• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Official] TNA TV Shows Aftermath, Review & Ratings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week's Impact show had everything I and the rest of the IWC wanted to see but I wasn't that impressed. I guess it was just because of the huge build up and matches to Bound For Glory the past weeks. I hate the Desmond Wolfe name, but I think Angle and Nigel will have great matches. I just think the main event was thrown together with no build up what so ever. I know these 3 will tear the house down at Turning Point, I just hope TNA builds up a good feud with these 3.

It was only one Impact so I shouldn't complain. It got great ratings and had some great matches. Well, the matches were a little watered down compared to what we normally see but it was all good. Motor City got the spot. What is going to happen with that Coture chick and Tara anyway? I would think they would put that on Impact. It's good to see the MEM broken up, kinda. I'm sure Nigel can be a big heel but TNA really needs a Huge Heel and Face to spark things up. I just don't know who that could be now.

Anyways, Impact was a bit slow in a few parts but we got to see a great debut with Nigel beating down Angle. I could care less about Lashley and Steiner, but they may surprise me later.

Well it looks like Hogan and Bischoff will be contributing to TNA. I think this is TNA's chance to go mainstream. It is basically make or break. If TNA can't be successful with Hogan or Bischoff then they can't be successful with anyone.

The 10/29 episode of impact was awesome, the young talent are still getting pushed, the intensity was there, the storylines are good. I don't know about anyone else but I'm lovin TNA right now and have been since about the time Russo took over creative control. I can totally tell by how TNA Impact is being presented that it has Vince Russo written all over it.
The addition of Bishoff and Hogan will make it even better in my opinion. All these guys (Russo, Bishoff, Hogan) have 1 thing in common and it is big, they all have a dislike for Vince McMahon, and I believe they all will co-exist together and make TNA better.

I really liked last night's Impact compared to last week. They did a nice job promoting Hogan and building up feuds with the likes of Angle/Wolfe, Rhino/Team 3D, Styles/Morgan/Joe, Eric Young/Nash, Lashley/Steiner, and Kong/Tara.

I loved Steiner's t-shirt. I'm not sure what they are doing with Foley and Abyss. I kinda wanted to see that feud continue for a while. Where is this Coture chick that Tara is suppose to be feuding with? I guess TNA just dropped that idea all together. I love to see The Beautiful People enter the ring, I just can't stand watching them wrestle in it. Especially when Lacey is in the ring. They really need to train her some more before letting her in the ring again.

She is nice to look at but she is going to hurt someone or herself really soon if they are not careful. Speaking of not careful, Bubba almost paralyzed Sabin last night. That was pretty vicious, I don't why the continued. It wasn't like these match had people on the edge of their seats. Thankfully Sabin was alright, I couldn't imagine the trouble TNA would got into if he was seriously hurt when they continued the match.

We didn't see too much from Wolfe and Angle. I really hope these two will tear the rough off at the PPV. I have seen a few matches with Nigel on ROH and I think these two can really mix it up in the ring. I loved that Eric Young renamed the Legends Title to the Global Championship. It really needed a change since there aren't too many legends in TNA anyways. Matt Morgan and Hernadez were kinda thrown together last night.

I hope TNA can get some new programming so they can show more of the X Division and the rest of their talent. I thought this was a pretty decent show, nothing spectacular but good. I can't wait to see the next few weeks on how Hogan will or will not make an Impact. Overall I give Impact 7/10 Stars.

TNA Impact! Is now the people’s choice for the best 2 hours in pro wrestling each week. Even if one doesn’t enjoy the ENTIRE show, there is never a complaint presented, because the overall quality of the show is just always good. I am absolutely in love with the TNA product, and I am glad that I got started on it a couple of months ago. I feel I came in at the perfect time, because I have the opportunity to see it evolve.

10/29 Impact saw more feuds develop and added some twists. Here are some talking points:

• I wonder if Rhino/3D will lead to a 3D heel turn? That would be fun to watch. Just wish Rhino didn't have to lose his matches cleanly. Doesn't really help him state his case that its a conspiracy.

• Lashley/Steiner is good. My man Big Poppa Pump is going to carry that feud and make Lashley look like gold.

• Nash is going to look like the Great Khali in the ring if he keeps it up, its about time to pass the torch and call it quits I say.

• I love how TNA incorporates shoot tactics and breaks kayfabe a little in their promos to help you better connect with characters. Amazing Red’s explanation of why he chose Don West as a manager makes me like him even more.

• Watched the Chris Sabin injury, I think he jumped to high for Bubba on the Yurinagi. Don’t think it was Bubba’s fault, there was just too much momentum due to Sabin’s size. I like the screw job finish. Plays well into the TNA Conspiracy thing.

• What if the person attacking AJ Styles is…..Mr. Anderson?

