Official Wrestle Mania 23 Thread.

The mystery of the disappearing thread continues...anyway, I think that the fans are going to have to decide who they cheer for in the face vs face matches, or they could be completely uninterested in them. The crowd looks to have sided with Taker and Cena though, so a heel turn for HBK and Batista would be interesting. I think an angle between Vince and Trump could involve the ECW stars. A team of Vince's wrestlers vs Trump's team of ECW originals (although that would be further dessicration of that name.)

Ric Flair could start a heel angle against the young guys of the company that leads to a match or angle at WM. Either that, or Carlito could turn heel again and disrespect the legends.

Edge and Orton is now a definite I think. Cena and HBK could prove to be a good match if HBK can carry the somewhat deadweight that is John Cena. Batista and Taker, I can honestly say that I can see the WWE making Taker job to Batista which would be quite possibly the worst thing they have done for a long time (and that is saying something.)

The obligatory womens match looks interesting, and a fatal four way with Melina, Victoria, Mickie and Candice/Maria looks likely, although I hope that Melina and Candice or Maria don't ruin it.

The mid card guys look likely to just be thrown into the MITB match so at least guys like Benjamin and Punk will get a match there hopefully. At least everything looks a little clearer now after a long wait for things to heat up.

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE
Batista(C) vs Taker

WWE Title
Cena(C) vs HBK

World Tag Team Title
Triple Threat TLC Match

Hardyz Vs MNM Vs WGTT(C)

WWE Tag Team Title
Kendick/London(C) vs Deuce/Domino

Cruiserweight Championship
Helms(C) vs Chavo Guerrero

Women's Title
Mickie James(C) vs Victoria

Flair vs Kenny

I.C. Title
Carlito vs Masters

Foley with Trump vs Shane with Vince

Booker T vs Fit Finlay

ECW Title
Lashley vs Hardcore Holly

number one u have no idea what you are talking about, Randy orton this randy orton that, wake up call have useen randy orton wrestle??????, taker and hbk are apsolutly 500% better than him, with the mic, and in the ring, i remember the last time Orton and Taker wrestled, Orton made many mistakes and taker you could see in takers eyes he wasnt happy about it. Orton isnt a WWE champion and is complelety out of wack, his problems with girlsin theback, he actully urinated in i think it was marias suitcase. For crying out loud, if u sont like wwe, then dont come to a wrestlemani 23 thread and start blabbing, if u wanna blab about how tna is so great, then go to the tna thread and unleash ur happiness about them. IF u dont like wwe then change the channel. HEyman, goldberg, rock, austin etc wont be heading to tna, so keep dreaming.

you got to think of that orton has only been around for a few years and not 15 freakin years and orton is much better on the mic then hbk and no one will ever be better than taker but orton is a great wrestler and is great on the mic to and orton didnt make mistakes in his matches ive seen his matches all live and he dont

Wrestlemania 23 Card

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Batista(c) vs The Undertaker

WWE Championship Match
John Cena(c) vs Shawn Michaels

ECW World Championship Match
Bobby Lashley(c) vs Elijah Burke

Hardcore Match
Shane McMahon w/Vince McMahon vs Mick Foley w/Donald Trump

WWE Tag Team Championship TLC Triple Threat Match
London and Kendrick(c) vs MNM vs The Hardy Boyz

Interpromotional 6 Man Money In The Bank Match
CM Punk vs Marquis Cor Von vs Kenny Dykstra vs Carlito vs Mr. Kennedy vs William Regal

Grudge Match
Randy Orton vs Edge

United States Championship Match
Chris Benoit(c) vs Finlay vs The Boogeyman

Women's Championship Match
Mickie James(c) vs Melina

Grudge Match
Kane vs King Booker

Intercontinental Championship Number One Contender Match
Chris Masters vs Ric Flair

Cruiserweight Championship Match
Gregory Helms(c) vs Rey Mysterio

Wrestlemania 23 Results

Batista(c) vs The Undertaker

I could see the Undertaker winning the match and continuing his legacy as the World Heavyweight Champion.

WWE Championship Match
John Cena(c) vs Shawn Michaels

I think Shawn Michaels will win and the pair will engage a handshake and a hug after the match and raise their titles high.

Bobby Lashley(c) vs Elijah Burke

Elijah Burke has no chance in hell of winning.

Hardcore Match
Shane McMahon w/Vince McMahon vs Mick Foley w/Donald Trump

Mick Foley will win with help from Donald Trump.

WWE Tag Team Championship TLC Triple Threat Match
London and Kendrick(c) vs MNM vs The Hardy Boyz

I see The Hardy Boyz winning the match and Jeff Hardy goes to Smackdown.

CM Punk vs Marquis Cor Von vs Kenny Dykstra vs Carlito vs Mr. Kennedy vs William Regal

Carlito has a chance of winning this as I see him as the WWE Champion in the near future.

