One of Us is Going Down!! The Official Extreme Rules LD and Oral Sex Thread!!

Next WWE PPV Gimmick?

• All Cage Matches

• All Title Matches Involving Edge

• All Hog-Pen Matches

• WWE: Night of Kitchen Appliances

• Why is the Twist of Fate on the chair from Mania not getting more love?

• All Empty Arena Matches

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm down for New things, but there is something about Punk that I do not like. Outside of the fact I think he is boring. Let him prove me wrong, and hopefully his title reign doesn't flop like the last one.

Yes he would certainly risk the majority of his audience of millions to satisfy maybe 50,000 fans.

Is there a point here?

If you elevate a new character, wouldn't it be wise to add a new group of fans to the mix? Not really alienating the majority of the audience if you start him off as a face.

What I meant was if Punk is as bad as people say he is, then wouldn't Vince notice that before he gave him a big opening push like he did? It makes no sense for him to take that big of a risk just to satisfy ROH fans. He sees something great in Punk and that's why he keeps pushing him.

Vince gave CM Punk a chance and do you know what happened? The ratings for Raw increased when he was champion. Meaning people actually wanted to see him as champion.

I didn't bitch about Batista, but Hardy and Punk in one night is like a 1-2 punch of suck.

What I meant was if Punk is as bad as people say he is, then wouldn't Vince notice that before he gave him a big opening push like he did? It makes no sense for him to take that big of a risk just to satisfy ROH fans. He sees something great in Punk and that's why he keeps pushing him.

Don't you continually say that Warrior sucks? Warrior doesn't suck, but the fact remains that in theory a crap wrestler can get pushed.

That couldn't be more wrong.

They watched him initially because he was a new addition to the main event. They failed to watch him at the end of his title reign because it was terrible, and he's boring.

And sure, he can see potential in him. I wouldn't question he has potential, I just think, from everything I've seen up until now, he's boring.

Not liking every single face doesn't make you a smark.

Vince gave CM Punk a chance and do you know what happened? The ratings for Raw increased when he was champion. Meaning people actually wanted to see him as champion.

Yeah, and then they gave the belt to Chris Jericho, then John Cena, and the ratings still dropped. I think Vince's not placing the blame on Punk for a trend that's affecting WWE, even now.

Not liking every single face doesn't make you a smark.
But it is a sign of a much deeper personal problem when you identify most with the bad guys. And hating every good guy is sort of missing the point and being contrary just for the sake of it.

I digress once again. Good thing Punk isn't a face. :cool:

I didn't bitch about Batista, but Hardy and Punk in one night is like a 1-2 punch of suck.

Don't you continually say that Warrior sucks? Warrior doesn't suck, but the fact remains that in theory a crap wrestler can get pushed.

Yeah, actually he does suck.

But it is a sign of a much deeper personal problem when you identify most with the bad guys.

I digress once again. Good thing Punk isn't a face. :cool:

Being entertained by the bad guys isn't a bad thing. The Joker seemed to be pretty captivating last summer.

I'm not a sheep, I like who I like. If someone entertains me, I like them, if they are boring I don't.

And hating every good guy is sort of missing the point and being contrary just for the sake of it.
Great, now tell this to someone who has a problem with all of the faces.

Being entertained by the bad guys isn't a bad thing. The Joker seemed to be pretty captivating last summer.

I'm not a sheep, I like who I like. If someone entertains me, I like them, if they are boring I don't.

Great, now tell this to someone who has a problem with all of the faces.

Don't mind if you like heels at all. But I hope you realize, heels are designed for us to dislike. A good heel knows how to get you to boo them. Know why you love certain Disney villains? Because they were so evil, and when you were a kid, you hated that.

Same effect here, in my opinion. It's all really a taste thing

But... erm... Randy Orton?

;)

Just saying. Punk is a livewire by comparison.

And here we can settle peacefully.

If you like the lighter character, that's great. On the other hand I feel Orton has great depth to his character and relays his attitude to the ring very well. And his legend killer gimmick was the best gimmick in years, in my opinion.

It's not like I'm anti-face. I'm a Jeff Hardy fan, I like Cena, the Undertaker is kinda face.. I'm not begging for everyone to be heel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back