• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Official] TNA TV Shows Aftermath, Review & Ratings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
iMPACT this week was the worst iMPACT in a long time, the one good thing was Wolfe vs. Daniels.

But that's only 10 minutes of a 2hr show.

iMPACT this week was the worst iMPACT in a long time, the one good thing was Wolfe vs. Daniels.

But that's only 10 minutes of a 2hr show.

Impact was good this week and I think you're nuts if you think otherwise:

-ODB vs. Roxxi was a good match
-Tatanka vs. Jay Lethal was a good match.
-Nash setting up Foley with the incredible Hulk instead of Hogan was hilarious.
-Wolfe/Daniels delivered a TV classic.
-Jarrett's interaction with Foley, Dixie, and Kurt Angle made for some good tv.

It was the best Impact show in a long time.

I actually thought Impact was pretty decent this week. The Daniels/Wolfe match was really good and the main event did a really good job of building up for the PPV. Both of the KO's matches were pretty solid as well. I lol'd at Kong sitting on Rayne to get the win. That was just great.

The backstage segments were more or less a waste of time. How many times do we need to see Foley and Jarrett talking? The meeting with Dixie was also just extremely akward and strange to watch. Nash's promo was a positive though, haven't seen him actually care about something for awhile.

The Lumberjack match was pretty horrendous, but what do you expect when you have Ray in the ring for a singles match? The best part was the backstage interview when Pope was talking and Morgan and Hernandez were doing something, and Suicide is just standing in the back doing the gun gesture. Quite hilarious.

Overall, decent show that got the fans ready for the PPV, but way too much time on the Foley/Jarrett thing.

While i felt that Impact! was a little heavy on talking, I still think it was an extremely strong show.

The opening was fantastic.

The surprises were excellent.

The talking points weren't terrible.

There were a million different things set up.

The main event was gold.

I think this was a great start to better things from TNA. I hope it was enough to re-start a weekly Monday Night show.

Opinions?

The opening of the show was a complete clusterfuck...how does a cage match result in a no contest? WTF???

Hogan's speech was initially good, but when NWO basically came out...it just killed the moment. You could tell that the crowd kind of died when it happened.

Angle-Styles was amazing....only beginning of the year, yet it already has match of the year potential.

Also, on a side note...anyone notice that Hogan's theme is a NWO-remix? o_O

Personally, I wasn't expecting that. I've watched TNA for awhile now and I always walked away of the product being cold and crummy when it was all said and done from a storyline and gimmick point of view. But tonight has me basking. I thought for sure that Dixie Carter is for real and they seriously did all they could ALL in one night. Completely different atmosphere and magic in the air. My brother, who hasn't watched wrestling in YEARS, sat there through the whole 3 hour segment (which went fast) entertained. TNA proved a point and I think the sky's the limit in the next couple years and beyond.

I watches Hart and Shawn make amends tonight, but other than that my TV stayed tuned into impact. I thought it was a very strong show, and it set up so many new angles. I would have to say that no matter what the ratings say, TNA had the stronger show tonight, and if they can keep this level of excitement in their product, they will have the momentum as well.

Great jumping off point for the new TNA direction. Jeff Hardy is there, Ric Flair is there, but why? Is Hogan going to be a heel or a face? Who was the masked man?

I didn't like the opening match, it felt like the timing was off. Also, the cage is bulky and obtrusive to viewing from outside of it. The production values need some work, notably the cameramen. And they need to switch to the 4 sided ring. 6 sided jsut looks awkward. Other then that, I thought it was pretty great for what it was. Every show can't be like that, of course, there will be more matches, but for a starting point for a company-wide shift, it was great, and the Main Event was very cool.

The opening match was indeed a clusterfuck. I didnt give 2 shits about old man Flair being there or The Fat Boyz I mean Nasty Boys. But other then that it was awesome! I missed Velvet and Madisons Booty Shots coming into the ring but eh oh well. The Main Event was GREAT STUFF, although not as good as their last imo. Hogan was fine but I didnt care for Hall and Waltman. Hopefully Anderson and Angelina will be at tomorrows tapings.

It went above and beyond all of my expectations. I marked out for Jeff Hardy, I marked out for Hulk, I marked out for Ric, I marked out for the main event. Tons of storylines were created and/or advanced, and the actual action tonight was great. I haven't seen Raw yet, but there is no way it was nearly as good as Impact tonight.

the show didn't live up to my expectations, but tonight I did see TNA start to mold itself into something that could be a threat to WWE. It was a sloppy show from beginning to end, with cool guest appearance that met nothing to the show overall.

Tonite did not start the new TNA, and I didn't see any change at all. However the next couple weeks could very bring forth the change that should have been started tonite. Tonight TNA brought forth it's new roster(with more guys coming I assume), and that was the point. To show the new and old guys that are coming to TNA. IT was the only purpose of the show. IT wasn't about wrestling all.

Hopefully with everything set in place next week, we'll have a spart of the New TNA product we are all hoping to see.

So has Val Venis replaced Kip James in the Beautiful People? IMO the guy has nothing else to offer TNA at this point.

Where was Steiner? Shouldnt he have been included in the terrorably awkward "Band / NWO" Segment? Thank god Bischoff saved the segment.

It appears that Jeff Hardy and Shannon Moore are there to take over the X-Division from the professional jobbers. Through in Orlando Jordan and the X-Division is just as strong as it was during the days of Styles and Daniels.

IMO Bischoff destroys Vince at promo's and segments. Tonight it wasnt the WWE watered down Bischoff, it was the WCW Bischoff. He had that look in his eye and there is fire behind it. Something the Jim Cornettes of the world never had.

The show was awesome. It started rough, there were a few butterflies in people's stomachs I'm sure, but it lived up to the hype. I think what we saw was a historic Impact, and a historic wrestling show for that matter.

