• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Push One, Fire One, Job One #2

PUSH: Wade Barrett. He's got the size that so many of the WWE's top guys are lacking - despite this myth that the WWE is a "house of hosses" what happens when Undertaker, Kane, Big Show and Khali (who was gone once) are all departed? At the end of the day, big guys create realism. No one likes a stiff, but Barrett has shown he's not that kinda guy. He's got good mic skills if people get past the accent and I think he can be a top heel when he returns from injury. Push him to the moon.

JOB: Dolph Ziggler. I like Dolph alot but I dont honestly feel like he will make it to the top. My first impression of him was Billy Gunn 2.0. He may be an "almost" guy as he has been thus far in his career.

FIRE: Cody Rhodes. I'm not sure I see Cody as a mega heel or a big time face. He may have hit his ceiling already. Very talented wrestler but to make it in the "E" you have to have the total package and Cody is just too one-dimensional.

Realistically I'd keep and push them all but in the spirit of this little game these are my conclusions.

Fire Barret. I dig the guy, but he seems more like an actor than a wrestler. I like my wrestlers fighting or talking about a fight, not having "power struggles" with rookies. I like him, but the two others are better WRESTLERS

Job Ziggles. Isn't that what they're doing anyways? He may not "job" to Broadus & Ryback, but you don't ever expect him to win a match with any "upper card" talent. And he's not a good talker in the least. Only promo I remember him doing that was entertaining was him making fun of Foley for wanting to be in the Rumble. His "Hi, I'm Dolph Ziggler" schick was better than anything he's said since.

Push Rhodes. A fellow MA,GA representative that takes the little they give him & makes a mile of it. He's done nothing but lose since his fued with Big Show, yet remains relevant. He's the 2nd Coming of Jericho.

I was hoping you'd make us struggle over three superstar selections with the next thread haha.

Push Ziggler: Great look, great skills, great personality. By my accounts that makes him the triple threat. As cheesy as that line was, that's how I feel. I have been on the edge of my seat and squeeled over a match like I did for Sheamus vs. Ziggler at No Way Out. PUSH ZIGGLER!

Job Barret: Love this guy as well with his Euro Heel gimmick. But he doesn't put on the year's greatest matches by any standards but still gets the job done and is too valuable to be let go.

Fire Rhodes: I don't know..I'm never excited to see him. I understand so many people like him and we all see things differently but I do not anticipate seeing him the way I do others. And if you can't grab my attention, well, then.. *cue Vinny Mac*

Due to popularity of the last thread I did of this, I WILL be doing more.

Last time I used 3 underused WWE Superstars...This time I will be going with the top 3 guys that are in line for a Main Event push and that most of the IWC LOVES.

Cody Rhodes - Dolph Ziggler - Wade Barrett

Listen up guys...I know that mostly everyone loves these 3 Guys, including me. This is why I wanted to make it tough on you guys by giving these three. Please do not say you would push all of them. The point is, if you HAD to push, fire, and job one of these guys, who would you?

So, with that said, if you had to Push One of them, Fire one of them, and Make one of them a jobber, who would you choose on each?

First, if I may, I would like to make a suggestion if you are doing another one of these. I would find it interesting if you used current FCW/NXT people like: Antonio Ceasaro, Kassious Ohno, Seth Rollins, etc. Just a suggestion.

Now on topic.

Fire: Cody Rhodes. Now this is a tough one. He is goodon the mic and in the ring, but to me he just doesn't have "the look" of the World Championship.

Job: Dolph Ziggler. Now believe you me, I would push this guy to the moon, BUT, he needed a mouthpiece in Vickie for him to get heat at first.

Push: Wade Barrett. Has the look, and has the skills. What more could I say.

Of course I will now give my opinion on what I would do as the OP .
I like most of you, love all of these guys.

Push Dolph Ziggler He is my favorite out of the three. He has CHARISMA. He of course is excellent in the ring and Could be the next Shawn Michaels.

Job Cody Rhodes Great Mic Skills, Good in the ring. Just needs something extra. But is very dynamic.