Impact impresses me week in and week out. My wife and I watch it every week and we say to ourselves….”This is EXACTLY what we want to see in a wrestling show.” It’s almost like they are reading our minds as we watch, they do everything we want to see. I even enjoy the Knockout Division. The energy stays in tact even when they are in the ring. They have a very solid women's division.

What a great edition of Impact!

Wolfe-Angle is great. Just love that Wolfe is coming in as a major player and Kurt deserves a ton of credit for putting the new guy over in such a major way.

The 3D-MCMG match was very solid but I have to admit I was really concerned about Sabin. If he hadn't got hurt, it would have been a great finish for an imminent 3D turn.

The World Elite segment was great. While he had help, Young looks more legit as Global Champ (I was really hoping for the International Championship Belt but Global works too). Changing the stipulation and name is a great heel move. Furthermore, the British Invasion got some solid heat, Diavari paying Nash in Iranian money was funny and the whole segment went well.

Homicide continued his solid heel turn by robbing Don West and getting a X Title shot. Meanwhile, I like Red more now that we had an interview covering why West is his manager. I love having managers back in wrestling.....

Obviously, hyping the Hulkamania addition was great too.

Finally, Tara-Flash was a solid women's match (MOTY if it was in a WWE ring, god WWE women's matches are pathetic) and I liked Kong going nuts.

Dislikes

I'm not sure what they're doing with Matt Morgan. He isn't using the Hellavator (probably because his back is hurting) and I'm glad he won clean over Rhino, but he is kinda floating right now. Where is he going heading into the pay per view?

The whole AJ-Daniels-Joe thing is kinda weird. Let's have people attack AJ all over the place and blame it on Daniels. Ok, that works. But why was that match set? Who made the decision? What kind of swerve are we setting up while making AJ look like the weakest champ I can remember since David Arquette?

The Knockouts match was well below par with the Beautiful people. Lacey Von Erich can't wrestle and isn't as hot as the rest of the stable. Meanwhile, the ending sucked. Hamada just stood there and watched them lose instead of breaking up the pin! Shit match, period.

Foley-Abyss is going where? Is Foley just crazy now? I'm really not sure what the heck is going on with any of it. At this point, I could honestly do without Mick in a wrestling capacity.

Finally, I'm pretty dissapointed about the Nash suspension. That means he's out for the next two Impacts and his possible teaming with Beer Money in a six man tag at the pay per view seems kinda unlikey. They'd better film some vignette of him getting attacked by WE to air on the next Impact! to explain his absense.

Overall, it was a fun show. I'd say 7/10.

What was up with Dixie Carter's speech? It came off sort of like she was scolding them, like she was the teacher of an honors class had made a guest speaker look bad. The words were mostly upbeat, but the tone was as if some of the talent had pissed her off, big time and she was taking the civilized high road instead of going off on them. "I love and respect your potential, but I am in charge and don't forget it."

I'm not saying it was bad, just weird. I think (hope) it is building to something, which will either be very good or very bad.

I honestly could have done completely without that speech she gave at the beginning. Just seemed like something they should have had off camera to me.

I enjoyed the rest of Impact. Not the best Impact ever, but not bad. I'd give it at 7/10.

Daniels really surprised me on this episode. He did very very well on the mic in the beginning. I hope this is the start of a heel turn for him as he seems to play heel much better than the same vanilla face character that AJ plays.

Really pumped for Wolfe vs. Angle at Turning Point.

I got back late from the hospital, but what I seen was the best Impact yet.

I really think that things are really starting to take off. The production of tonight show seemed better. The over all show seemed to be in the mold the WWF Attitude Era. I do think that AJ styles came off weak during the interview. His script made him seem too wishy washy. I really do like AJ as champ, but I think he needs to drop it Daniels and get on with the feud with the mystery man. Then go for the title as a stronger character. With Sting handing him the title, the mystery man attacks, Joe crushing him too weeks in a row, to have him keep the title would be a joke. He needs to loose it, and needs to actually earn it back in a match where he is the clear winner without an controversy.

Over all Impact was superior to Raw for two weeks in a row. I really like the different story lines and how Desmond Wolfe can in and made us think that Angle was going to get revenge to have it turn in a blink of an eye. Each week I am getting more and more excited over Desmond Wolfe with his character development. If I had to point to any single reason to watch TNA at this point, it would have to be Wolfe... Not the impending arrival of Hogan.

I not a Kool Aid drinker, but it is getting better. It isn't the product that the WWE is right now. But looking at it, I really think that the Nay sayers like Mark Madden have hidden motives behind their blogs and internet postings. I just have a weird feeling that he has a personal vendetta against several people at TNA. Lets be honost, Hogan is not doing anything beyond several matches a year because of his health. He is not going to hog the show. I see nothing wrong about having wrestlers with knowledge of the business on a scale of the WWE advising some aspects of the company.

