obviously with Punk-HHH and ADR-Cena also taking place, this match won't have as good a build but WWE will want Miz to have a singles match on the card, he is the future after all, a win over a legend like Rey Mysterio at the 2nd biggest PPV of the year would be huge for him.

WWE United States Championship - Six Pack Challenge
Dolph Ziggler(c) vs Kofi Kingston vs Alex Riley vs R-Truth vs Evan Bourne vs Jack Swagger

Riley, Bourne, Swagger and Truth have all been gettin a lot of TV time lately. A match like this is a good way to get them all on the match card and any of them winning the title would be huge for their careers, Ziggler retaining would be big for him too.

WWE Divas Championship
Kelly Kelly(c) vs Eve Torres

A match on the 2nd biggest PPV of the year between the two faces of the WWE Divas.

Loser Leaves WWE
Sheamus vs Christian

Christian loses the WHC match at MITB. Him and Sheamus spend the next month bickering over who should be #1 Contender. Teddy Long decides one of them has to go, so he sets up a match betwen them, lose leaves WWE. This is the 1st match of the night, Sheamus wins. Christian flips out, attacks Wade Barret, steals his MITB contract, cashes it in that night and wins the World Heavyweight Championship, only to lose it later that night.

Interesting cards... I especially like the ones who put completely left field workers into the card... totally believable right? Anyway, here's mine.

WWE Championship
R-Truth vs. John Cena (c)

After John Cena just defeated Alberto Del Rio, The Miz, and Rey Mysterio to retain his WWE Championship, R-Truth puts the conspiracy into his corner by cashing in his Money In the Bank Briefcase just seconds afterwards.

WWE Championship
John Cena (c) vs. Del Rio vs. The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio

CM Punk has left the WWE and the savior of Vince's company is now on the bad side of Vince McMahon after risking such high stakes at Money in the Bank. His punishment is to defend his title in a fatal four way match at the Summer equivalent of WrestleMania.

Randy Orton (c) vs. Mark Henry

I'm going with a wildcard here. Henry has just defeated Big Show in a battle of giants at Money in the Bank and Randy Orton has vanquished his rival Christian. Henry has been so impressive that Teddy announces this match to take place at SummerSlam.

Intercontinental Championship
Ezekiel Jackson (c) vs. Sheamus

Sheamus has won the coveted Money in the Bank Briefcase, but the Celtic Warrior wants more gold so he's set his sights on the South African nightmare, Ezekiel Jackson.

Wade Barrett vs. Heath Slater vs. Justin Gabriel
Similar to the fall of Legacy, these three men who have been together since their debuts in NXT season 1 will now find out who is the best of the three.

WWE Tag Team Championships
The Nexus (Otunga & McGuillicutty) vs. The Usos vs. Kozlov & Santino

After the three teams have been going through hellacious wars amongst each other, it's time to see who is worthy of holding the tag team titles.

WWE Diva's Championship
Kelly Kelly (c) vs. Nikki Bella w/ Brie Bella
After vanquishing the former Diva's Champion, Brie Bella, Kelly Kelly has been challenged by her former foe's twin for the coveted Diva's title.

Other likely matches:
Alex Riley vs. Dolph Ziggler
Evan Bourne vs. Jack Swagger
Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase vs. Daniel Bryan & Sin Cara
Christian vs. Kofi Kingston ("cross promotion" match)

Does anyone realize that Del Rio is already the number one contender so most likely someone else will win the MITB match. I can honestly see Evan Bourne winning MITB. My prediction for tonight is Punk beats Cena so the Chicago crowed doesn't go on a rampage. Evan Bourne won the MITB match earlier and cashes in. Cena interferes costing Punk the title and Bourne wins. After all WWE has been using him alot on TV lately and kind of on a role. I see WWE doing this just to send the crowd home happy because Bourne is a respected wrestler by many because of his past stints in ROH and other organizations. The following night on RAW Del Rio earns his Title shot as the main event on RAW. Del Rio wins and is new WWE Champion.

Alberto Del Rio vs. John Cena - WWE Championship
I think Punk will leave WWE, so following the Cena vs. Punk match, Del Rio who will the MiTB earlier in the night comes out and cashes in on Cena and wins the title belt leading to this at SS '11.

Christian vs. Sheamus vs. Randy Orton - World Heavyweight Championship
I think Christian needs to finally beat Orton for the title but since WWE don't trust Christian enough to carry the belt, I think Sheamus who will win the MiTB earlier in the night comes out and cashes in on Christian to win the belt, leading to this.

The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio
With everybody else lined up in feuds with others, these two seem to be the only ones without anyone to feud with, well at least I hope the Riley - Miz feud is done but like everybody else has said, this would be the top midcarder match on this PPV.