Fire Wade Barrett I like all three of them but Wade the least. Reminds me of Triple H. He just needs a little more charisma. I like him, but out of the three, I would fire him .

Another one of these will be coming.

Dolph Ziggler - Push: He has the charisma and star aura to him and would be an exciting addition to the main event scene, offering something different.

Cody Rhodes - Job: Don't really want to job poor Cody but it's where he fell in this trio. He has good mic/ring skills and facials but his look and lack of presence I think make him a guy that could be a mid card workhorse that is the guy to beat on the way to the main event.

Wade Barrett - Fire: He's comfortable on the mic but bores me with his promos and in ring work, plus his accent reminds me of a bad soap opera.

Push, Dolph Ziggler. He has been on a roll. Someone I think is main event ready, and its time for him to be allowed to show it.

Fire, Wade Barrett. I would fire him just because of the 3 he interests me the least. I like Wade, but isn't as solid as the other 2.

Job, Rhodes. He has been good, and is really good on the mic at times, but I don't think he has the total package to be a main eventer.

I would PUSH Wade Barrett. He is the only one out of the three who would be a believable World Champion right now. As talented as Ziggler is, Barrett would generate more interest among fans as a permanent main eventer. He's great on the mic, decent in the ring, has the look of a champion, and has defeated top stars such as Cena and Orton before. Easily the one to keep pushing out of the three. He was on his way toward a WWE Championship reign during his time leading The Nexus and I would try to regain that momentum with a Money In the Bank cash-in on the World Heavyweight Champion. That will get Barrett to where he should already have been by now.

I would JOB Dolph Ziggler. The guy has a ton of talent, but if I can only push one then Barrett is the better of the two in every category other than in-ring skills. Those can be taught. He comes up short in the promo area and is only slightly believable as a potential champion due to the brief World Heavyweight Championship reign that lasted for all but a blink of an eye. He should still be kept around to help others look great and for that reason I picked him for the jobber.

I would FIRE Cody Rhodes. Good grief, I hated having to type that. I do not want to fire any of these three, but if one of them absolutely had to go then it would be Rhodes. Both Dolph and Barrett bring more to the table and Cody cannot rely on his legendary father to help him get a push forever. The two more interesting gimmicks of his ended and now he has gone from being on fire to being somewhat generic, I lost interest in him. A Money In the Bank victory could help him, but at this point like I already said if I had to fire one of these three then the future endeavours memo goes to the one who brings the least to the table and right now that's Rhodes.

I could not agree more on all three of these bro, excellently put. So obviously I would Push Barrett, Job Ziggler and Fire Rhodes, here's why.

Pushing Barrett- Like Dagger said, of the three he's the one I could see as and want to see as a world champion right now. The guy is the total package and he's got size on Rhodes and Ziggler which I feel like is something that is needed in this new generation of superstars. The man can walk circles around his competition on the mic, I mean how can you not enjoy listening to that damned accent? But most importantly his in ring abilities that were the weakest part of his game in the past have improved drastically in the past year and a half, I remember before he got injured he showed such marked improvement each week on SD that I was blown away. Push this brit!

Jobbing Ziggler- Even saying jobbing Dolph hurts me because this guy is a true workhorse and a real future main eventer. The funny thing is that I believe Cody is a better package than Ziggler because Dolph's speaking is improving but still a little weak, however he impresses me so much in the ring that I couldn't see him go. Plus where he's at right now is a step above jobbing with his damn tag team matches and what not, but he can put guys over well and still give us good matches.

Fire Rhodes- This would suck, and I mean this would really really suck because I love Cody and he's come so far in the last year. My only glimmer of hope is he would be picked up by ROH or TNA but it would be a travesty to lose this guy. The only reason he's in this position is he can't compete with the champion capacity and well rounded game of Barrett and Ziggler is too much of an asset with his wrestling abilities. That's not to say he's lacking at all though, Cody Rhodes is ever improving in all areas of his game and would make a great X Division Champ/TNA World Heavyweight Champion.