I see a lot of momentum building. Impact IMO is finally getting most things right, and it drawing more attention.

I do like how they are handling Dixies awkward speech this past week too. They are using it as a positive. Having team 3d address it, was the one of the best things they could have down. But I do think that the creative team is over using the favoritism thing too much. It seems like every group is using it. The World Elite, 3d, Rhino, Daniels scripts all lead to the same thing... Favoritism by TNA management...

Reactions: gd
I liked the X Division match, Beer Money-British Invasion match and Joe-Styles match, but that legends challenge with Jay Lethal is just awful. I thought it was a good idea at first, they'd have him face and presumably go over legends every week. But they actually had Lethal job to a pregnant looking and old Jim Neidhart!:wtf: On further thought, it wouldn't really work even if Lethal did win. Legends, regardless of what they were in their day, are treated as faces by the audience, Anvil got the best reaction of the night. A legend killer gimmick can work with a heel like Orton, but Lethal was getting booed because Anvil was so over.

Reactions: gd
I have to say I wasn't impressed this week. Everything was rushed and kind of a letdown. Still is better then anything else I've seen lately on Raw but I don't know. Raw may have been better then Impact this week, and that is saying something. I'll go over briefly what I thought were the good and the bad parts of the show.

The Good: It's nice to see these feuds elevated with Angle and Wolfe. I thought Wolfe had a great promo. Some might say he is being shoved down our throats but Wolfe has been golden lately. I'm sure these two will have a great match at the PPV. It's also nice to see The Pope again. I'm glad he is now a face aligning himself with the next big stars with Morgan and Hernandez. It's good to see another Team 3D heel turn. I am kinda sick of Rhino and Team 3D in general, but they are always great heels. Daniels teased a heel turn too which I hope happens soon. It's cool to see Raven is back now. Hopefully he will stay longer then 2 weeks this time. I'm sure Raven and Foley or Abyss could have great wars together. It's great to see Beer Money involved in the mix with The British Invasion this Sunday too.

The Bad: What in the name of all that is holy is Jim Neidhart doing wearing spandex? The guy gained 100 pounds and he is still wearing the same size gear from the 80's? That Black Machismo Invitational Tournament sent douche chills down my spine. I actually heard a few "You still got it chants" Anvil doesn't have anything except that huge gut. 25 years ago he actually looked skinny compared to now and he has always been a husky guy. Who is Lethal going to job to next week? Nasty Brian Knobbs? or the Repo Man? This gimmick is going nowhere fast.

The Knockouts didn't have anything new or exciting. I don't why Alissa Flash is wrestling Traci Brooks. Have the old skanks fight the new skanks and the talented wrestlers fight the other talented wrestlers. Even the X Division match wasn't impressive this week. The main event could of been great but I guess I see why they had Daniels interfere so we could see it at the PPV. Honestly though I don't think many people will even buy the PPV after last night's Impact. It wasn't horrible but definitely not the best show going into a PPV.

What was with Super Dave Osbourne? That guy hasn't been relevant since I the Saturday morning cartoon shows on Fox. I do find him hilarious as Marty Funkhouser though. Still, I didn't like the idea of him running the show. We have seen that before on Raw and TNA can't duplicate that. He wasn't a big part of the show and did have some funny bits with JB but it wasn't needed and it was out of place.

Overall this show was kinda weak and hopefully we see something new in the future. Maybe Hogan coming in isn't such a bad idea after all if we are getting shows like this.

Guys like Madden are naysayers and it just sounds like he's jealous that he's not in the wrestling business right now, so all he does is rant about what's wrong as if he would go in there and make it a better.

Impact was great yet again, and I appreciated Dixie's speech to her company. Taz said it best, "after the speech I felt motivated, as did a lot of guys in the room" I don't know what the hell Nick, Chris, and Madden were ranting about on VOW regarding that. It was just annoying as hell hearing them cry as if TNA was just doing the worse possible thing. They are just too damn negative for me. All they do is complain...I digress.

Impact was great all around the board. Did you see Super Dave? That's how you have guest on a wrestling program. Hands off, with limited segments, and he doesn't get on the mic and address the crowd.

Team 3D heel turn. We saw it coming, but it was executed perfectly. The Pope is gold on the mic, Wolfe is over, everything is just fun to watch in TNA. Impact never disappoints. I'm looking forward to the PPV and fallout thereafter.

I thought last night was better then last week. Especially since they didn't have the Black Machismo Invitational Tournament or a celebrity guest booker. They will probably have a guest host though if Foley is doing his comedy gig. I thought Hamada vs. Wilde was the match of the night. Sarita and Flash had a decent match too. I didn't understand the whole jacket zipping fetish though.

