WWE RAW LD 9/4/2012 - Well, Here Comes the Pain...

I don't see how that isn't cowardly. If he is a natural heel then why are they trying to build him as one by cheap heat and Laurinatis? I am not saying he isn't just that any argument that is based on most people wanting to boo Lesnar right now is a crock (see: jjyanks). You have a mixed reaction for the two and they are going to try and fit the story into an everyone cheer Cena, everyone boo Brock mold. Seems like a waste this soon to me. The only reason you try and force it that fast is you are scared the will of the people will mess up your plans.

I just clicked through RAW. Wasn't impressed. The opening was a good idea but it seemed to be put together shoddily. Still worked though.

Here are the rest of my notes:

-Did Vickie have a dead crow on her head? Didn't stop to look but it seemed like it.
-Three stooges were terrible, even the Hogan thing didn't really work for me.
-Not a fan of the new Kane mask.
-Jericho is carrying Punk.
-I started in the middle of Tensai's entrance and thought when did WWE get a woman for a Raisha Saeed type gimmick, hmm she is pretty big is that Kong or something, oh my that is Albert. It didn't get much better from there.

Still struggling with reading comprehension, huh?

I was the one who said that Lesnar would get cheered upon return but that he isn't Rock who can ride nostalgia for cheers. He's a guy who gave little to the business, took a shit on it at WM20 and left while talking crap about the industry. I merely said that having his character acknowledge that he doesn't give a shit about the business and that he is self centered just makes sense. It would make little sense for him to be "excited to be back" like Rock was.

This is a guy who naturally doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself. Basically, his real personality is what Bobby Roode has been trying to emulate in his character. By playing it out on screen, you are giving John Cena a foil that is very different than all others in that he'll go toe to toe with Cena but still cheap shot him because he's a prick and because he can. He's going to do what he wants without repercussion because of the "importance" of his signing to Johnny L. It's actually a perfect scenario for Brock really.

I know there will still be some that cheer him, but many wrestling fans know he's a prick and like booing him.

:shrug:

Wrestling fans cheer guys that are actually pricks all the time. If you think Cena isn't there for a paycheck too you are kidding yourself. If you are confident the crowd was going to turn on Brock anyway, why did they force it?

The Smarks were going to turn on Lesnar. He's not like the Rock. Lesnar straight up left, and shit on the business while he was gone. Come the time Extreme Rules gets here in Chicago, any face pop would be gone. I'd be willing to bet Cena gets a decent reaction from that crowd and Lesnar gets booed and heckled out of the building.

I think we end up with the loudest booing we've ever heard, on both ends.

:shrug:

Wrestling fans cheer guys that are actually pricks all the time. If you think Cena isn't there for a paycheck too you are kidding yourself. If you are confident the crowd was going to turn on Brock anyway, why did they force it?

You really are stupid aren't you? Like, a special kind of dumb where you just live in your own world and just hear what you want to hear. Seriously dude, it's embarassing.

I'm not talking about the crowd! Crowds do whatever the fuck they want these days. Hell, everyone overreacted to the crowd in Miami going YES! but this week's two crowds didn't do it much. Crowds are all different. What I've been saying and I think I've said it 3 times now and you still don't get it, is that Brock acting like a dick is natural. It would have been forced if they tried to keep him as some good guy because he's not one. His on screen persona is an extension of who he is, which is a prick. Therefore, making him one on this show was perfect. It's not forced, it's natural. Again, nothing to do with how crowds will react. Brock is a dick and they portrayed him as one and guess what? The crowds booed him already. It works and if you didn't see that I don't know what show you were watching.

Also, I'm pretty sure Cena gives a fuck about the wrestling business unlike Brock so your little Cena hatred just makes you sound even more stupid. I'd lay off that part. NO ONE with a brain will support you when you say shit like "Cena is only there for the money" as opposed to, you know, actually liking wrestling. Especially when you are comparing Cena's being there to Brock freakin Lesnar...........

