Saunter with Coco and GD w/ special guest MRC

Yip.

I look forward to you and Saga to discussing the merits of Mr Billington. Could be the new Sly vs xfear.

I doubt it will be quite as effusive. Im known to be fair, if anything. Saga also seems to have a better grasp of how things work than XFear had at the time.

Yip.

I look forward to you and Saga to discussing the merits of Mr Billington. Could be the new Sly vs xfear.

I'm still waiting for NorCal and TDigle on evolutionary psychology. That has last second thread of the year written all over it.

I'm still waiting for NorCal and TDigle on evolutionary psychology. That has last second thread of the year written all over it.

I was gonna make one response to what he said and move on. Sorry to let you guys down.

It has more validity than he give it credit for, but i cant blame him for his view on it since it appears he has heard some pretty crackpot theories explained using it

It has more validity than he give it credit for, but i cant blame him for his view on it since it appears he has heard some pretty crackpot theories explained using it

Yeah, I find it hard to discount evolutionary psychology as a whole. I was hoping you'd take that approach so I could feel justified in my own beliefs.

Much like a lot of religious-practicality conversation, you need a very good compass of "Well no, because obviously that is just fucking stupid"

Much like a lot of religious-practicality conversation, you need a very good compass of "Well no, because obviously that is just fucking stupid"

Not very many people have that compass.

Evolutionary psychology is a far more intricate subject than people make it sound - "oh, s/he did that because it is in his nature."

No, s/he did it because they are a moron/cunt.

Part of the reason im such an advocate of it, is my breadth of experience in various enviornments were the veneer of every day soceity and rules are stripped away, experience that most others are simply not privy to. Everything I talk about and makes me have a strong belief in it, is because I have seen it and experienced it first hand, many times.

The re-enforcement is the consistency. You see the same things time and time again, regardless of the background, race or what-have-you of the people involved.

Барбоса;4707383 said:
Not very many people have that compass.

Evolutionary psychology is a far more intricate subject than people make it sound - "oh, s/he did that because it is in his nature."

No, s/he did it because they are a moron/cunt.

Exactly. Its actually a much smaller group of actions and behaviours than people make it.

and why is this?

Life was much simpler back then(when the basics of human nature were developed)

Its doesnt explain everything. In fact, it only explains a few basic tenants.

Its doesnt explain everything. In fact, it only explains a few basic tenants.

Oh absolutely. I think evolutionary psychology explains things at a very basic, motivational level, and from there anything that complicates it is something developed on a person to person basis.

Oh absolutely. I think evolutionary psychology explains things at a very basic, motivational level, and from there anything that complicates it is something developed on a person to person basis.

Everyone starts out with the same basic five or six wants/needs/natures. It is the culture you develop in from that point forward which shapes your actions and behaviours

To deny that evolutionary psychology exists is really to deny evolution in general as it is as much the actions driven by instincts/needs that fuel evolution as it is freak mutations.

As I said earlier it is not the theory behind it that is the problem but how people apply it.

So some pseudo-intellectual people need to stop being poor advocates for good shit and broaden their worldviews? Shocking.

I like that this discussion is happening in the Saunter thread. Really classes the joint up.

So some pseudo-intellectual people need to stop being poor advocates for good shit and broaden their worldviews? Shocking.

I like that this discussion is happening in the Saunter thread. Really classes the joint up.

Like a dentist's office with gentlemen magazines in the waiting room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back