[Official] TNA TV Shows Aftermath, Review & Ratings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
04/05/2010

WTF was that? That was one of the worse wrestling shows I have seen in over 20 years. Like some have pointed out the wrestling was good, but the promos were bad.

- RVD vs Storm; Good match, I would liked to see a Five Star Frog Splash though.

- Angle vs Anderson; Very good match. I didn't think Angle would take those spots anymore. Very fun to watch but the match was there only for ratings and nothing more.

- Knockout match; Boring match. Each person was in the match for a good minute or less. The lock boxes were nice to add but it's the same as the Feast or Fired segment.

- Pope vs Wolfe; Eh, I don't know. Some parts were good, I enjoyed Pope's version of the code breaker. I honestly think he does it better than Jericho. The runs in were weak, and made it looked forced. But advice for AJ, don't run into camera men again. That made me feel a little sick.

Good matches, but it's the same match every week with a new segment. It gets boring. TNA isn't going to get a ratings boost because of this, I feel they will be about the same. Like a poster said, if Lockdown turns out to be terrible, someone needs to be gone.

It was the first time at watch TNA on monday night sonce january 4th and it only because Raw wasn't playing in Canada this week and nothing else was on t.v. I have to say that this was the most awful wrestling show i've seen this year. So even through i don'T necessarily want to relive to night, i need to review the whole show segment by segment to be able to let go of how awful the show was last night.

So here we go:

Segment 1: Christy Hemme announce that the 8 knockout match is a lockbox challenge match, Then proceed to explain the rules which are so complicated that i tune out so i don't remember i thing and i'm already regretting not watching Life Unexpected on the CW. Then you got the opening credit followed by a 15 minute promos for what seem to be a the main event of Lockdown. This promos while to long for my taste served his purpose of promoting this match but i found it funny how the fan didn'T cared about it in the IMPACT Zone and that RVD And Jeff Hardy had to wait for the fans to take there place before finally get to the ring. Next time boys, maybe take and section that"s nobody is coming down the stairs to do your run-in.

After that match we go directly to the entrance of Kurt Angle and Mr Anderson for their ladder match.

Segment 2: RVD Vs Comboy James Storm: Nice Little match with the same RVD shit that i've seen a million time, RVD wins and then get lay down by James Storm with a bottle to the head, Jeff HArdy come in and same thing happen and i just don'T care.

Then we go backstage were Christy is interviewing Tara's team: 2 things i saw in that interview, first how much Hamada is becoming an non factor in the knockout division, the whole interview they would purposely film the interview so that Hamada wasn't in the shot, secondly, The Fact that Tara said what pretty much everybody thought of this match, how much of a joke this was. Nice to know that TNA does take the knockout seriously and not just as sex symbols.

Segment 3: Global Championship match: Rob Terry vs Homicide: Typical Squash match with Homicide trying to beat Terry and Terry non selling anything. Rob Terry Wins with a powerslam. Post-match Homicide attack Terry with a steel chair to the back with no effect and then an wicked chair shot to the head with no effect and then get beat up to terry. This is followed by the orlando Jordon doing what Orlando does best, scaring viewers away by doing is lame gimmick he does.

First of all, i've got in a era were wrestlers dies on a regular bases from injury to the head, why would you have Rob Terry take a unprotected chair shot to the head. This was a dangerous and unnecessary move. Also, i know Russo and Bischoff have a hard on for the ORlando Jordon Gimmick but nobody else does. It failling big time so much so that i'm sure am not the only one that switch channel during that segment waiting for it to end.

Segment 4: Lockbox Challenge: Don't even try to get me to explain the rules for this match because i didn'T get it and TNA probably thought that nobody would have understood the rules either because they explain it again and even put them on the screen so that the viewer's finally understood what was going on. The winners were Tara,Daffney,Velvet Sky and Angelina love. So first let me get this strait, first Hamada does get any tv time during the interview segment then she get eliminated during the commercial break, can you said that she probably the next to get release. Then you got the fact this match was pretty much the destruction of the knockout division as it was when it first started and the TNA Knockout championship means nothing.

Segment 5: Kurt Angle vs Mr Anderson: Great match that Mr. Anderson won but that made me thinking if they gave away that much for free, what'S left for them to give for their PPV Match at lockdown.

The JB/Hogan backstage segment was boring so i didn't really listen to it.

Segment 6: Christy hemme Interview Matt Morgan: Good Interview that pretty said that Morgan was the tag champion and establish him as the cocky heel he once was.

Then you go To the Team 3D vs MCMG: Again good match between these 2 man but i hated to beat down from the band on both team especially since it lead to a team 3d vs the band and the MCMG are completly forgotten in this. Again the interview given by the band was awful and doesn't make me want to tune in to see them try to rule the show again.

Segment 7: Christy Interview The Pope. Nice little interview that got interrupted by Desmond Wolfe and pretty much gave away the result of their match when Pope put his shot at the TNA title on the line.