Push: Wade Barrett- I love this guy. He has awesome mic skills, and he is good in the ring. He was arguably the biggest heel in the company in 2010, when he and Nexus made John Cena their bitc*. I know he has the ability, and I think he will eventually hold the WWE Championship.

Job: Dolph Ziggler- Only for a little while, he's been jobbing lately anyway. It will only be a matter of time before he gets past midcard. I would make him drop Vickie first then he would go places.

Fire: Cody Rhodes- I really like Cody, but ever since he dropped the Undashing gimmick he's gone downhill atleast IMO.

This one is tough for me because I'm a huge fan of Ziggler and Rhodes, and have no problem with Barrett. But...

FIRE Wade Barrett. Nothing wrong with the guy, but if I had to see one of these guys leave, it would be him.

JOB Cody Rhodes. Rhodes was amazing when he was "Dashing", terrible when he had the mask, and then became awesome again when he lost it. But even during the best of his time in WWE, he hasn't shown me the "it" factor necessary to main event in WWE.

PUSH Dolph Ziggler. This guy NEEDS to be World Heavyweight Champion before the end of the year. Not WWE Champion, World Heavyweight Champion. Ziggler raised both the Intercontinental and United States Championships from the grave with his spectacular runs with both titles, and I think he could do the same for the World title. Have him win MITB, announce ahead of time that he was cashing in at SummerSlam, and have him beat Sheamus CLEAN for the title. After that, a nice 6-8 month reign as champion, with consistent clean title defenses, and immediately the World Heavyweight Championship will mean something again.

I look at this slightly differently so bear with me...

Push Barrett - He was earmarked for this before his injury and was supposed to be MITB holder/maybe even the champ by now. You don't plan that kind of push unless you believe in the person in question having longevity. Barrett has a lot of potential, but it's mouldable potential. The other two are "stuck" in their gimmicks.

Job Ziggler - Ziggler is talented, as many love to say could sell Ice to Eskimos... BUT... the reason the above didn't happen is because he has a tendancy to be reckless with his bumps. The injury to Barrett was a classic case of sacrificing safety for the spectacular bump. If WWE was not already in trouble injury wise, Ziggler would have been severely punished. I feel he still should be, the night before at HIAC I felt he was on the bubble of being dangerous. His bumps can be great, but if he injures himself or others then he's not the right guy. Say you give him the belt and the next night he takes someone out with a "Ziggler Special" for a few months? Guys like Hennig didn't suffer for not getting the belt, Ziggler won't either. When you talk about him and Rhodes we're also into the "it's their turn" mentality. That's what's made the titles worthless, that everyone should have a turn.

Fire Rhodes - When he lost the mask/disfigured gimmick he lost all interest and relevance for me, he was so much better with that schtick it's hard to explain. Instead of a vanilla, bland heel he was an interesting one who the slow drawl suited. He'll stay cos of his surname but that's all in my eyes. In TNA, he'd be a lot better off.

Push Ziggler - Because he is the most talented
Fire Rhodes - Because such a big name shouldn't be jobbed, and he would get world titles elsewhere.
Job Barrett - Because he is the least talented of the three. Also doesn't have a big name yet, like Cody.

I would find it better to be fired, than being a jobber, at least in Cody's case.

This is much better than the first installment, definitely have to think it out. My choices are being based off of how I believe the WWE would see things and the criteria which their decisions are usually based. I have only read the first page of posts so if I sound similar to others then obviously there are some smart people responding to the thread. haha...but seriously, this is the truth.

Push- Barrett- He's the biggest, a good talker and a Brit (one of their most successful markets). He can have minimal in-ring talent and still get a reaction. They like him and one day he may make me a believer but is the most likely for ME success in the immediate future.

Job- Ziggler- Poor f'n guy, he is too good at what he does and will be there to make others look better than they are for a long time, maybe get a World Title around his waist in 5-10 years. Heel or face he sells too well.