But they didn't let him be himself. They had Ace introduce him. They had him sneak attack someone. Those aren't the things that make him supposedly an actual prick. When he walked out to the ring cocky and laid out Cena he got a huge pop. Even on this RAW after everything that happened when he said Cena couldn't hold his jock the crowd was still cheering his dickishness. I think you are hearing what you want to hear. You want to believe that everybody hates him for the Goldberg match, which is far from true. The truth is almost no one gives a fuck. Why not let him be himself and let the crowd decide if everything is such a lock to go the way you claim? Please spare me another "it isn't about the crowd" post that includes multiple references to how important is it that he got booed by the crowd.

I never said Cena was there only for the money but I bet you he wouldn't show up for nothing. I also bet you he is the highest paid person in the company. Therefore, just like every other wrestler ever, he is there for the paycheck. He likely enjoys his job but what does that have to do with anything? Brock didn't enjoy his job so he quit doing it. You want me to call him a prick because he made an honest assessment? Why would Brock be back if he didn't want to be there? If he cared more about money than doing what he liked, he never would have left in the first place.

But they didn't let him be himself. They had Ace introduce him. They had him sneak attack someone. Those aren't the things that make him supposedly an actual prick. When he walked out to the ring cocky and laid out Cena he got a huge pop. Even on this RAW after everything that happened when he said Cena couldn't hold his jock the crowd was still cheering his dickishness. I think you are hearing what you want to hear. You want to believe that everybody hates him for the Goldberg match, which is far from true. The truth is almost no one gives a fuck. Why not let him be himself and let the crowd decide if everything is such a lock to go the way you claim? Please spare me another "it isn't about the crowd" post that includes multiple references to how important is it that he got booed by the crowd.

I never said Cena was there only for the money but I bet you he wouldn't show up for nothing. I also bet you he is the highest paid person in the company. Therefore, just like every other wrestler ever, he is there for the paycheck. He likely enjoys his job but what does that have to do with anything? Brock didn't enjoy his job so he quit doing it. You want me to call him a prick because he made an honest assessment? Why would Brock be back if he didn't want to be there? If he cared more about money than doing what he liked, he never would have left in the first place.

Wow, there's so much wrong here. Just change your username to shovelboy because you are quite adept at digging yourself in deeper with every post you make. Why would Brock be back if he didn't want to be there? Um, because he's got noplace else to go. He failed at football, he's dumb as bricks, and his MMA career is over due to sickness and suspension. What else is he supposed to do? He went to the place that would give him a large paycheck because they made him a name back in the day. He was offered a ton of money to do very little. He took it. Who wouldn't?

I'm not blaming him for taking the money and running but don't give me some bullshit that he truly wants to be there. He knows that at this point this is the best place for him to be to make money. Read his book. All he talks about is making the most money possible. It's not like he hides that fact. So he's there essentially to use the business again. Of course, the business is also using him to make money so they are using one another but lets not pretend this is not happening.

Now, as for Cena, this is where you truly sound like a fool. John Cena has been shown a million times to be the hardest working guy in the business. He goes above and beyond to do EVERYTHING for wrestling. He's said on record that any movie, appearance, etc that he's done, he does to get attention for wrestling. Obviously he makes a living doing it so to say "he wouldn't do it for free" is fucking stupid. He doesn't have to do it for free because he is a commodity! That said, he clearly loves the business more than Brock and if you continue to try and put them on the same plane of "both being there for they money", you will only look even dumber than you already look. There is a very clear difference between the two men.

