Push one, Release one

PompeyDJ

TNA World Butterfly Champion
A fairly simple concept. Below is a list of superstars who spend most of their time hovering around the lower mid card, being squashed and being on superstars. Often people debate over people who should be pushed and who should be released.
So in this all you do is pick one superstar who you'd push and why. Then you pick one you'd release and why.
And despite the title, you can choose more superstars. If there's two you want to push but can't decide which one, choose both and just release a second one from the list.
Here are the superstars.

Chris Masters
Curt Hawkins
David Hart Smith
Jimmy and Jey Uso*
JTG
Primo
Trent Barreta
Tyler Reks
Tyson Kid
Yoshi Tatsu
Zack Ryder

I've left out people like Goldust and William Regal who are practically veterans.
I've also left out Evan Bourne as he's featured on Raw far more regularly than the above superstars and he's recently returned from an injury.
Members of the New Nexus have been left out.
Skip Sheffield and Michael Tarver have been left out as they have not officially returned.
Percy Watson has been left out as he mainly works dark matches.
NXT rookies have also been left out as they have a show dedicated to them and most go back to FCW

So make your choice on who you'd choose to release or push. If you feel that i've missed anyone or left someone out who shouldn't have been left out then feel free to state who and why.

*As they are an actual tag team and brothers, Jimmy and Jey Uso count as one pick and not two

I would push Zack Ryder very hard. Possibly bring him to Smackdown! and into the Intercontinental Title scene. I really think he could be an amazing midcard champ. He is very entertaining and fun to watch and can wrestle fairly well.

I would instantly release JTG as that man has nothing going for him. He is generally boring and without Shad, there is really no reason to keep him around. I don't think he is that great to begin with.

Off of your list i would push Zack Ryder because i think he has the charisma and in ring skills to be pretty good, all he needs is a new gimmick and a little push in the right direction.

I would release JTG because has he ever done anything interesting? He can't talk and i have never really looked at him as a person i want to see wrestle.

I would push Tyler Reks, He has the look and can be a good strong man. I would also push Yoshi tatsu, he has an interesting style and has a lot of in-ring charisma, something missing from many wwe stars. I would release Curt Hawkins, he just seems very run of the mill. Back in the day many of these guys would be tagged up, if there was a legit tag-team division. Masters and Reks could be interesting

With WWE pushing people like Sin Cara, I'd say keep Yoshi Tatsu. He's got a thing going on with Maryse so he's safe till at least the end of NXT, not to mention he'd make a VERY good opponent for Sin Cara. If you've never watched Yoshi's pre-WWE matches, they're definitely worth having a look.

Another keeper: DH Smith. I feel really bad that he's been off TV lately. He's got a good look, a good pedigree (no Bulldog jokes intended) and is one of the few truly technical guys on the roster. Put him with someone who can talk and watch his potential go through the roof.

To the unemployment line: Tyler Reks. He's got the look and one hell of a finisher, but I've been hard pressed to find spots where he's gotten any real crowd reaction. That's career suicide in the big leagues my friends.

Also on the way out: The Usos. After their feud with Kidd/DH Smith, their reaction level went down the shitter. Keeping in mind that the Tag Team division's pretty much dead, I can't see either of these two guys lasting long, and that really sucks considering their pedigree and talent potential.

I'm torn between pushing Chris Masters and Primo. We all know Chris Masters has power and the ability to pull of great matches with top superstars. Mic skills might be a slight issue, but, push him, work with him and make him a top star like I always thought he would be after his incredible first half of 2006. Primo has shown his in ring skills, especially against Sin Cara this past week on RAW. He has the WWE Tag Team Championship and Unified WWE Tag Team Championship in his cabinet, use that. He has proven his Tag Team abilities and now put him in a singles feud, maybe with Sin Cara, to push both of them.

JTG unfortunatley has to go. I thought when Cryme Tyme split something would boost both JTG and Shad, well, Shad got released and JTG has done... nothing. He has to go unless they bring in a new gimmick and name. Sorry JTG.