What in the hell was that segment about with ODB and Homicide? I came back from outside to see ODB and Homicide acting drunk off their asses. It looks like we might see a Big Rob face turn which I hope its not going to happen. It looks like Lashley and Steiner are continuing their feud, Damn. I don't know where Jesse Neal came from but I got douche chills when he gave his promo. Some people like it but until I see something from him in the ring, I think he's another failed gimmick.

I like the alliance with Kevin Nash and Eric Young. Nash turned back to his old school Diesel gimmick. Its interesting to see who Hogan is going to bring in. I pray to God its not The Nasty Boys or Sid. Maybe Flair or Bischoff could come in. Since Nash is heel maybe Hogan might be heel too when he comes in. Who knows.

The Wolfe is getting better each week and Daniels turning slowly into a heel is a great. It was nice to see Daniels get the pin on AJ tonight. I don't think Daniels will be champion, but him and AJ should have a decent match together. Overall Impact was better than last week but nothing to write home about as usual.

TNA was pretty good last night. I just don't know why Lashley is receiving such a huge push so early. I mean he lost to Scott Steiner at the PPV and now he is the number one contender for the championship? I am really not looking forward to seeing Lashley against AJ Styles.

I did like the tournament matches, although I didn't agree with Abyss tapping so early to Lashley. A pin fall maybe but to have Abyss tap so fast? I could be wrong but has Abyss really ever tapped? Steiner and Nash's antics were hilarious as usual. Nash telling Foley if Knobbs comes in he is quitting along with Eric Young was classic.

Let's hope its true that we won't see The Disciple or Nasty Knobbs anytime soon. One gripe I had with the tournament is that if Robert Roode won they he would only have a shot at the tag team championship. Why does Lashley who hasn't done anything get a shot at the title and Roode only gets a shot at the tag titles? I know he is with Beer Money but come on now. That is a little insulting.

Damn The Beautiful People's entrance keeps getting better and better despite Lacey. Even if Moose Knuckles was with TBP I would be fine as long as I got to see Velvet and Madison straddle that second rope. It was odd not to see or hear any mention of Hernadez or Morgan this week. I though for sure we would see them along with Rhino, Team 3D, and Jesse bad haircut Neal.

Angle and Wolfe are continuing to build up their feud. I'm sure their 2 out of 3 falls match is going to be classic. Daniels and AJ Styles will probably be a good match too. I just don't know what TNA is doing with Lashley. Will he continue to feud with Steiner or move to AJ Styles? I'm sure its going to be shit either way.

I'm wondering what Dixie will announce next week about Hogan. It is probably the same crap we have heard before. "If you aren't with me you're against me and Hogan is going to change the face of TNA Wrestling" blah blah blah. Maybe she will tell us when he is coming to Impact but I doubt she will say anything new. Probably something along the lines of "Tune into Impact each and every week to find out breaking developments'.

Wow thanks. I wasn't crazy about Lashley getting is mega push this week but I was glad to see TNA have a tournament with some great matches.

This is the first time I’ve reviewed an episode of Impact in a long while. I guess this is the first time in which I saw an episode of Impact that almost completely sucked.

All through the show, TNA kept showing and playing up the whole Jeff Jarrett/Mick Foley angle as part of Hulk Hogan coming to TNA. Personally, I don’t miss Jeff Jarrett, I don’t really have any strong desire to see some feud where it’s Jarrett/Foley vs. Carter/Hogan for control and for the soul of TNA. They finally showed Foley and Jarrett talking in a bar with Jarrett look as though he’s been living in a boxcar for about 3 or 4 months. It’s got dull written all over it. At any rate, it's announced that Jarrett will be back on Impact next week so that should make some people happy.

So Kevin Nash was in charge of Impact tonight. I swear, there were times during this episode in which I had WCW flashbacks. The first match out is a 3 on 1 handicap match between The British Invasion and Chris Sabin. The BI lost cleanly in this match and I can’t help but wonder if TNA’s purpose was to show, yet again, how awful Rob Terry is in the ring and to display the reigning TNA World Tag Team Champions as a couple of lame duck punks in the middle of a do nothing run. If that was the point, then mission accomplished.

Up next is a mixed tag match between Bobby & Kristal Lashley against Scott Steiner and Awesome Kong. The match in and of itself was shit, although it was really supposed to be. It was just a little something to build up for the Last Man Standing Match between the two at Final Resolution. Steiner getting the pin on Kristal was great, the whole push up thing on top of her was classic. While I don’t necessarily care about this feud at all, it was just a cool spot to see if nothing else.