R-Truth vs. John Morrison
Only makes sense their long awaited match happens at the second biggest WWE PPV.

Alex Riley vs. Dolph Ziggler - US Championship
With Riley getting a big push lately with his wins over Miz, it would only be right he get the next shot at the US Championship.

Sin Cara vs. Cody Rhodes
This builds itself. Doesn't need to be a title match or anything, just mask vs. mask plus I could see these two putting on a good match.

Mark Henry vs. Ezekial Jackson - Intercontinental Championship
Henry is getting a push lately, so he should get this title match plus it would be interesting to see these two face off as they are both are powerhouses. I can just imagine Zeke bodyslamming Henry. Would be some black on black crime here.

Kelly Kelly vs. Eve Torres - Divas Championship
Think it's about time Eve turns heel and face Kelly for the title plus both of them are the top two divas in the WWE in terms of popularity with management & the crowd, well that's the way it looks to me at least so only makes they be on the second biggest WWE PPV.

SUMMERSLAM.

WWE Championship: John Cena(c) vs. Alberto Del Rio
- It's been rumored for AWHILE now. And as much as I would rather see CM Punk win the WWE Title. I think this match is more likely.

World Heavyweight Championship: Randy Orton(c) vs. Sheamus vs. Christian
- I thought this match was gonna happen at MITB, but it didn't. So why not at Summerslam? Should be a great match.

The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio
- I'd like to see a feud between these two guys. Mysterio has been boring for forever now. And he needs something fresh. And Miz needs a feud with a top guy.

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH: Big Show vs. Mark Henry
There match at MITB will probably end in a double count out. So a LMS match should happen at this event.

8 MAN TAG TEAM MATCH: Sin Cara, Daniel Bryan, Justin Gaberial, & Ezekiel Jackson
vs. Cody Rhodes, Ted Dibiase, Heath Slater, & Wade Barrett
- IT'S POSSIBLE.

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP: Dolph Ziggler(c) vs. Alex Riley
- I rather see this then Kingston and Ziggler. Maybe a good way to get A-RY more up there.

WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS: David Otunga(c) & Michael McGillicutty(c) vs. The Uso's
There's not many tag teams at all. The Uso's are the only good tag team in the WWE.
My opinion.

I was expecting a little clarity to come out of Money in the Bank and Raw and Smackdown this week, but that wasn't the case. I guess it's kind of nice not being able to predict the entire PPV card in advance, particularly where the two titles are concerned.

WWE Championship: I can't even begin to predict. We've got Mysterio and the Miz for the title this Monday on Raw. We've got John Cena who wasn't "fired" and therefore has an automatic championship rematch clause. Mixed into this whole mess is Alberto Del Rio who has Money in the Bank and CM Punk who I don't see showing up in time for Summerslam, but who the heck knows at this point. Obviously, I think it's safe to assume that Raw's main event will involved at least 2 of, if not more of these superstars but who and why is the question at this point?

World Heavyweight Championship: Well, logical booking says Randy Orton has an automatic rematch clause (unless Christian's "attorneys" eliminated that in the contract ha ha). With Orton getting DQ'd to lose the title, logic would dictate Christian vs. Orton in a No DQ match. Logic also dictates Mark Henry is on an absolute tear right now and has nothing to do now that Big Show's gone. If Kane is not "injured," it's safe to assume that maybe he searches for revenge on Mark Henry, but that he's also been involved with Randy Orton. Sheamus is a wild card. I think they'll try pushing Sheamus face graudually, but I don't see him getting right back into the thick of it yet as the last couple weeks he's gradually taken a step back and hasn't interfered in Orton and Christian's business. A 4 way with Orton/Christian/Kane/Henry is possible. A 3 way with Orton/Christian/Henry is possible, but I do hate 3 ways with two heels which is why I'd automatically go to a 4 way.

With the Smackdown scene wide open right now, I'd even go to a 6-pack challenge with Christian/Orton/Kane/Henry/Sheamus/Wade Barrett just to mix it up a bit.

HHH Championship - The Miz vs Rey Mysterio vs John Cena vs Alberto Del Rio

I'm not sure if me expecting some kind of shenanigans on RAW this monday is a given or not but I don't think the WWE should crown a new champion until SS. As for who's in the match Miz and Rey are pretty much a gimme. Cena will use his rematch clause to get in the match, and with ADR it's more the fact that I could see him start pandering to HHH about how he deserves to be in the match because he beat Miz and Mysterio when he won MITB.

World Heavyweight Champion Christian vs Randy Orton - No Holds Barred

Hopefully this will be the match that finally ends the already drawn out feud between the two and gets someone else into the Main Event while whoever loses drops down and starts having to climb back up the ladder. I haven't been too big on either of them lately so really either way this match turns out doesn't matter to me.