Tyler Reks and Trent Barreta have a good future if they are used right, but, they aren't on my to-do list.

I would push Curt Hawkins as the second coming of Edge. Start moving him up slowly as a face in a rock star gimmick, saying that Edge tought him everything he knows, and he is sick of waiting for his opportunity so he is gonna make his own opportunity. Eventually have him do a run in and help Christian against ADR. Maybe just to neutralize Brodus.

I'd also start pushing Masters up the card. Give him a few short feuds and then move him up to take the IC title off Barrett. He can hold it for a while before moving up to the main event. WWE needs another legit Big guy in the main event.

Release Tatsu and Primo. Also either resign Croft or release Barretta. They can't survive without the other.

Zack Ryder Push

Give the Long Island Iced Z a push because everyone loves this guy. Do something where he can come out an be an automatic face. I think this guy generally can put on good matches and can actually be very good on the Mic. He also is actually one of those superstars who are actually doing stuff to get noticed so please WWE push him.

Release Tyler Reks

But he has the look. Yes he also is quite old if some people didn't know. This guy has already tried and failed onced in the WWE before. They brought him back and wait he still isn't doing anything. Get rid of him as he will never be truly over.

to anyone saying anything other than push zack ryder: i hate you.

i respect your opinions, but i hate you.

definately have to push zack ryder. he is far and above the guy who stands out most on that list. he's young, charismatic, has the look, and has good in-ring ability. he's also extremely funny, if you ever watch his youtube show.

release.. JTG definitely. seriously, why is he still around? actually, does it have to be on that list? because i'd rather have JTG around then the great khali; what a waste. he takes up tv time and dances around like an idiot. he has no skills. ugh, come on wwe.

oh and then release the usos. wwe doesn't have a tag team division.. no need for them.

Push - Tyler Reks. The dude has money written all over him. Unique look, good size, solid enough in ring ability. He needs help getting elevated though. Maybe add him to a faction, like The Corre or some new group to get him some exposure. With the right booking, he could easily fill a AA style enforcer role in a group. Also, in reference to the poster above, I had no idea that 32 is considered "quite old".

Release - JTG. Why they kept this guy instead of Shad baffles me to no end. The guy can't wrestle, can't cut a comprehensible promo, and has no upside at all that I can tell. Every other jobber on the list has *something* tangible that they can offer. JTG just plain doesn't.

release.. JTG definitely. seriously, why is he still around? actually, does it have to be on that list? because i'd rather have JTG around then the great khali; what a waste. he takes up tv time and dances around like an idiot. he has no skills. ugh, come on wwe.

I'm not at all defending JTG, but I think as far as "playing a completely tired black stereotype character" goes, he does a pretty good job. I'd rather watch him than R-Truth, to be quite frank. Makes me think he could do something with a better gimmick. I don't know.

On topic, PUSH ZACK RYDER. The man is one of the few people who is trying to put their push into their own hands instead of just waiting for it to come along. On Tough Enough last week Stone Cold released a 9 year veteran because he was just "sitting there waiting for his push to come". Ryder embodies the antithesis of that. He's also funny as hell and is great on the mic and good on the ring. Come on. WWWYKI.

Release: The Usos I guess. I wouldn't mind them if the tag division was legitimate, but we all know it's not.

Push:
Zack Ryder - He's the total package. Mic skills, charisma, ring skills, and he's someone who wants it. He has a following despite rarely being featured on the show. And whenever he's mentioned or makes a brief appearance he get's some kind of reaction.

Release:

Uso's - The tag team division on WWE is pathetic, depressingly sad, a disgrace. These guys are one of the (two?) real tag teams left, and while they are a good talent, what is there for them to do? I'd release them out of pity, and tell them to go to ROH and become stars.