Eric Young went up against Hamada for the TNA Global Championship. Yeah, the Global/Legends title is pretty much officially a prop at this point. This is Young’s second match defending the strap and he’s defending it against a woman. Eric Young spent almost the entire match getting the shit kicked out of him and had to cheat to win. On one hand, it builds up good heat. On the other, it made Young look weak as shit. We all know that TNA isn’t going to have a woman carry this prop so this match is a total waste of time and a fiasco. I know it’s supposed to fit into the whole thing about Young not defending the belt against an American and all that, but the whole anti-American schtick is out the window anyhow seeing as how Young and Kevin Nash are bosom buddies.

So up next is the Trailer Park Throwdown between ODB and Tara. I just…yeah I dunno. I mean, it was…well it was on the show I guess. Basically, both women were supposed to come into the match after having ingested a large amount of booze prior. It just…well…yeah, it kinda sucked. The whole match in and of itself just had a cartoonish feel about it from the moment Nash announced it. But, I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. The most solid action of the match is when ODB and Tara used the trash can lid on one another. It didn’t make me care about the fued they’re in or the match they have at Final Resolution.

So up next is Team 3D, Rhino and Jesse Neal take on Matt Morgan, Suicide and Hernandez in an 7 man tag match. It was going to be an 8 man tag but Dinero was taken out earlier by members of the opposing team. Whoever gets pinned in this match has to wrestle in the 8 man tag match against all members of the opposing team for 5 minutes. Who gives a shit? You know that the wrestler that loses, which turns out to be Hernandez in this case, isn’t going to get pinned in those 5 minutes, so why bother putting on this match tonight? For the most part, it’s the same match we’ll probably wind up with at Final Resolution. The only difference will be that D’Angelo Dinero will be involved. Jesse Neal got the pinfall by beating Hernandez with a spear. It just kinda made me roll my eyes really. I know TNA is trying to get this guy over a little, but I’m just not buying into him.

TNA showed a little video package of Tyson Tomko working out so whatever.

The mud wrestling match between Lacey Von Erich and Velvet Sky was…well what it was. The two came out in their robes looking quite delectable. The match was what it was…two hot chicks rolling around in a pool of mud. Velvet looked hot in a pair of booty shorts and a very short tank top, Lacey was in a tube top and a pair of daisy dukes. The match wasn’t considered to be anything serious and just showed how hot the BP are. I guarantee this is the most watched part of tonight’s show. Once again though, this is the kind of cartoonish type of match that people on here have loved to give the WWE grief about over the years.

Lauren does a little interview with Jay Lethal, announcing another Black Machismo Open Invitational match for next week. I hate this idea, I hated it from the beginning. All that’s going to happen is some older guy that probably isn’t all that much of a wrestling “legend” is going to come onto the show and Lethal is going to job out to him.

Last for the evening is a TNA World Heavyweight Championship match in which the challenger is someone that’s participated in a little auction held by Kevin Nash. It turns out that the challenger is Desmond Wolfe. I like the idea of putting Wolfe in the scene, but it’d be nice if the guy had actually won a single match in TNA before getting a shot at the title. Kurt Angle was out commentating with Tenay and Taz during the match, so some interference is pretty much mandatory. Surprisingly, it was Daniels that came out and interfered in the match. The match between these two was ok, although I think it had the potential to be great and a great match could be held between these two in the future. However, having Wolfe job again just kinda…ehhh I dunno. I think he needs to come off of Final Resolution with a win over Kurt Angle or I just don’t see how his stock can remain high.

Overall, tonight was the weakest Impact I’ve seen in a long time. Once again, TNA in and of itself did a pretty good job of putting Hulk Hogan over but, surprisingly, TNA didn’t really do much on the live show Jan 4 against Raw. I figured that Tenay and Taz would have talked about that at least once during each segment but they didn’t. During the commercials, I didn’t see anything regarding the show. You’d figure that Spike would advertise the hell out of that episode of Impact but, it just didn’t happen. But, back to the show in and of itself. I noticed that, for the third week in a role, Amazing Red and the X-Division title was nowhere to be seen. And still, the X-Division continues to falter with what is turning out to be another forgettable champion. There were some corny matches put on the card that really nobody came out of looking good or particularly interesting. It didn’t make salivate with anticipation to see what happens at Final Resolution. The only two matches I have any interest whatsoever in seeing are the Angle/Wolfe and Styles/Daniels matches. Considering that TNA is going up against the WWE in a live, head to head broadcast in less than a month, I figured that they’d want to put on as strong of shows as they can to just really show what they’ve got. Tonight was a big disappointment and pretty much a waste of two hours.

Decent enough show, not one of the best they've had on in awhile, but they can't give us great stuff every week. Shit we still got to a bit of a tease at AJ and Nigel, that was great to see, I cannot wait until those two are feuding for the title, which I presume will be Nigel's next move after the Angle feud. And no, I still will not call him Desmond fucking Wolfe.

Parts of the show definitely dragged a bit, but overall it was an entertaining two hours. There were enough positive signs in the show moving forward for me to be satisfied. Shit, we can't ask for solid gold every episode, and considering Impact has been fairly good for the last few months, it's only natural they'll have a bad week every once and a while. You can't be perfect.