R-Truth vs John Morrison

The grudge match that we all know is going to happen sooner or later, and since they've been hyping Morrison's return as of late it looks like the Shaman of Sexy should be back pretty soon to set this match up. The obvious choice with this match is to put Morrison over and start pushing him into the main event a little more, maybe even start another feud with The Miz over the WWE Championship or something.

Sheamus vs Mark Henry

Both of them have been looking for a shot at the world championship lately so I see this happening at the PPV to push whoever wins the match into the title picture while the other works a program with whoever loses the title match later in the night.

Unified Tag Team Championship Otunga & Henig vs Santino & Ryder

Sadly with Punk out of the picture for a while the WWE is going to be pulling the plug on anything Nexus, and even sadder is the fact that the WWE like giving these comedy tag teams with Santino booking over REAL tag teams like the Usos. Maybe the last two members of the Nexus will come out and look strong to keep the name going, but in the end I see it dying a tragic death at the hands of Long Islands Iced Z.

Divas Champion Kelly Kelly vs Beth Phoenix

The "E" made Beth look pretty dominate on RAW this past week so hopefully that means something good for the Divas division if she's allowed to get that abortion of a belt around her waist. Hopefully Beth will carry the title until we can see Kong rise again and make a joke out of these barbie dolls.

Intercontinental Champion Ezekiel Jackson vs Cody Rhodes

I'm not 100% sure on who's going to be facing Big Zeik, but I threw Rhodes into the mix because I want him to win some kind of gold before the Summer is over and with the main event scene on Smackdown already booked for the next couple of months I could see Cody making a good run with the IC Title.

ALSO ON SUMMERSLAM:
An appearance from The Rock - If the WWE wants to keep the fans interested in this feud up until Mania then they NEED Rocky to show up for at least a couple of PPVs during the year, it doesn't have to be every PPV until the Road to Wrestlemania run but he DOES need to be around and why not at Summerslam. They're gonna be LA after all.

A special message brought to you by CM Punk - Imagine Cena hitting an AA on Del Rio and then you hear "Do I have your attention now?" and he looks up at the titantron to see CM Punk live from the studio apartment saying that it doesn't matter who wins this match because he's the REAL WWE Champion and he's taken on anyone that wants to come to Chicago and get some.

Triple Threat Match for the *NEW* WWE Championship
The Miz v Rey Mysterio v John Cena
Something will happen on Raw between Mysterio and Miz which results in no winner being crowned. HHH announces that there shall be a triple threat match between the three. Del Rio comes out half way throught the match teasing to cash it in.

Ironman Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Christian v Randy Orton
The final match in the Christian/Orton feud. Match is also a last chance match, so whoever loses may not challenge for the title again, while the other person is champion.

Single Match for the Intercontinental Championship
Ezekial Jackson v Mark Henry
Big Zeke will be the next victim to Mark Henry.

Tag Team Match for the WWE Tag Team Championships
David Otunga and Michael McGillicuty v Santino Marella and Zack Ryder
Ryder and Santino beat these two in a non-title match on Superstars.

1. Contender for the WHC Match
Sheamus v Wade Barret
I can see this happening with Barret winning, leading to Wade Barret v Randy Orton at Night of Champions.

Single Match for the United States Championship
Dolph Ziggler v Alex Riley
Alex Riley ends up winning the title.

Tag Team Match
Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne v R-Truth and Jack Swagger
Jack Swagger ends up turning face, after R-Truth goes crazy with a steel chair.

Also, we see something between CM Punk and HHH.
Maybe something between Daniel Bryan and Cody Rhodes for the MiTB briefcase, which Daniel Bryan wins.
I know this isn't in-depth, so don't start.

SUMMERSLAM 2011

Christian (c) vs. Randy Orton,
Tables Ladders and Chairs Match for the

Great way to end the feud with a TLC match in homage to E & C.

Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. John Cena,
WWE Championship

The Miz vs Rey Mysterio is already set on tomorrow's Raw for the vacant title, but earlier in the night Ziggler is defending his title against someone like Zack Ryder. Alberto interferes and attacks both men with the brief case, throws one of the two out of the ring and cashes in for a WWE title match against whatever one of the two is in the ring. Because the WWE title is vacant at that very moment, he is able to cash in against ANYONE. He easily defeats Ziggler/Ryder with ease. Cena wants his title back and challanges him at Summerslam. Sorry for the long explanation I'm a fast typer.

John Morrison vs. R-Truth
R-Truth is pissed about not getting a WWE title shot. He claims he will quit before JoMo returns and raises hell to set up what has been a feud in the making for a long time.

Kane and Big Show vs. MVP and Mark Henry
The two teams both have a score to settle. Kane and Show finally trap Henry and gang up before MVP returns and saves his old tag partner to even the odds and set up a tag match at Summerslam.

