WWE Over the Limit 2011 LD – With Some Added Pomp and Circumstance

I just feel like the ass crushing could have been a bit more crazy after all the Miz put Cena through, he should finally have gotten what was coming to him, piece by piece. The I quit in the STF was fine, just wish the beat down would have lasted a little longer. But oh well.

I whole heatedly agree with this

It should have been much longer and it would have made Miz look so much better, even if he is a pussy heel.

Actually, that made Miz look like gold. Why? His character is even more of a pussy now than ever before, and that is what you want out of The Miz.

I will seriously harp on this point until people stop saying it.

Does that make me insane?

Possibly.

It also works, becuase although he quits like a pussy, he will come out talking JUST as much shit as ever tomorrow night, which will make him look more like a tit than ever before.

Which is what they want

Actually, that made Miz look like gold. Why? His character is even more of a pussy now than ever before, and that is what you want out of The Miz.

I disagree, c'mon, the Miz isn't that bad. If a finish like this happened in Dec/Jan, okay. But I think after a decent championship reign (despite lack of any clean pins), reports about the WWE having Miz as a serious player in their future plans, and him building himself up as a man who has been always doubted -- a completely clean Miz vs extremely battered Cena deserved more than a 40 second beatdown before cena finished him off with the STF

Actually, forget it. I retract my statement about Miz getting buried/looking like shit. What really hurts me is that he continued to look like shit when I feel given what he's accomplished and the other things I just explained, he could've and deserved to look at least HALF respectable in that situation against Cena. At least 2 minutes. Even with Miz winning his last match on RAW unclean against mysterio, it felt like he has been gaining steam and looking less like a joke within every week on RAW even if his matches don't support that (and obviously because he's the pussy heel type).

I disagree, c'mon, the Miz isn't that bad. If a finish like this happened in Dec/Jan, okay. But I think after a decent championship reign (despite lack of any clean pins), reports about the WWE having Miz as a serious player in their future plans, and him building himself up as a man who has been always doubted -- a completely clean Miz vs extremely battered Cena deserved more than a 40 second beatdown before cena finished him off with the STF

Miz looking weak + not admitting it to the fans = additional heat. He's going to lie, cheat, steal, etc. When you look at it that way, the weaker the better.

Actually, forget it. I retract my statement about Miz getting buried/looking like shit. What really hurts me is that he continued to look like shit when I feel given what he's accomplished and the other things I just explained, he could've and deserved to look at least HALF respectable in that situation against Cena. At least 2 minutes. Even with Miz winning his last match on RAW unclean against mysterio, it felt like he has been gaining steam and looking less like a joke within every week on RAW even if his matches don't support that (and obviously because he's the pussy heel type).

Deserve? Sure, I'll agree that Miz deserves a spot at the top (even if I don't, seeing I have never liked the guy). His spot is that of a cowardly heel. The more cowardly he looks/acts, the better his character looks. I say, again, looking "strong" means nothing for this kind of heel. Nothing, at all.

I didn't watch it, but from the sounds of it I have to side with Norcal that the biggest flaw with the match is that The Miz deserved a beatdown of a lifetime and Cena didn't give it to him. For example, when Cena had Miz in the STF, and Miz muttered "I", Cena could have then slapped the microphone away, let go of the hold, and start to give more punishment like FUing him through a table or something. Then he could have replied the STF, slap the mic away again when Miz is about to quit, and then do another big move. Do this two or three more times, until finally Miz is at the point where he could even barely mutter the words "I Quit."

Not only does that put the feud to rest for good, but Cena could also say he was sending a message out to the Rock and to anyone who tries to take the WWE Championship away from him before Wrestlemania.

It's time to make Cena a fucking bad ass, not some comeback kid. We've seen that shit enough.

The Miz/Cena feud blew the moment they ignored their 2009 history.

But just out of curiosity? Since when does a heel under 290 pounds need to look strong?

How on earth is their 2009 feud relevant to there current feud at all?, this is really just more grasping at straws and bitching about something for the sake of bitching

The fact that Cena thought of Miz as a pest but by 2011, Miz was the WWE Champion? The fact Miz turned around after their feud? Given how the feud revolved around Miz turning his life around and becoming the WWE Champion, one would think 2009 would be a focal point.

And besides, I'm sick of the heel want's to keep Cena down story. They brought up the 2008 incident for the Orton/Punk feud. What stopped them from doing the same to Miz and Cena?

Why the shit would the even acknowledge a point in time when the Miz's best moments were claiming victory over Cena never showing up? And the very few matches they actually did have - Cena almost always squashed Miz.

Miz has evolved far better than those days. Bringing them back up, or keeping them relevant to this year's feud would only hurt Miz's Heavyweight spot even worse by making him look even MORE fluke-ish and unworthy of his spot.

Which, for what it's worth - Miz owned Cena (with Riley, of course) throughout 98% of this match - and barely had to defend himself from Cena in ANY fashion. Only to instantly scream "I Quit!" once Cena locked in the STFU. That in and of itself also makes Miz look incredibly weak and pathetic, (true heel character though) especially when you consider how much Cena took on in punishment - compared to Miz barely taking anything, yet still quitting after ONE submission hold.

I love how all these Cena marks sound exactly like the indy marks of a couple of years ago. It's a true representation of how strange human beings are.

And heel IS suppose to look SOMEWHAT strong against a face and Miz quit after a piss poor beating which makes me think what justification is there for Miz to ever beat Cena again if all Cena needs is 30 seconds to end him?

Turned out Sky were giving it away for free. Pretty fitting, seeing as I'd value it at about £0. The world heavyweight title match was the only thing on the card worth watching. I punched the air so hard it ran away and I nearly suffocated when Christian hit the spear.

I love how all these Cena marks sound exactly like the indy marks of a couple of years ago. It's a true representation of how strange human beings are.

So, anyone saying a heel (Miz) doesn't have to look strong against a babyface (Cena) is a Cena mark? Well, I know I'm definitely not a Cena mark, so if that's what you're getting at, you're wrong.

And heel IS suppose to look SOMEWHAT strong against a face and Miz quit after a piss poor beating which makes me think what justification is there for Miz to ever beat Cena again if all Cena needs is 30 seconds to end him?

Certain types of heels need to look strong. Monster heels, guys like Sheamus, for example. Cowardly heels do not need to look strong, and Miz is most definitely a cowardly heel-type. Losing like this is great for his character, actually.

How can people find the motivation to seriously participate and waste time debating on something so fucking sipteful?

While I have no idea what sipteful means, are you not wasting your time as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back