• #3 Sting

• #14 John Cena

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
#3 Sting vs. #14 John Cena

The following match takes place in Los Angeles, CA under normal WWE Rules. Debate and follow the rules, no spamming please.

1. Not a popularity contest.
2. Will rules of a region come into play
3. Will crowd be a factor.
4. This is the last round for non gimmick matches.

This is Sting all the way. Cena is definatley more than a flavor of the month, but sting was the flavor of a decade. He was WCW for a long time, and has fought and won feud after feud with big name after big name. Cena is good in the ring and far better than he is given credit for. Sting on the other hand is a top wrestler that was aas strong as Hogan and could jump like RVD. Sting is a complete package of a wrestler, while Cena is a brawler. Cena puts up a fight, but falls to a scorpion deathlock followed by a handshake while Metalica's Seek and Destroy rocks the arena.

I'm no fan of either. I've never got excited about any match that's been announced containing these two. I've liked their matches after, but during the hype for them I'm not intrested. I think both are boring on the mic. Cena's a heel, him as a face is like Piper as a face. Crap. But Cena's had more entertaining matches in my opinion, against more varied opponents. Sting has had good matches against Vader, Sting and maybe a few others. But other than that he's never impressed me.

Wow, I really cant belive that Sting is running away with this so badly. I realy cant remember many memorable Sting matches, besides his stuff with Vader and Flair. He had great charisma, and was played his role as the top WCW face well, but I just think Cena has a more impressive resume, and has put on entertaining matches more often. I go with Cena.

Wow, I really cant belive that Sting is running away with this so badly. I realy cant remember many memorable Sting matches, besides his stuff with Vader and Flair. He had great charisma, and was played his role as the top WCW face well, but I just think Cena has a more impressive resume, and has put on entertaining matches more often. I go with Cena.

As I said in the Christian vs Muta thread, both Sting's and Muta's best matches were in 1989, after that both of them rarely put on something special. However Sting suceeded because he was in the states and his stuff with Flair pretty much guaranteed him a top spot for years to come. Muta would have been as big as Sting if he had stayed, but he never. Fact remains both Muta and Sting are incredibly overated.

That been said Sting will win this based soley on the fact Cena's career is too short to be compared to someone like Sting, he's been around what 5 years Cena and only 3 on the main event scene. Without a doubt Cena would win this in a year or 2, but until Cena finds someone to have a truely great match with I cannot put him over Sting. Simply put Sting was better in his prime than Cena is now- who has probably not reached his prime. Both I feel work very similar in the ring and it would be an even match but while Sting has had some great matches (all be it few and far between), Cena has only managed good and solid matches. Cenas stuff with Edge and Jericho was good the rest has been poor to solid, some due to bad booking, some due to Cenas style and lack of versitility. Sting wins in a close match.

I am not a Cena fan, but I find myself continually voting for the guy. I never got excited about Sting and always thought he got over on his gimmick. Cena is going to be great, he is thee wrestler that will be remembered the most from this era of the sport and as much as people want to deny it, the guy delivers all the time. He has had classics with Edge, JBL, Taker, Orton and whoever said he doesn't have a memorable classic obviously hasn't seen his 60-minute match with HBK on RAW last year. A Sting vote is justified but I never liked the guy, I see a lot of Cena Hate votes here.

I gotta go with Cena on this one. Sting has been a huge name in the business for a long time and was a main face in WCW for a long time, but Cena has had some pretty good matches in his short career to go along with some great title reigns. Overall good match but I see Cena winning with a FU.

Wow, I hate to be mean, but have you guys watched anything besides the WWE? To say Sting hasn't had great feuds and matches, yet go on about Cena's impressive resume is kind of mind boggling. Now i'm not a Cena is the Wrestling Anti-Christ guys (that is Triple H), but I'm not going to let Vince McMahon or the WWE tell me he's one of the best all time at this point in his career.

Sting managed to stay in the main event scene going on 20 years now. He still is very capable of good matches. From Vader, to Flair, Rude, Savage, and Angle, Sting delivers almost every time he is out there, minus the botch of Starrcade 97. Sting wins, and at this point in his career, Cena can't keep it close.

Come on Shocky. Sting is like Hogan but without the reaction. He's good, but he's nothing special. He has his moves and he doesn't change at all. That's not a bad thing, it worked for Austin, Flair, Hogan, The Rock etc. But Cena's a puppy. He'd do whatever Vince tells him. Which means more variety. Cena doesn't have to fall off ladders to get pops, but he would.

I don't understand how anyone can vote Cena, Sting has been wrestling for 20+ years and has stayed in the ME for 20, has had two of the best feuds in the last 20 years against Vader and Flair, gave WCW their biggest buyrate, sold a ton of merch in early 90s and out sold anyone else in WCW in 97/98, he and Vader kept WCW alive in the early 90s.
Today the guy still gets big pops crowds love him, they never boo him. Christian in TNA the only time he has been booed is when he turned on Sting.

In late 80s and early 90s he was in his in ring prime, he use to jump over the top rope to the outside regulary, did some other flying manuvers, use to pick up people like they were nothing ( I remember him holding Vader in a fireman carry for like 10 sec ) while after 1996 he kind of toned down he in ring skills, he still had some great matches, plus he had great great charisma.

As coincidence will have it I was just on dailymotion and was looking for some DDP clips and found his match against Sting on nitro when DDP lost the belt:

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevanc...7c_sting-vs-ddp-nitro-april-26-1999-pa_events

Now tell me thats not a great match and look at the reaction he gets in the end.

Sting dose not get the crowd reaction like cena dose as. But the experince of sting should be enough to push him through the match . The match would probly be a long one with both superstars using their finshing submissons. The anoucers will try to push cena's youthfullniess over with the viewers on tv . But in the end sting's experince will let sting win with his version of the sharpshooter.(expect a lot of back in forth andvantages for both superstars and it not gonna be a brawl so that takes cena's strikes basicly out of the picture) clean finsh ti the match as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back