Decent episode, probably somewhere around a C+. Maybe a B- if I wanted to be very generous.

I have really enjoyed Impact the last couple of months, but this was a god awful show. It did nothing to bring any more intrigue to the storylines, it didn't help put the PPV over any more, and it didn't make any characters look stronger. It actually made them look sloppy and second rate. It was too WCW for me.

I also feel that Kevin Nash booking the show was real, because those ideas seem like some corny shit he would do. I was not entertained in the least by any of the shows segments, and some people may disagree, but the mud wrestling was a bathroom break for me. Terrible female gimmick matches like that are the reason why I started watching TNA. I thought they didn't have it in them to flaunt women as meat. However, they all succumb to perversion sooner or later it seems.

To be honest if Impact continues on this path next week and going into Jan. 4, I won't be tuning it. I'll be watching Monday Night Raw. They actually killed the momentum they had with me with this show, and I am not excited nor do I care what happens next week. They better not pull this WCW type shit again or I'm crossing the line back to the WWE, which is bad, but would never put on a show as horrible as Impact was last night.

I fell asleep through half of Impact which was good since I didn't miss much. Jesse Neal's gore was awful. So much for Hernadez and Morgan's big push. Morgan, Hernadez, and Pope are over though. They are over in the Impact Zone. I do love Nash and Steiner on the mic, I just don't want them booking matches.

A trailer park match and a mud wrestling match? that sounds like matches I would see at my high school gymnasium. There was no interest for me this week. Especially since the Black Machismo Invitational is returning in a week or two. We get to see Jay Lethal job to Tatanka. The Beautiful People actually annoyed me this week, which is hard to do.

I guess Lacey's character is going to be the dumb blond. How original. I've seen worst Impacts though. I'll cut TNA some slack since they are in lame duck mode these few weeks. We will have to see if Hogan can improve it or just make it worst. I am curious to see what Jarret's involvement is going to be next week.

I guarantee we won't hear or see anything new until Hogan steps in. Lets hope its for the better.

Last week’s episode of Impact was one of the biggest wastes of two hours of television programming of 2009. It was just a horrible show from top to bottom so I’d imagine that just about anything would be some sort of improvement.

The first hour of the show revolved around the thing involving the Foley, Jarrett and Hogan situation. Most of the first hour also revolved around backstage interviews and video footage mostly of this and that. Various vinyettes were shown regarding the current situation, Foley’s meeting with Jarrett last week and all that. Footage is shown of Foley jumping Kevin Nash, angry with him for his meeting with “The Hulk”. It’s later revealed that the “Hulk” Nash set a meeting with for Foley was former bodybuilding champ Lou Ferrigno, who played The Incredible Hulk in the 1970s tv series. Also, in the first hour, Roxxi beats ODB cleanly in a non-title match that was pretty decent overall. However, I didn’t really see a point to it really. As ODB has a match this Sunday against Tara, it just made her look weak losing clean to Roxxi tonight.
The only other match during the first hour was a lumberjack match between Matt Morgan and Bubba Ray, the lumberjacks were their teammates for the match this Sunday. Nothing special happened. Morgan lost after getting a DDT from Bubba after Jesse Neal low blowed Morgan from behind. If you didn’t care about the feud before, nothing happened to change that.

The second hour started off with a three way Knockout tag match: The BP vs. Sarita & Taylor Wilde vs. Hamada & Awesome Kong. The BP do their entrance, which for me had been the highlight of the show up to that time. The match is a non-title match, but I guess they’ve still got to give Wilde and Sarita something to do now and again. It comes down to Kong and Madison Rayne in the ring with the others are brawling in the ring. Kong scores and easy win. The match was nothing special, but at least there seems to be another team for Sarita & Wilde to go up against other than just the BP. Next up is Jarrett and Foley, yet again, doing their thing. Only they’re backstage and in Foley’s office with Jarrett screaming about this and about that, being pissed off and Dixie Carter. So, up next is the Black Machismo Open Invitational and this time, it’s Jay Lethal against Tatanka. Not exactly what I’d call legendary. Anyhow, Tatanka gets the win and Lethal continues to look like a chump. Pointless waste of time and a waste of talent. This is just a really awful idea. Afterward, The MCMGs cut a promo backstage with Christy Hemme hyping themselves and all that. Pretty good promo from the two and I would like to see TNA actually do something with them before the year is out. Up after that is Jarrett going back into Dixie Carter’s office and I’m sorta surprised they did this. I figured they’d do a behind closed doors thing but they didn’t. Dixie Carter came across as some condescending bitch, basically lecturing Jarrett on how he’s conducted himself in his personal life. Jarrett caved in and apologized for it and Dixie sends him off to find Kurt Angle to talk to him. Basically, Dixie said that if it’s ok with Kurt Angle, you can come back. I have to admit that this brief little thing with Jarrett and Carter was the most interesting thing that happened on the show tonight. For me at any rate. Daniels and Wolfe had a back and forth mat wrestling match. If you’re someone that appreciates a display of mat skill, the match was a good one. If you’re looking for high spots and high impact offense, you’d have been bored to tears. I was somewhere in the middle. Both guys are skilled on the mat and it’s nice to see something like that every once in a while. The match ended in a draw and I think the 10 minute time limit is an especially good thing for this sort of match. Closing the show is a 10 man tag match with Scott Steiner, Raven, Dr. Stevie, and the British Invastion going up against Bobby Lashley, Abyss, Tomko, AJ Styles and Kurt Angle. In a nutshell, the match was your typical TNA clusterfuck.

