• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Push One, Fire One, Job One #3

#BabyFace

**The.Best.In.The.World**
Last week I gave you all a tough one with 3 upancoming superstars. I like to put a new twist on it each time!

First of all, for those of you that this is their first time, I will give you 3 names, you tell me which one you would Push, which one you would Fire, and which one you would keep as Jobbers.

Again, I understand you may like all 3 of them, or hate all 3 of them, obviously in reality you would likely keep all of them, this is just for fun so no negativity. :icon_mrgreen:

This week's choices are actually three young teams!

The Uso's - Prime Time Playas - Primo & Epico​

Which team would you Push, Fire, and Job!

GO!:p

Sadly, the WWE's choice for these teams will likely be "Keep & Job" all three. After all, it appears the company's current philosophy on how to "push" a tag team is to job them out repeatedly with the thought being, "At least they're on TV."

The current feud between the Prime Time Playas and Primo & Epico is doing well for both teams, and I think it would be fantastic to insert The Usos into this picture as well. Now that they've had an opportunity to interact on TV with their dad, it seems a perfect time to revive their stocks in WWE. However, in keeping with the point of this discussion, I'd push Prime Time Playas, job The Usos and release Primo & Epico.

My reasons are simple: The Usos have already been used fairly extensively as jobbers, so that requires no real change. On the flip side, Primo/Epico have already held the straps, failed to impress, and can be "future endeavored."

Meanwhile, PTP have Abraham Washington as a mouth piece. As a huge fan of classic "manager" characters, I'm 100% behind ANYTHING that moves the WWE closer to a return for this long-forgotten standard. I would LOVE to see Washington and his boys elevated in the WWE roster. It's happening, I think, but I doubt the company has any real intention to get behind either PTP or a revived tag team division, so the outlook for all involved is bleak.

I would PUSH the Prime Time Players. They are a highly entertaining tag team and the best thing to happen to the division since Miz and Morrison. They remain my picks to defeat Air Truth for the titles and I look forward to more of their antics as they continue their run. AW makes an excellent manager for them too. His shouting during the matches due to his mic makes me laugh.

I would JOB Primo and Epico. These guys have the talent to make other teams look good in their victories but are just not over enough to be believable as a threat to the titles they once held. I think they should be kept around so the teams getting pushes have someone to face in between title matches.

I would FIRE the Usos. Seriously. Those guys are worthless and I cannot fathom how they are still employed by the federation. They are boring in the ring, can't cut a promo to save their lives, and have the single most annoying entrance of anyone on the roster today. I would rather see a marathon of Vickie "EXCUSE ME" promos than ever see the Usos again. I hate them and want them future endeavoured.

I would push the Prime Time Players, they are a pretty good tag-team. AW, does help them he isn't terrible on the mic. Having AW as their manager does wonders for them because they don't have mic skills. I want these guys to take the Tag Team Championship off of Kofi Kingston and R-Truth.

I would job The Uso's, to me they have the talent, but they just don't cut it on the mic. For now I would job them now to the Prime Time Players. Maybe they could bring in their dad Rikishi as their manager, because I don't see them getting anywhere besides Superstars with no personality besides being Rikishi's sons. I think they have potential though.

I would fire Primo and Epico, this was really hard for me to choose between these guys and The Uso's. I like these guys too, but I just don't think they are over. When they come out they barely get a reaction and they're supposed to be heel/face? Anyway, Rosa Mendes is not enough to get them over just because of her nice body.

P.S. Please keep doing these OP, I love them it was a great idea keep 'em coming!

PUSH: The Usos: The Usos are impressive inside the ring. They have a history in this business and a lineage unlike any other wrestling family. Plenty of people have already sung their praises, like Paul Heyman. They just need the bookers behind them and they'll be on the fast track to stardom.