1/4/10 is now a date in wrestling history. The date when the Monday Night Wars officially kicked off again in the new decade. Great show, and I'm still marking out for it...Hardy, Flair, Hogan, nWo, Foley, AJ, I felt like a little kid. Shit, I should be in bed I gotta get to work tomorrow.

It had pretty much everything I was expecting and more.

I wasn't expecting all those random wrestlers to show up, a new one was popping up every commercial break.

Good matches. The women's tag team match was pretty good. AJ and Angle can never do a bad match.

Good setups for later storylines. I'm just wondering how they're going to fit everybody in, they're bursting at the seams with new wrestlers.

It definitely had a different feel to it. Maybe a little more WCW feel, a little more traditional in matches, but still that definite TNA feel was still there as well.

I really have nothing to complain about, overall PPV quality. And considering they never do stuff live, it all seemed to go pretty smoothly.

TNA IMO still has ways to go before they can ever crack WWE's armor. But tonight was not really about that. It was about sending a message. If WWE doesn't step up, they will have trouble on their hands. A Cena-free RAW is good RAW by default!

here are my opinions on the TNA show.......

-The Steel Asylum sucks ass a gimmick. You can see into the cage from the outside. It would have been better as Six Sides of Steel or they could have pulled out Ultimate X. But as far as the match goes, i feel the same as everyone else, bullsh*t! Was anyone else thinkin Homicide was gonna fall and break his neck tryin to get out the Asylum?
-The Jeff Hardy chairshot was awesome
-Hogan's interview didnt feel from the heart, but still good. Hall looked drunk!
-Great in ring action all over. I like the Knockouts Tag Team title match. WWE had Maryse on, and i still watched the TNA Knockouts, Taylor Wilde is hot
-Where do Orlando Jordan, Sean "Val Venis" Moorly, and Shannon Moore fit in TNA
-Love Flair, but c'mon, let him do something
-Angle vs Styles will never get old
-I was saddened by them starting an angle with The Nasty Boys
-What happened to Barbed Wire Massacre?

Overall, GREAT show. Dixie Carter looked hot by the way, good production.

I spent a lot of the time EXTREMELY conflicted as to what to watch because i am a HUGE mark for Bret Hart. The only problem was WWE was absolutely terrible today. Bret didn't apply the sharpshooter, he didn't even talk with the hart dynasty. He did NOTHING!!!!!! TNA was so much better i doubt i will even change the channel to U.S.A next week because i honestly couldn't care less about iron mike tyson unless he's knocking out zach galifinakis in the hangover and i don't think they can show that movie on U.S.A yet.

IMO Bischoff destroys Vince at promo's and segments. Tonight it wasnt the WWE watered down Bischoff, it was the WCW Bischoff. He had that look in his eye and there is fire behind it. Something the Jim Cornettes of the world never had.

Something Cornette never had? Are you umm being serious? lol...Jim Cornette is the definition of a passionate promo and being "fired up" He let's you know he's not just a authority figure but a real wrestling fan! That was just absurd...

Also, on a side note...anyone notice that Hogan's theme is a NWO-remix? o_O

Yeah, I noticed that too. How long you figure till Vince sues them for that?
Overall, I really can't speak of the TNA show. I watched the first hour, as painful as it was. After that, I switched to Raw to watch Bret Hart. I flipped back a couple of times, but they just couldn't grab my attention. Just too many old guys that shouldn't be on tv.

Not that Raw was all that great either, but I still think they did a great job in the DX/Jerishow match and the Kingston/Orton match.

it was ok i give it a 5 rating. i had a few problems with it.

1. Way too many commercials

2. way too many former wwe talent showing up

3. More talking less wrestling

if they really want to show mcmahon and wwe what they got i suggest they do better then that. But i have to say the main event ROCKED,1 other thing this thing between hogan and jarrett should be pretty interesting.

Only two complaints.......
1. Where was the barbwire massacre?
2. Dq in steel is dumb

Other than that id say TNA is gonna own the E

Hogan is heel and jarrett is face...the fans made that decison tonite.

TNA was great,a step up from what they have been doing and i just got done forwarding through raw and it was pretty much the same old crap they have been doing. The only good part about Raw was seeing Bret Hart again so i feel its just a matter of time before TNA takes over the ratings.

I loved the TNA show. I thought it delivered through and through. I like the mix of older guys and younger guys. I love the old Nasty Boys sparking a feud with the new Nasty Boys (Team 3D). I loved Jeff Hardy's debut and I don't like Jeff Hardy. I loved the setup for the Foley/Jarret vs. Hogan/Bischoff/Carter feud. I loved seeing the nWo back together. At the same time as "the band getting together", Bret and Shawn were making up on RAW and I was glued to IMPACT! I want to know is what is Flair's role going to be? Is he going to be a mentor type to AJ, or is he going to start a feud with AJ? I am very curious to see what his 1st angle is going to be. All in all I thought TNA did a great job and if they can keep up programming like this, the sky is the limit!

Something Cornette never had? Are you umm being serious? lol...Jim Cornette is the definition of a passionate promo and being "fired up" He let's you know he's not just a authority figure but a real wrestling fan! That was just absurd...

Cornette's promo has always IMO came off fake or weak. Cornette just doesnt have the Charisma that Bischoff has. Bischoff comes out and it doesnt feel fake (unless he is working for Vince). IMO there is no better authority figure in wrestling today than Eric Bischoff. Not even Vince.

Not that Raw was all that great either, but I still think they did a great job in the DX/Jerishow match and the Kingston/Orton match.

Yeah, only problem was those were the ONLY parts of the show worth watching. Bret was the main attraction and they most definitley f***ed it up. They f***ed it up BAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back