Sam's Thread of Chattin' w/ Jake & Other Robust Subjects

The Resurrection of Jake the Snake, available now on Netflix, is a great movie to watch and then switch off after forty minutes when everyone's problems are seemingly resolved. It's also inspired me to kick my crippling wrestling forum addiction and maybe do some yoga or something.

The Resurrection of Jake the Snake, available now on Netflix, is a great movie to watch and then switch off after forty minutes when everyone's problems are seemingly resolved. It's also inspired me to kick my crippling wrestling forum addiction and maybe do some yoga or something.

I don't think I'm brave enough to watch Jake The Snake Robert's so down in the dumps. It's just too depressing to me. It's the same reason I can't watch Intervention, so depressing that it's a torture to watch these unfortunate humans poking needles in their skin. Then, after all the effort the family puts in, we get inspirational music and images of Joe playing basketball with his friends, Joe has successfully broke his habit and is recovering well.....followed by a show ending graphic that Joe relapsed and is back living inside a cardboard box. :banghead:

I wouldn't worry about it too much - more footage of Jake struggling would have actually made a much more compelling film.

1. Room ★★★★★
  2. 10 Cloverfield Lane ★★★★
  3. Anomalisa ★★★★
  4. Creed ★★★★
  5. The Revenant ★★★★
  6. Everybody Wants Some!! ★★★★
  7. The Hateful Eight ★★★★
  8. The Witch ★★★★
  9. Captain America: Civil War ★★★★
  10. Green Room ★★★★
  11. Bone Tomahawk ★★★★
  12. The Nice Guys ★★★
  13. Hail, Caesar! ★★★
  14. Zootropolis ★★★
  15. Spotlight ★★★
  16. Deadpool ★★★
  17. Rams ★★★
  18. The Survivalist ★★★
  19. The Big Short ★★★
  20. The Jungle Book ★★
  21. Goosebumps ★★
  22. Eddie the Eagle ★★
  23. High-Rise ★★
  24. Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice ★★
  25. X-Men Apocalypse ★
  26. The Assassin ★

X-Men.

Literally the only redeeming aspect - literally - was the part copied from the last film. Five minutes of material stretched over, well, it felt like three hours. Dour, boring ***** from wall to wall. The only character they wrote consistently is Quicksilver. Appalling.

My faith in Bryan Singer shaken, I return to my life as a recluse.

I have to disagree with The Hateful Eight, IMO the worst of Tarantino's work. Highly overrated, pointless bore of a movie with trademark gore shots as a slight high point. Didn't like it half as much as Inglorious Bastards and Django Unchained. At least those two had a story to tell, Hateful Eight is just a mess of over chatting characters who aren't that interesting to begin with, it was difficult to stay awake during.

It was definitely overlong - by exactly two chapters, as I said when I first saw it - but Tarantino dialogue is like my cinematic comfy slippers at this point, which is perhaps the opposite of what it should be. But no, I think there's a pretty compelling, very funny, somewhat provocative murder mystery underneath.

Hateful Eight had its issues. It also had a lot of Walton Goggins. That evens out to a pretty decent flick.

SOA doesn't come close to hitting the correct Goggins:Other Stuff ratio. Minor role as a Special Guest Star. Goggins is Goggins-y, but it's not worth it, man.

Although if you like Jimmy Smits, you may or may not be in for a treat.

The problem with casting the cast of The Shield in SOA is that I just wanna rewatch The Shield instead.

Also if somebody shoots my wife in the head I'm not making peace with the people who did it until, presumably, I remember I'm annoyed a few series down the line. That's my first, and main, grievance with that show.

I had to re-watch Justified after SOA because of the hole left in my heart. Much better performance by far.

Anyone up for another season of Curb Your Enthusiasm? Larry David is. So how does this one play out?

I found the last few series of CYE a but of a chore but I'm excited for a return.

Well, excited is just hyperbole. I'll watch it at some point.

★★★★★ Green Room again
★★★★ The Conjuring 2
★★★ The Boss and Independence Day: Resurgence
★★ Mother's Day, The Secret Life of Pets and Gods of Egypt

Independence Day hit all the nostalgia beats I could ask for and wasn't over long.

Gods of Egypt isn't that bad.

1. Room ★★★★★
  2. 10 Cloverfield Lane ★★★★
  3. Anomalisa ★★★★
  4. Creed ★★★★
  5. The Revenant ★★★★
  6. Everybody Wants Some!! ★★★★
  7. The Hateful Eight ★★★★
  8. The Witch ★★★★
  9. Captain America: Civil War ★★★★
  10. Green Room ★★★★
  11. Bone Tomahawk ★★★★
  12. The Nice Guys ★★★
  13. Hail, Caesar! ★★★
  14. Zootropolis ★★★
  15. Spotlight ★★★
  16. Deadpool ★★★
  17. The Secret Life of Pets ★★★
  18. Rams ★★★
  19. The Survivalist ★★★
  20. The Big Short ★★★
  21. The Jungle Book ★★
  22. Goosebumps ★★
  23. Eddie the Eagle ★★
  24. High-Rise ★★
  25. Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice ★★
  26. X-Men Apocalypse ★
  27. The Assassin ★

The film our nation needed at this trying time.

I can't lie, I zoned out completely for that film.

Yesterday I hit 80 films at the cinema this year. My disappointment is that it wasn't 100.

Was every protectionist in the western world lined up against a wall and shot when digital came in?

Someone still has to plug the digital projector in and press play surely? Or have the cyborgs taken that from us too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back