FIRE: The Prime Time Players: This is a hard one, because I don't think either team should be fired or jobbing. But I must choose one for each, and I like the Prime Time Players the least out of these three teams. O'Neil and Young (who henceforth will be referred to as Nega-Cena) are still green, in the ring and on the mic. I have never liked Abraham Washington. I find him to be annoying on the mic, more so than Michael Cole circa 2011, and his managerial skills are awful from a kayfabe standpoint. It's like he's trying to be a bad manager. He cost Primo and Epico their tag title rematch by waiting too long, has had O'Neil and Nega-Cena bailing on matches they're about to lose, and is costing them matches by interfering. Of course, this is all from a kayfabe standpoint, but that's the game.

JOB: Primo and Epico: Again, I like these two, but they aren't doing much. They're good in the ring, but don't connect with the people. Well, beside the male audience when Rosa dances. Anyway, they are a good tag team, but I don't think they're as good as the Usos. They would make a good foil for the Usos with their high-flying style against the Usos' powerful brawling style.

Push the Usos, Keep and job primo and epico, and fire Primetime players.... The Usos have a lot of talent and IF the tag division gets rebuilt they can be a dominant force much like the SST... As for epico and primo, I like them, but they would make ideal stepping stones for a lot tag teams in rebuilding that division. They don't need a run w/ belts nor should they get one, they are entertaining but not believable as champs (of the 3) so job em out... and lastly fire Primetime Players... those guys are just crap in the ring, granted they are still wet behind the ear, I would fire them, hope they continue to work on their craft and bring them in down the line.

I would push the Prime Time Players. I love AW on the mic during the matches, and if he is the start of a return of managers then I am all for that. A good young team with a great mouthpiece.

I would job the Uso's. They are a legit team, and are pretty good in the ring. They pretty much job now so no real change would be needed.

I would fire Primo and Epico. I like them as a team, but when they held the belts they weren't really allowed to do anything with them. For that reason I pick them to fire.

Push- PTP: Probably what's going to happen anyway, and rightfully so, as they're the most promising of the three teams at this moment. They have a good look, they have a good mouthpiece in AW, they're pretty good in the ring IMO, with potential to improve. With their swagger and AW leading them, they could hopefully lead the resurgence of the tag team division that so many of us long for.

Job- Primo and Epico: They're not good on the mic, but they're good in the ring, and they have Rosa to get the (male) audience excited. I think beating them would do more to put over an opponent team than beating the Usos, at least right now.

Fire- Usos: I don't think they deserve to be fired, but to keep with the parameters of the thread, I'll have to say I would let them go over the other two teams. They bring nothing on the mic, their ring work is good but not spectacular, I don't think they connect with the crowd that much when they're not dancing with Rikishi. That may not be entirely their fault, of course, due to how they're been used, like most other tag teams for the better part of a decade.

This was actually pretty tough as I feel like all of the three teams are starting to come together, even if it is slowly and the tag division is something the WWE desperately needs to work on, but here goes...

Push- Primetime Playas. Easily the best of the three and with the right amount of time and build these guys could help rebuild the division. I really enjoyed them last Monday, even in a losing effort and AW is doing a great job trying to keep the heat coming. During their match at Money in the Bank AW did an awesome job trying to revive the crowd and he even got Rosa into it. A few more teams and some good matches and they could really be onto something. I'm hoping they'll at least give Kofi and R-Truth a run for their money at Summerslam.

Job- Epico and Primo. Have consistently put on solid matches over the last couple of months and if they can build their feud with PTP it could really elevate not only them but also the division.

