IMPACT Wrestling LD for 06.19.14 — Tommy Dreamer is Back... Yes, Seriously, He's Back

Can we go one show without someone saying how much they respect another wrestler?

Only in TNA... no idea why??!?! I recall when Matt Morgan said that to Stiener after he flat out ripped him a new one.. LOL

Or AJ respects Sting.. at BFG years ago..

No idea why you're not allowed to hate someone in the ring and show it... blah. I would think it'll be easier to show emotion that way.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if Lashley doesn't win tonight, what will have changed after this show is over?

For damn sure he's dominated in terms of air time. 3/3 in terms of match quality tonight, but waaaaaaaay too much MVP.

Destination X is later this month right? Or at least the taping is, but there's zero mention whatsoever of the title. Good to know.

So much of the roster wasn't used tonight.
Probably why they had people work multiple matches and had so many talking segments.

I really hope it doesn't happen but I could see Dreamer turning on Bully and helping Dixie at some point.

Tonight was reminiscent of the last year of WCW the way talent was being kicked out. Surprising that Lashley got the nod, but not bad. The cherry on top was Roode.

Rough show format, but EY dropping the title to Lashley is big — even bigger than on it's own with Roode returning, because if you ask me, I think TNA has kinda finally realized that EY can't continue to carry that title around. He's an admirable worker, but he's not the guy to be carrying the company's world title around. Clearly. Ratings have tanked every week with him as champion, so this should clear up the main event a bit if Roode steps in in his place.

Please explain how the show was horrible?

It wasn't, but the format was rough. I get that they had to set this whole stacking-the-deck story established, and that part of that was throwing all the talent that might have helped EY out the door, but I could have gone for an X Division or Knockouts match, or any mid-card feud in place of at least one of the dozen or more talking segments that happened tonight.

Please explain how the show was horrible?

Too much talking, too much MVP, Tommy Dreamer, the same stories being used on the entire show, the whole show being booked on the fly, the same stories we've heard over and over again, still too much MVP.

Rough show format, but EY dropping the title to Lashley is big — even bigger than on it's own with Roode returning, because if you ask me, I think TNA has kinda finally realized that EY can't continue to carry that title around. He's an admirable worker, but he's not the guy to be carrying the company's world title around. Clearly. Ratings have tanked every week with him as champion, so this should clear up the main event a bit if Roode steps in in his place.

Indeed. Young wasn't horrible as champion but I don't think people bought him as the top guy. Also he at least comes off as meaning something unlike Sabin.

It wasn't, but the format was rough. I get that they had to set this whole stacking-the-deck story established, and that part of that was throwing all the talent that might have helped EY out the door, but I could have gone for an X Division or Knockouts match, or any mid-card feud in place of at least one of the dozen or more talking segments that happened tonight.

THIS. In the review I said something like the Knockouts segment was nothing we haven't seen before but I'll take anything to give me a break from MVP at the moment.

Yeah, I don't think either guy should have been World Champ, but holy fuck, Sabin was clearly worse. At least EY ran with the ball a few yards as a fighting champion, taking on all comers. The Sabin run was... forgettable at best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back