Gautlet match: Douglas Williams vs Generation Me: First of All Love the promo by Doug Williams but the match was just o.k. So i'm guessing Generation Me were hire to make other wrestlers look good because just like KEndrick, i don'T remember when was the last time Generation Me won a match. Then after the match Shannon Moore come to the Help of one half of Generation Me and challenge Doug Williams to a match. Didn't Kaz won a match to be next in line for the title at Destination X, so why isn't Kaz challenging Doug Williams for a match instead of Shannon. It'S good to have friends in high place because that's the only way Shannon as a job in TNA, because of Jeff.

Segment 8: First we have christy Hemme interviewing Team 3D backstage and to sum up Team 3D challenge The Band to a match next week. Not at the PPV but next week. They are giving away a match with 2 of the biggest tag teams of the attitude era for free next week, what a joke.

Then we have Desmond Wolfe vs The Pope in a glorified Squash match: Simply put Pope gets beat down for a couple of minutes, Desmond give Pope Time to recover and Pope Wins in under Five Minutes. Then the really lame stuff happens. First you have A.J. attacking Pope from Behind without the camera rven getting the shot because it was filming Pope leaving the ring so Pope got push into the camera, Then Abyss cames in for the save and did absolutely nothing and got beat down by Desmond Wolfe. So lame segment that put me to sleep and it just wanted this night to be over.

Over-run segment: but the night isn'T over yet because the last nail in the coffin of the knockout division was yet to come with the big Lockbox reveal. So after this segment we know that Velvet Sky won the Contract and is challenging Angelina Love in a leather and LAce match. I don'T even know what type of match this is but it look lame. Tara got her Spider back. Angelina Love won the Knockout Championship and DAffney had to do a striptease. First before i continue with this crap, i've just have something to say about just giving away a championship, it'S crap and devalues the championship, Angelina Love is the champion because she got lucky not because she beat Tara and that just stupid bookings. Then let'S finish this recap with the Daffney Striptease which i really thought wouldn'T happened and i really didn'T because LAcey Von Erich arrive to the ring and attacked Daffney before taking her place which is o.k because Lacey is very Beautiful and should be use as eye candy but then instead of focusing on Lacey, they go and film to battle between Tara and Angelina. They fight all the way to the ring were Lacey is still doing her striptease until finally Velvet takes the mic and announce the match she wants which mysteriously made Tara dissappeared and the show finally ends.

So like i said before, the whole knockout stuff last night was pure crap and made the WWE Divas look so much better compare to them and outside of the kurt Angle/Mr. Anderson match, the rest was just painful to watch. One last comment before i end my review, i would love for TNA to start timing the end of their segments better because last night's show looked awful, Spike T.V. would go to commercial most of the time before the segment was done and it looked awful on t.v.

If that'S the best TNA can offer, then i didn'T miss that much the lst month or so and am happy that RAW's is Coming back next week, so i'm probably done with TNA for now or until they move back to thursday which i think would be sooner then later.

It was the first time at watch TNA on monday night sonce january 4th and it only because Raw wasn't playing in Canada this week and nothing else was on t.v. I have to say that this was the most awful wrestling show i've seen this year. So even through i don'T necessarily want to relive to night, i need to review the whole show segment by segment to be able to let go of how awful the show was last night.

So here we go:

Segment 1: Christy Hemme announce that the 8 knockout match is a lockbox challenge match, Then proceed to explain the rules which are so complicated that i tune out so i don't remember i thing and i'm already regretting not watching Life Unexpected on the CW. Then you got the opening credit followed by a 15 minute promos for what seem to be a the main event of Lockdown. This promos while to long for my taste served his purpose of promoting this match but i found it funny how the fan didn'T cared about it in the IMPACT Zone and that RVD And Jeff Hardy had to wait for the fans to take there place before finally get to the ring. Next time boys, maybe take and section that"s nobody is coming down the stairs to do your run-in.

After that match we go directly to the entrance of Kurt Angle and Mr Anderson for their ladder match.

Segment 2: RVD Vs Comboy James Storm: Nice Little match with the same RVD shit that i've seen a million time, RVD wins and then get lay down by James Storm with a bottle to the head, Jeff HArdy come in and same thing happen and i just don'T care.

Then we go backstage were Christy is interviewing Tara's team: 2 things i saw in that interview, first how much Hamada is becoming an non factor in the knockout division, the whole interview they would purposely film the interview so that Hamada wasn't in the shot, secondly, The Fact that Tara said what pretty much everybody thought of this match, how much of a joke this was. Nice to know that TNA does take the knockout seriously and not just as sex symbols.

Segment 3: Global Championship match: Rob Terry vs Homicide: Typical Squash match with Homicide trying to beat Terry and Terry non selling anything. Rob Terry Wins with a powerslam. Post-match Homicide attack Terry with a steel chair to the back with no effect and then an wicked chair shot to the head with no effect and then get beat up to terry. This is followed by the orlando Jordon doing what Orlando does best, scaring viewers away by doing is lame gimmick he does.

First of all, i've got in a era were wrestlers dies on a regular bases from injury to the head, why would you have Rob Terry take a unprotected chair shot to the head. This was a dangerous and unnecessary move. Also, i know Russo and Bischoff have a hard on for the ORlando Jordon Gimmick but nobody else does. It failling big time so much so that i'm sure am not the only one that switch channel during that segment waiting for it to end.

