• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Push One, Fire One, Job One #3

Given the current landscape it'd be silly not to push PTP. I'm not their biggest fans, but I also wouldn't stop their momentum mid-run to appease my own interests.

Now, taking away from anything that's current going on, my picks are:

Push: The Usos
Fire: Prime Time Players
Job: Primo & Epico

I think it's probably more important to talk about my decisions for the last to, or rather why I wouldn't just fire Epico & Primo. I'll admit that they get very little reaction, and WWE has tried quite a bit to get the audience to latch on. As it comes down to 80% of the time with tag team wrestling, it didn't work.

It's not that I don't think Prime Time Players could fare better than Primo & Epico, it's just that when I'm forced to "job" one of them it doesn't really matter how good they COULD be. If one team is going to get jobbed out every week, it should at the very least be the team with the better in-ring skills. E&P are fluid and fun to watch. It's nothing against PTP, and honestly it may be more difficult to watch them being jobbed out on a weekly basis. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to keep them around, just to make them lose all the time.

For me, the Usos have more potential than any team, in any promotion, anywhere in the world. They are fantastic in-ring talents, have the perfect look to match their gimmick, and grew up with "wrestling royalty" in their blood. Why WWE hasn't pushed these guys to the moon yet is beyond me. They're hard working, so I'd be shocked to find out it's their fault. If there was any hope in restoring a division, it rests in the Usos' hands. I will never understand the decision to let them grow older on the sidelines, paying them to job to mix-matched nothings on a weekly basis. No offense to Prime Time Players, but the only reason they're even a tag team is because WWE told them to be, and they've got nothing else going for them.

Before I get started, I'd like to say that I'm glad that WWE finally decided to acknowledge its tag team division again (It's like Triple H said, "Oh, hey. Look what I found dying on the floor here..."). If they can get away from just giving two singles wrestlers the belts just to give them something to do (cough cough Kofi-and-Truth cough cough), maybe there's hope.

PUSH - The Usos - These guys had great potential when they came in. The backstory was great w/their family lineage. Great talents in the ring. Pairing them with Tamina Snuka was a nice touch, but that fizzled for all three. They're not very good on the mic, but that can be fixed with work. Since they changed their pesonas from the cocky "swag" heels to faces embracing their Samoan heritage, they've lost a step. Maybe turning them back heel would help.

FIRE - Primo and Epico - Sorry guys, but your services are no longer needed. You're not entertaining. You have nothing that makes me want to watch you perform. You've blended into the background to the point where I wonder if you two are even still employed with WWE week to week. The "angle" where Rosa complained on Twitter about them not being on TV? Yeah, it's deserved. These dark match kings need to be future endeavored for their own benefit.

JOB - Prime Time Players. I'm not a huge fan of these guys right now, but I think they have upside. Pairing them with Abraham Washington as their mouthpiece is interesting, as that type of manager has been a rare breed in recent years. Young and O'Neil are both pretty good raw talents that can be great, if pushed correctly, and not rushed into major angles. They're still young and need more ring time and character work, but I'd like to see where this goes.

I'd push the PTP - Their gimmick and dancing makes me laugh.

Job the Usos - someone needs to job, rather them

Fire Primo & Epico - They are *****. Heard them referring to having photos taken with fans as a "sacrifice of the business". Miserable little shits and boring as fuck. Rosa can do one too, she's a strange looking bint

PUSH: Prime Time Players The fact that most "smart" marks hate these guys is proof that what they're doing works. Even Ziggler knows he's doing a shitty job right now as a heel because he's getting over, PTP is drawing consistent heat and getting the job done in the ring. O'Neil and Young are a total package tag team with a great manager who draws heat and can smoke anybody on the mic. These guys can ignite the competition in the tag team scene if they snag the Tag Championships.

JOB: The Uso's Great team with a memorable gimmick, but the crowd doesn't know them well enough yet to put a title on them. Jobbing will make them better workers as well as get the crowd behind them as an underdog team. That way when they do capture the titles, it will be a big fan pleaser.

FIRE: Primo & Epico They've had a run with the titles, and it was boring and uneventful. Send them on their way to wrestle in Puerto Rico or Mexico. You can always hire them back as luchadors later.

Push - The Usos. The reason I would push the Uso's is that they came in as a tag team and I feel that although tag teams can be made out of a random pairing a times the best way to do it is to be brought in that way. I know it doesn't matter that much but I just like it to be done that way as I think it adds depth to the team.

Job- PTP. I would push these guys they seem to be doing well themselves and they have AW as a mouthpiece, however I don't feel they are as fluid in the ring as a team as The Uso's.

Fire- Primo and Epico. This was a tough choice as realistically I wouldn't fire any of the teams but hey that's the aim of the game. I would rather see these two split up as I do like Primo and think he could do well but the team doesn't seem to be able to draw a big reaction from the crowd.

Push- The PTP. I think these guys are great as a tag team, and they are something fresh for the tag division with abraham washington. They have a good look, with titus being the powerhouse, and darren young being sneaky, who could pull out a cradle win anytime.

Job- The Uso's. I really like both primo and epico as well as these guys, but the Uso's get more of a crowd reaction. They have a cool entrance, and would be one of those tag teams that you can call on if you need a quick match put together.

Fire- Primo and Epico. These guys are a good team, and are more than decent in the ring, but i feel like they just aren't over with the crowd. When they had titles, they weren't doing anything significant, they just had them.

