Round 3, Match 27: #2 Chris Benoit vs. #15 Brock Lesnar

Benoit vs. Lesnar

• #2 Chris Benoit

• #15 Brock Lesnar

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
#2 The Crippler Chris Benoit vs. #15 The Next Big Thing Brock Lesnar

The following match takes place in Los Angeles, CA under normal WWE Rules. Debate and follow the rules, no spamming please.

1. Not a popularity contest.
2. Will rules of a region come into play
3. Will crowd be a factor.
4. Watch the Benoit bitching with this match.
5. This is the last round for non Gimmick Matches.

Benoit would kill Lesnar just like he did his family. You can't vote for somebody like Lesnar, who was good, but only around for two years. You especially can't vote for Lesnar over somebody like Benoit. Lesnar would have achieved more in wrestling, and he still might. But currently Benoit has him beat.

I have always being a big fan of both these guys. I loved watching them wrestle and both were good at it. I think this would be a really good match, and with a decent storyline behind it the crowd would really have gotten into it. However I voted for Benoit because looking over the years he's done a lot more, and proved more than Lesnar has. If this was 5-10 years down the line it may be different, but it'll be tough to beat Benoit.

This may be the end of Benoit in this tournament, I can see a lot of people voting for Lesnar on this one. I voted Chris because even though Brock is skilled, he never had a quarter of the training Benoit had and he was only a wrestler for a very short time. That and along with the fact that Benoit is one of the few big stars that Lesnar didn't face before(I think so, correct me if I am wrong) puts him at a slight disadvantage because Benoit is a wrestler that is deadly when you have no former experience wrestling him. Benoit wins in 17 minutes with the Crossface.

Actually both of those guys had one helluva match in December of 2003 on Smackdown. One of the better WWE title matches on free TV this decade in my opinion. This was the whole Heyman trying to screw Benoit angle and giving him the #1 spot in the Rumble after this match. This is one of the best matches I've seen and Brock ultimatley wins with the Brock Lock.

Also, this goes down as one of the biggest fuck ups in WWE history. I'll get flamed for it, but Lesnar vs. Benoit should have been the main event of WM 20 hands down. The storyline going into the rumble pointed to this, so Benoit wins the Rumble, screws Heyman by getting his title shot, and he jumps to Raw??? Yup, Triple H must have wanted to be in the main event again.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rQ9NwXrxumk

also Benoit has a tap out victory over Lesnar at Survivor Series of 03, so this is about as even as it gets.

Also, this goes down as one of the biggest fuck ups in WWE history. I'll get flamed for it, but Lesnar vs. Benoit should have been the main event of WM 20 hands down. The storyline going into the rumble pointed to this, so Benoit wins the Rumble, screws Heyman by getting his title shot, and he jumps to Raw??? Yup, Triple H must have wanted to be in the main event again.

I'd have to disagree. Not about HHH wanting his annual main event spot. But Lesnar vs. Benoit. Yeah it would have made more sense. But remember Goldberg was leaving. They had plenty of time, or so they thought, to do a Benoit/Lesnar program.

I decided to look at this from a personal point of view - like I wouldn't. Anyway, I was never that big a fan of Benoit. Say I am and you've just imagined something I've written. The only time I've ever talked about him is the time he murdered his wife and child, that's how bland I found him. Sure, he was a good wrestler, but everything else about him I just really didn't get.

Lesnar, on the other hand, was one of my favourites for a time, and still is really. Here was a guy like Batista - uh-oh! Crap wrestler alert! He could move and wrestle as well as, say, Kurt Angle though. The guy that was a monster that delivered in every department, save the microphobe. Here's a guy that could survive a botched Shooting Star Splash, landing on his head and neck.

As a matter of personal preference, I pick Lesnar. As for who would win the match, I'd also go for Lesnar. There are three people I would legitimately buy into being dangerous in the ring. One's Kurt Angle, one's Dean Malenko (a new addition) and one's Brock Lesnar.

