ROH SuperCard of Honor VII LD

So two minute technical issue and in those two minutes not only does a huge brawl go down but when we come back Jay Briscoe is seconds away and does win the ROH World Championship, one of the greatest moments in Ring of Honor history?

I don't like the technical issue but apart from that minute it was perfect all night.

Jay Briscoe is ROH World Champion.

One of two things happened from what I can tell:

1. ROH's tech problems are once again killing them.

2. This is BRILLIANT as you don't know what happened and need to tune in to find out.

If it's 2, ROH is freaking moronic.

One of two things happened from what I can tell:

1. ROH's tech problems are once again killing them.

2. This is BRILLIANT as you don't know what happened and need to tune in to find out.

If it's 2, ROH is freaking moronic.

I can guarantee it was 1, they aren't that dumb. The stream was beautiful all night too, then it just cut out.

So two minute technical issue and in those two minutes not only does a huge brawl go down but when we come back Jay Briscoe is seconds away and does win the ROH World Championship, one of the greatest moments in Ring of Honor history?

I don't like the technical issue but apart from that minute it was perfect all night.

Jay Briscoe is ROH World Champion.

That was the most important couple of minutes in the entire show though.

This PPV was crap, it was a thumbs down for me. Bad finishes, and mediocre matches, with the main event being one of the worst matches of the night.

That's what makes me think it might be 2.

I fucking hope not, I'd be more livid than I am right now. I can see how it could be an angle, but with the history they've had with iPPV issues, that's a huge risk.

This PPV was crap, it was a thumbs down for me. Bad finishes, and mediocre matches, with the main event being one of the worst matches of the night.

No. You're an idiot.

I fucking hope not, I'd be more livid than I am right now. I can see how it could be an angle, but with the history they've had with iPPV issues, that's a huge risk.

It's also not good if you've got new fans tuning in. Odds are there's no refund/anything for the fans because it was at the tail end.

Overall, really happy with the show.

Opening match was an ACH/Thomas spotfest but it was entertaining, nothing more than to put them over. I knew damn well Mike Bennett would return to face Shelton, if that is either of their or bother of their last matches in Ring of Honor I've enjoyed watching them both, Bennett more-so than Benjamin because of the improvement Mike made since joining, dude is a really capable wrestler with a good look and charisma.

Michael Elgin versus Jay Lethal is the WrestleMania Weekend bar setter. Last year Michael Elgin versus Davey Richards stole the show, lets see if DGUSA and WrestleMania can top it, awesome stuff. Roderick Strong versus Karl Anderson was a solid match, happy to see ROH benefit from the NJPW connection more-so than anything else.

American Wolves versus reDRagon was as I expected; phenomenal. Davey Richards is one of the best wrestlers living, guy can work any style and do basically any move, hes improved on his ring psychology too, sells a lot more than he used to and hes been great since the Wolves reunited. No more of that MMA-esq bullshit. Jay versus Steen was solid, two minute technical issue aside I think its a great moment for Jay to finally win the title belt, Steen turning too makes things a lot more interesting.

It's also not good if you've got new fans tuning in. Odds are there's no refund/anything for the fans because it was at the tail end.

Honestly, I'd be happy with one free replay so I can see what happened.

There's an easy angle. You say SCUM pulled a cord and now there's no proof that Jay won. It's a stupid angle and not worth pissing off your audience for, but it's there.

No. You're an idiot.

You didn't know that yet?

As for the technical issues, it cutting out then was really odd. Dave Meltzer says they have something like a 0.6 ratings average on SBG networks which is pretty good for what they have, doubt they'd be trying a stunt to increase from that though.

Honestly, I'd be happy with one free replay so I can see what happened.

There's an easy angle. You say SCUM pulled a cord and now there's no proof that Jay won. It's a stupid angle and not worth pissing off your audience for, but it's there.

It's ROH. I wouldn't put much pass them. They brought in DAN SEVERN as a focal point for their biggest match of the year.

I saw Jay Briscoe using the Piledriver, going for the cover, 1 - 2 and not the 3. I'm pretty sure I saw that. Also, don't trust "Meltzer's TV ratings", it comes from an avid reader of WON.

You didn't know that yet?

As for the technical issues, it cutting out then was really odd. Dave Meltzer says they have something like a 0.6 ratings average on SBG networks which is pretty good for what they have, doubt they'd be trying a stunt to increase from that though.

Especially since a majority of the audience doesn't even get the channels.

It's ROH. I wouldn't put much pass them. They brought in DAN SEVERN as a focal point for their biggest match of the year.

Yeah, that angle got kind of fucked up. They were former tag team partners and they are both competitive. You don't need more of an angle besides that, especially with how great the first match was.

Yeah, that angle got kind of fucked up. They were former tag team partners and they are both competitive. You don't need more of an angle besides that, especially with how great the first match was.

It made me stop watching.

Let that sink in for a minute.

It made me stop watching.

Let that sink in for a minute.

Correction.

Jim Cornette made you stop watching. He made the Severn decision and he wanted to push Davey as an "MMA trained" wrestler to pander to fans of MMA. One of the many reasons Cornette can't book in the 21st century.

I can't say that I blame you. That was about when I stopped watching too. In fact, this was my first ROH show in over a year. The anniversary iPPV was in Chicago and I never considered going.

I've done a few one off shows of theirs but it's nothing great usually. Final Battle 0............7 I think was good.

Correction.

Jim Cornette made you stop watching. He made the Severn decision and he wanted to push Davey as an "MMA trained" wrestler to pander to fans of MMA. One of the many reasons Cornette can't book in the 21st century.

No....no it was the kicking and Richards in general. The rest of the show did nothing for me either. Cornette can book with the right talent. His OVW stuff was excellent with Punk vs. Albright.

I've done a few one off shows of theirs but it's nothing great usually. Final Battle 0............7 I think was good.

I've come to accept you don't like the style :). I think there was a Survival of the Fittest that you didn't hate too, if I remember correctly. I read way too much of your reviews.

I follow ROH on social media (speaking of things you hate) and that iPPV was built in a way that it seemed close to guaranteed that Jay Lethal would beat Steen for the belt and I still didn't care.

No....no it was the kicking and Richards in general. The rest of the show did nothing for me either. Cornette can book with the right talent. His OVW stuff was excellent with Punk vs. Albright.

Davey can't talk that well, and his offense can get repetitive. They should've booked him as a killing machine. Come in, do a few hard kicks and painful looking submissions, finish. In, out, 10 minutes. Instead, they would do the same overblown big match formula that could be fun, but often made every match look a lot alike.

I've come to accept you don't like the style :). I think there was a Survival of the Fittest that you didn't hate too, if I remember correctly. I read way too much of your reviews.

I follow ROH on social media (speaking of things you hate) and that iPPV was built in a way that it seemed close to guaranteed that Jay Lethal would beat Steen for the belt and I still didn't care.

You've been brainwashed well.

Davey can't talk that well, and his offense can get repetitive. They should've booked him as a killing machine. Come in, do a few hard kicks and painful looking submissions, finish. In, out, 10 minutes. Instead, they would do the same overblown big match formula that could be fun, but often made every match look a lot alike.

There's a simple concept ROH doesn't get: when you get kicked in the face, YOU FALL DOWN.

Also, 98 finishers and kicks do not make a good match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back