Now for the first paragraph. Again, you are switching around words to make your terrible points. What I've been saying, which you still can't grasp, is that Brock is a jerk. There's no two ways around it. As a human being, he's a jerk. MMA fans know it, wrestling fans know it, the American public knows it. Now he returns to wrestling. It's a big return so he gets a pop as any big name who hasn't been around in 8 years would. However, rather than keep the character as an "ambiguous ass kicker", the WWE decided to make his character a jerk which fits his real personality. They had Laurinitis introduce him because it shows that he came because it's good business for him. WWE is showing that he didn't come back for the fans, which he didn't. Then the cheap shot shows that he feels he's above the rules because of how he was brought back. Again, this is character development, not "forcing a story". If you want a good example of "forcing a character", see Bobby Roode. Instead of organically transitioning behavior, Roode went from shaking his friends hand earlier in one show to putting his foot on said friend after beating him in a match. Instead of gradually become a jerk heel, it happened in like 5 seconds where it didn't make a lot of sense. In this case, Brock hadn't been around. All you saw was Brock come back and f-5 the company's top guy. You don't know anything about "new Brock". What we found out through his actions and promo is that he's cocky, knows he signed for big money and is important, and is there for himself above all else. He's a bad person and rather than letting him be ambiguous for no reason, his new character was established right off the bat. I fail to see why this is a bad thing, except maybe to those who will never give Cena credit for anything. Obviously those peopel were looking for another person to root for over Cena and it's upsetting that Brock was made out to be something very close to his true personality. He was also made out to be the bad guy in this feud which, in all honesty, he should be.

I'm not blaming him for taking the money and running but don't give me some bullshit that he truly wants to be there. He knows that at this point this is the best place for him to be to make money. Read his book. All he talks about is making the most money possible. It's not like he hides that fact. So he's there essentially to use the business again. Of course, the business is also using him to make money so they are using one another but lets not pretend this is not happening.

If all he cares about is making the most money possible every second of his life, are you going to explain to me why he left wrestling and never came back until now? You did finally stumble upon an relevant point, that being that WWE has been trying to do business with him for some time now. The way you define things in ways that make little sense can be amusing. Such a negative spin that they are both using each other. If they are both getting stuff out of it no one is necessarily getting used, that is mostly in your head. It is how most jobs work.

If the subject is bullshit, let's talk about the large amount of area in between loves wrestling and hates wrestling. The idea that Brock doesn't like prowrestling at all is bullshit and anyone with common sense knows that.

Now, as for Cena, this is where you truly sound like a fool. John Cena has been shown a million times to be the hardest working guy in the business. He goes above and beyond to do EVERYTHING for wrestling. He's said on record that any movie, appearance, etc that he's done, he does to get attention for wrestling. Obviously he makes a living doing it so to say "he wouldn't do it for free" is fucking stupid. He doesn't have to do it for free because he is a commodity! That said, he clearly loves the business more than Brock and if you continue to try and put them on the same plane of "both being there for they money", you will only look even dumber than you already look. There is a very clear difference between the two men.

It seems you finally went to a more reasonable statement, Cena loves the business more than Brock. Likely true but why does this matter so much? Why is it so important that Cena likes spending all that time on the road while Brock didn't as much? It amuses me how much stock you put in the kayfabe image WWE has created for Cena. So when Cena gets paid it is because he is a commodity :lmao:, such a thing practically forces him to begrudgingly be the highest paid wrestler. However, when Brock tells the truth, instead of hiding behind a fairy tale, that he likes to get paid it makes him a money grubbing prick? I suppose that actually makes sense to you :disappointed:.

Now for the first paragraph. Again, you are switching around words to make your terrible points. What I've been saying, which you still can't grasp, is that Brock is a jerk. There's no two ways around it. As a human being, he's a jerk. MMA fans know it, wrestling fans know it, the American public knows it.

Prove that these insider beliefs are widely held among the American public.

Now he returns to wrestling. It's a big return so he gets a pop as any big name who hasn't been around in 8 years would. However, rather than keep the character as an "ambiguous ass kicker", the WWE decided to make his character a jerk which fits his real personality. They had Laurinitis introduce him because it shows that he came because it's good business for him. WWE is showing that he didn't come back for the fans, which he didn't. Then the cheap shot shows that he feels he's above the rules because of how he was brought back. Again, this is character development, not "forcing a story". If you want a good example of "forcing a character", see Bobby Roode. Instead of organically transitioning behavior, Roode went from shaking his friends hand earlier in one show to putting his foot on said friend after beating him in a match. Instead of gradually become a jerk heel, it happened in like 5 seconds where it didn't make a lot of sense. In this case, Brock hadn't been around. All you saw was Brock come back and f-5 the company's top guy. You don't know anything about "new Brock". What we found out through his actions and promo is that he's cocky, knows he signed for big money and is important, and is there for himself above all else.