Segment 4: Lockbox Challenge: Don't even try to get me to explain the rules for this match because i didn'T get it and TNA probably thought that nobody would have understood the rules either because they explain it again and even put them on the screen so that the viewer's finally understood what was going on. The winners were Tara,Daffney,Velvet Sky and Angelina love. So first let me get this strait, first Hamada does get any tv time during the interview segment then she get eliminated during the commercial break, can you said that she probably the next to get release. Then you got the fact this match was pretty much the destruction of the knockout division as it was when it first started and the TNA Knockout championship means nothing.

Segment 5: Kurt Angle vs Mr Anderson: Great match that Mr. Anderson won but that made me thinking if they gave away that much for free, what'S left for them to give for their PPV Match at lockdown.

The JB/Hogan backstage segment was boring so i didn't really listen to it.

Segment 6: Christy hemme Interview Matt Morgan: Good Interview that pretty said that Morgan was the tag champion and establish him as the cocky heel he once was.

Then you go To the Team 3D vs MCMG: Again good match between these 2 man but i hated to beat down from the band on both team especially since it lead to a team 3d vs the band and the MCMG are completly forgotten in this. Again the interview given by the band was awful and doesn't make me want to tune in to see them try to rule the show again.

Segment 7: Christy Interview The Pope. Nice little interview that got interrupted by Desmond Wolfe and pretty much gave away the result of their match when Pope put his shot at the TNA title on the line.

Gautlet match: Douglas Williams vs Generation Me: First of All Love the promo by Doug Williams but the match was just o.k. So i'm guessing Generation Me were hire to make other wrestlers look good because just like KEndrick, i don'T remember when was the last time Generation Me won a match. Then after the match Shannon Moore come to the Help of one half of Generation Me and challenge Doug Williams to a match. Didn't Kaz won a match to be next in line for the title at Destination X, so why isn't Kaz challenging Doug Williams for a match instead of Shannon. It'S good to have friends in high place because that's the only way Shannon as a job in TNA, because of Jeff.

Segment 8: First we have christy Hemme interviewing Team 3D backstage and to sum up Team 3D challenge The Band to a match next week. Not at the PPV but next week. They are giving away a match with 2 of the biggest tag teams of the attitude era for free next week, what a joke.

Then we have Desmond Wolfe vs The Pope in a glorified Squash match: Simply put Pope gets beat down for a couple of minutes, Desmond give Pope Time to recover and Pope Wins in under Five Minutes. Then the really lame stuff happens. First you have A.J. attacking Pope from Behind without the camera rven getting the shot because it was filming Pope leaving the ring so Pope got push into the camera, Then Abyss cames in for the save and did absolutely nothing and got beat down by Desmond Wolfe. So lame segment that put me to sleep and it just wanted this night to be over.

Over-run segment: but the night isn'T over yet because the last nail in the coffin of the knockout division was yet to come with the big Lockbox reveal. So after this segment we know that Velvet Sky won the Contract and is challenging Angelina Love in a leather and LAce match. I don'T even know what type of match this is but it look lame. Tara got her Spider back. Angelina Love won the Knockout Championship and DAffney had to do a striptease. First before i continue with this crap, i've just have something to say about just giving away a championship, it'S crap and devalues the championship, Angelina Love is the champion because she got lucky not because she beat Tara and that just stupid bookings. Then let'S finish this recap with the Daffney Striptease which i really thought wouldn'T happened and i really didn'T because LAcey Von Erich arrive to the ring and attacked Daffney before taking her place which is o.k because Lacey is very Beautiful and should be use as eye candy but then instead of focusing on Lacey, they go and film to battle between Tara and Angelina. They fight all the way to the ring were Lacey is still doing her striptease until finally Velvet takes the mic and announce the match she wants which mysteriously made Tara dissappeared and the show finally ends.

So like i said before, the whole knockout stuff last night was pure crap and made the WWE Divas look so much better compare to them and outside of the kurt Angle/Mr. Anderson match, the rest was just painful to watch. One last comment before i end my review, i would love for TNA to start timing the end of their segments better because last night's show looked awful, Spike T.V. would go to commercial most of the time before the segment was done and it looked awful on t.v.

If that'S the best TNA can offer, then i didn'T miss that much the lst month or so and am happy that RAW's is Coming back next week, so i'm probably done with TNA for now or until they move back to thursday which i think would be sooner then later.

Good review. I agree with you though, I think TNA needs to go back to Thursdays. Lockdown is going to show Hogan the door it looks like. Hell Jeff ran the company better than this, and all Jeff now is a jobber.

As for Hamada to get released, it's dumb. She's one of the better female wrestlers on the roster, even better than Lacey and she is barley used. The entire Knockout division is bad, I would say WWE's is worse but at the moment I don't really know whose worse.

I give TNA about 6 months left, if they don't kick it into high gear WWE will buy them out or many of the wrestlers will go to ROH like Daniels and MCMG's have.