Fire- The Usos. Like I said, it was a tough decision, but of the three teams these two are easily the least relevant as they are barely seen on TV anymore.

push- The Usos
the usos have impressed, and will continue to do so as long as they are booked properly. hopefully they do not get dropped to a dance segment group like brodus clay. the push could come after a bit of repackaging.

job- the ptp
the group has the makings to be good, but are fresh and havent earned their spot to be fully pushed. given enough time to build up, and leave them with a manager like aw, and the could help rebuild the division when the time comes.

fire- primo and epico
they had their chance as champs, and seeing as they are no longer champs, they didnt live up to there expectations as champs. only saying fire them because its the last option left for the thread. they could be used as jobbers too, but as a team must be fired, it would have to be them

I read both of your first two posts and really enjoyed the concept that you have going on here. I think this might be the toughest choice of them all because as many posters have stated all three teams are starting to come into their own and there seems to be more focus lately on revamping the Tag Team division ( for the time being). With that being said here is what I have cam up with

Push - Prime Time Players - These guys have the tools to be great. They could be the most charismatic team in years. Plus a great manager in AW, these guys could be the focal point of the tag team division for years to come

Job - The Usos - status quo for these two fine athletes. I enjoy them but they may as well be continued to be used as enhancement talent

Fire - Primo and Epico - I don't know why but you have to choose somebody

Push-The Usos
I love these guys, they're high energy performers with skill and appeal. Unfortunately in the past few months they've been up to nothing of relevance and the longer that continues the worse off they are. The have the tools to be crowd favorites like modern day Wild Samoans, they just need a good push behind them, personally I would love to see them in there mixing it up with Truth and Kofi for the Tag Titles right now.

Job-The Prime Time Players
They're new and exciting but as soon as the new team smell is gone I don't see them being too much of a force after they finish this little feud with Kofi and Truth. Honestly I think they'll split between now and Night Of Champions, so until then just job then.

Fire-Epico and Primo
I was expecting version 2.0 of The Colons when these two teamed up earlier this year but they went from being tag champions to extremely irrelevant and they havent impressed me as much as I was expecting. Primo has had enough chances and it looks like Epico will be dragged down with him.

OOOH. Tough one op. I'd push PTP because I like them as a team. They work together really well and AW is brilliant. He's kinda like Jimmy Hart.

I'd job Primo and Epico with Rosa. They have talent. And they have Rosa. Good enough for me.

The Usos I'd fire. Not because they're not talented but because they've been there longer than the other 2 and are still not over.

First of all I like these threads and think you should keep doing them.

Push: The Prime Time Players. Very exciting team and I think they could be out of all these teams the one to knock off R Truth and Kofi. Also AW is hilarious and gets me cracking up every time during there match

Job: The Usos. I liked the Usos when they were heels with Tamina during there debut, they were kind of on a winning streak, and then they turned face and started jobbing individually and as a team and I lossed interest in them but I think they are a more talented team then epico and primo

Fire: Epico and Primo. When I first saw this team I thought that they would be exiting and was actually rooting for them when they were tag champs, but then they started getting boring and lost the titles and become irrevelant to me. I think epico slows down Primo who is a much better wrestler than him.

Push-Prime Time Players...They remind me a bit of the Dudleys back in the 00's with the power/size and how they go about their business, with the Cryme Tyme twist. I can see them going far when they become less "green" in the ring

Job-The Usos...They are already jobbing as it is, so why mess with success with these 2, and I, unlike some of the other posters, enjoy their entrance.

Fire-Epico and Primo...These 2 don't do much for me in the ring. Only good thing about them is their manager.

This is a real tough one. I like all three of these teams and if I could, I would push all of them. I personally think they all have talent, all have something different about them and when in action, they aren't bad. Of course, the WWE tag team divison is sorely lacking, but all three could definatley bounce back and make it good again. Anyways...

Push - The Usos
The Usos have been around since Summer 2010. When they debuted on Raw, they, along with Tamina, attacked the Hart Dynasty. This set up a small feud for the WWE Tag Team Championship and in the end, the Uso's lost and that was that. Since then, they are on and off the TV screen, but when they're on, they entertain me. With their background and their style, I think with the correct push, they could be quite popular. A heel turn would be nice, as many samoan's or superstars with samoan heritage are usually placed in this situation and pushed. Umaga, Rikishi for a short while, The Rock until his popularity rose, and others. I would love to a see domination from the two in a heel form, but not a cheap heel form, because I think their size and capability can speak for themselves. I'd like Tamina to join them again and turn her heel. Good team in my mind.

