*OFFICIAL* Kofi Kingston Thread

Where do I even start here....what the hell are you talkin about, guy? What in the blue hell does dreadlocks have to do with being a main eventer? I dont know if you're saying he needs to revamp his style altogether, or if he needs to distance himself from the former Jamaincan gimmick...I dont know, but either way, it makes no sense. The dreads are fine. Booker T won the World title with dreadlocks, plus Kofi's dreadlocks gives him a unique look.

Awesome job at picking out literally one line from my entire post and attempting to use that as my entire reasoning for why he might be future main event material.

Why does he need to get rid of the dreadlocks? Because he can't be taken seriously with those things flying all over the place, not as a main eventer. Booker T it was able to work with because he kept the dreadlocks neat and tied up, whereas Kofi's jut out all over the place. It's hard to take him seriously with them.

Things are starting to look up for Kofi as well as the Raw brand, this looks like a good feud since Orton can't get title shots, he'll be able to make Kofi look better than before. I'm suprised Kofi started talking without the accent, but at least it makes him look better as a superstar. Wherever this is going, this feud is gonna be good, hopefully better than MVP which was cut short.

I haven't been a fan of Kofi's but after seeing him develop over the past couple of years has really changed my mind. I remember watching him in the MitB match at WM 25 and his athleticism was taken to a whole new level, he has always had an amazing ability and he is really starting to stand out.

Now lets rewind to when Kofi debuted on ECW. When he debuted I remember watching his vignettes and his Jamaican accent was poor but he has always had great ability, but the WWE gave him the huge smile, hyper activity and BOOM, BOOM, BOOM stuff and I wanted to kill myself everytime I saw him. Now lets rewind to a little bit further to when The Rock debuted, he had a similar gimmick as this smiling man and the crowd hated it. Then he did his "Die, Rocky Die!" promo. Kofi's promo in my opinion was something similar to that. When The Rock delivered that promo in 1997 it allowed him to bring his personality out as legitimately outside of the ring he was upset about the fans chanting "Die, Rocky Die!" during his matches and after he did that, well... the rest is history.

After Kofi pulled off the promo on the Titantron last night with Orton's car, finally he seems like a legitimate wrestler who is ready to go to the next level. He has charisma, he has energy, he has a good look, he has ability in the air and on the mat and finally he has a personality. Kingston isn't going to be WWE Champion or WHC in the next year or so but he will be on the brink of the ME within the next year, he may be a serious contender for the MitB at WM 26 and he may even get into the Elimination Chamber in February... lets just hope that they don't do the same thing as last year.

I wish Kofi the best for the future and I hope WWE don't fuck this up like they did with MVP.

well the fact that bobo brazil was champion is completely irrelevant to the here and now as I believe he won the title in 1787 before wrestling was invented. Ron simmons was wcw champion and Booker was world heavyweight and wcw champion. That is a different title chain. And since rock was really more Samoan than black there hasn't been a true African champion. If kofi wins the title, then you have that Rey mysterio effect and introduce a new culture to wwe. I know Mexican wrestling was popular but Mexicanos were not truly interested in wwe til Rey won the belt.

Actully we Mexicans were insterested man. The way you make statements looks like you know facts but actually since you are wrong there and don't know a thing just make you come off as an ignorant person.

First of all WWE had PPVs broadcasted here in Mexico since the 90's, Raw was broadcasted her trhough the USA Network Latin America until they dropped the deal with MVS Networks and that company got them back in 2000 due public request and yes they were on cable. With that Mexico got Raw-Smackdown and PPVs on the same channel (free PPVs but delayed and with advertisements on them, so no totally free) until last year that WWE got a deal to air Raw and Smackdown on free TV and now they charges for the PPVs.

WWE has been touring in Mexico since 2004 with Raw in Monterrey (way before Mysterio was champion) and it was a sell out Arena, so good they decided to comeback later in the year. Since then they always tour 3 or 4 times per year and always get good attendance.

The first Mexican-American WWE Champion was Eddie Guerrero (who unfortunately could never come to Mexico City with the WWE since Smackdown first tour came in after he passed, we even had the 10 bell rings ceremony, there is one video clsaimng e came to the City as champ in youtube but is unacurrate).So before you state "Mexicans really became interested when Rey become champion" why don't you do some research to back your facts up, WWE was introduced here way before Mysterio was even considering get in the company.

I've always enjoyed Kingston's matches and I just always felt he had a little something. I'd hoped that if they really gave him a chance to shine that he could deliver the goods. I was beyond impressed with Kingston last night.