I am glad I waited to react to impact as a whole. The bottom line is that the ending to the show was absolutely terrible. Why TNA always does this I will never figure out. They put on a good show and then have a clusterfuck ending that is stupid. It just kills it. They have just been cramming too much stuff in. Is this like the 4th time Wolfe has been basically squashed because they neglected to put enough time for his match? I did like Pope's finisher there. Much better than Jericho and I am only so much of a fan of the DDE.

Angle-Anderson was great. Angle is the best star maker working today, maybe ever. Unfortunately, he is so good, and long-term management so bad, that once these guys come out of feuds with him they end up lost in the shuffle like Wolfe. Angle amazes me with how he always throws in at least one thing you have not seen him do before in a lot of his matches.

Rob Terry I dislike in general but tonight was the best of his crappy title defenses by far. It almost resembled an actual match and necessary or not that chair shot gave him more personality in the ring than I have seen in all his previous matches combined.

Not sure I loved the match (I hate to admit it but RVD looked seriously winded at the end) but the idea to have beer money and RVD/Jeff Hardy feud is a good one. At least the tag division is still alive.

Why are they cursing team 3D to be followed around by dead weight? Just watch the webmatch from last week vs what happened tonight and figure out which one is better. Nash cut a decent promo but the subject did not fit the show and Scott Hall's look is terrible. I was joking around that the only way someone would find him remotely intimidating is if they were afraid of getting grounded.

Doug Williams cut a great promo after the "gauntlet." So good that I have hope the x-division might not be borderline dead after all.

Overall it actually was a decent show, but the sacrifice of the knockouts for ratings and the way they laid out the show because of that just killed it.

For the most part, I thought iMPACT! was pretty awful last night. The Ladder Match was good, although I definitely agree with some that a key hanging above the ring just looked kinda cheesy. The RVD/Roode match was also pretty good and Doug Williams cut a pretty good promo. Other than that, the show was crap.

As far as the Team Hogan and Team Flair thing, I honestly don't really care at this point. I just don't. Rob Terry defended the little toy belt that most people don't care about in another squash match and the Knockouts were involved in some overbooked clusterfuck that ultimately didn't seem to serve a point. Let's see, one of the boxes contained the Knockout title, one had a contract for a future title shot, one had Tara's fuckin' spider and one had a striptease. The end result was the Knockout title changing hands yet again, Velvet Sky getting a match on next week's iMPACT! against Angelina Love and Lacey Von Erich a lame striptease in the ring. Throughout the night, they made it seem that Lacey's greatest ambition is to do a striptease or something. Watching her do it while Angelina Love and Tara were at each other over the strap was just absolutely ridiculous. This is what they were putting opposite a Unified WWE Tag Team Championship match featuring John Cena on Raw last night? TNA iMPACT! was filled with a load of stunts intended to garner ratings and they came across as lame for the most part. The WWE was pulling stuff like that back in the mid and late 90s when it was actually cutting edge.

I happen to disagree with all of you haters apparently.

I thought Impact was awesome this week. MUCH MUCH better than last week, and the week before.

Storm vs. Rvd - Decent free tv match. RVD rules. That bottle shot post match was awesome and so was RVD's selling of it.

Terry vs. Homicide - Good old fashioned squash. The chair shot on Terry was awesome and fuck all the *****es that want chair shots to the head banned. Shit rules. Absolutely destroyed Homicide with that huge chokeslam/spine buster after the chair shot.

It was good to see Homicide back on TV again, even if he was getting squashed. I'm really hoping for Homicide and Hernandez to reform LAX.

Girl match - I never really care for the girl matches. But it had a lot of hot chicks which is always a good thing.

X Division gauntlet - Enjoyed it for what it was. Shannon Moore is growing on me even though he looks like a complete *****.

Ladder Match - Was actually pleasantly surprised by this. It was a TV match but they still did some awesome stuff. Scary moment where Kurt fell to the floor. Creative ending where Anderson choked out Kurt with the dog tag.

I also had no problems with the finish of the show. Angelina vs. the hottest chick in wrestling Velvet Sky? Sign me up. I normally don't like watching chicks wrestle because it's usually boring, but I'll be looking forward to that match.

Wolfe vs. Pope - That version of the of that move is much better than his old way of doing it. I hope he keeps doing that.

TEAM 3D vs. MCMG - Would have liked to have seen this match have a clean finish and have seen the table used but I understand they are setting up a feud between the Wolfpack and Team 3d. Damn Nash for playing the heel and teasing us that he was going to use the jackknife.

I give this show 7.5/10

I would have liked to have seen more involvement with the world champ in the show.

Why does Abyss have to have Hogans music? Why can't he just be Abyss without the red and yellow shit and have his old kick ass music back? That's really my only complaint with this weeks show which will continue to be a complaint as long as they stick with it.

I really hope they can keep this level of show up for the taping of next weeks show. It seems like they don't put as much effort into the taped shows and I hope that changes.