Push: Zack Ryder, Yoshi, Masters
=
Release: R-truth(terrible on the mic, terrible in the ring, botches more than Kofi, not marketable and doesn't have the look.) JTG, Osos and Mark Henry.

whilst i agree with your opinion on R-Truth, i don't think he should be released. This is mainly meant to be about lower mid carders who are rarely featured. R-Truth is on Raw nearly every week. His main position is an upper mid carder used to make heels look good and to fill up a spot in a 6 man match (elimination chamber) Hell, he's main eventing Extreme Rules with John Cena and The Miz. Also, he is fairly marketable. The kids seem to like him and that's the main target audience of the WWE now. But give it a few months and then i can see R-Truth being eligible for this list

I'm just going to pick one for each.

Push
Chris Masters
He's got the look, good ring skills for a big guy, decent mic skills (could be better) could be a solid IC champ or float around the main event like he was in 06.

Release
JTG
Ever since Shad got released he's got nothing going for him.

I would push Zack Ryder. He has great personality as you can see in his Z! True Long Island Story videos on Youtube. He has made this gimmick his own and I think he could make it as a Champion.

I would release The Usos. Since coming to the WWE they have done nothing. WWE had a chance to push them as a great Tag Team but they failed to do it and I think it is too late for them now.

Push - Zack Ryder

Fairly Obvious. Good on mic, very young, bags of potential, whitty and very charasmatic!

Release - Yoshi Tatsu

I liked him when he debuted but hated the fact that he is over 30. As time went on he became irrelevant. I want him to stay purely as a jobber and see him squashed by the likes of Mason Ryand and Ezekiel Jackson. But just release him. He is boring and without a personality.

Push: Zak Ryder, he has the skills in the ring and on the mic. Even if he were pushed comedic style ala Santino it would still be entertaining as all get out.

Push: Tyler Reks, this guy could be the second coming of Kane if they handled his character right. People say he can' get over but I believe he hasn't been given the chance to properly get over.

Push: David Hart Smith and Tyson Kidd, together or seperately both of these guys are just to damn good to be sitting on the shelf not doing anything. They just need time to develop some consistent characters and personalities and you have two of the future superstars of wrestling right there.

Push: Yoshi Tatsu, give him more of an edge, maybe a full heel turn to and have him feud with Sin Cara. Or maybe make a stable of international superstars with a good heel manager and have them on the same team.

Push: Curt Hawkins, I like the next "Edge" style character that someone mentioned already.

Release: Primo, JTG, Ted Dibiase, Chris Masters, and most of the Divas.

To be honest, out of your "Superstars" list, I'd release them all. But if I had to choose, I would Push: Ted Dibiase Jr., and The New Hart foundation of David Smith and Tyson Kidd.

I would like the rest to be released. They are unused talents and are wasting all of our time. I would include HIGHLY on this list Hornswoggle, his 15 minutes ended when they split him from Finlay.

Push Zack Ryder
If you're a member on this site and have not seen his youtube vids.. then get out of the cave you live in.. These vids have definately doing favours for him and it's paying off as he has alot of fans from people in the business and out. I say draft him to SD this year, turn him babyface and give him a push.. maybe have him included in the IC title hunt?

Release JTG
Even during the last year of Cryme Tyme together, I was already over it.. it got quite old and just plain tiring to watch around the time they moved to SD and had the stuff with Slam Master J and Eve.. When they first broke up, I called it that one of them would get released and the other would just be in jobberville.. Now I'm calling it that there will be no more JTG in the WWE by the time this year is over.

I'll jump on the Long Island Iced Z train and say push this guy. I'll go one step farther and say Zack Ryder doesn't just have what it takes to have a good career but has what it takes to be a top face of the company. He plays the heel very well and should continue on that for a bit, but I think he'll eventually outgrow that role very much like Cena did. I'm not saying it should happen today or tomorrow or even next month, however I believe that is the heights he can reach.