The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio
With this match set up for the "tournament final" Miz gets pissed that Alberto is already champion. GM says Miz will still face Rey in a #1 Contender's match to face Del Rio next week on Raw but Alberto interferes making it a no contest so its a triple threat on Raw. Alberto retains and Cena comes out after. Miz is pissed of the loss and takes it out on Rey to set up the feud.

Ezekiel Jackson (c) vs. Wade Barrett vs. Justin Gabriel vs. Heath Slater,
Fatal Four Way Match for the Intercontinental Championship

The feud ends with a "Corre fatal 4 way".

Daniel Bryan vs. Jack Swagger,
Money in the Bank Briefcase

Michael Cole is jealous and pissed about Bryan winning the briefcase. Swagger re-unites with Cole only to attack him and turn face, but still challanges Bryan for the briefcase. Because Cole now shares a mutual hatred of the two, he will be fired if he interferes.

I see a lot people comparing this angle of Cena and Punk and the two WWE Championships to the feud of HBK and Razor Ramon, of 17 years ago.

Does this mean, that their match at SummerSlam maybe a Ladder/TLC match?

Do you believe that i'm right? Or will it be another gimmick match? What's your opinion?

I thought about the whole Razor/HBK thing myself. Honestly I can sort of see it. However, because MITB is a WWE PPV based on Ladder matches I think it'd be overkill. I know that singles hatred ladder matches are totally different than multi-man stunt shows but still.

I'm thinking a cage match might be more fitting. CM Punk has traditionally been very good in a cage match. One problem is that a cage match is one match where blood is almost a necessity. Especially in a hate feud. In a last man standing or I Quit you can get away without using blood if you're smart. However, grinding each other's face on cyclone fencing for 30 minutes without blood loses a lot of the drama.

So here's what I think. Punk/Cena in a cage. Let them blade. I say that not because I'm a ****** attitude era mark who thinks anything without tits/beer/blood sucks, but because I think it'd be really special. In the PG era/Post Benoit Era/Cena era, two guys in a culture clash leave it all on the line in a cage and they bleed. The blood will be more important because of the era. The reason Hart/Austin was so awesome (one of the reasons) was because people didn't bleed every fucking show. It was special. I think that could make this a special match too. Plus when ADR cashes in, it's easy pickins for him.

Or....or....what else they could do is a match where HHH bans everyone from ringside. Punk wins, then ADR comes out to cash in, but Cena actually saves Punk because he's too nice of a guy. I think it'd be a real cool addition to his ultimate good guy character. Kinda like how you'd see Batman save the Joker from falling after he just tried to kill 70 ppl because it's the honorable thing to do.

I thought about the whole Razor/HBK thing myself. Honestly I can sort of see it. However, because MITB is a WWE PPV based on Ladder matches I think it'd be overkill. I know that singles hatred ladder matches are totally different than multi-man stunt shows but still.

I'm thinking a cage match might be more fitting. CM Punk has traditionally been very good in a cage match. One problem is that a cage match is one match where blood is almost a necessity. Especially in a hate feud. In a last man standing or I Quit you can get away without using blood if you're smart. However, grinding each other's face on cyclone fencing for 30 minutes without blood loses a lot of the drama.

So here's what I think. Punk/Cena in a cage. Let them blade. I say that not because I'm a ****** attitude era mark who thinks anything without tits/beer/blood sucks, but because I think it'd be really special. In the PG era/Post Benoit Era/Cena era, two guys in a culture clash leave it all on the line in a cage and they bleed. The blood will be more important because of the era. The reason Hart/Austin was so awesome (one of the reasons) was because people didn't bleed every fucking show. It was special. I think that could make this a special match too. Plus when ADR cashes in, it's easy pickins for him.

Or....or....what else they could do is a match where HHH bans everyone from ringside. Punk wins, then ADR comes out to cash in, but Cena actually saves Punk because he's too nice of a guy. I think it'd be a real cool addition to his ultimate good guy character. Kinda like how you'd see Batman save the Joker from falling after he just tried to kill 70 ppl because it's the honorable thing to do.

I don't know if you could get away with an I Quit Match because doing so would make both of them look weak. If Punk's contract calls for a title reign, then I definitely don't see an IQM because having Cena quit would look bad.

I don't know if you could get away with an I Quit Match because doing so would make both of them look weak. If Punk's contract calls for a title reign, then I definitely don't see an IQM because having Cena quit would look bad.

I wasn't suggesting an I Quit match, I was just saying that some matches you can do hate feuds in without blood (I Quit) and some you can't (cage).

In my opinion, a hate feud ending cage match needs blood to be realistic. You can't grind a guy's face into a cage without blood. It'll lose the realism. In an I Quit match you can work the leg or something and sandwich it in chairs and stuff for brutality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back