ROH & NJPW 'Global Wars' LD - LIVE on iPPV from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
[YOUTUBE]azptCGFyEP8[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]2p9maD3Sq5k[/YOUTUBE]

34ffel2.jpg

ROH World Championship
"Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen vs. Adam Cole (c)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2r6grk9.jpg

Bullet Club (AJ Styles & Karl Anderson) vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Gedo)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

evbdz4.jpg

Jushin "Thunder" Liger & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Jado

2vt2y5d.jpg

ROH World Television Championship
Jay Lethal (c) w/ Truth Martini vs. Matt Taven vs. Silas Young vs. Tommaso Ciampa

ogcksg.jpg

IWGP Jr. Tag Team Championship
The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) (c) vs. Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov & Rocky Romero) vs. The Timesplitters (KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley)

zv4mll.jpg

ROH vs. NJPW
"Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs. Takkaki Wanatabe

acg9so.jpg

Grudge Match
Cedric Alexander vs. The DECADE's Roderick Strong

k1tl08.jpg

reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly) vs. The DECADE (BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs) vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe

e6y69y.jpg

Michael Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis vs. ACH

sv6owg.jpg

Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro Wrestling's best collide from the sold-out Ted Reeve Arena in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and for just $14.95/£8.88/€10.88 you can watch LIVE on uStream, by going to uStream.tv/RingofHonor!

The action starts at 7.30EST/12:30GMT, with the pre-show featuring a look back on the career of Kevin Steen and a match featuring ROH's TaDarious Thomas starting 30 minutes before!​

Good shit, might have to figure out a way to watch this one.

Seeing AJ Styles and Alex Shelley sparked my interest. This is on tonight, you say? Nursing a hangover, so I might buy it just for the novelty. How do ROH's iPPVs run these days?

How do ROH's iPPVs run these days?

Like length wise or...? Need to be more specific. If it's how you buy and all that you just click on the uStream channel, sign-up and purchase the show with your debit/credit card and at 12:30 (or 12:00 if you want to watch the pre-show) you head to the channel and the show will have started. Show runs for 4 hours I think, neither promotion has been clear.

Damn this card looks stacked. If I'm home I'm gonna have to watch this. Assuming it's an 8 PM start time for those in EST?

Those were in-house productions, so basically they did everything themselves for those shows, or when they were with Go Fight Live, GFL couldn't handle the amount of people trying to watch because it was made to show small boxing matches and stuff. This is uStream, they're the leading live Internet streaming provider in the world. They've shown live streams with over 1,000,000 viewers and have only ever had one issue with the 52 NJPW iPPV's they've shown from Japan to America and that was only an audio issue, so this is virtually guaranteed to be flawless.

Damn this card looks stacked. If I'm home I'm gonna have to watch this. Assuming it's an 8 PM start time for those in EST?

7:30EST

Going to a college party so I'm not gonna watch this live. Definetly looking forward to ROH's part of the card, as the New Japan feels mostly like filler after filler. Alexander v. Strong should be good. Bennett v. ACH can be also very good. Cole v. Steen can be a great, and looking from their clash at PWG, it probably will.

The remaining of the card I could take it or leave it. Would very much appreciate a Nakamura v. Elgin isntead of Watanabe or HELL, Ishii v. Elgin, two of the best big guy wrestlers in the world. Probably #1 and #2 respectively. Sad for that.

Going to a college party so I'm not gonna watch this live. Definetly looking forward to ROH's part of the card, as the New Japan feels mostly like filler after filler.

I'm looking forward to The Young Bucks versus The Timesplitters. Featuring those other guys.

I wasn't gonna pass on this one but AJ Styles, Alex Shelley, Steen Vs. Cole for the title, I just can't pass this one up, already ordered. This will be my first time seeing a lot of the Japanese guys on this card, looking forward to it.

Hence why they made sure to involve Styles, Shelley and Elgin, i.e. people the audience will already know.

Elgin's never competed in Japan, actually, it's kind of something that is driving him nuts, at least from interviews I've seen him in. This is a big thing for him because Gedo and Jado are NJPW's bookers, so if he impresses they'll probably bring him over for the G1 Climax tournament they do every year, because its bigger this year than before so they need more people, so Elgin could be an ROH representative.

A lot of the names on the show will be familiar to ROH fans. Like Forever Hooligans, KUSHIDA, Karl Anderson, etc, Styles is really the only name on the show who'll attract "casuals", but the entire event will attract casuals because it's a special event, a spectacle of sorts. Although next weekend will be much bigger.

Just watched Cole Vs Briscoe Ladder war from Supercard of Honor which was a violent entertaining match. I didn't get a feel for Coles moveset because of the type of match but he certainly looks good and is pretty young. I look forward to seeing him fight Steen, overall the card looks decent and I'm pumped. ROH seems to be on a roll right now.

One question, is their an official alliance between Cole and Bennett? I don't recall the commentary team going into depth about why Bennett was helping him.

They aren't in a stable or anything, they're just friends, who Matt Hardy is advising.

I thought I remember one of the commentators referring to their alliance as M.M.A. (Mike, Maria, Adam), when Mike & Maria came out to help Cole out at one of the TVs leading to SCOH.

I've got one question regarding the stream, I know when you purchase ROH's VOD shows you get access to them for about a year or something, is that the same with ustream, or is it once the show is over you don't have access to it anymore through their site (unless you purchase it again)?

I probably won't watch it live but this has certainly perked my interest in ROH

I've got one question regarding the stream, I know when you purchase ROH's VOD shows you get access to them for about a year or something, is that the same with ustream, or is it once the show is over you don't have access to it anymore through their site (unless you purchase it again)?

Bauer said you get it on demand for a week after the show and then if you want the one year VOD you email your receipt which you get in your email to ROH and they'll give it to you for the year.

Also, JR is in the building!

Bauer said you get it on demand for a week after the show and then if you want the one year VOD you email your receipt which you get in your email to ROH and they'll give it to you for the year.

Sweet, thanks

Also, JR is in the building!

Too bad he won't be on commentary instead of Kevin fucking Kelly, I can't stand Kevin fucking Kelly.

I'm tired as shit, but I just bought the 'ticket' and put a Lucozade in the freezer so I guess I'm in this for the long haul. Let's see what all the fuss is about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back