The numbers are in for last night's iMPACT!. The show drew a 0.85, which will be rounded to a 0.9 Nielsen Rating, and an audience of 1.2 million viewers. It's a definite improvement over last week's rating. The quarter hour segments were 0.87, 0.85, 0.98, 0.93, 0.81, 0.88, 0.73 and 0.70 with the overrun scoring a 0.97. The first hour of the show scored a 0.9075, which will be rounded to a 0.91 and the second hour drew a 0.78, which will be rounded to a 0.8. Overall, the 0.85 is only very slightly smaller than the 0.86 rating the last live episode of iMPACT! was shown two weeks ago. While it's an improvement over the 0.6 iMPACT! drew last week, it's still not a stellar number and, even with the move to an earlier timeslot, it's still only the third highest rating iMPACT! has drawn since it's move to Mondays. Given that it's an improvement, I'm sure that some will see this as a clear sign iMPACT! will be moving to the 8-10 timeslot permanently on Mondays and that's a possibility. However, I expect iMPACT! to move back to its usual timeslot next Monday and see how the numbers hold up head to head against Raw once more before making any changes in timeslot.

TNA Impact did a .86 rating last night off hours of .91 for the unopposed first hour and .82 for the second hour which went against RAW. Here are some quarter hour details:

- The highest quarter hour of the show was quarter hour three, which did a .98 rating. The segment featured backstage promos by the Knockouts, Rob Terry vs. Homicide, and a portion of the Knockouts eight-women match.

- Quarter hour four, the final unopposed segment, did a .93 rating. Impact then dropped to a .81 rating for quarter hour five which featured Kurt Angle vs. Mr. Anderson and Hulk Hogan's backstage segment with Bubba the Love Sponge going up against the opening of RAW.

- Quarter hour six did a .88 rating.

- Quarter hour seven did a .73 rating. The segment featured interviews with The Pope and Desmond Wolfe, and Douglas Williams.

- Quarter hour eight (which featured Team 3D, Pope vs. Wolfe, and AJ Styles) did a show-low .70 rating before the overrun shot up 40% to a .97 rating for the Knockouts strip tease.

Q1: 0.87 rating - Christy Hemme explains the rules of the Knockouts match, Hulk Hogan, Jeff Jarrett, Abyss, Team Flair, Jeff Hardy, and Rob Van Dam in-ring segment

Q2: 0.85 rating - Continuation of the opening segment, RVD vs. James Storm

Q3: 0.98 rating - Jeff Hardy saves RVD, Robert Roode attacks Hardy, Hemme interviews the Knockouts, Rob Terry vs. Homicide, Knockouts lockbox challenge

Q4: 0.93 rating - Lockbox challenge continuation, Mr. Anderson vs. Kurt Angle ladder match

Q5: 0.81 rating - Angle vs. Anderson continuation, Jeremy Borash interviews Hulk Hogan, Bubba The Love Sponge and Jay Lethal show up

Q6: 0.88 rating - Hemme interviews Matt Morgan, Motor City Machine Guns vs. Team 3D

Q7: 0.73 rating - The Band promo, Pope interview with Desmond Wolfe interruption, Douglas Williams vs. Generation Me

Q8: 0.70 rating - Shannon Moore attacks Williams, Beautiful People backstage, Team 3D interview, D'Angelo Dinero vs. Desmond Wolfe,

Overrun: 0.97 rating - Knockouts open the lockboxes

The show really wasn't as bad as it sounds, not by a long shot.

What I liked: Motor City Machine Guns vs Team 3D. These guys showed why they are amazing youngsters and solid veterans respectively. Showed off some polished ring work for a short amount of time such as in their Xplosion match. The match made sense after their first up draw and I don't mind the fact that this match will be deemed a draw also. (At least I think that's how it will be perceived, unless it is determined The Band attacked 3D first so 3D win by DQ) With this result, 3D have the chance to move into a feud with The Band now, rather than taking MCMG's spot AGAIN. If this happens, I have no problem with what took place. Even if a 3 way match takes place, this will be fine. However if indeed 3D were winners due to DQ and they take on Morgan for the titles, this will all be irrelevant.

I liked the time the Knockouts got. Showcasing them is important and they deserve considerable TV time.

I like that they are pushing the X-Division champion Doug Williams. I thought his match was ok and what happened afterward was fine.

The ladder match was awesome. Some nice spots in there, decent time, but not so much as to make it seem like a wasted PPV match. It served a purpose, Anderson won which I think was needed and built towards their PPV match very well.

Hogan wasn't all over this show. His talking and segments were limited which was neat.

RVD vs Storm was a quick little match that was decent to watch and built up a fued well. Enjoyed it and everything that happened following.

What I did not like: The worst and most ridiculous thing about this show was lack of the Champ. He appeared once to attack The Pope. That would be fine if some additional time was spent hyping his main event match at Lockdown and he got some time to cut a promo. I don't think one after match attack is enough.

The way the Knockouts were booked was bad. A title should never ever change hands because you eliminated someone in a minute to win a briefcase which held the title in it. That's absurd. Also the spider is ******ed.

I don't like Doug Williams. He pretty much buried Generation Me. Also Kaz who has been built up a fair bit on the show lately was not mentioned at all.

The production crew fucked up lots again. Cutting away to empty rings etc. Simple shit that needs to be sorted.

Desmond Wolfe lost really quick, some weeks they book him like he's gold, others like he is in a doghouse. I don't ever understand what they're trying to achieve with him.