I went with Lesnar after thinking for a good ten minutes. I can't remember where it was, but I remember Lesnar being in the crossface and standing up to put benoit in the f5. While this may be a one time thing, it was one of the sweetest counters I've ever seen, and was proof that lesnar should win this one. Not much of a reason, but it was the only thing that could break this tie.

Benoit would kill Lesnar just like he did his family.

You sir, are not only a sick man, but my hero. That, is without a doubt, going into the sig.

I'm shocked that there are so many votes for Lesnar. Why? Lesnar was good, but he was around for a combined total of what? 2, 3 years? Versus a 20+ year veteran, who most acknowledge as the greatest technical wrestler ever (outside of maybe Bret Hart)?

That being said, I would love to have seen this match. It probably did happen and was lackluster and botched, just like the way WWE likes to book most of their dream matches, so thats why I'm not remembering it.

Benoit, all the way here. Lesnar is tapping to the Crossface around the 10 minute mark.

I just cast my vote to give Benoit a 14-13 advantage and this was by far the most difficult match for me to choose so far in the tournament. These guys are both phoenomenal and the winner of this match will most likely go to the WWE regions finals, but I went with Benoit after deciding that I wouldn't let people who hate him for killing his family outweigh the fact that this guy was amazing in the ring and one of the top 3 technical wrestlers of all time.

I went with Lesnar, and this smatch goes 35+ minutes. Two absolute fucking surgeons in the ring. They match in agility, speed, tenacity, and pure amateur wrestling ability. Benoit has an edge in experience as was menioned. Lesnar has a HUGE lead in power, which is what ultimately decides this one. Benoit can hook the crossface in, but if anyone can power out, it's Lesnar.

I am not sure how many of you are weightlifters, but trust me, to have traps and delts like Brock does, he has to shrug 4 or 5 plates per side. Maybe more. To have lats as wide as he does (that's his upper back), he has to row 3 or 4 plates per side. It's the shoulder and upper back strength that will allow Brock to power out of and resist the Crippler Crossface.

I don't see Brock winning this with the F-5. When he tries it, Chris is slippery enough and wily enough to reverse it into a crossface attempt. Not sure what move Brock wins with, but Brock wins at the 37 minute mark.

IC....I dont even wanna guess what kind of weight this fuckin beast does for back workouts, it has to be something obscene. it has to be AT LEAST four plates for shrugs. I do three, and Brock is about three times my size lol.

Lesnars back and shoulder stength is ridiculously off the charts. Benoit would never be able to keep the crossface locked in. While Benoits tenacity will carry him far in this one, Brock will be just too much for him. 35+ minute classic.

Just to let you know, the two matches I've seen, and of course it's booked, but duh, Lesnar was tapping to the crossface. I posted the match up top for all to see.. Lesnar does a sick power out of Benoit's attempted crossface, adn that Brock Lock or whatever the hell it is at the end of the match is simply sick. If you haven't watch the match with these two, go up to my first post and click on the link. That maneuver by Lesnar is fucking sick as hell. I still haven't decided who I'm picking because there are legit reasons to pick either one of these two.

IC....I dont even wanna guess what kind of weight this fuckin beast does for back workouts, it has to be something obscene. it has to be AT LEAST four plates for shrugs. I do three, and Brock is about three times my size lol.

Lesnars back and shoulder stength is ridiculously off the charts. Benoit would never be able to keep the crossface locked in. While Benoits tenacity will carry him far in this one, Brock will be just too much for him. 35+ minute classic.

Brock worked out at the gym I used to work at a few times. The dude can put up so much it makes you feel like a girl, I'm not even kidding. He warms up by taking two plates and twirling them around his head. To put that in perspective for people who don't work out, you can't do it.

I went with Brock, probably because I have seen him work out, and I don't beleive the crossface is a useful move after what would probably be a 30 minute battle.

Brock worked out at the gym I used to work at a few times. The dude can put up so much it makes you feel like a girl, I'm not even kidding. He warms up by taking two plates and twirling them around his head. To put that in perspective for people who don't work out, you can't do it.

