Round 1, Day 7, Edmonton, AL

Benoit vs. Guido

• #2 Chris Benoit

• #63 Nunzio

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Benoit is probably the greatest in rign wrestler I have seen in my opinion. I think he has over come a big obstacle by only having one vote against him at this point. I think if people look at it objectively and base it on wrestling, Benoit is a legit threat to take down HBK in this region, probably the most legit threat in this tournament. Nunzio, meh, don't need to talk about the funny guy of ECW.

Well the good thing is, either one of these two get destroyed by Benoit in round 2. Billy Gunn is god awful. He had feuds custom made for him to succeed in teh business, hell he was given the King of the Ring, and manage to do absolutely nothing. He was the strong member of the weakest, most over rated tag team ever in the E. Billy Gunn is garabge. At least Papa Shango made black ink come out of people's foreheads.

There is no one that has made a bigger impact in the business in as little time as Brock Lesnar. I think even without the experience, he is too much for Hayashi too handle. Lesnar is probably about the closest thing you can get to being a perfect wrestler. He has incredible size and power, but not so much to slow him down and make him cumbersome. He has speed and agility, raw power, and a pissy attitude to destroy people. Lesnar could go far in this thing, depening on matchups.

Nova, hands down the better wrestler, in fact, if you make an arguement that Nash is a better wrestler, you're an idiot. Nash is nothing but pure power, and pure size. That being said, without the benefit of a six sided ring or no rules, Nova gets destroyed. Size beats out skill almost all of the time, unless you are incredibly gifted. Nova is good, but not incredible.

Daniels is so over rated in this thing it's ridiculous, and border linea joke. The guy really hasn't done anything in his career to warrant this spot. He's held a glorified cruiserweight champions that TNA fanboys are quick to jizz on when they see a match. All that being said, Daniels has a good chance at going pretty far in this thing. He has the name recognition and the label of TNA Original which is going to get him bonus points.

Well another one gets through based on exposure by the WWE. La Parka would destroy Carlito, it wouldn't even be close. Carlito only has the benefit of being a cocky little shit, and a second generation wrestler. Outside of that, nothing. He has had zero good matches int he WWE. He has had collectively one of the worst reigns as US champion, and as IC champion, an incredible task to blow with two belts.

Honestly, the Hollywood Blondes may becoem one of the greatest tag teams in history based on the two guys after their careers. If you took the in ring ability of Stunning Steve and meshed it with Stone Cold minus the neck injury, there is a legit chance that Austin has dominated the WWE for ten years now. Now, add in the uncanny ability of Flyin Brian with the gimmick of the Loose Cannon, and you subtract the ankle injury that got him hooked on pills, you have another legit main event force in wrestling. That's how damn good the blondes were. It's a shame that Pillman died, because he was a trend setter in this business of copy cats.

Not much of a Shamrock fan here. I think he did a damn good job transforming from an MMA'er to a Wrestler, but he certainly had flaws. I think the "He's snapping" angle took so much away from him and rubbed me the wrong way. It took a good match, wrapped it up, twisted it, and out came a lump of steaming crap. Rick Steiner was good, but never made the transition to singles wrestling like Scott did. Scott Steiner was the talent of the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back