Why do you keep harping on "coming back for the fans" like there were only two possible stories/characters for him to play out when he returned? You seem obsessed with your analysis of Brock being a prick in real life. There are plenty of pricks that are faces right now in WWE. One of them just had a great program with Cena over the summer as an ambiguous face.

He's a bad person and rather than letting him be ambiguous for no reason, his new character was established right off the bat. I fail to see why this is a bad thing, except maybe to those who will never give Cena credit for anything. Obviously those peopel were looking for another person to root for over Cena and it's upsetting that Brock was made out to be something very close to his true personality. He was also made out to be the bad guy in this feud which, in all honesty, he should be.

For no reason? How about the reason that there are plenty of people that want to cheer him in spite of what you might think. How about the fact that the people that don't like Cena are a significant portion of the audience, especially since they just ran a major program specifically designed to get those people highly interested in the product. If you look at the feuds Cena has had recently that garnered a lot of interest they were the ambiguous face matchups (Punk and Rock). Why would you tell a face-heel story that appeals to less of the possible audience when they are primed for something that involves everyone again? To me it seems obvious that choice has nothing to do with Brock's "true personality" and likely quite a bit to do with how WWE prefers to use the Cena character. I just think it is dumb for Brock to be kicking people in the balls from behind randomly. I don't see how that makes sense for or helps establish a good choice of a character for him at all.

If all he cares about is making the most money possible every second of his life, are you going to explain to me why he left wrestling and never came back until now? You did finally stumble upon an relevant point, that being that WWE has been trying to do business with him for some time now. The way you define things in ways that make little sense can be amusing. Such a negative spin that they are both using each other. If they are both getting stuff out of it no one is necessarily getting used, that is mostly in your head. It is how most jobs work.[\QUOTE]

He left wrestling because he didn't like it and felt he was enough of a commodity to make it elsewhere. While he was wrong about making it in the NFL, he did make it in MMA where he could work less and make good money. When he could no longer do MMA due to suspension and sickness, guess where he went? Back to the place that would pay him the most that he COULD do. The difference though is that this time he is a former star with leverage. WWE needs Lesnar because now not only does the WWE audience know him, but MMA audiences do as well. That also exposes you to the ESPN audience when highlights MMA but not WWE. Brock's name value is greater now so he gets what he wants: big money to work a limited schedule. It may sound negative but Brock is indeed "using" the WWE to make a big paycheck while WWE is "using" Brock to sell their shows for a year. It may sound negative but that's the world we live in. People use one another for gain and that's what is happening here.

If the subject is bullshit, let's talk about the large amount of area in between loves wrestling and hates wrestling. The idea that Brock doesn't like prowrestling at all is bullshit and anyone with common sense knows that.

"I hadn't watched 5 minutes of pro wrestling in my life" - Brock Lesnar from his book Death Clutch. The quote comes from page 34. On that page, it also says that he signed with WWE over trying out for the Tampa Bay Bucs because WWE offered guaranteed money. I never used the word hate in reference to Brock and the business, you did. I did suggest though that Brock doesn't love the business like basically every other guy that made it. The business is grueling as we all know with a lot of travel, a lot of pain, and a lot of sacrifice. Brock didn't grow up a wrestling fan and got into the business to make money, not to live out a lifelong dream. That's why I was showing the difference between Brock and Rock. Rock grew up in the business and loves it. Brock knows it was good to him to help give him a name but he's not like most of these guys who would do anything to be a part of it. He became part of it because of the money. He says so. If he's not the best source about himself, I don't know who is. So again, just to simpify what I said. I NEVER said Brock hates the business, but he doesn't love it whereas others do and that's what brings them back. Money brings Brock back and that is his ONLY motivation. The same book he says that when he met Vince he "only saw a man who could sign my paychecks". I'm not trying to paint him as money hungry, but he's a businessman, not a fan of this business. I hope that makes sense.