Fire- Rhodes- The WWE has little to no loyalty to his family and he could go to TNA and be a big star. HE, like Ziggles is years away from being a WC holder in WWE, too many bigger and over rated guys ahead of him. In TNA he would shine, work the talent well and out talk half of the roster. I am a big fan of his and have backed him since the days when Legacy split and the majority of the IWC was on Ted Jr's nuts. He will be in mid-card hell for a long time despite all that he is and brings to the table. In response to the first installment of this thread, fire Ted!

Push - Wade Barrett, He's from Preston, he's a great talker and a good wrestler. Great look and looks like a champion. Can have good matches with any sized wrestler.

Job - Ziggler. He's the bump master. Awesome seller and technically sound. I think he could turn face and warrant the seem crowd sympathy that Shawn Michaels had when getting his arse wiped.

Fire- Cody. I'm not interested in what he has to say, his style is slow and ploding bith in thew ring and on the mic.

Very difficult but

Push - Ziggler. He should easily be in the main event. I rate him as the best heel on the roster and hopefully sunday will be his big push. He deserves a chance and when he actually gets a proper feud than he will succeed.

Job- Rhodes. He seems like he would make a good jobber. Not sure why. I really like him and i think he should be a main-eventer so i wouldn't fire him.

Fire- Barret. Process of elimination. He isn't as good as the other two.

I have never participated in these because it doesn't make much sense. You give people names of people that are all talented and should all be getting push. There is no right answer. As a business man you don't fire talent, that is relevant you fire guys like Tyler Reks, PTP, Camacho, etc.

Push - Rhodes: As a fan I like him, So why not it is a legit reason as any. He was crap and you can see the improvements since his first showing. This shows this guy has talent to improve and if I have a guy that is willing to get better it is safe to assume he is willing to do what it takes.

Job Ziggler: Unlike Cody Ziggler has yet to be that face guy that people like, He has yet to work as well as a tag team ( with swagger was a joke). Ziggler can become a jobber for awhile and still bounce back to true form with out question.

Fire Barrett: He has been off TV long enough to be irrelevant. If people stop thinking about the dirt sheet knowledge and think about the TV knowledge Barrett is gone. Plus what did Barrett do while he was on TV. Failed with Nexus, Failed with Corre, Failed with everything he has touched, Plus his accent is annoying. If we are firing good talent might as well make some dumb reason to fire him ( ask Morrison)

Push - Ziggler. Only one choice for me, how many times does he have to prove himself? If I was in charge, I'd turn him face and capitalise on his popularity. The fans have taken to him and it's about time WWE realised this. His talent in the ring is unquestionable and if he could drop Vickie I'm sure he'd excel on the mic too. Really hope he becomes mr mitb.

Job - Rhodes. He's got talent sure, but it's not on the same level as Ziggler. Could still be a useful bit part player though, filler fueds etc.

Fire - Barrett. I liked Wade when he first broke on to the scene but I don't feel like he's going anywhere and he doesn't connect well with the audience. His moveset is limited too. Plus he's English. If anything they should push Drew Mcintyre, a good Scotsman.

This is defintly tough as I would hope the WWE is going to push all 3. But here goes.

Push: Cody Rhodes

It came down to who I like the most and who I think would be the best in the main event. And for me the answer to both those is Rhodes. A special talent who is still young and has all the traits.

Job: Dolph Ziggler

He is so good at selling so why not have him be the ultimate seller.

Fire: Wade Barrett

Tough break. Wouldn't push him over Rhodes and Ziggler would be great (but misused) as a jobber so that leaves Barrett on the outside.

Fire Cody Rhodes, his lisp will always limit him to being a midcarder. His look is just not main event level status.

Job Wade Barrett. Job him to Lesnar just because Lesnar needs to demolish someone.

Push Ziggler as far as you can. He is a main eventer for sure.

Push: Dolph Ziggler. The guy is over, he is gold on the mic, and could play either face or heel in the main event. He at least deserves the rub from a title match with Cena or Punk.

Job: Cody Rhodes. Good talent but he is in a position to put other guys over. He is a multi time champion and can help establish some new midcard stars.

Fire: Wade Barrett. He's done his job as fodder for Super Cena. Been off tv too long. He's fairly irrelevant now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back