Job - The Prime Time Players
I like them. I like their cocky attitude and their in-ring isn't that bad for a freshly made team. AW in their corner isn't a complaint I will make either. But, I feel they are too fresh to come on the scene and just take the WWE Tag Team Championship. Past teams have done so, but the teams "gimmick" or whatever it is doesn't quite fit the bill of dominating and impactful. A team like this can and needs to progress. I think they will and they will be noticed. In time they will make it to the number one contendership again, but this time, don't just win a Fatal-4-Way Match, get them winning constantly and make them look good first. Then, I would push them.

Fire - Primo and Epico
I like this team too. Rosa Mendes is also quite nice, but out of the three teams, they seem the weakest, which is funny, because they are the only team to have won the WWE Tag Team Championship. I like the look, the matching tights, the pretty girl in the corner, and I certainly wouldn't want to fire them, but if I had too, I would because they don't do it for me like the others. I admit, they aren't bad in the ring and when put with a team like Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston or Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd, they are bound to put on a high-flying show, but nowadays, that doesn't get over too well with the general audience. Sin Cara is a prime example. He is good in the ring when he doesn't botch, so look past before he got injured, but the crowd aren't totally behind him because we don't get to see the impact others show us. Just my opinion.

Push the Usos. I've always been a fan of their ring work but feel like their lack of gimmick/character makes them bland. I would repackage them and Tamina in some sort of Too Cool 2.0 gimmick and push them.

Job: Primo and Epico. I'm also a fan of their work and could see them pulling off some sort of stable gimmick with Alberto Del Rio as wealthy hispanics. However, the post only called for one to be pushed and I think the Usos have greater potential.

Fire: PTP. I'm not impressed with their ring work or the gimmick. I've heard that AW is supposed to be good on the mic but I have yet to hear anything to make me believe it. They are highly overrated and I feel like there are so many others I'd much rather see on my TV than them.

If I could, I'd future endeavor all 3 but here it goes:

PUSH: USOs. Of the 3 mentioned tag teams, I enjoy these guys the most. To me, they have the most potential and are good in the ring. As others have said, they probably need a better gimmick or a more recognizable gimmick other than generic Samoans.

Job: Primo and Epico: They're already basically jobbers anyway but I wouldn't have them do anything more than lose to Kofi and Truth and Usos on a regular basis.

Fire: PTP: These guys are a joke. This gimmick is stale, and I don't see what's so special about AW.

Push - Uso's Please tell me why they have not been pushed already? They never botched or screwed up before their storyline with the Hart Foundation was scrapped so why are they not the team the division is currently being revived around? The entrance is refreshing but maybe a bit long winded....but nomatter which way you look at these guys they are a good tag team and deserve a propper shot.

Job - Primo & Epico
Great in the ring, they can put on a good match even if they loose....and they can make other teams look good. Rosa's hips.

Fire - Prime Time Playas
I like them, but one has to go.... Darren Young is the stronger of the team but in the ring and look/charisma wise. Titus is strong, huge and....well thats it. Generic, boring and needs Young to carry the team. AW doesnt seem to know what to say when he has that Mic on during the matches....he needs a little practice and maybe a script.

This Thread it brilliant....the choices are really hard because you always choose similar characters and talent.
Personally I would Push all three and take the titles from Kofi Truth....the new TagTeams can fight for the title and the division can build.

Push the Uso's. They are the best wrestlers out of the 3 teams listed, and while PTP might have the advantage on the mic thanks to Titus and AW, Uso's can hold their own on the stick from what I've heard, and they are very charismatic. They can get over, it's been proven: The got heat when they feuded with the Harts and they got good face reactions whenever they do something besides getting jobbed out.

