Raw LD 4/8/13: "The Champ is Here"...But Who Else?

So the WWE has a guy who was built up as a monster, yet loses all his big matches & now wants us to believe he is a credible threat to John Cena? The guy who just beat The Rock at WM for the belt? Ok then.

This night has been crazy. Just crazy.

I hope they have some big things in store for next week or the show is going to fall hard on its face after the awesome show they had tonight.

So... was that a heel turn? I don't even know.

I hope that's not what they were going for... trying to turn someone heel on Cena will never work, haha. Crowds will love anyone who beats his ass.

I don't thnk it's a heel turn as it is just giving Ryback more depth and letting him become a more complex character. It's really good for all parties involved.

He could do a SCSA character if played right...

Does this qualify as a heel turn? I mean, is Ryback just going in and murdering a guy really all that out of character for him?

So the WWE has a guy who was built up as a monster, yet loses all his big matches & now wants us to believe he is a credible threat to John Cena?

I don't think any of his losses were really detrimental to his image accept for Chamber and the Raw after. Mania was a close loss. If anything it makes it plausible that Cena could beat him cleanly at all.

Someone stated earlier that this crowd doesn't compare to Miami because they didn't make a star like they did Daniel Bryan. But tonight, they might have made Fandango a star. We'll have to see how it turns out. So this crowd end up being as great as last year's post-Raw edition in Miami.

ebd2c75bcc3a370912922cc3504a0482.jpg

Next week: Back to the same old same old. Oh, and Ryback is going to lose on PPV again at Extreme Rules.

Posted from Wrestlezone.com App for Android

Someone stated earlier that this crowd doesn't compare to Miami because they didn't make a star like they did Daniel Bryan. But tonight, they might have made Fandango a star. We'll have to see how it turns out. So this crowd end up being as great as last year's post-Raw edition in Miami.

What about Ziggler??? That was huge.

I don't thnk it's a heel turn as it is just giving Ryback more depth and letting him become a more complex character. It's really good for all parties involved.

He could do a SCSA character if played right...

There's no way in hell Ryback can ever pull off a SCSA character.

If you're trying to say that he could be a guy who just kills everyone regardless of face/heel, then ok. That's more like an Orton of a few years ago, though. Ryback is nowhere near good enough on the stick to be SCSA though.

I really don't see how that is in any way a heel turn especially when it's Cena who was attacked. That was just Ryback stating his case on being the next in line for the championship.

There's no way in hell Ryback can ever pull off a SCSA character.

If you're trying to say that he could be a guy who just kills everyone regardless of face/heel, then ok. That's more like an Orton of a few years ago, though. Ryback is nowhere near good enough on the stick to be SCSA though.

No i'm not putting him anywhere near that level but I don't think it's ridiculous to give him a roughneck anti-hero persona. It's been done a lot but if he's over enough he can do heel things as a face like cena did.

Why is everybody saying it is a heel turn? It looked more like a Kane type of folder role to me. Monster that is killing everybody just because he can and then loses on PPVs to the bigger stars.

What about Ziggler??? That was huge.

I have a feeling that the crowd will be more likely to go along with Fandango's theme music than to continue cheering for Dolph Ziggler. Dolph is over with the smarks mainly, so I get the feeling that the general crowds won't cheer him as heavily as the New Jersey crowd cheered him tonight, unless WWE goes the direction of turning Ziggler babyface (which I doubt).

I have the sense that the crowd singing Fandango's theme could be similar to when the crowd got involved with Kurt Angle's theme music back in the day. All fans love the opportunity to get involved, and Fandango's theme music could be that chance, much like Kurt Angle's theme allowed the crowd to get involved by chanting "You Suck." I could be wrong of course. Like I said, we'll have to see how it plays out. But as far as the show went, you're right in that Dolph looked like a major superstar tonight when he won the title.

John Cena led the crowd to more Fandango chants post-show. Not bad!

This crowd might indeed end up being a big factor in Fandango's coming success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back