For release take your pick. I'll forego the usual "release this jobber" in favor for a more hits-home release. That said I say they need to get rid of Melina. Let's face it, with all the backstage hoopla going on with her and her "antics" she is a poison pill. It's only a matter of time before the whole locker room gets tired of them, and she spreads "something nasty" around(do you research if you want to know what that means." If you have to lose Morrison for her so be it, but rather that over an upset locker room.

Push
Chris Masters - Always thought he had potential however the ball was dropped on his superstars undefeated streak.. should have continued that to smackdown.. he needs a few big wins and to solidfy himself as a face by fighting del rio/zeke/clay. Good idea is to bring back his submission proficientcy.. or maybe have him always kickout (unpinnable?) could help get him over if the heels keep getting frustrated and DQ themselves or countout.

Zack Ryder-Huge potential I'd like to see him get to the IC title/Us title picture. Gimmick is good, but i see more of it on youtube than on Raw or superstars. What happened to the cutting edge/highlight reel/peep show.. this could work with ryder! have him issue an open challenge.

Keep for Later
Curt Hawkins - Curt and Heath Slater as a future tag team.. has potential.
Jimmy and Jey Uso* - Bring back Tag teams! but these guys need some wins to be seen as credible. if that means beating r-truth and cena.. then maybe it should happen with Miz on the mike.

Released
JTG- no reason required
Primo- Never seen him work as hard as he did with Sin Cara but a little too late.

Wow, I knew Zack Ryder was popular on the forums, but this is pretty much a unanimous decision! I hope someone from WWE gets wind of this, because I like him a lot, too...

I'd also like to see Trent Barretta get a push... not even a huge push, I'd just like a guarantee to see him on Smackdown every week. Awesome in-ring skills (his matches with Curt Hawkins were great), also very adaptable as a character--I thought he was hilarious as a Dudebuster, but I also thought he was a very convincing "victim" of Drew McIntyre's brutality a month or so ago. I think there's a lot going for him.

And, yeah, I'd probably release the Uso's. Or at least one of them. They have absolutely nowhere to go with the state of the tag division as it is, and unlike other tag teams, you kind of can't split up identical twins (unless one of them starts wearing a mask, or something...). Kind of sad, because I think they're decent enough in the ring, and they seem capable on the mic, from the one time I saw them speak.

Push-

Tyler Reks. He has the look, the talent, and the size.He should dominate Superstars (if its still on)and come to Smackdown saying he wants new competition and work his way up

chris masters - Him and tyler reks need to be pushed because masters is good enough to win the big one

Release-

Jtg.Without shad he SUCKS.

Jimmy and Jey Uso-They could have been tag champs but wwe once again dropped the ball

Primo. All he does is botch,botch,botch against sin cara. Get Carlito back or throw Primo out

PUSH
Zack Ryder -
Why WWE havent utilised his massive online following is a joke, to start building him up i would give him his own show on SD, kinda like what he is doing on YouTube but with guests.

Then i would stick him in the MITB match but not win - just a good showing. Start building him towards a possible IC title reign.

RELEASE:
JTG...
i really liked Cryme Tyme and couldnt believe they split them up.
On his own the gimmick doesnt work aswell. He has become useless and a jobber.

I would also give mini-pushes to Tyler Reks and Chirs Masters

I would push Zack Ryder very hard. Possibly bring him to Smackdown! and into the Intercontinental Title scene. I really think he could be an amazing midcard champ. He is very entertaining and fun to watch and can wrestle fairly well.

I would instantly release JTG;that man has nothing going for him. He is generally boring and without Shad, there is really no reason to keep him around. I don't think he is that great to begin with.
nuff said. couldn't agree more. Zack Ryder, at least in my opinion, is the most deserving for a push. How to push him, I don't know. Sending him to Smackdown is the best option, inserting him into the IC title scene and building him there for a while. I thought Dashing CR and ZR would be a great heel team but now it's demented Grotesque CR so IDK.
JTG, just I see no reason to waste space with him. I miss Cryme Tyme though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back