I figured he'd be on Raw next week and cut a promo or something, but having him trash Orton's car while talking some smack at the same time was great. Orton sold his outrage and anger towards Kingston perfectly and Kofi came off looking as if he's not the least bit impressed or intimidated by Orton. I'm expecting some great matches between these two and Orton could very well elevate Kingston to main event status.

Kingston has great in-ring ability and I think he could be great on the mic as well. He's got this youthful, energetic presence that just makes me want to cheer for him. I'm glad they've dropped the whole Jamaican thing but, for the most part, I think Kofi needs to stay as is. I even like his dreadlocks for some odd reason. His character is just the opposite of the stereotypical angry black man or thuggish qualities and that's a breath of fresh air. Quite frankly, I'm tired of those aspects that're given to a lot of black and hispanic wrestlers to add to their characters. It's too early to tell but the guy just captured my attention and elevated himself to another level within a span of about 5 minutes.

I couldn't believe Kofi last night,i thought it was great! I felt he always had the skills to be a main eventer.Im looking forward to Raw in the coming weeks.

I'm liking new Kofi. Orton has brought his dark side, and he needs to use that as his gimmick to elevate himself to the top of the card.

He's always been able to get the job done in the ring. But it's outside the ring and talking that he's needed to develop. And Orton's unprovoked attack turned the always smiling, fun loving Kofi into a bad ass vandal who takes no shit. If he can keep up his bad-assery then he will end up very over, more over than he is now. He just needs a victory over Orton and there's no reason why he shouldn't get a world title shot some time next year. I say a world title shot, because he won't win MitB as he really doesn't seem to need it right now!

I think Raw is really starting to turn around at the moment. Sure, the guest hosts are still kinda crap, and Ozzy Osbourne probably won't be any better. But, we have new challengers for the WWE title with HBK in the mix for the first time in years. We have one of the most entertaining US champions in a long time with the Miz.
And we have Kofi vs Orton.

This rivalrs has only been going on for like 2 days, but already I'm loving it. Last nights Raw was a real turning point from Kofi. With a little help from Orton, he developed his character more in that one night than in the rest of the 2 years he's been in WWE.
If the continue the angle of one upmanship between Kofi and Orton, it could make for some very entertaining viewing as long as they don't go too far.

As for the matches, it's hard to tell how they'll go. Orton has faced some fast wrestlers before, Jericho, Punk, etc. But Kofi is quite unique. Honestly, Randy Orton has never had a really bad match. And I don't think he'll start having them with Kofi.

This was the best thing wwe could of done. Get orton out of the pic. i onestly didnt think wwe would do anything with kofi after Bragging right. This made my night. i think the miz and swagger feud will be good for the us title. and bring some heat to the title. Plus this will help start push guys. i like the chage in cena to. Rodes and Ted need to get on there own. i thought that Rhodes was going to end up feuding with Kofi not orton but that was a total switch i like it alot. Know just wait for Ted to start working on getting out of orton show and become his own man. Braging rights was the the begging of a great card for maybe wrestle mania if osme could start and thred about wwe finnely pusing news guys that would be a reall good conversaison

I've always thought Kofi was a really good wrestler but he needed something to become interesting. Finally the WWE delivered lastnight on RAW. I like the new "pushed too far" Kofi. Anyone who trashes the hell out of a Nascar has my vote! Randy and Kofi showed have some great matches together that will help elevate Kingston to the main event level(that's if the wwe doesn't screw up.)
Didn't anyone else see Kofi's foot go through the windshield by accident? I was waiting for to slice a friggin artiery like Goldberg did back in the day. Bye bye push...

I am excited to see where this goes. Hopefully it elevates Kofi up to the main event full time and not just a one time deal. I would prefer it not turn out how Cena-Miz turned out. That would be a waste of all the momentum Kofi has going for him.

WWE is finally giving us what we want. The one thing I think Kofi needs though is a change in music. Aside from that he's got everything going for him. The side we saw was one we never thought Kofi even had. I am glad that he had retribution now hopefully it goes somewhere good.

I'm hoping that he's the first of many to become elevated. I look forward to seeing what this brings. Plus I'm glad they have him using his real voice and not the Jamaican accent anymore. That accent really held him back in my opinion.

I agree with AC SC. If we get a bunch of squash matches with beatdowns by legace and such, it will kill all of kofi's momentum. Plus any superstar with a jamaican accent would have trouble cutting good promos. All in all its up to creative to see where this goes and we all know how super creative is at there job...

