Raw Presents: WWE Fastlane!

I would have said the same thing about Survivor Series.

That being said, the long version could rival Wrestlemania XX for horribleness. It's almost like this is a REALLY BAD IDEA no matter how you spin it.

I thought Survivor Series made sense given they were going to have another match. I think last night's match should've had a few minutes of action, and no, Lesnar/Goldberg doesn't need the title, but I guess they want Lesnar as champ. Either way, fans seem to enjoy Goldberg being back, so I don't think it's a bad idea.

As far as the Mania match, you would assume everyone involved knows exactly how bad Mania XX was and will do everything they can to make this 10x better, which won't be difficult.

Sorry to hear what people sat through.

I'm especially bothered by the main event. The highlight of the Owens/Goldberg feud was the promo Owens cut talking about how smart he is and how he would outlast Goldberg. I know he's a heel so he's prone to stupidity and lying but the way I read the main event went down tells me that WWE lied and knows we are stupid to expect anything more than what was given.

I also think it is insane for Jericho to not try to kill Owens given what Owens did to him. It's like when Orton almost killed Cena's dad and Cena came back to pose after Orton got away.

I've reached the point where AJ/Shane is somehow now the Mania match I'm most excited for and that includes my fantasy that they make Angle the special guest referee.

The problem was if Owens put up a good fight against Goldberg that would of made Lesnar look really weak going into Mania. Once they booked the match this was the right outcome.

Did they really need to put the title on Goldberg? Probably not. I think that is the more valid complaint. They could of kept Goldberg/Lesnar as one of those special attraction type matches at Wrestlemania, instead of making it a title match.

I though KO title reign was awful and boring as hell so I don't really care as much.. But to be fair they did take out any steam Owens was gaining during the last couple of weeks by him dropping the title so close to Mania. His WM angle with Jericho almost becomes an after thought now.

General consensus seems to be that this show was kind of shitty. I didn't think it was terrible; it wasn't exceptional but neither was it horrible. I think the fact that I came into it not knowing the current storylines or which wrestlers are being pushed or which ones should be pushed made it easier to just enjoy the show rather than think of all the things they got wrong.
I was impressed with that giant guy Stroman and his match with Reigns was enjoyable. I got a kick out of that funny little guy with the rainbow trunks and liked his match with the cruiserweight champ(don't remember his name, either). It was interesting to me hearing WWF now has a cruiserweight division. I enjoyed WCW's cruiserweights and if the WWF version is anywhere close, that's something that I look forward to seeing more of.
The wrestler that really impressed me was Charlotte Flair. I've never been a particular fan of womens wrestling; I've seen a few good matches over the years but for the most part they bore me. Watching that match with Bayley made me realize that the women have really stepped up their game in recent years. Flair is big and strong without being mannish, agile, and seems really smooth both working and with her character. She was impressive in how she controlled the action and worked her opponent and fans. Bayley did a good job as well as the plucky underdog.
The main event cane across as a dud to me but I'm guessing it was to advance a storyline or to take it easy on Goldberg's body. It also surprised me that the fans really do seem to hate Reigns-I had just figured it was internet fans bitching but the people in attendance shit all over him. I don't know how justifiable that is, he had a pretty good match on this card. Personally, I would probably have a hard time rooting for him simply because his ring gear is ridiculous but that's just me being petty.

General consensus seems to be that this show was kind of shitty. I didn't think it was terrible; it wasn't exceptional but neither was it horrible. I think the fact that I came into it not knowing the current storylines or which wrestlers are being pushed or which ones should be pushed made it easier to just enjoy the show rather than think of all the things they got wrong.
I was impressed with that giant guy Stroman and his match with Reigns was enjoyable. I got a kick out of that funny little guy with the rainbow trunks and liked his match with the cruiserweight champ(don't remember his name, either). It was interesting to me hearing WWF now has a cruiserweight division. I enjoyed WCW's cruiserweights and if the WWF version is anywhere close, that's something that I look forward to seeing more of.
The wrestler that really impressed me was Charlotte Flair. I've never been a particular fan of womens wrestling; I've seen a few good matches over the years but for the most part they bore me. Watching that match with Bayley made me realize that the women have really stepped up their game in recent years. Flair is big and strong without being mannish, agile, and seems really smooth both working and with her character. She was impressive in how she controlled the action and worked her opponent and fans. Bayley did a good job as well as the plucky underdog.
The main event cane across as a dud to me but I'm guessing it was to advance a storyline or to take it easy on Goldberg's body. It also surprised me that the fans really do seem to hate Reigns-I had just figured it was internet fans bitching but the people in attendance shit all over him. I don't know how justifiable that is, he had a pretty good match on this card. Personally, I would probably have a hard time rooting for him simply because his ring gear is ridiculous but that's just me being petty.
Challenger was Jack Gallagher and Champion was Neville.

Challenger was Jack Gallagher and Champion was Neville.

Thankee, sir.
I wasn't as impressed with that other goofy little guy. Endo? He seems comfortable with the mic, though. I wonder if they've given any thought to making him his partners manager.

Thankee, sir.
I wasn't as impressed with that other goofy little guy. Endo? He seems comfortable with the mic, though. I wonder if they've given any thought to making him his partners manager.
No problem.

He's Enzo. I have always preferred his buddy Cass over him.

So, from WrestleMania 28-33, all 6 events will involve part timers in the main event. 4 of them had a part-timer going in as champion (30 had Batista challenging and 28 did not have the title in the main event).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back