Raw Presents: WWE Fastlane!

The ones who get over (Punk, Bryan) are not the ones Vince wants to get over.

He's washed. He doesn't know how to pick them anymore. It's 2017 and this guy is 70 years old and has spent his life living in a bubble. He doesn't understand people and what they like and want anymore.

I somewhat agree with this. Then again, he's forgotten more about getting someone over than you and I will ever know.

I hope when Brock wins at Mania via two suplexes and one F5 after totally no-selling a spear that he holds that belt for the entire year, maybe even another year or two after that (if they're going to continue paying him big money for little work, he'll re-sign).

The two year reign we should be in the middle of right now. He should have spanked mark hunt with the WWE title around his waist.

Or maybe today's "stars" aren't getting over to the point where Vince no longer needs special attractions?

This is just a cyclical argument. You say, "Vince brings in the geezers because they actually draw and the full-time guys don't." Than I say, "the full-time guys can't get over because Vince keeps bringing in the geezers and putting them over at the expense of the full-time guys."

At the end of the day, you have to put some faith in the people you have. If you don't give them those opportunities, how are they supposed to become stars?

The ones who get over (Punk, Bryan) are not the ones Vince wants to get over.

He's washed. He doesn't know how to pick them anymore. It's 2017 and this guy is 70 years old and has spent his life living in a bubble. He doesn't understand people and what they like and want anymore.

Do you like Smackdown?

Man, Goldberg is not Hulk Hogan. Not even close.

And Hogan could at least still work a match. Rock-Hogan was awesome. Hogan put some passablly good matches on with many during that run.

No I totally agree. But those matches Hogan put on after his match against The Rock were nowhere close to title worthy. At least making Goldberg look insanely unstoppable over Lesnar halfway makes sense. Doesn't make it good. But at least it's halfway logical. Hogan losing the passing of the torch match against The Rock then becoming champion is meh. I dunno... none of this crap is linear. So many different opinions.

This is just a cyclical argument. You say, "Vince brings in the geezers because they actually draw and the full-time guys don't." Than I say, "the full-time guys can't get over because Vince keeps bringing in the geezers and putting them over at the expense of the full-time guys."

At the end of the day, you have to put some faith in the people you have. If you don't give them those opportunities, how are they supposed to become stars?

No, no, no!

You have AJ Styles get beat clean by Cena

You have Goldberg murder Kevin Owens

You kill Stromans streak for no reason at all for a guy who has gotten every big win possible for two years

THATS HOW YOU BUILD NEW STARS BAY BAY

No, no, no!

You have AJ Styles get beat clean by Cena

You have Goldberg murder Kevin Owens

You kill Stromans streak for no reason at all for a guy who has gotten every big win possible for two years

THATS HOW YOU BUILD NEW STARS BAY BAY

Basic physics or something like that.

After all of this, Goldberg and Lesnar better deliver at WrestleMania. They need to have a knock down, drag out brawl for the ages. I would still put Orton vs. Wyatt on last just in case.

Poor Kevin Owens. Didnt expect him to lose so quickly. Surely, a slight bit of offense would have helped his image going forward...

Reigns vs Strowman didnt have the kind of ending I wanted but I do understand that if Roman vs Taker is to happen, then giving him some momentum isn't such a bad thing at all. Puts my hopes of a Heel Roman even lower, however.

After all of this, Goldberg and Lesnar better deliver at WrestleMania. They need to have a knock down, drag out brawl for the ages. I would still put Orton vs. Wyatt on last just in case.

I wouldn't be surprised if Goldberg gets squashed by Lesnar at Mania, especially if it does end up getting the Main Event slot.

Honestly, I'd have Shane, Y2J and Taker squashed as well by AJ Styles, KO and Reigns. Braun should thoroughly dominate the entire ARMBR but get eliminated by the eventual winner for his next feud for post-Mania.

Goldberg vs Lesnar wont be the main event simply because Randy Orton won the Royal Rumble and they repeat that the main event for Mania is for the WWE Championship every week.

