Saunter with Coco and GD w/ special guest MRC

Thoughts on the Survivor finale, Coco? I don't want to say anything in case you haven't seen it yet.

Oh, and by the way:

chelseameissnersurvivoroneworld.jpg

Yummier.

Kim was the right choice and I'm proud of her for going with the tougher final three. Still a terribly boring set of players at the end. I'd like to bitch slap Alicia for being delusional ghetto trash. Colton is every bit the bigot he insists he's not and I'm not looking forward to seeing him again next season. Yes, I'd gleefully bang Chelsea. Tarzan should have won the $100,000. Did I miss anything?

Who do you think the three returning people will be? Colton is likely a given, unfortunately. Probably James? And there was some dude who has already been on twice, I forget his name, but he left last time after he cut his leg and it got infected.

And I think Troyzan should have won the 100,000.

My long term Survivor memory is shit. All I know is that if they go with the obvious choice of Colton, I won't be watching. I refuse to give my time to that piece of filth.

Troyzan was a far better player than Tarzan. But I'd have given the money to man who gave me the most fun.

Tarzan was more fun, but after a career as a plastic surgeon, he's probably not in dire financial circumstances. And I found Troyzan pretty entertaining too.

And personally, I don't think the winner of the million dollars should be eligible to receive the 100K as well.

They may not go with Colton, if the negative reaction to his racist comments were loud enough.

I like the idea of bringing back people who left for health reasons, as long as they don't bring someone back who is going to end up getting medically evacuated again, like guys who have left with heart or bowel problems.

I'd like to see a season of Survivor where the entire roster consists of people who got eliminated in their first week in previous shows. Because they never even got the chance to play, it would be interesting to see how good (or bad) some of them turn out to be.

How about a season without gimmicky bullshit? What a novel concept!

Yeah, Troyzan was fun. But he didn't put Kat's panties on his head.

Don't get me wrong, I still love Survivor, but I think after 24 seasons, they need gimmicky bullshit.

I was lukewarm about this last season, although I watched pretty much all of the shows, it never really captured my attention as much as usual.

Stop casting bland pretty people. Start casting more crazy people. How isn't this obvious?

You watch last night's episode of Mad Men yet Coco? It was fucking epic. I want to say something about it but not before I know you've watched it.

Also, I bought the first season of Community on DVD, so I'll finally check that show out. Game of Thrones, too. I'm tired of hearing all this praise for both shows and not having a single clue about either of them.

You watch last night's episode of Mad Men yet Coco? It was fucking epic. I want to say something about it but not before I know you've watched it.

Also, I bought the first season of Community on DVD, so I'll finally check that show out. Game of Thrones, too. I'm tired of hearing all this praise for both shows and not having a single clue about either of them.

You don't watch Community or Game of Thrones? I thought I knew you jmt. Hearts have been broken.

Coco, how do you feel about Clive Owen playing Ernest Hemingway?

Fuck all of them. Except Peggy. She's still okay in my book.

Coco, how do you feel about Clive Owen playing Ernest Hemingway?
I've seen Shoot 'Em Up and Sin City. He's manly enough if you're in a pinch.

Fuck all of them. Except Peggy. She's still okay in my book.

Lol... how could you possibly say fuck Pete, man? He's so awesome. I'm worried though he's about to be killed off (suicide). Just an eerie feeling I have.

And Peggy pissed me off with her actions toward Ken last night. She can be just as big of a dick as Don; she just doesn't realize it. I hope her character doesn't become a periodic part of the show like Betty has been this season, though.

I've seen Shoot 'Em Up and Sin City. He's manly enough if you're in a pinch.

That's kind of my feeling. There are definitely manlier (and better) actors out there, but I'm willing to give Clive Owen a look at it.

My bigger problem is that they got an Englishman to play Hemingway, arguably America's greatest author. Use the English to play a great English author like Shakespeare, Dickens, or J.K. Rowling.

I dunno. If Roger didn't off himself last season, I doubt Pete will this season. If anything, I'd be worried about Lane.

And yeah, Peggy can be a bitch. But all the partners except for Don were complicit in the Joan situation, Joan actually went through with it, and Don decided to take out his creative shortcomings on Peggy. She came out of that episode looking better than anyone in spite of her treatment of Ken and I don't blame Peggy for heading elsewhere to see if she won't be taken for granted. Tip of the hat for her having the gusto to take that leap. I'm sure I'll be all over Pete's dick next week though. Or Michael. Yeah, now Michael's awesome.

I don't know why you expect anything more of Joan. She was Roger's **** early in the series, and married someone who raped her. Her little "independent" front is just that... a front. She's always been a glorified ****e.

And Pete is the man for approaching her to do it and making sure it got done. Pete knew how badly the company needed Jaguar, and he was the only one willing to get them by any means necessary. When you look at the last 2 seasons, Pete is literally the only reason SCDP is still afloat.

I don't know why you expect anything more of Joan. She was Roger's **** early in the series, and married someone who raped her. Her little "independent" front is just that... a front. She's always been a glorified ****e.
While you're correct, I'm often blinded by the front.

And Pete is the man for approaching her to do it and making sure it got done. Pete knew how badly the company needed Jaguar, and he was the only one willing to get them by any means necessary. When you look at the last 2 seasons, Pete is literally the only reason SCDP is still afloat.
I'm going to have to mull over the Pete thing because I don't know if he's the ONLY reason. I may have some nice things to say about Ken and certain creative members, but Pete is certainly huge deal now and Roger and Bert are quite right to feel threatened by him.

I'll observe a moment of silent later before watching Superbad.

I'm joking of course. I'd never rewatch Superbad.

Any viewers of Boardwalk Empire in here?

I am halfway through season one and I must say that I am not all that impressed. It is clearly trying to be Prohibition Deadwood but so far it has dropped way short. Despite being a good actor, Buscemi's Nocky Thompson has nothing on McShane's Al Swearengen. I think only Michael Shannon's Nelson Van Alden stands out at all.

Oh, and that song for the opening credits is atrocious.

I enjoy it, but I also recognize it's a huge step below the HBO holy trinity of The Sopranos/The Wire/Deadwood. I have something to say in regards to Van Alden, but I think I'll wait until you've gotten a bit farther in the series.

Only the first season finale to go but I have a few thoughts

Van Alden is a very strange man

Nucky will likely have to kill Jimmy sooner or later and perhaps even Eli too; probably the Commodore too if he hasn't already with the arsenic

Margret is a typically conflicted educated Irish Catholic woman

Jimmy's bisexual fiance seems to be a pointless edition

Faceless Richard is an interesting fellow

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back