Overall, Impact was better than it was last week but it wouldn’t be hard for TNA to improve over last week’s show. I was mostly bored by this week’s show and I think it truly showed that TNA is in complete lame duck mode until Hogan’s arrival. I just got the sense that nothing that's currently going on in TNA right now even matters and isn't the least bit relevant. Tonight wasn’t a horrible show, but it definitely wasn’t a good one either. If you’re someone that’s struggling to find something in TNA to care about at this point, nothing happened to aid you in that search. Also, if one is unsure about ordering the ppv or just isn’t interested in ordering it at all, nothing happened to sway anything. While it wasn’t a good show, it was better than Raw this week and Impact last week.

So, am I the only one that watched one of the greatest "TV Title Style" matches between Desmond Wolfe and Chris Daniels last night? Honestly, have you ever heard the crowd pop with the "This is awesome" chant halfway through a match on TNA? Did you see how the audience seemed legitimately upset when the time limit draw was announced?

This is just proof that Jim Coronette is right. There is a desperate need and appreciation for good old fashion wrestling.

For ten minutes last night, I was proud to be a pro-wrestling fan!

So, am I the only one that watched one of the greatest "TV Title Style" matches between Desmond Wolfe and Chris Daniels last night? Honestly, have you ever heard the crowd pop with the "This is awesome" chant halfway through a match on TNA? Did you see how the audience seemed legitimately upset when the time limit draw was announced?

This is just proof that Jim Coronette is right. There is a desperate need and appreciation for good old fashion wrestling.

For ten minutes last night, I was proud to be a pro-wrestling fan!

Well to be honest with you the Impact Zone crowd will chant This is Awesome at a drop of a hat. I'm surprised they didn't chant This Is Awesome during the Tatanka/Lethal match too. Any crowd that chants You Still Got It to Jim Neidhart isn't really the best example of a real credible crowd.

The fans were upset at this time limit just like they were during the Angle/Styles match. I will agree that it was refreshing to see some mat wrestling with these two talents. Daniels and Wolfe did a great job, but it was still kinda boring.

I don't know if anyone caught Lacey knocking over the cameraman during the knockouts tag match. Man is she useless. It looks like Big Rob may be involved in the Feast or Fired match after promo Beer Money cut. I hope he is cut loose but it will probably be Cody Deaner which will be fine with me.

The Jarrett segments with Dixie and Angle were uncomfortable. I really don't see the point of airing their dirty laundry on Impact. The Black Machismo Invitational match wasn't horrible this time, but it was still a waste of television time.

Mick Foley going to Lou Ferrigno's house wasn't really amusing at all, since we knew Hogan wouldn't appear on television this early. It was another waste of television time. Impact wasn't pretty for a go home show but it wasn't as bad as some of have been.

TNA is in a lame duck mode for now. Nothing has made me excited about this PPV since it won't lead up to anything. Angle and Wolfe should be good, along with Daniels and AJ.

There was probably more wrestling in the main events on Impact then the entire 3 hour show of Raw this week. Let's hope they can deliver something special on January 4th, since nothing has been appealing on Impact lately.

Honestly, have you ever heard the crowd pop with the "This is awesome" chant halfway through a match on TNA?

It happens all the time. Any big spot, especially the X Division guys, can get that reaction. The Impact Zone regulars are easily impressed and they have a much harder time of it when they travel around for PPVS. the particularly harsh LA crowd at BFG is an example.

Let's hope they can deliver something special on January 4th, since nothing has been appealing on Impact lately.

iMPACT till last week was very good, up until Turning Point it was brilliant. Even last weeks was good at points. We all know how important Jan 4th is to the group. I just hope it is not a huge let down.

I've still yet to see iMPACT this week but it sounds decent.

Well to be honest with you the Impact Zone crowd will chant This is Awesome at a drop of a hat. I'm surprised they didn't chant This Is Awesome during the Tatanka/Lethal match too. Any crowd that chants You Still Got It to Jim Neidhart isn't really the best example of a real credible crowd.

