Sam's Thread of Chattin' w/ Jake & Other Robust Subjects

La Jetée ★★★
Goodnight Mommy ★★
Sans Soleil ★

Sans Soleil is considered to be a masterpiece. One of the best documentaries ever from what I've read. I'd never heard of it before I saw it as part of a double-bill with La Jetée. I wish it remained that way.

La Jetée is pretty cool. You can tell it inspired 12 Monkeys.

★★★ Criminal, The Huntsman: Winter's War Star Wars: The Force Awakens and My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2
★★ Midnight Special, The Jungle Book and Goodnight Mommy

I've already seen more films this year than last. Greek Wedding 2 is the film of the week, oddly.

I remain unmoved by Star Wars.

Criminal seemed reluctant to just tip itself into balls-out ridiculous territory, and that's a crying shame. It could've been really satisfying with just a lunch time rewrite. This years John Wick. Instead it's this years Non-Stop.

Winter's War exceeded very low expectations and was average.

Idris Elba is the only redeeming quality of The Jungle Book. The kid needed to die.

Long week.

Did you see that the UK has the Criterion Collection now? Or eight of them to start off with. I'd like to own Tootsie or Rapey McRapeface's Macbeth but for £17.99 I'd expect it to come with a complimentary beret.

1. Room ★★★★★
  2. 10 Cloverfield Lane ★★★★
  3. Anomalisa ★★★★
  4. Creed ★★★★
  5. The Revenant ★★★★
  6. The Hateful Eight ★★★★
  7. The Witch ★★★★
  8. Hail, Caesar! ★★★
  9. Zootropolis ★★★
  10. Spotlight ★★★
  11. Deadpool ★★★
  12. Rams ★★★
  13. The Survivalist ★★★
  14. The Big Short ★★★
  15. The Jungle Book ★★
  16. Goosebumps ★★
  17. Eddie the Eagle ★★
  18. High-Rise ★★
  19. Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice ★★
  20. The Assassin ★

Worth the price of admission - which, considering it was a 3D showing in Leicester Square on a Saturday, was quite a lot - for Christopher Walken's eery singing. Otherwise, not much to write home about, other than the obviously impressive CG work.

Your story checks out. Would still rather spend the money on a slow, KFC-related suicide.

1. Room ★★★★★
  2. 10 Cloverfield Lane ★★★★
  3. Anomalisa ★★★★
  4. Creed ★★★★
  5. The Revenant ★★★★
  6. The Hateful Eight ★★★★
  7. The Witch ★★★★
  8. Captain America: Civil War ★★★★
  9. Hail, Caesar! ★★★
  10. Zootropolis ★★★
  11. Spotlight ★★★
  12. Deadpool ★★★
  13. Rams ★★★
  14. The Survivalist ★★★
  15. The Big Short ★★★
  16. The Jungle Book ★★
  17. Goosebumps ★★
  18. Eddie the Eagle ★★
  19. High-Rise ★★
  20. Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice ★★
  21. The Assassin ★

★★★ Captain America: Civil War and Eye In The Sky
★★ Friend Request and Golden Years
★ Ratchet and Clank and Robinson Crusoe

Hit a dry patch. Maybe I should give Civil War an extra star.

Saw Batman Vs Superman.

What a fucking mess. Was this a fan made film?

Still would watch again. Kind of feel like I need to. I asked my wife if I blacked out and missed half the movie, because I felt like I MUST have missed half the movie, but u was indeed there and conscious for the whole movie.

Saw 10 Cloverfield lane. Pretty solid, didn't change my fucking life as some would have me believe.

Saw a lot of people bitching about the third act....It was by far my favorite part of the movie.

Tasteless swine, me.

Wasn't he? Perfect casting choice & he jumped right in the mix action wise. When my kid had no idea who he was before & now he is running around pretending to be him, that tells you Marvel did a solid job at introducing a character on screen. Psyched for his stand alone film.

I really have no clue how they will handle all these characters for Infinity War. The card is stacked. I expect there to be casualties. Possibly some big ones in fact.

I thought Black Panther was a total hypocrite, and was my least favorite character for most of the movie. He supported the Accords, but then once his dad got killed he violated them without any regard for the law.

But I liked him again by the end. He and Black Widow were the only two characters that seemed to realize that the infighting wasn't worth it.

That's not to say that the acting and combat weren't both excellent. They were. I just didn't like his character in this movie.

Accords? Pfft. Diplomatic immunity! Or sovereign immunity? Whichever, so long as the MCU becomes more like Lethal Weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back