I thought the kofi segment was great... it's about time they gave the guy a character instead of smiling all the time. Put him in a program with all of legacy not just orton. Have cody want to step up first to take him on followed by ted. around the rumble have him take on orton and with botched interference by ted have kofi go over. then maybe have kofi pin orton at w/e no way out is now. This starts ted face turn and also pushes kofi. I think idea plus promo time on raw will put kofi into the main event

After witnessing Kofi's brain snap on RAW i will say yes he's a future main eventer, i always saw him as a uppercard or upper midcard guy for his career, he has great in ring work. And now that it seems he's getting more mic time and a character change is happening together with him being over and gaining more charisma, Kofi being in the ME will be great and his feud with Randy will help that.

His brain snap on Orton's car was gold.

Kofi Kingston seems more of a wrestler now that he gets more mic time and drops the jamican accent and Kofi has impressed me as of late starting with his feud with Jack Swagger and The Miz and now entering a feud with Randy Orton and Legacy they say you can only get far in the business if people like Triple H, Shawn Michaels, John Cena and guess who Randy Orton admire you and think you can be a future star so Kofi keep up the good work

I'm glad the Jamaican accent is gone because now Kofi can be taken seriously. After the show he put out on Raw, he def has a chance in the main event level some day. He's in the mid upper card scene taking on Randy Orton. This is something new and fresh and he set Orton off! It's really great to see Kofi get this shot and Orton is a nice opponent and the guy needed to get out of the title scene very bad. Depending on how this feud goes, Kofi could be a future main eventer sooner or later.

God I really do hope so I've never really been that big of a Dibiase guy and felt that the only reason people were up on him was his movie.

Kofi, however is a very talented wrestler he can speak (the Jamaican crap held him down) he can wrestle and he has lots of charisma the guy can work plain and simple.

Now I hope they don't have Orton bury Kofi like creative did with Cena and the Miz Orton can afford to drop a match here he is way over and doesn't need to dominate in any way shape or form.

If they want Kofi to get over having him beat Orton is probably the best thing that they could do.

As I was watching Kofi destroying Orton's car, my jaw was on the floor the entire time. I couldn't believe this was the same guy with the happy Jamacian gimmick who rarely spoke. His work was phenomenal,and he really seemed to legitimately hate Orton;and I actually bought it. Cena has NEVER been able to do that with me, but a guy who's pretty much never been pissed before has.

I never minded that he was a fake Jamaican, I just wanted him to be more than that. To have some character, a personality and we got a glimpse of that on Raw. Since they dropped the accent, they should probably remix his theme and maybe change his attire a bit. He can keep the hair, since there's a ton of black guys who have dreads that aren't Jamaican, and it helps him stand out anyway.

I'm very excited to see where Kofi's fued with Orton goes. Hopefully they don't pull an MVP and have him shine for one night, then drop him next week.

I was fucking marking the fuck out for the Kofi segment. Although my initial reaction was too bad for Randy. Night before fought a one hour Iron match to be fed to Kofi, but once I saw the Kofi/car segment..I was impressed.

Kofi seized his opportunity and hopefully will shine. Now in terms of his locks? Lol. X, your opinion usually coincides with mine but I really don't think its a determining factor in whether hes taken seriously or not. I agreed with everything else you said, but if you have noticed, Kofi is growing them. They were much shorter a few months ago (duh hair grows) and I just think hes in the process of growing em longer, ala King Booker. Yes, Booker kept this neat but in my opinion I like Kofi with em. It adds a further element as opposed to just a bald head (Shelton). So I rekon keep em.

Looking forward to seeing how this fued goes. Randy should be contending for the world championship, get him over on Smackdown.

Kofi really shined out there Monday. He went from guy who rarely speaks to bad ass over night it seemed. I hope Kofi can score a few wins here as I don't see some loses really hurting Orton at all. Orton's already over and hated so much, this can't do anything but help Kofi springboard up the ladder. Hopefully will be a good feud and not another Cena vs Miz.

Guy knows how to work a crowd. Reminds me a lot of Shelton Benjamin with his athleticism and charisma. I think he'll definitely be a future main eventer, and this feud with Orton will only help that process.

good....no, it was a GREAT segment for Kofi. My question is a projected card was posted on one of the wrestling sites not sure if it was this one or another. It had 3 survivor series elimination matches, one for each brand and it had listed the captains for Raw as Kofi and Orton. What would be better at this point? Kofi vs Orton leading two teams at series or a 1 on 1 match?

On this Weeks Raw one of the guest hosts was introducing Kofi Kingston but instead he called him Kofi Johnson he then corrected himself and then went onto speak. This could just be a slip of the tongue but its kinda hard to get Johnson and Kingston mixed up.

He has a new personality
so could he have a new name?
if not Johnson what other names are there?

Johnson is fine with me, anything to just to get him completely away from the Jamaican gimmick. I always enjoyed watching Kofi in the ring but could never take him seriously. After his promo on Monday, I can and I think he now has the potential to go far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back