It seems you finally went to a more reasonable statement, Cena loves the business more than Brock. Likely true but why does this matter so much? Why is it so important that Cena likes spending all that time on the road while Brock didn't as much?

It's important to the WWE and that's why he's the top guy. WWE wanted Brock to be that guy but he essentially dropped the ball on them after they gave him everything. Someone like Cena isn't looking to get out of the business and that's because he loves every aspect of it. Loyalty to a company means something to that company and combining his work ethic, loyalty, talent, marketability, and willingness to do everything for the company makes Cena the company's top guy. Not sure how this had anything to do with anything but it's certainly a fact.

It amuses me how much stock you put in the kayfabe image WWE has created for Cena. So when Cena gets paid it is because he is a commodity :lmao:, such a thing practically forces him to begrudgingly be the highest paid wrestler. However, when Brock tells the truth, instead of hiding behind a fairy tale, that he likes to get paid it makes him a money grubbing prick? I suppose that actually makes sense to you :disappointed:.

That's just it though. You are painting a picture out of shit I didn't say. All I've said is that John Cena is in the position he's in because he busts his ass. Doing so for a company you love will get you paid but John Cena isn't going above and beyond the call of duty solely for the paycheck. Listen to his non WWE interviews. Listen to him talk. John Cena loves what he does which is why he does it. Brock is back doing it because it makes him money. That's not the part that makes him a prick though. You said that. We'll get to why Brock is a prick but money isn't it. It's just that there is proof that Brock was involved in wrestling in the first place because of money and he's back because of money. See, Rock came back and while I'm sure he got paid well for it, he didn't need the money. Rock is getting movie roles all the time. Brock has very little right now. He can't fight in MMA, he failed at football, he has very little as far as other marketable skills, and he's not going to get a desk job. He's a former wrestler and they can mutually benefit from one another so he's back. Rock came back because he likes to be in front of a crowd. For Brock this is purely business. I'm not basing any of this on "kayfabe" either. It's really true that Cena works his ass off because he loves the wrestling business, it's really true that Rock loves it and came back despite making WAY more as an actor, and it's really true that Brock came back because it could earn him a good living for a year. I don't know why this is such an issue and why you think I'm attacking Brock for it. I'm not, it's just fact.

Prove that these insider beliefs are widely held among the American public.

I should really ignore this line out of sheer stupidity. You call it "insider beliefs" yet the opposite is true. "Insiders", as in the minority of people in this country that call themselves wrestling fans, knock Brock Lesnar and know he was talented as a wrestler. Many of those were excited for him to return. However, since I'm much better at this than you, I may even humor you here. I don't have to, as "prove it" with stuff like this is a cop out for anyone who can't argue, but since you are apparently that stupid, here's at least something to wet your pallet with. And by the way, did you follow Brock's MMA career? I shouldn't have to "prove" anything as if you watched him at all, you'd see that he acted like a first class asshole throughout his stint in UFC. As evidence, I googled "Brock Lesnar Jerk" and it returned 200,000 hits in .17 seconds. Keep in mind this means anything written that would have those words. Now keep in mind that message boards where people discuss MMA like WWE would only count as ONE hit in a search like that but ultimately contain tons of posts referring to Brock in a negative connotation (to say the least). In just 10 minutes of research I came across over 100 threads dedicated to the disdain of Brock on only 3 MMA sites with message boards. Add that all to the fact that the sports media covered Brock and told the world that he's an asshole and you have.........an asshole. I didn't have to prove it, but I did. If the general public were asked about Brock Lesnar, they'd most likely identify him as a jerk.

Why do you keep harping on "coming back for the fans" like there were only two possible stories/characters for him to play out when he returned? You seem obsessed with your analysis of Brock being a prick in real life. There are plenty of pricks that are faces right now in WWE. One of them just had a great program with Cena over the summer as an ambiguous face.

