Starting a Backyard Fed

Wolfdemon

The Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla
So I have talked to about 10 people that would be willing to wrestle for my backyard fed. My Fed will be called Xtreme Suicidal Wrestling or XSW for short. All matches will be under some sort of "Extreme Rules" I already have 2 gimmick match ideas.

Tooth and Nails Match The Ring will be covered in white thumbtacks and nails. Yes I am aware how dangerous this is.

Bodybag Match Pretty much the same concept as a casket match but instead of a casket it's a body bag that you have to force the other person into.

I need some ideas on possible names for my weekly shows or "Free Per Views" and I want your opinion on what I have so far. Please be honest with me guys even if you're ripping everything i've though of apart so far. Any other ideas at all that you would be willing to give me would be awesome and will be rewarded in green rep ;)

Hepatitis-Brawl: cover the ring in rusty nails and other sharp rusty objects, hang a syringe with the proper medicine above the ring, the winner is the first to grab the syringe and inject themselves with the cure. The loser(s) gets Hepatitis-B.

Here's a match.

Screwed, Blew, and Tattooed-Cover the ring in screws, nuts, bolts, and ink pens. Have some old ceiling fan blades suspended from a pole or whatever, and let all heck break loose.

Dammit the computer I am using blocks videos and pictures so whatever you posted I can't see :banghead:

Yeah, this sounds like a recipe for disaster, or a recipe for alot of injured people. Do any of you guys have any training, at all? I'd suggest getting even the most basic of seminar/training session before doing this, just knowing how to properly execute moves like a body slam or hip toss could possibly save one of your buddy's lives.

Also, the nails idea? Yeah, don't do that, at all, there is a SPECIFIC way the deathmatch workers land on those things so as to not kill themselves, I'd highly, highly suggest learning more about this by giving the CZW school a call or something, or shit throw on a shoot interview with a deathmatch worker, but do NOT try and work a fuckin' bed of nails match without any training, you WILL end up in the hospital dude.

I'd suggest if you're going to work the deathmatch style, to work with light tubes. They look incredibly painful as weapons but they actually aren't, they break very easily and if you've got a shirt on you'll be fine, or if you want to be "hardcore" you can go without a shirt but have fun with the glass shards in your back. Stay the fuck away from things like beds of nails, razorwire, etc, any of that insane Big Japan-style uber-deathmatch shit, there's no way you guys are ready for that AT ALL.

In fact, I'd just suggest wrestling regular matches first man. Learn to work before bringing in the ultraviolent stuff. Get some training man.

Yeah I don't think we are going to start out with the really hardcore shit right away but maybe slowly work into it. I am the only person out of the group of guys that has worked any type of match at all so that may be a good idea. Thanks for the advice I don't want anyone dead :lmao:

Dammit the computer I am using blocks videos and pictures so whatever you posted I can't see :banghead:

I just posted the "don't try this at home video." I know it seems cool right now, but this is not a good idea. I did this as a teenager and am lucky the worst thing that ever happened to me was five staples in the head from a garbage can shot. This is more dangerous than you realize, especially if you're talking about nails and tumbtacks. Stay away. I know you're willing to take the risk, but just think how you will feel if you are responsible for seriously hurting one of your friends. Not only will you have a horrible feeling of guilt but it will be made worse when someone comes after your parents in a lawsuit. I doubt I'm going to change your mind, but that's my two cents.

Heres some ideas for some show names:

Friday Night Fire
Road To Redemption
BloodyMania
Backyard Bash

what are you going to wrestle on?

Bed of Nails + Trampoline = Total Fucking Disaster.

I used to have a trampoline wrestling fed too back when I was like 11, we used to have a ton of fun, me and my buddy were the tag champs and everything (prestigious, I know). We didn't use any light tubes though.

I'd wait for a real wrestling ring before going "hardcore".

One of my buddies works at a hardware store and we are thinking about trying to build a homemade ring it will probably cost a shit load though

You'd be better off just saving up and renting/ buying one eventually, making your own ring can be very dangerous and you never know if this thing will even have a future in it (not trying to be a dick, that's just the truth) so you don't want to be spending a ton of money to build a rinky-dink ring and then not have any use for it.

It sounds like you guys just want to have fun wrestling, so I'm sure a trampoline should be fine. I mean if you're actually serious about starting your own little fed, it's really not as difficult as you might think, and booking indy talent isn't difficult either, you just NEED to get some training or no one's going to want to watch you work though, no one.

So I have talked to about 10 people that would be willing to wrestle for my backyard fed. My Fed will be called Xtreme Suicidal Wrestling or XSW for short. All matches will be under some sort of "Extreme Rules" I already have 2 gimmick match ideas.

Tooth and Nails Match The Ring will be covered in white thumbtacks and nails. Yes I am aware how dangerous this is.

Bodybag Match Pretty much the same concept as a casket match but instead of a casket it's a body bag that you have to force the other person into.

I need some ideas on possible names for my weekly shows or "Free Per Views" and I want your opinion on what I have so far. Please be honest with me guys even if you're ripping everything i've though of apart so far. Any other ideas at all that you would be willing to give me would be awesome and will be rewarded in green rep ;)

Green Rep you say okay

pit of domb match the four tables stack on top off each where you are wresting has under it nails, bared wire, rats and all the sick stuff if you break the tables you will be badly injured if not dead. I would ring 911 before attempting this.

Do something like a Picnic Park Panic brawl. Maybe have picnic baskets with different tools/utensils, plates, etc, or picnic tables and use them like a falls count anywhere, or mustard, food, etc for an Extreme match thing.

Don't mind Next jericho, he's an ex-backyard wrestler himself. He had a bed of nails match on a trampoline with no training, and well, he hasn't exactly been "right" in the head ever since. Consider him a shining example of why you shouldn't wrestle a bed of nails match.

Another thing I was wondering is how do you rig a table to be breakable without metal stabbing the fuck out of your back?

One of my buddies works at a hardware store and we are thinking about trying to build a homemade ring it will probably cost a shit load though

Fella it will indeed cost a "shitload" but an idea for a match would be (depends how many people you have) a tlc match and if you have say maybe 10 people and its a regular tlc mixed with a tables match rule which means if you go through a table you are eliminated from the match it would be sick to see this happen. Anyways good luck Fella

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back