I went with Brock, probably because I have seen him work out, and I don't beleive the crossface is a useful move after what would probably be a 30 minute battle.

I will put that into perspective. I weight 218 at 5 ft 8. I bench 300. I curl 130. And to warm up I twirl 10 or 15 lbs around my head. Brock uses 45's? F That. The man is a genetic freak and makes Scott Steiner look like a little girl in a pink dress, sticking a hot dog through a donut (name the movie) and could overpower anyone.

EDIT: SInce my post Brock went from 2 back to being ahead 2. Welcome to the Gospel according to IC25, class is in session.

Now, I am drunk on Sake and posting will be fun!

In my own personal top five of best wrestlers pound for pound and move for move, both of these men are on it. In my own personal top five list of matches I make sure I watch, both of these guys are on it. This is an ultimate dream match for me. I got to see it a couple times, but never on the level a feud between these two so richly deserved. For my money, this was the Wrestlemania main event the WWE let slip away.

Both men have insane ability on the mat, both men have rabid intensity and focus. One uses his raw power, while the other uses hiis knowledge of the business to cripple you the second he sees an opening. Simply put, this is my dream match.

I had to go with Benoit, but won't be dissapointed if Lesnar wins. Benoit has made Lesnar tap out twice. Benoit is absolutely lethal when it comes to applying that maneuver. Lesnar is strong as an ox, but his arrogance also blinds him. Instead of going for pinfalls when the match is obviously in his favor, he wants to destroy his opponent, that mentality won't work with Benoit.

This was a coin flip one for me, but I'd give it to Beniot . His experince would out do lesnar's power. Although i did see whole cross face into the F5 that was amazing . I'd also say the crowd would prob boo Beniot now but if this match took place a year ago today beniot would have the crowd advantage. So this would be a hell of a match back at WM 20 . BUT it would have the same ending to lesnar's UFC fight (TAP OUT)!

I don't think you can vote against Chris Benoit in this match, as long as you're using the judgment of the better overall Professional Wrestler.

Brock Lesnar was highly overrated in my opinion, and he was still very raw with only two complete years under him. Yes, it was an impressive two years, but Chris Benoit has the technical side to his advantage.. as well as speed. Lesnar would clearly have the power advantage, but Lesnar seems to be weak and have weaknesses against technical athletes. (such as Kurt Angle)

I think Benoit would win, not exactly easily, but by a clear decision. I can't see Lesnar being anything good enough to match up against someone as great as Chris Benoit.

As it has been stated this would be a dream match. I went with Benoit for two reasons. 1st one the # of quality wrestlers he has feuding with and defeated. I know Brock doesn't have the # of years Benoit does but how many bad matches have you seen by Benoit in 20 years. Brocks match against Goldberg would be a battle for worst match ever. Neither one cared at the time. Look at Benoits last match in WCW against Barry Windham he easily could've not cared but instead the two put on a clinic with Benoit winning and leaving the next day. How easily he could've just walked through the motions. 2nd reason is the techinal side. Yes both are great. The argument is Benoit could not make Brock tap to the crossface(which he has) but I say in around the 42 minute mark Brock gets lasy and Benoit rolls him up for the win. If not that way then when Brock goes for the F5 a reversal into a roll up. The smarter wrestler wins this one.

Well i voted Benoit and i guess i might aswell share the biggest reason.

As everyone has agreed, Lesnar has the size/power advantage, but his UFC match with Frank Mir showed just how much that can mean against a capable and experienced opponent. Which Benoit definetely is.

I see it going just like the UFC match went, except for the glaring differences of an MMA match to a wrestling match ofcourse. The minute Lesnar makes a mistake, which he will, Benoit takes it.

I don't see where this "one mistake, game over" argument ever came from. Have you guys ever seen a wrestling match? How many have you seen where one change of momentum or one mistake - of which there may well be plenty - spells the end. Matches go back and forth, and are often a test of endurance more than anything else. Just saying.

Shocked that Benoit has suddenly shot ahead, it was looking to be quite even.

