Sam's Thread of Chattin' w/ Jake & Other Robust Subjects

I bought the sequel over a year ago but still haven't watched it. Every time I reach out to it, I think, nah, not in the mood yet.

Really liked the first film though and glad to see Scoot McNairy has done well for himself since it came out. Bummer of a start/ending though.

So much.

Two hours of crying and screaming. Both in the film, and the audience. 17% more monsters. Not worth it. They were even less pivotal to the plot in this one than the last.

I've seen neither of them, and judging my all of you reactions to the films, this leads me to believe I am heading a happier life than any of you.

At least that's what I'll tell myself to hold back the tears.

You could watch Gareth Edwards' Godzilla, though that has less Godzilla than Monsters has monsters, and is also a massive pile of shit. When you're three quarters through the film, Godzilla finally turns up, and then you immediately cut away, you know you've made a mistake.

And now he's directing the new Star Wars film... and Disney demanded re-shoots because they were so unhappy with the final product.

This has the makings of a disaster.

I can vaguely see why you'd give him Godzilla after seeing Monsters, but why would you give him Star Wars after seeing Godzilla?

I'll probably see the new X-Men in the next seven days and we'll see how far my love for Singer will stretch. Love & Friendship got a gushing five star review in Empire and I'm intrigued - I always hoped there was more to "Stone Cold" Jane Austen.

They gave every relevant Sci-Fi director a Star Wars movie.

Hence why the Chronicle guy had one.

★★★★★ Money Monster
★★★ A Hologram For The King
★★ X-Men: Apocalypse
★ Alice Through The Looking Glass and Warcraft: The Beginning

I hope Johnny Depp does jail time for besting Amber Heard.

1. Room ★★★★★
  2. 10 Cloverfield Lane ★★★★
  3. Anomalisa ★★★★
  4. Creed ★★★★
  5. The Revenant ★★★★
  6. Everybody Wants Some!! ★★★★
  7. The Hateful Eight ★★★★
  8. The Witch ★★★★
  9. Captain America: Civil War ★★★★
  10. Green Room ★★★★
  11. Bone Tomahawk ★★★★
  12. The Nice Guys ★★★
  13. Hail, Caesar! ★★★
  14. Zootropolis ★★★
  15. Spotlight ★★★
  16. Deadpool ★★★
  17. Rams ★★★
  18. The Survivalist ★★★
  19. The Big Short ★★★
  20. The Jungle Book ★★
  21. Goosebumps ★★
  22. Eddie the Eagle ★★
  23. High-Rise ★★
  24. Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice ★★
  25. The Assassin ★

Not quite peak Black - though there are pretty overt shades of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Lethal Weapon and even Iron Man Three in there - but enough to keep my interest in whatever he's going to do with Predator simmering.

The plan was to see X-Men but the girlfriend's colleagues told her it wasn't good, so we're off to Sam's second viewing of Civil War. Prepare to see a star drop off that score once I realise quite how hard it drags.

★★★★ Me Before You
★★★ The Nice Guys and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows

The Nice Guys made me laugh in between checking my watch. Turtles was good. They nailed Bebop and Rocksteady, Krang was also everything you could hope for from a spitting piece of chewing gum masquerading as a brain. The surprise of the year, if you exclude Me Before You.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back