Grudge Match
Randy Orton vs Edge

Edge would probably win this match somehow.

Chris Benoit(c) vs Finlay vs The Boogeyman

Chris Benoit will retain the title in this match.

Melina will fail again.

Grudge Match
Kane vs King Booker

The Big Red Machine will beat the King and hopefully Booker will drop his royalty gimmick.

Intercontinental Championship Number One Contender Match
Chris Masters vs Ric Flair

Woooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gregory Helms(c) vs Rey Mysterio

Rey will come back and win the title from Helms.​

Confirmed :

Batista vs. The Undertaker

WWE Championship Match
John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels

Guess :

Bobby Lashley vs. Marcus Cor Von (Monty Brown)

Hardcore Match
Shane McMahon and the Great Khali w/Vince McMahon vs Hulk Hogan and Mick Foley w/Donald Trump

Tag Team Turmoil
World's Greatest Tag Team vs. Cryme Tyme vs. Deuce and Domino vs. London and Kendrick vs. MNM vs. The Hardy Boyz

CM Punk vs. Elijah Burke vs. Super Crazy vs. Kenny Dykstra vs. Carlito vs. Chris Masters

I Quit Match
Mr. Kennedy vs. JBL

Grudge Match
Randy Orton vs Edge

Chris Benoit(c) vs Finlay vs William Regal vs. Ric Flair

Grudge Match
Kane vs King Booker

Chavo Guerrero vs. Gregory Helms

Can't wait til Mania!!

My two favorite wrestlers of all time - Undertaker and Shawn Michaels both walking out with championships. It's about time for both guys, especially Taker since he's never had a long title reign. His first was only a few days, his second a couple months, third was a couple months, and fourth was only one or two months. I see him carrying the belt at least until Survivor Series, that would be awesome. As for HBK, I think he should carry the belt until HHH returns and HBK should turn heel to set up a match between the two for the championship with Triple H winning and becoming an 11 time champion.

taker will lose IMO, which has been reported, for what has seemed like 10 months. i believe hbk will win, and when hhh comes back, will turn on hbk saying he should be champ.

backlash main event: hbk vs hhh
winner: hbk, coming out on top

^^Uh, HHH's goal is to come back for Summerslam, so I find it hard to believe he'll be able to main event backlash.

Please guys, no more cards. There is a thread for WM predictions and that includes cards so post them there. This is for Wrestlemania discussion so let's keep it at that. Anyway, I think that Rey Mysterio and Mark Henry could play a part in this years Wrestlemania surprisingly, but I don't think Rey will do a lot of wrestling.

It will be interesting to see who Teddy Long was talking to on his phone as well where he said he would see him at WM23. Mysterio I guess.

This year, I hope that they include some mid card matches like an IC match. The MITB match isn't enough and there isn't enough main event guys to fill the card this year. I hope that they build up a MITB match soon, and I hope that it happens in the first place. Then again, I shouldn't expect much from the WWE but I hope they can prove many wrong at WM. I just hope it isn't a disappointment but I am preparing myself for that.

It appear's that there will be an 8 or 10 man tag with the ECW Original's vs. The New Breed. This seem's like a cheap way of trying to get all of them on the card. Out of all the people that might be involved in the match (R.V.D, Sabu, Dreamer, Sandman, Mahoney, Thorne, Striker, Cor Von, Burke and Possibly Punk) only R.V.D. really need's on the card. Does W.M. really need Kevin Thorne and Balls Mahoney? And Striker and Burke were'nt even deemed worthy enough to be entered into the Rumble.

If Rey Mysterio is coming back, then they should put him in a triple threat against Chavo and Benoit. Rey needs a good US title bout to keep him right there in the high card, which a CW bout wouldn't do (even though the Helms vs Rey match will probably happen). Plus, there is no doubt that this match would be awesome. Both rey and benoit have been feuding with chavo the last few months so this would be a great way to end it on a high note.

undertaker n batistas match should be a hell in the cell that would be sick... and hbk and cenas match should be a ladder match.. that would be so exciting.. wuts your thoughts on types of match they should have?

No Gimmick Matches in the main event. I would think that the WWE would build on a Taker/Batista Hell in a Cell Match and not have one right out the gate. A Cena/Michaels Ladder match doesnt really make any sense because there might possibly be another ladder match on the card anyways. Wrestlemania Main Events are not places for gimmick matches. We still need to have a little tradition in this world.

batista and taker,no way someone like batista would stop a 14-0 streaklol no way. HBK cena should be a ladder match yes or evn 3 stages of hell.

After hearing the latsest news and whatever, this is what I think might happen at Mania.