Bubba The Love Sponge is awful.

Ric Flair becomes more difficult to understand as each show passes by.

I don't care about "why now, Sting?"

Rob Terry looks like the new Scott Steiner. Except he sucks on the mic, therefore there is no redeeming quality to him. His moves look sloppy and awful. Can't wait for a new TV champ....as long as it's not Orlando Jordan who felt the need to come out (lol) after his match and rub stuff all over himself. Rob Terry can beat him a hundred times in a row for all I care.

Overall this show wasn't too bad, which shows you can never tell what a show will be like from what's written. They're pushing some guys well, but they're just not the guys that people are supporting. They're guys that are destined to and have failed before. Some are clever decisions, but are being executed poorly or at the wrong time. It's too much for me to expect TNA will fix this, but I'm content with what they're putting out at the moment.

The production crew fucked up lots again. Cutting away to empty rings etc. Simple shit that needs to be sorted.

I assume they had to do that because things were being said or done that they could not show on tv. Anyone know if Hardy made a questionable gesture or something when he first got in the ring?

Did anyone knew that last monday's IMPACT replayed on Thursday because i sure didn't and so did alot of peoples because the thursday replay of IMPACT only did a 0.56 ratings.

That what you get when you only advertise on the facebook and Twitter. I sure hope the ratings for the replay next week goes up because that's not a good sign if the replays does lower ratings then the original broadcast.

Well there has been a lot of TNA bashing recently and even I have said some unkind words about Impact last week, but I think TNA and Impact has gone full circle this week. The new show TNA Reaction was pretty much a recap show highlighting Lockdown, but it was interesting show backstage interviews and turning up the interest even more for Lockdown.

I love the opening segment for Impact tonight with Jarrett and Sting brawling. It would be nice to hear Sting actually say why he turned heel but I guess they are keeping that a secret for a little while longer. I am really impressed with Team Flair. I thought that the focus would just be on Flair and AJ with the rest of the team standing in their shadow. Beer Money and Desmond Wolfe convinced us they were real threats and made Team Flair that much more dangerous.

I'm not a fan of any Team 3D or Band match, but these guys had fast paced weapons filled match that had a lot of good spots. The ending was dumb but the match actually got me a little interested to see Young against Nash. Team 3D vs. The Band I can take or leave. I liked the Moore vs. Kaz match with Doug Williams cutting a promo on each man. I think Moore is a good worker but I can't stand his gimmick. I don't think the rest of the fans are that crazy about him either. I guess we have to wait and see how St.Louis reacts.

Jay Lethal is a little overbearing with his gimmick, but it still cracks me up when he tries to get Hogan to put on the banana hammocks and refers to wrestlers as Slick or Dynamite Kid. I really don't know what kind of match Velvet and Angelina had since the stipulations changed so much. I know TNA wants their women to be known for their wrestling, but in this type of match it wouldn't hurt to see a little ass or cleavage.

Abyss getting ran over by a car was cheesy. He must truly have the power of Hulkamania since Austin was out for a year almost after his car wreck and Abyss was fine after his. I blame Rikishi for both incidents. Matt Morgan and Red actually made a good tag team. It's a shame that MCMG have probably lost their #1 contender ship. I'm more then fine seeing Morgan as a heel, but let someone else be the tag team champs like maybe a tag team for instance.

Jeff Hardy and Roode and a good match with Roode hitting the old school fireball. I just don't understand how almost everything on Impact is uncensored but a fireball isn't? How is a fireball any more obscene then what we usually see on Impact?
Angle and Anderson weren't on the show but after all of their videos aired on Impact and Reaction they didn't need to be. TNA is gold when it comes to production whether it be Beyond the Bell or any type of feature.

I could watch those videos all day and still be excited for the PPV. It would of been nice to have seen the main event air, but after 2 tag matches already I wasn't too disappointed. Everyone looked great tonight. Team Flair, Styles, Pope, Angle, Anderson, X Division, Knockouts, Morgan, even Eric Young. The PPV should be solid all around. I'm just curious how St.Louis will react to the new TNA. They were a pretty smarky crowd 3 years ago at Lockdown. The good thing is that they are rabid TNA fans so you know there will be a good reaction.

Great Impact. I hope next week will be even better.

I sure hope the ratings for the replay next week goes up because that's not a good sign if the replays does lower ratings then the original broadcast.

I'm sorry for being off topic, but why do you think a replay would get higher
ratings than the first showing? The way things are now, with DVRs and up to the minute interent results replays I think mean almost nothing.

I'm sorry for being off topic, but why do you think a replay would get higher
ratings than the first showing? The way things are now, with DVRs and up to the minute interent results replays I think mean almost nothing.

To answer your question, it very simple, i don'T think the ratings for the replay should be higher then the first showing, i just think it should be equal to the original broadcast because what the point for Spike to give up a 2 hour timeslot to TNA for a replay on thursdays if the replay doesn't draw. Might as well put a movie or UFC programming in that timeslot if the IMPACT replay isn'T able to at less equal the ratings of the original broadcast.

My thougts on Impact

The Band vs Team 3D was OK but why is BTLS still on TV?!

