• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I joined a backyard wrestling fed.

No, not fucking goddamn Bam Bigelow, sweet jesus are you guys fucking ******ed? Bigelow is one of the most athletic big men to ever work in professional wrestling.

Based on your gimmick, I would say find as much of The One Man Gang as you can. Also, 85' and beyond Andre The Giant. If you can get it down properly, you can make something like an elbow drop look utterly devastating.

Try and work on a Kane-style Sidewalk Slam, that move always looks great.

And get a Double Handed Chokeslam in your moveset.

Also, I need some big men wrestlers to watch to pick up moves from. Been studying Abyss and Kevin Steen but I need more. Ideas? Maybe some indy guys?

Be careful landing that moonsault, wouldn't want to land on your head, suffer a concussion and then have issues with basic reading and writing for life. If Bam Bam is too athletic Steen is a step up from that, even as a brawler.

Only big indy guy worth studying would be Freight Train. I'd say Raymond Rowe too but I think your bigger than him. After that look at the ones aforementioned, Vader, One Man Gang, depending on how quick you are maybe Samoa Joe.

I haven't wrestled in the ring in a few months. We're trying to find a new location for it. Did a few backyard style, well.. more backyard style then I was doing matches. Mattresses, weapons and such. Kendo sticks fucking hurt. They're a lot of fun though. I broke over a dude's head. Meanwhile, here's a GIF of me getting german suplexed in my last match in the ring.

1zeyzhu.jpg

You don't seem to have a plan as your run at your opponent, you just seem to run at him. Kinda telegraphing the reversal.

I mean, i'm still learning. I know i've got work to do. It's hard to work on my technique without a ring. I'm doing bits and pieces at a time though.

Alright. So, March was a huge deal for me. March 22nd, I wrestled in a benefit show for a friend of mine's son. He was born with a rare spinal cord disorder. They are trying their best to get him surgery and treatment but it's such a rare disorder that most hospitals are stumped. Anyways, my friends all held a benefit show for him so we could raise money for hospital bills, traveling fees, etc. Well, the local RVA Magazine showed up and took a bunch of pictures, and actually wrote an article on the event and published it on our website. I just wanted to share this with everyone because it is a huge deal for me, and I was so proud to be a part of it.

http://rvamag.com/articles/full/231...kyard-wrestlers-raise-funds-for-child-in-need

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1ob1RMHXMk

so I watched this shit, a double count out after 2-3 minutes and all you fucking did was slap each other a couple of times I'd cry too if I was that kid.

I know that sounds kinda harsh but fucking seriously 5-10 slaps and you both can't stand?

I fucking HATED that match.
SO FUCKING BAD.
That was all HIS idea.
I wanted to throwdown and just have a badass match, but.. he wanted to do that. So, as the rookie dude I just went with it. I never said I liked my match, just that I was proud of being a part of the show. I still won't watch that match again, i'm so ashamed of it. It could have been so much better.

If you learn the basics of wrestling and become very light footed in the ring, you could be billed as a big man in a decent promotion. Thing is, you need to work out and build muscle so you're not as sore when you land on that mat all the time.

Watch tapes of Akeem/One Man Gang, The Spoiler, and Earthquake/John Tenta. Very few people can do what Bam Bam Bigelow and Kevin Steen can do. They're freaks of nature with their athleticism.

You and JohnJohnson should pow-wow. He keeps asking me if I wrestle and it breaks my heart when I have no choice but to respond in the negative with racial slurs.

In fact, you two should have a match for the WZF Superheavyweight Championship.

I asked you once Dirk!

I just used the last remaining battery life in my phone to watch the match on YouTube(work computer bans it). I hate to be that guy, but that was an awful match. My advice to you: This is a very physical demanding, high risk sport. If you are going to take the time and put your body through the punishment, then I recommend getting trained at an actual school that has an established name and get trained by wrestlers that have a wealth of experience all over the world and have contacts in the bigger promotions like WWE, TNA, even ROH. Otherwise, what are you putting yourself through this for? I can understand the love of wrestling, but if you really want to dedicate the time and put your body through hell, then you might as well set yourself up to where you can actually go somewhere with it and make a name for yourself. You got a taste of it now with the magazine article. Now imagine if you had regular TV exposure, people recognizing you, fans buying you drinks, more magazine and newspaper articles and got to meet the stars that you were once a fan of? You gotta make it worth it bro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back