The same prick that took a stand against domestic abuse? The same prick who speaks out against drug abuse? The same prick who does those things without being told to? Yeah, he's brash but he's not exactly without a conscience. The guy has quite good intentions and people know that. That said, it's not important as you brought it up as a failed example. The important part is another thing you didn't quite get. I'm not suggesting that there's only two ways to bring back a guy. I suggested, and I stand by this, that it works just fine to have Brock come back and be a bad guy because many people see him that way. Bringing Brock in was done as much to try and draw the MMA crowd as it was to draw in the wrestling crowd. The wrestling crowd is already there and likely more "old school" wrestling fans came back to see Rock than they ever would for Lesnar. Thus, Brock's demographic is MMA fans and they know him as a prick, the guy who gave the fans the finger after a fight and made the fans scream obscenities at him due to his words and actions. I know you are saying he could be a "badass face" and be ambiguous, and I'm not saying he couldn't have been that. I'm just saying that making him a prick and the bad guy seems right up his alley and I think it works.

For no reason? How about the reason that there are plenty of people that want to cheer him in spite of what you might think. How about the fact that the people that don't like Cena are a significant portion of the audience, especially since they just ran a major program specifically designed to get those people highly interested in the product.

Ok the second sentence doesn't make sense but I've mentioned before that some wrestling fans will cheer Brock upon return. I never said they wouldn't. I also know that a significant portion of fans boo Cena on a weekly basis. Been that way for 7 years so that's no surprise.

If you look at the feuds Cena has had recently that garnered a lot of interest they were the ambiguous face matchups (Punk and Rock). Why would you tell a face-heel story that appeals to less of the possible audience when they are primed for something that involves everyone again?

Not sure how the story appeals to less of the audience solely because of how Brock is being portrayed. The marquee stills reads Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena right? And they still want to kick each others asses? If both are true (spoiler: they are), the match will sell. You aren't appealing to less people in any way. All you are doing is creating a more interesting character for Brock.........ie something close to how he is perceived. Again, he's done some bad things outside of WWE so for him to cut a promo and say jerky things isn't such a stretch. Could they have had him say nothing before the matchup and let the fans decide? Sure. All I've said from the beginning is that they COULD have gone that way, but I like the way they went even better.

To me it seems obvious that choice has nothing to do with Brock's "true personality" and likely quite a bit to do with how WWE prefers to use the Cena character.

The Cena character doesn't change regardless of who he's facing. Face or heel, he's just John Cena. In fact, John Cena the character is pretty damn close to John Cena the man. Making Brock heel has nothing to do with how WWE uses Cena as Brock the face and Brock the heel would see the same exact John Cena. This is more about how Brock is best used and tapping into Brock coming back for money and thinking he's g-ds gift makes him a more intriguing character in the long run.

I just think it is dumb for Brock to be kicking people in the balls from behind randomly. I don't see how that makes sense for or helps establish a good choice of a character for him at all.

It took you like 30 lines but what you said here isn't totally stupid. On the surface, I see why people are like "he's Brock Lesnar, he doesn't need cheap heel tactics". I get that. However, realize that his character believes that he's more important than anyone else and that him being there is so important that he basically can do no wrong. Therefore, he can do what he damn well pleases. So running around and blindsiding people is ok in his mind because Johnny won't punish him for it. He doesn't like Cena (obviously based on the earlier brawl and to the "insider" crowd there might be legit heat) so why not get every shot you can in on him? Yeah, that part I"m not 100 percent on but I get it. I like that the feud has gone the way it has and we can agree to disagree on that which I can respect. As long as you aren't trying to argue that all fans should like Brock or something, I think we're ok. That said, after that huge pop. Brock's already gotten some boos in his promo and in shaking Laurinitis' hand. I think that's a good sign and I stand by the fact that I believe Lesnar to be a perfect and natural bad guy because he isn't such a great guy. All I've said from the beginning is that I think it fits and I like it. I'm entitled to that opinion and I'm sticking to it. You can have your opinion that you don't think Brock needed to be a heel for this feud. I can respect that too. It's all a matter of opinion. Either way, Brock vs. Cena will sell. It's just what we prefer as individuals for the story, that's all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back