Oh yes they better. I did not pay $115 dollars for an upper deck seat and another $27 for parking to see a thirty second squash in the main event. I have a feeling I'm not the only one who would be a bit annoyed if that was the case.

Oh yes they better. I did not pay $115 dollars for an upper deck seat and another $27 for parking to see a thirty second squash in the main event. I have a feeling I'm not the only one who would be a bit annoyed if that was the case.

Your worst case scenario there won't happen, not at WrestleMania. When I say deliver, I'm not expecting a 30-minute classic. Fifteen or so minutes of them brutalizing one another will be plenty for me.

Your worst case scenario there won't happen, not at WrestleMania. When I say deliver, I'm not expecting a 30-minute classic. Fifteen or so minutes of them brutalizing one another will be plenty for me.

I would have said the same thing about Survivor Series.

That being said, the long version could rival Wrestlemania XX for horribleness. It's almost like this is a REALLY BAD IDEA no matter how you spin it.

You have to put Orton and Wyatt in the last spot. I'm not exactly confident that's going to be a great match either but it's probably not going to outright suck. The Goldberg/Lesnar match is going to suck shit.

I'm just bummed. Jericho/Owens deserved the title. They've been, by far, the best part off what has basically been a wall-to-wall shitshow ever since the brand split. But no, let's put it on the guy who can't work and have him defend against the gut who doesn't want to.

Yeah, yeah. General smarkiness. So and so doesnt draw. Blah blah.

Well, this was a good reminder on why I don't watch more than 25 minutes of RAW a week I guess. I'll follow the great cruiserweight match on 205 live, after I watch Smackdown / Talking Smack. Think I'll read results for Wrestlemania and just watch what was deemed generally good after.

Don't regret watching what I did watch, but I am certainly glad I didn't watch it live or for it's entirety. I could kind of just skip anywhere into a match and miss no major chemistry or any kind of story. Underwhelming finishes really nailed the coffin for this one.

Well I still have generally no excitement towards Wrestle mania for a 2nd year in a row. That really sucks, because even NXT: Takeover Dallas managed go get me to watch after NXT going down the drain last year. Well, back to NJPW for the rest of the month with some indys and most of Smackdown / Talking Smack. ROH Supercard should be great, and I might just read Wrestlemania and Takeover results and watch whatever was generally deemed good.

I would of been happy with Elimination chamber being the last PPV before mania </3.

I would have said the same thing about Survivor Series.

That being said, the long version could rival Wrestlemania XX for horribleness. It's almost like this is a REALLY BAD IDEA no matter how you spin it.

I'm still stunned about Survivor Series and how quickly that happened. Don't get your hopes up for a long match at Mania, I just don't think Goldberg can go longer than a few minutes without getting gassed.

Hoping for your sake that Orton/Wyatt close the show out. Either one of them winning is fine with me, although I would rather have Wyatt retain. Not lying though when I say that Mania is not shaping up to be the "Greatest Show of the Year" anyway you look at it. They might surprise us, but that's wishful thinking.

Goldberg vs Lesnar wont be the main event simply because Randy Orton won the Royal Rumble and they repeat that the main event for Mania is for the WWE Championship every week.
Ironing?

Because I even doubt Wyatt- Orton would go last on Smackdown PPV where you have AJ/Shane in one and Cena and his girlfriend in another match, let alone at Wrestlemania where you have Taker and Reigns, Lesnar and Goldberg, HHH and Rollins etc.

Just watched it. Booking side, yes, could be better. Said on other theme here that Reigns winning has sense because Strowman doesnt have anywhere to go at Mania if he wins against a guy who is advertised as main draw, but yes, Undertaker interfering would be better from protecting side of both. That Rusev nonsense, just because they needed PPV time to kill. Damn that was a mess. Two face women(well, one of them at least, other just complied) resorting to heel tactics to win against actual heel. And at the end just handing your main Champion like a bitch. Sure, Owens was just transitional thing, but you could threw some offense for at least couple of minutes and then for Jericho music to hit and Goldberg to capitalize. Just really messy booking of whole show there. Was OK and expected it to go in that way, but it was messy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back