I don't see where this "one mistake, game over" argument ever came from. Have you guys ever seen a wrestling match? How many have you seen where one change of momentum or one mistake - of which there may well be plenty - spells the end. Matches go back and forth, and are often a test of endurance more than anything else. Just saying.

Shocked that Benoit has suddenly shot ahead, it was looking to be quite even.

Why is it a shock? It's a shock that so many people have voted for Brock Lesnar over a legend like Chris Benoit. Brock Lesnar is no legend.

Lesnar wrestled for 2 years. TWO FREAKIN' YEARS. Compared to a 25 year veteran recognized by most as the greatest technical wrestler? No chance in hell, no god damn chance in hell IMO. Lesnar was good. But he was not great. How many "great" Lesnar matches have you really seen? Wrestlemania 19..........and thats it. Can't think of a single other great match the man put on that made me go "Damn he's talented!". Not to mention he's put on some of the worst matches I've ever seen (his feud with the Big Show?...blech).

Chris Benoit, I would dare say, has never had a bad match. Atleast I've yet to see a bad match involving Chris Benoit. Seen alot of average matches, but also a lot of absolute classics. Chris Benoit could beat Lesnar any day of the week, and I'm pretty sure he did in Lesnar's run in the WWE.

Lesnar could work well in the ring. Unfortunately he was almost exclusively booked in squash matches for atleast half of his tenure in the WWE. Not enough to impress me and beat out an absolute legend like Chris Benoit.

Pretty simple. Benoit: Legend. Lesnar: Flash in the Pan.

Why is it a shock? It's a shock that so many people have voted for Brock Lesnar over a legend like Chris Benoit. Brock Lesnar is no legend.

Lesnar wrestled for 2 years. TWO FREAKIN' YEARS. Compared to a 25 year veteran recognized by most as the greatest technical wrestler? No chance in hell, no god damn chance in hell IMO. Lesnar was good. But he was not great. How many "great" Lesnar matches have you really seen? Wrestlemania 19..........and thats it. Can't think of a single other great match the man put on that made me go "Damn he's talented!". Not to mention he's put on some of the worst matches I've ever seen (his feud with the Big Show?...blech).

Chris Benoit, I would dare say, has never had a bad match. Atleast I've yet to see a bad match involving Chris Benoit. Seen alot of average matches, but also a lot of absolute classics. Chris Benoit could beat Lesnar any day of the week, and I'm pretty sure he did in Lesnar's run in the WWE.

Lesnar could work well in the ring. Unfortunately he was almost exclusively booked in squash matches for atleast half of his tenure in the WWE. Not enough to impress me and beat out an absolute legend like Chris Benoit.

Pretty simple. Benoit: Legend. Lesnar: Flash in the Pan.

I disagree. Personally, I'll always prefer Brock Lesnar. Not because he's more talented than Benoit, which, admittedly, is not really the case, but because whereas Lesnar is quick agile monster who can mat wrestle, Chris Benoit is (or was, as the case is) dull as dish water. I think this theory is perhaps backed up by the fact Brock Lesnar was a world champion more times, and for longer. That Lesnar was around for less time only amplifies this, in my opinion at least. Like it's more impressive that Angle picked up his first world title in his first year, than if he was getting it now. Also, what Lesnar lacks in talent, he makes up in raw power and intimidation. Of course, the latter would be a non-factor against a guy like Benoit, but the former would be a significant factor and - as such - I believe a vote for Lesnar is justified.

god im not sure who to vote for. i mean benoit was a damn good wrestler, and one of the best in ring wrestlers of all time. but brock during his like last year was the monster he decimated allmost everyone he wrestled. but you need to realize that it only took 1 second for chris to get someone in the crossface and they were allmost allways done. the only thing that could stop chris from winnng would be brocks power.
im going with chris

Lesnar wins.Its a well-Known fact that Benoit has a bad neck.What does Brock Do?He destorys him with spears,bear hugs and other big power moves.Hell even if Benoit did get some holds on Lesnar would power out.And lets not forget Lesnar isn,t that bad at ground work.

Lesnar wins after 15 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back