Job PTP. I really like PTP and feel they could become a great tag team, but I just feel like the Uso's deserve the push more. They are a good team, but they do have their small weaknesses: Titus is a bit green in the ring and Darren isn't really as charismatic as Titus/AW. If they fix these issues, which they very well will considering they're still fresh as a team, then they could get a push.

Fire Primo y Epico. I like them, but not as much as the other 2. Process of elimination kills them here. Can we keep Rosa, though?

Well seeing how the PTP is getting a push toward the titles, I saw push them & see how far they go. Even though we can't really take the tag team division seriously, which is sad, they seem like a legit team & not just two guys thrown together because they have nothing to do in the singles area (which ironically is exactly what happened with Kofi & R-Truth). I see them getting the titles in a few months, maybe even at next month's Summerslam.

The Job one would have to go to the Usos. I like their style but I don't know if it meshes well with the other teams (how many teams are there anyway), and this is a dangerous area. Either way it goes, they have the possibility of being a team the fans really get behind after Kofi & R-Truth, but since they're not the champs & by default the odd team out, they'd get the job squad call for a few months. Maybe an eventual heel turn could help since they'd still play 2nd fiddle in the fans eyes to the champions.

And the fire sadly would have to go to Primo & Epico. They just have this TNA thing about them. Like they'd really do great in TNA where they flourish. In WWE they're floundering and don't really seem to have direction, which is sad because maybe 16 years they'd be a bad ass heel team, but due to the limited importance of tag teams, they really don't have much room for advancements. Sad too, because they look good, but have nobody to look good with them.

Wow this is tough
Push: Ptp i like this team the most don't know why but they entertain me the most
Job: usos this is a close call butt their slightly better
Fire: Primo & Epico hope this doesn't happen because i want to see a ladder match for the tittles with these for teams

Push - The UsosThey have the single most unique entrance in WWE right now, one that in fact honors their heritage, have a good look, and can work in the ring pretty well.
Job - Prime Time PlayersFirst, get rid of AW. He's god awful on the mic. He was god awful on ECW, and he hasn't gotten better. Young was the second Nexus member to exit that storyline, the fans can't seem to get behind him, and is like Cena's uncharismatic African-American cousin. Titus O'Neil only has the bark going for him.
Fire - Primo and EpicoThis is a tough one, because I like the potential that these guys have. But the only way that you can really salvage their WWE careers at this point is for WWE to re-sign and pair up Carlito with these two.

Push: The Usos. I've liked this team from the beginning. They're a bit raw in the ring, but they're also exciting. Their war chant ring entrance sets them apart, they've got a great look, and their chemistry is clearly solid. Also, as the only face team listed in this grouping, it makes sense from a business perspective to push these guys.

Job: Prime Time Players. I haven't seen enough from this team to get behind them, but I think there's potential. I like the pairing with AW and think they make for a reasonable team to sludge around the division without ever capturing the titles, sort of like the Headbangers or Godwinns of the 1990's (I realize both teams won the titles, but they did so in a fairly robust tag team landscape and were otherwise midcarders within the division).

Fire: Epico & Primo. There's a decent amount of in-ring talent here, but these guys an absolute black hole of charisma. Their look is generic, their personality is generic, and even their in-ring skill -- while good, as mentioned -- feels like it could be fairly easily duplicated. They get a better pop at the moment than the Prime Time Players do, but I think they've already maxed out their potential, whereas PTP have room for growth.

I would push PTP, if only because that Millions of Dollars thing is catchy and I like when Titus O'Neal makes his gorilla noises. Black John Cena is a stiff, but the tag team has potential.

I would job the Uso's. Oh wait, they're already jobbers with a fancy entrance.

I would fire Epico and Primo. They wasted 2 spots on the Rumble on these two stiffs. They have no charisma, no connection, and the only reason people cheer them is because Rosa is smoking hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back