Also wouldn't it make more sense for Eric Young and Team 3D to team up to take out all 3 members of the Band at Lockdown instead of having two seperate matches?

I admit the match between Kazarian and Shannon Moore was good and I love "Smark" Douglas Williams.

I LOL'd when he called them performance monkeys.

Velvet Sky looked amazing last night.

I don't understand why she would waste an opportunity to win the KO title on the match that she set up.

Also I thought Angelina Love came off as a hypocrite last night in her promo. I understand she is suppose ot be a face now but she sure doesn't act like it.

Tara also came off as heelish last night.

As for the BP / Tara & Angelina match at Lockdown why do all the titles have to be on the line? Why can't it just be a regular tag match because at least that way the BP would have a chance of winning it.

I hated seeing the MCMGs lose their title match but maybe they will get another chance to win the tag titles.

I loved Jay Lethal's references last night.

With Jeff Hardy being injured by a fireball I guess Jay Lethal will take his place on Team Hogan?

Last but not least crazy wheelchair Ric Flair was entertaining as hell last night.

All in all a solid Impact. That's all I can say about it.

I can't lie, TNA last night was back to it's typical shenanigans again, as opposed to being merely a crappy show. I found myself thinking the wrestling portion of the show was fantastic, but everything else made me scratch my head on so many levels.

First, I'll go with the legitimate wrestling matches. The New York Street Fight was fun, if nothing else. Sure, the sweat coming off Bubba's head was enough to make me thing his deoderent is Crisco, but it was just a fun match, with the heels getting a royal ass kicking. I just didn't like the ending, as everyone has said. I find it hard to believe that Bubba can be taken out by literally one move. From X-Pac, no less.

I wasn't too sure about letting Kaz and Shannon have the longest match of the night, but it was a good little match. At the very least, it was fast paced. Though, admittedly, I was paying more attention to Doug Williams. His smark remarks were great for me, though they did point out something that is inherently true about the X-Division. I'm not a fan of Moore by any means, so I'll just go ahead and give Kaz credit to the match.

Hardy and Roode was decent. I'd be lying in saying I didn't expect more from them, because I really did. I felt this should have gotten the time Moore and Kaz did, but I was ok with it. The fireball was hokey, but apparently it was harmless, as they said Hardy was ok later in the boradcast. Now, if they use it for an injury angle at Lockdown, I'll be so pissed, seeing as how Tenay said, blatantly, "we understand that Jeff Hardy is ok after having a fireball thrown in his face". Also, why does Storm have to drink the flammable liquid before spitting a fireball? Wouldn't that be hazardous to his health?

Morgan and The MCMG..... Just didn't work for me. Sorry, but it was about time to put the tag belts on a real team, and I hated the Guns jobbing out. For God's sake, you could have at least them jobbed out on the pay per view, but no; I guess they're just not good enough for that.

Everything else, was a mixed bag. Hogan and Bischoff with rising tensions works for me, for some reason. But I hope to God they keep Styles and Flair as the focal point, and have Hogan train someone else to beat Styles. Read; not Hogan himself, and not Abyss. Please. I'd be cool with even Jeff Jarrett getting the nod from the Hulkster. Pope and AJ clearly isn't the direction TNA is looking for, so I'd love to see Joe come back, and face AJ.

The Beautiful People and Angelina Love was just confusing. It's apparent that TNA wants to make TBP the focal point of the Knockout Division, and I like that. They're the best heels, man or otherwise, on the card, and still draw heat out the wazoo. I'd like to see Angelina turn on Tara at Lockdown, personally, and return to TBP, though I just don't see that happening. Four women in one stable may be enough, and though Lacey is useless, it seems as though TNA is sticking with that.

The car angle with Abyss was just stupid. I'm sorry, but a car is going to do more damage than it did to Abyss. Hell, Austin was out a year, and that was the most dominant face in the world not named Hulk Hogan. It's clearly trying to hard with Abyss, though I do like that it seemed as though Wolfe was driving. Then again, I'm a hopeless Wolfe mark, so there's that.

Overall, another mixed bag. Some things were great, some things were confusing.

The numbers for iMPACT! last night are in and they're not great. They haven't been great for a while but they're a tad worse than last week. According to gerweck.net, iMPACT! scored a 0.78 rating, which will be rounded to a 0.8 with an audience of roughly 1.1 million. Last week's edition of iMPACT! pulled a 0.85 rating I think. The first hour of iMPACT! pulled a 0.815, which will be rounded to a 0.82. The quarter hours for the first hour were 0.74, 0.84, 0.83 and 0.85.

The second hour, head to head against WWE Raw, drew a 0.7375, which will be rounded to a 0.74. The quarterly hour numbers were 0.78, 0.65, 0.72 and 0.80. The overrun of last night's show pulled a 0.97 and was the only part of the show to come close to a 1.0 rating. When adding the 0.97 overrun with the other segments, the overall rating for iMPACT! rose to a 0.79.

The numbers of the first hour were pretty consistent overall and the final segments of the second hour did rebound and gain some viewers. Overall, however, TNA continues to lose viewers in the second half of their show.

