• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Royal Rumble: Womens Championship

Rusty

Is hanging up the boots
Womens Champion Beth Phoenix vs Melina​
It's been a while since we've seen one of these Womens Title matches on pay per view. At least 3 months to my knowledge, anyway. It should be a filler since the Rumble match itself takes over an hour alone, not to mention the two World Championship matches which should be nice and lengthy matches. I'm a fan of both Divas and think they should be able to put on a good match here.

This match should last roughly 7 minutes in duration. The Royal Rumble usually doesn't have more than 5 matches anyway, so hopefully these two get plenty of ring time. I'm going to predict a title change here as Beth has held the title for around 5 months and I think it's time for a change. So I believe Melina will win here by a roll up to win another Womens Championship.

It should be a decent filler, at the very least.

Yep this match is the best womens match that the WWE has to offer besides, Beth v Mickie or Melina v Mickie. This should be a great constest between what I think the two best women wrestlers the WWE has. This should be like Rusty said a good 7-8 minute match that serves as a good filler for the actual rumble. Whats good about this is it looks like they have an actual build going into this with the storyline of Melina coming back from her injury to reclaim the gold and the other factor in the match, the women who attacked Melina on RAW this past week.

The way I see this match going though is Beth retaining. Melina will look like she is about to win when that number one fan will attack Melina either causing a DQ or a Beth victory. I just dont see them giving Melina the victory just yet as I think there going to build it up a bit longer and I just see that number one fan playing a big role. Although, if they were going to give Melina the title they could make the number one fan attack Melina after the match in which she is trying to gain revenge on Beth's part and this could set up a title feud with Melina, but I dont think she is ready for that as she hasnt even had a match.

So I see Beth retaining or getting DQ due to the interference by her number one fan, which I cant think of her name lol. Anyway should be a great womens bout compared to other lackluster ones we have seen in the past.

It'll be just as blah as all the other matches involving these two. Melina won't win. Kelly Kelly will probably get this year's Mania match, or that stalker will. Either way, Beth is poised for the second spot.

The sole purpose of this match is to give fans a rest between the two world title matches.

I agree with Italian MVP... this will be a nice good physical match between two of the best divas in the WWE. Melina will come very close to winnig the title a lot of times in the match and right when she gives Beth her finisher, Rosa Mendes will come and cost Melina the title. I also feel that it is a bit too early to give Melina the title and also, I think that this has potential to be one of the better women's title feuds in a very long time. If you have these two feud for a while, then later you can add others like Mickie James and Candice Michelle and maybe even Jillian, then you can have a very strong Women's Championship scene.

Even though I think Melina is going to win the title from Beth, I don't think it will happen here. The Royal Rumble is one of those ppvs that sells without much effort since the RR match itself is so grandiose. That's why its ok to have Cena/JBL, because its just a footnote in comparison to the main event.

Logically, Beth has had the title for a while and she's due to lose it soon. But we're hearing rumors that Edge will win the title back from Hardy due to Christian's interference, so I can't see Melina winning as that's wasting 2 title changes on a ppv that doesn't need to be any more "special", and I can't see Rosa Mendez costing Melina the match as that would mean potentially THREE (HBK costing JBL, Mendez costing Melina, and Christian costing Edge) interference results in the championship matches. No way they do 3 of them in one night.

So all in all, I think we'll see Beth retain by normal means. But I wouldn't be too surprised if Melina won the title on an episode of Raw before WrestleMania. And if Melina isn't next in line for the title, then I have to agree with Jake and say it's going to Kelly.

I see Beth retaining here. I really don't think they want a face Melina as the champion. I think if anything, this will show Beth Phoenix's dominance. She will most likely go to Wrestlemania as the champion. As they usually have one woman's title on the line, I would suspect it would be the Woman's Championship. Beth will probably wrestle this year's playboy diva, which sounds like it will be Kelly Kelly. In that case, Beth should win, I suspect in a dominant fashion. Hopefully Santino is there to walk her to the ring, so we get some Santino promo time.

God know's I'm rooting for Melina to win but I think the odds are staked behind her. With the Playboy Wrestlemania thing coming up soon and also with Beth's stalker/#1 fan storyline just getting off the ground I think Beth is poised to stay champion. The only way I see Melina winning is if Rosa on a mistake costs Beth the title. But again with the Playboy thing coming soon it wouldn't make sence to have a face as champion unless they plan on turning Melina heel again since she does have history of hating Playboy and the girls who pose in it.

The match itself should be good and I'm looking forward to it. Both girls can wrestle and should be able to put on a entertaining match. Their I Quit match was the best women's match last year in the WWE and their 3 way with Mickie was right up there. I just feel it's a shame Melina had to get injured becuase she was on a roll before the injury and she seems to have lost a lost of momentum and crowd support.

Reactions: OIL
should be good, if not a little uninspiring. Will be a good quality match, with a predictable outcome, as obviously were are heading towards Beth Vs incredibly sexy stalker crowd chick. Although it is possible that Stalker chick somehow costs her this match. I doubt it happens just yet though, probably will happen at Mania, causing beth to drop the title to Kelly. Anyways, good match, uninventive finish

I think Beth will win here. Only because i think they are going to give her a very lengthy reign. Maybe a year i don't know but it should be a good match IMO. It look liked they were going to have a good feud or something at ONS but along the lines they stopped it don't know why. Next Womens champion will not be Melina so i don't see her winning it obviously.

Pointless filler, and Beth will keep the title here. But we'll see the crazed fan interfere here, which will result in Beth losing the match by DQ, but keeping the title. Maybe this will build up to WM where we have a triple threat match with Melina, Beth and the fan. Anyway, should be a good match, albeit predictable, as the matches these two have had in the past have been pretty good imo.

Should be a good, solid match. Going back to their I Quit match at One Night Stand, it really proved that they're both solid, quality Divas; as if that wasn't obvious already. However, because the actual Royal Rumble takes an hour of the show and we have two championship matches too, this will be nothing more than a filler. It'll go between the two title matches to give the fans a break. I can't see a title change happening here, because I see a big face win for a Diva at WrestleMania for the title; most probably Kelly Kelly. However, this should still be a good match, and I'm expecting Rosa Mendes to have another run in. Hopefully not directly cost Melina the match because that's too predictable.

Hopefully it'll be a good match. Beth Phoenix has nothing to prove to me as a wrestler, but I'm not sold on Melina yet in the slightest. Beth has finally been able to bring a good sense of credibility to the WWE Women's title, and I honestly think she's a better and stronger champion then Awesome Kong would be in the same role. Beth just has the look and personality that drives taht title.

This match could be good, but it would be pointless for this match to go to Melina. Kelly Kelly is getting the push, and it would make no sense for Melina to be the woman she goes against, unless they turn her heel. Phoenix fits the role though. An ultra powerful female heel that can push Kelly Kelly around, and Phoenix shoudl win this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back