The fans were upset at this time limit just like they were during the Angle/Styles match. I will agree that it was refreshing to see some mat wrestling with these two talents. Daniels and Wolfe did a great job, but it was still kinda boring.

TNA is in a lame duck mode for now. Nothing has made me excited about this PPV since it won't lead up to anything. Angle and Wolfe should be good, along with Daniels and AJ.

There was probably more wrestling in the main events on Impact then the entire 3 hour show of Raw this week. Let's hope they can deliver something special on January 4th, since nothing has been appealing on Impact lately.

Interesting observation, and great points. In defense of the crowd, at LEAST they didn't start that chant for Tatanka/Lethal. LOL.

I don't understand how the Daniels/Wolfe match was boring, however. I miss the days of working up to the good stuff with a little science. SpotFests are fun, but I still miss the old days of scientific wrestling. And I think you're right about the good PPV matches. All those guys deliver.

TNA delivered a little more wrestling than RAW, I think. I just wish they wouldn't open with the girls matches all the time.

I believe moving to this style of traditional pro-wrestling is the only way TNA can beat WWE. And TNA has the roster to do it.

:)

Interesting observation, and great points. In defense of the crowd, at LEAST they didn't start that chant for Tatanka/Lethal. LOL.

I don't understand how the Daniels/Wolfe match was boring, however. I miss the days of working up to the good stuff with a little science. SpotFests are fun, but I still miss the old days of scientific wrestling. And I think you're right about the good PPV matches. All those guys deliver.

TNA delivered a little more wrestling than RAW, I think. I just wish they wouldn't open with the girls matches all the time.

I believe moving to this style of traditional pro-wrestling is the only way TNA can beat WWE. And TNA has the roster to do it.

:)

The kind of match Wolfe and Daniels worked was refreshing in the sense that we don't see those kinds of matches very often in this day and age. It's nice to see someone with legitimate mat skills work a scientific match every so often, but TNA doesn't need to make a habit of it. As I said, it was refreshing but it was a little boring at the same time. Back in the 80s, a lot of the WWF's competition continued with the style of wrestling that Wolfe and Daniels showed last night and that's a big reason why fans changed the channel.

As for the TNA crowd, I think Kenny Powers made a good point about them chanting you've still got it during the Jim Neidhart/Jay Lethal match, which was absolutely terrible in every sense of the word. The Impact crowds are loyal due in large part to the fact that many within the crowd are the same people that come to the show week after week.

Last night's match with Wolfe and Daniels was nice, but that style of wrestling isn't going to beat the WWE. In terms of "legitimate athleticism" the match they had last night would have gotten high marks. However, when you see guys like Christian and Shelton Benjamin beating the snot out of each other with ladders and falling 15 feet from the top of a ladder and splattering onto the mat, there's just no comparrison with it comes to entertainment value.

The kind of match Wolfe and Daniels worked was refreshing in the sense that we don't see those kinds of matches very often in this day and age. It's nice to see someone with legitimate mat skills work a scientific match every so often, but TNA doesn't need to make a habit of it. As I said, it was refreshing but it was a little boring at the same time. Back in the 80s, a lot of the WWF's competition continued with the style of wrestling that Wolfe and Daniels showed last night and that's a big reason why fans changed the channel.

As for the TNA crowd, I think Kenny Powers made a good point about them chanting you've still got it during the Jim Neidhart/Jay Lethal match, which was absolutely terrible in every sense of the word. The Impact crowds are loyal due in large part to the fact that many within the crowd are the same people that come to the show week after week.

Last night's match with Wolfe and Daniels was nice, but that style of wrestling isn't going to beat the WWE. In terms of "legitimate athleticism" the match they had last night would have gotten high marks. However, when you see guys like Christian and Shelton Benjamin beating the snot out of each other with ladders and falling 15 feet from the top of a ladder and splattering onto the mat, there's just no comparrison with it comes to entertainment value.

I think its an interesting point you bring up about people looking for something new. However, this kind of match was a hallmark of the 80's. Classic WWE, NWA, AWA, and others were of this style. I think, perhaps, you mean the 90's, when ECW came about and WWE began working in the innovative gimmick matches (read: ladder, tables, etc.). They were a change of pace, indeed. In my opinion, its a shame we lost the classic style to this style, which became "sports entertainment".

I can understand the thoughts about the crowd. People who are, perhaps, using their season passes at Universal Studios to get into the weekly show might probably react the same.

However, I still stand by my opinon that, though ladder/tables/(insert gimmick match here) have their place in our beloved professional wrestling world, and I do enjoy them, TNA taking a stance against the "sports entertainment" leviathan that is WWE by producing classic/strong style professional wrestling is the only way to win MNW II.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back