The ratings for TNA ReAction are in and the show drew an abysmal 0.3 rating. TNA can't be at all shocked by this as there was literally no advertising or build up whatsoever for the show. I myself just found out about it Sunday night.

I watch the replay of IMPACT last night and will it wasn't all bad i've got to say this at less they kept all the crap in the second hour this time.

For me, the first hour was just fine, you had a good six persons hardcore match that ended badly but was still entertaining. You had the 10 minutes draw with the x- division and some good advancement in storylines with the backstage stuff, then at the top of the hour you had that ridiculous knockout match, that pretty made the baywatch triple threat tag team match watchable compare this, you had abyss been hit by a car but somehow he'S going to be o.k for sunday, a tag title match the made the MCMG look even weaker then they already look, a sloppy match between Robert Roode and JEff HArdy with hardy getting a fireball to the face and finally a main event that had to be change several time because the could stop injuring peoples.

By the way Desmond Wolfe is pretty much been book like a weak guys lately, first he lose to The pope within 2 minutes on last weeks show then with one weak chair shot to the back, he's pretty much unconscious this week.

Like i said IMPACT is a better program when it'S pre-taped then when it'S live but they still have a long way to go before it becomes watchable.

Holy shit what an Impact! It seems like everything is finally coming together for them. This was a great show top to bottom. I didn't change the channel once during the whole show. This is what a wrestling show should be...a show with actual wrestling! I wonder how much in ring action there was on Impact tonight? I know its a lot.

Jeff Hardy and RVD put on one hell of a match. But it was outdone later in the night by RVD and Styles. RVD won the title! That was a huge shocker! Big props goes to RVD, he's wrestled 4 matches in 2 days.

This might have been one of the best free wrestling shows I've ever seen, and definately one of the best Impacts ever.

I really enjoyed Impact but I think they need to commit to their choices. AJ is finally getting better, and even though Hands down I would choose Roode as the Flair protege I feel like Aj needs to have the backing of the company. I mean the one night he goes without Flair and sort of holds his own, he drops the title. I mean maybe they are going to have Flair be angry that without him he couldn't survive and some sort of turn thing happens, but that would be too soon unless it's a swerve. Then They could in theory push Roode and let AJ be more of a Tully which is where I see him. Also what happened to Sting and RVD? Oh well, I still liked it.

I am a huge wwe fan, but shit i gotta give props to tna for a fucking incredible show tonight.It just might have been the best impact ever. The wrestling was incredible rvd beat jeff and aj in one night. He truly is the whole fuckin show even at 39. Props to bischoff because i know russo couldn't have put on a show this good. does this mean a aj face turn is already about to happen we'll just have to wait and see. But i know one thing i'll sure as hell be watching. Oh Yeah JOES GONNA KILL YOU!!!!!!!

I think TNA put on a really good show tonight. There were some quality matches, storylines were created and moved forward. Of course, Somoa Joe made his return, and we have a new champion, Mr. Monday Night. I think they did a really good job of taking advantage of the travel difficulties WWE faced. I also think tonight proved that if you care more about wrestling than comedy, TNA is probably for you. Half of RAW was spent on mediocre SNL skits.

One other thing: was tonight the official intro of Rob Terry into the main event scene? He was on Team Hogan, and he was in the ring when RVD was celebrating is title win. I'm not a huge fan, I've actually been hoping they TNA takes the global title off him, but tonight seemed to show that TNA is commited to making him a star. Whether that is possible remains to be seen.

Great Show, I have been watching Impact as much as I can since January and while being impressed since then there has definitely been some curious booking/outcomes to matches and feuds but they got most on this episode right I Thought. For example having RVD go over Jeff while not damaging Jeff's rep was great and the right thing to do since Jeff still might be absent for a long period due to his drugs bust.

Rob Terry's introduction in the main event scene has been very fast but they've actually made him look quite menacing especially tonight and I'm interested to see how far he can go, or how are they will let him go. He's got a great look and I guess thats what's stood out to Hogan and Bischoff straight away.

Didnt see lockdown because I'm in the UK but I'm going to check it out now if possible - read up on it sounded good, but from what i've read not as good as this Impact.

Samoa Joe is back, not a Joe fan but he gets alot of support so I guess its good to see him back in a way, they will need to explain exactly where he has been since the kidnapping I hope they dont just throw some stupid thing together in 2 seconds for it lol

I thought it was a wonderful Impact. I agree with giving RVD the title, I haven't been impressed with AJ's heel turn. I think if it was RVD vs AJ face vs face I think the match would of been better. Sort of like the first AJ vs Angle was on January 4.

I thought everything was well done except for the woman's tag match. The division is still broken. There was no X division style matches but that's ok I consider RVD, Jeff Hardy, and AJ Styles all X Division stars.

My only request for RVD is to stop doing WWE type moves. Your remembered for doing your 5 Star Frog Splash clear across the ring, same with the Van Terminator that Shane McMahon basically stole from you. While Rolling Thunder and the Rolling Thunder Splash have always been a part of your move list I would like to see more from RVD in terms like he was in ECW. There's a reason why RVD is the hottest free agent in wrestling. When you can do what he can do, nobody can compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back