P.S.- Keep rosa mendes though

Great thread idea, keep them coming

PUSH: PrimeTime Players. AW brings a swagger to the group and can support the team on the mic. They might not be the best in the ring, but they have a good look and I like the ultra cocky gimmick.

JOB: Usos. No change from there normal role, except when they occasionally dance with their dad...

FIRE: Primo & Epico. They didn't pan out as champions and aren't getting over.

push - the uso's - they are a great tag team that in the last 2 or 3 years is a backup for the main roster and their still have the potential they have couple of years back.

job - primo & epico - they are still need to be in the lowe postition and I believe that in the future they can make the tag team division better.

fire - the prime time players - there is one simple reason that I choose them.I think they get their push earlier and if they were another 1-2 years in superstars or even be a backup for the main roster they can sucsses better than a push that in my mind will end in a return to be on superstars.

The Uso's - I would push, but first they need a new entrance and theme.

Prime Time Playas - I would job. I just don’t get them. Are they supposed to be funny or what.

Primo & Epico- Fired. I just don’t like that team. The only reason they are on TV cause of Rosa. Primo hasn’t been relevant since Carlito.

Then again the whole tag division sucks.

Push: PTP, these guys with AW are entertaining as hell and with a push would be great. These guys have potential.

Job: The Usos, these guys are under-used, I would put them into more matches and have them win them, maybe have them beat Primo & Epico before...

Fire: Primo and Epico, I didn't find them entertaining as champions, I didn't enjoy Primo with Carlito & don't see them changing soon.

The Primetime Players are the only ones with real potential. Push.

Job the Usos out.

Fire the Colons. They are impossible to care about and have never done anything impressive or noteworthy.

Push - The Uso's - I enjoy watching them two in the ring as well as there entrance, they have some personality and charisma which can help the division.

Fire - Prime Time Players - Titus is just a train wreck in the ring and I find Young to be boring. Not to mention A.W. is just flat out annoying.

Job - Epico and Primo - This one kills me because I enjoy their in ring work they are just bland and need that flare which they just dont have. I'd get them a better manager than Rosa, like Vickie for example, who can help get them over because I do see the potential in this group it's just not there yet.

I'm sorry to jump outside the premise of the thread at all but I'd say FIRE ALL OF THEM. That may sound harsh, and maybe it is, but I don't currently see the value in any of them.

Primo and Epico are the best in the ring, but that's it. What is their appeal to anyone who doesn't simply appreciate solid wrestling? "Hey we're stereotypical Mexican characters along with Camacho and Hunico" What is the selling point? I don't see it.

The Uso's are completely useless. They're not sure if they want to be the Samoan Cryme Tyme or the Wild Samoans v.2 or what they want to be, and frankly I'm not even sure what they are supposed to be. I doubt anyone else knows either. They provide nothing special in the ring, outside of it, around it, in between in, under it, or anywhere. I don't care for their stupid "Savage Dance" they do either, you want to act like mongoloids or something, I'm sure there is a zoo or a side show somewhere that would love to put you on display, otherwise, act like wrestlers. I've never witnessed a shred of evidence that either man can carry or cut a promo, they don't seem to have any kind of personality to draw people in, and overall provide nothing but two bodies to throw around a ring. Fire them.

The Prime Time Playas'. Yet another example of the fact that Vince doesn't know how to do anything with a pair of black guys (or any minority for that matter) accept turn them into a racial stereotype in some way. Maybe he just likes to do it that way because he's horribly racist, I don't know. What I do know is that nothing about either guy screams "Prime Time" to me or "Playa". You've got Darren Young who looks like a bad lab experiment gone wrong. Then you've got Titus O'neil whose as generic a black guy as they come, stale as old coffee, and less entertaining. Neither one has anything special that even remotely glimmers through to the surface. It's pretty bad when the most entertaining thing about your tag team is your manager outside the ring, outshining both of you as he's mic'ed up talking smack the whole time.

Bottom line, none of these talents or teams are worth keeping. I shouldn't even use the word "talents" when referring to them because none of them have it. Simply being able to have matches doesn't make you talented, and that's all these guys are good for, having meaningless matches that really entertain no one. The tag team division is fucked like one of Bill Clinton's interns, and I don't see any saving grace for it any time soon. If this is the best you've got to offer, it's better to just not offer anything at all.

Even though I wouldn't be firing any of these teams in the near future and since they are really the only 3 real tag teams in the WWE,I don't think any of them will get fired, here's what I would do:

Push: The Usos
The Usos are the best tag team in The WWE. Yes, that includes the tag champions Kingston and Truth. These guys are the best in tag wrestling and are actually a tag team. Not single wrestlers. They are exactly what a team should start out as so they can gain exposure and learn how to be good single wrestlers in a couple of years. Give them the tag belts, where they can
Learn the art by wrestling veterans and it will eventually turn them into singles competitors,

Job: Primo and Epico
Simple put, I think the best asset of this team is that they put over talent extremely well. They know how to sell and can make their opponents look good. It would be stupid not to have these guys be jobbers to bigger stars as Primo is great at it. Give them time to try and build Epico's skills a bit more and then maybe push them as a team. Also they are high flyers, and everybody loves seeing them.

Fire: Prime Time Players
I like the Prime Time Players but I don't think their as good as the other teams, That being said, they shave started as a tag team and can still learn a lot, eventually learning the art of tag team wrestling,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back