Rep

Rep - Worthwhile or Worthless?

• Worthwhile, it has an important place

• Worthless, it's stupid and nobody cares

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Is it important, or not?

I say yes. It's affirmation of well thought out posts, witty comments, and all of the things that make these forums fun. Plus, it comes from peers, and often the ones who have the most rep to give are among the most respected on the board, and they've earned that rep power.

I am one of those compulsive rep-checkers, and I love to know if someone appreciates or disapproves of a post.

But what do YOU think? Is rep important?

I check it about every ten minutes actually. The problem is, almost all of the regulars have full bars now so where do we go from there?

rep comments are cool but I cant say as I am too fussed about the little green bars.

I check it about every ten minutes actually. The problem is, almost all of the regulars have full bars now so where do we go from there?

Not sure you noticed, but a couple months ago I stretched out the # of rep points it took to get to full bars. Jake thought I'd cause a riot, but not a soul even noticed at all. It now takes 5,000 rep points to get up to full.

Well, I'm a big fan of rep. As others have said, its nice to know when you're appreciated. I have a feeling that if the rep system wasn't in place, I probably wouldn't be posting much, cause I would think nobody cared about any of my posts in particular, you know? So many members, so many topics, so many posts...they get lost. When someone pinpoints a post of yours and dishes out some rep, its a smirk moment.

But now that I'm hearing it takes 5000 points to get full rep, I'm a little disillusioned lol. I only have 1283 :( haha.

I'd like the idea of it taking 5000 rep to get all your green bars, if we could make it so that thats how it worked for everyone. I know I'd be knocked back a few bright green if that were the case, but I think it'd be better that way, easier to tell whos higher in the WZ world. Basially, the person with the most rep should be the only person with full rep, and he should be the measuring stick for everyone else, know what I mean?

I enjoy rep. I really like it when I get repped for my wrestling posts since it means somebody thinks I made a good point or had a valid argument.

The only important factor of rep is that you're able to recieve feedback about your posts from other people. I enjoy reading a nice long rep comment on what they enjoyed/disliked about my post. Constructive criticism is always a good thing.

Well, I'm off to watch the end of this Boston massacre of the Trail Blazers and relax with a brew or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back