Hogan won't show up..god damn awesome news if it's true

JBL and Foley will be involved at Mania..hell stick em' in a Street Fight, Foley puts JBL over in his "final" match with a Clothesline from Hell into the Tacks

Edge/Orton have gotta have a match, and yes Austin should be the ref so he can have a Stunnerfest and a couple beers at the end

If Hogan really is out, then hmm..Vince can manage Cena (good heal heat for Cena) and Trump can manage Michaels..should be good if it happens

Hmm thats about it for now, looks like this years WM will be pretty good

After hearing the latsest news and whatever, this is what I think might happen at Mania.

Hogan won't show up..god damn awesome news if it's true

JBL and Foley will be involved at Mania..hell stick em' in a Street Fight, Foley puts JBL over in his "final" match with a Clothesline from Hell into the Tacks

Edge/Orton have gotta have a match, and yes Austin should be the ref so he can have a Stunnerfest and a couple beers at the end

If Hogan really is out, then hmm..Vince can manage Cena (good heal heat for Cena) and Trump can manage Michaels..should be good if it happens

Hmm thats about it for now, looks like this years WM will be pretty good

My Projected WrestleMania 23 Card would be as follows:

MAIN EVENT 2/2: World Heavyweight Championship
Batista (c) vs. The Undertaker
I can see this being the final match on the card because every time Undertaker had a title match at WrestleMania it was a main-event. Plus Undertaker is literally Mr. WrestleMania.

MAIN EVENT 1/2: WWE Championship
John Cena (c) vs. Shawn Michaels

Money In The Bank Ladder Match
CM Punk vs. Carlito vs. Elijah Burke vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Finlay vs. Kenny Dykstra

ECW World Championship
Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Marcus Cor Von

WWE Tag Team Championships
London + Kendrick (c's) vs. The Hardy's vs. MNM vs. The World's Greatest Tag Team

JBL vs. Mr. Kennedy

Randy Orton vs. Edge with Stone Cold Steve Austin as the special guest referee

United States Championship
Chris Benoit (c) vs. King Booker vs. Kane vs. Rey Mysterio

Cruiserweight Championship
Cruiserweight Open

I'm sure there will be more matches, I'm just to lazy to think right now

CM Punk (ECW)
Sabu (ECW)
Matt Hardy (SD)
Mr.Kennedy (SD)
Kenny (RAW)
Jeff Hardy (RAW)
That would be great... The hardy's against each other, Sabu high flying, and Kenny or Mr.Kennedy with the win.

I like the idea of 9 people being in it. Plus this would be a great opportunity to put over younger guys, especially ECW.

ECW:
Matt Striker- This guy can flat out wrestle and this would be a great opportunity to show you what he can do.

Sabu- Just the name should ring bells as of why this is a great choice and if they are going to fire him, might as well kill him off while making someone else into a star.

Kevin Thorn- Imagine him doing his crucifix pwer bomb to Sabu off the top of a ladder through a table.

Raw:
Super Crazy- There are pushing him like crazy and want latino stars, plus you need to put him in a match where he can be crazy.

Johnny Nitro- He has the ability and agility to make this a good match.

Kenny Dykstra- I see Jeff defending the IC title against Masters, Carlito and Flair at mania and Kenny is the only one to fit in here since Carlito is in the doghouse.

Smackdown:
Joey Mercury- The man can sell a move with the best of them and is known for being a tough son of a gun after his face injury.

Matt Hardy- He is the pro of this match and with the other competitors in it I can see him meshing really well.

Mr. Kennedy- The main draw of this match and the winner of it aswell. This will put him over the top and into the main event scene.

I'm sticking with the 9, cause it is an awesome idea

Mr. Kennedy, he will win it, cause his attitude and fan heat are a combo that no one can deny (SD)

Matt Hardy, The fan favorite to win it because and only because its Matt Hardy, people love him and its only a matter of time before he does win it all, look at his feud with Edge. (SD)

Joey Mercury, I agree with the fact that he is one tough S.O.B. for coming back shortly after what happened to him, and hopefully puts a new face (no pun intended) in the U.S. title division for Smackdown, cause he won't win this one. (SD)

Kenny Dykstra, good athlete and I see him doing some of the things that Shelton did for the match (Raw)

Jeff Hardy, only because Raw really doesn't have a match for him as of yet. And the Intercontiental Champ has been in it before anyway. (Raw)

Chris Masters, gotta get him some more buzz, adding him to the match and letting him do his thing might make people finally turn their heads in his direction, cause the Masterlock challenge has become the "go get soda and food" break during the show. (Raw)

Sabu, like someone else had it put, enough said on that one. It's Sabu

R.V.D., with that whole drug thing making him shoot down in the ranks, they might give him a second chance.

Tommy Dreamer, having all E.C.W. originals may make the match a little more exciting. And Tommy is E.C.W. all the way. (can't see how people looked him over.)

Masters could be replaced by Johnny Nitro though, to add kind of a team vs team thing in the mix, with MNM and the Hardyz

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back